Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 21-07-2010, 11:51 AM   #61
Dusty1
Giddy up!

I'd be interested to hear how you go with it, as I might be upgrading to the MB when they release the Titanium wagon. My missus loves the auto locking, as it means she doesn't have to worry about locking doors.

Before you take it to the dealer for the service, make sure you word them up about it and that you want it done. I've told them stuff I wanted done on the day and they heaven't done it, meaning I've had to take it back again, and that gets on my goat.
Previous:
Oct 07 built Mondeo TDCi hatch, Stardust Silver, bluetooth, leather, tow pack, sunroof.
Dusty1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-07-2010, 12:28 PM   #62
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty1
I'd be interested to hear how you go with it, as I might be upgrading to the MB when they release the Titanium wagon. My missus loves the auto locking, as it means she doesn't have to worry about locking doors.

Before you take it to the dealer for the service, make sure you word them up about it and that you want it done. I've told them stuff I wanted done on the day and they heaven't done it, meaning I've had to take it back again, and that gets on my goat.
I shoulda be able to get my mate to do with the IDS, hes got a portable one and will be able to do it in the carpark if i cruise around there one day..

Cant believe its not in the menu like the Falcon.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-07-2010, 01:33 PM   #63
Dusty1
Giddy up!

It is really dumb that it isn't. Would make life easier.

I read somewhere that Ford are stopping autolocking it because they are worried about being sued out of the US. Don't really believe that.

I was even told by a service person that the modules used in Australia were different than those used in Europe. He was a little shocked at my reply.

If it's available on the MB in Europe, it will be available here. They just have to look for it.
Previous:
Oct 07 built Mondeo TDCi hatch, Stardust Silver, bluetooth, leather, tow pack, sunroof.
Dusty1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-07-2010, 09:56 AM   #64
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Well we pick the car up tomorrow!! Cant wait!
Old 23-07-2010, 04:57 PM   #65
warren77

Good luck with picking up the car.
Just make sure you give it a good looking over.
Mine had a big scratch (15 cm long, about 4mm deep) on the inside of the hatch.
I pointed that out, and got it put in writing that it was there, before I would sign for the car.
Also, double check the suspension blocks have been taken out - mine weren't.

Remind me why I paid $1500 for dealer delivery again?
warren77 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-07-2010, 12:25 AM   #66
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by warren77
Good luck with picking up the car.
Just make sure you give it a good looking over.
Mine had a big scratch (15 cm long, about 4mm deep) on the inside of the hatch.
I pointed that out, and got it put in writing that it was there, before I would sign for the car.
Also, double check the suspension blocks have been taken out - mine weren't.

Remind me why I paid $1500 for dealer delivery again?
Dont worry ive already inspected the car twice now, once down in the holding yard when it still had plastic on it and also once today when they put it in their showroom. Would have picked it up today but the g/f is very sick, which is dissapointing as its her first brand new car!
Old 24-07-2010, 09:16 AM   #67
gcg2503
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always adding valued comments,  never involved in any disputes. A credit to this forum. 

Her first new car and what a car indeed. Sitting in the waiting room looking at a new WHITE XR5 mondeo whilst the turbo gets a 22500km oil dump.
Good to see things progressing well with the missus
gcg2503 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-07-2010, 08:21 PM   #68
.bazz.
MFP s/c 290BOSS GT

Hey Brent
Thanks for bringing the car around in person. It's a great new car!! I can't get over all the options that come as 'standard' in these cars.

2007 BF MK2 XR6 TURBO UTE-winter white, y/t airbox, 60" injectors, herrod fuel pump, pwr intercooler, hot side pipe kit,CES exhaust.432rwhp 13psi http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11329995

2006 BF MK1 FPV GT-silhouette, 6sp manual, 4/4 brembo's, whipple 2.9L, custom MFP supercharger kit, hurricane exhaust, 3:73 ratio, eaton tru-trac

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
.bazz. is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-07-2010, 09:10 PM   #69
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Got the car..

Woah im so impressed with it... Its great. As you guys know i have a few very nice Fords at my disposal, but this car is just something else. No its not the quickest, but id go as far as saying its the smoothest and quiestest and by far the best equiped.

Dealer was GREAT too!!

Bryan Byrt Ford Brisbane, really cant say enough about how helpful Ben and Senior are.. Great guys!

We were blessed to get a brand new 2010 plate too as they are selling like hot cakes.

Last edited by Smoke Pursuit; 24-07-2010 at 09:28 PM.
Old 25-07-2010, 12:55 AM   #70
warren77

There are ways to make it quicker ;)

Seriously however, the bluefin is the tune the car should have come out of the factory with. It really improves how the car drives.
I notice it mostly in second gear.
Others reckon it helps with first.
warren77 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post