Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 29-01-2005, 10:20 PM   #1
svo347
AFF's 1st DM.......

Location: Wha???... There is only 2 states 2 be in.. WA or Drunk..
Default Gypsy jokers co-founder dies.

Gypsy jokers co-founder Les Hoddy had his funeral today.
just saw it on the news..
well known man.
Ride on mate
Quote:
Originally Posted by zetec
I know what lengths they go to to ensure it's more than just a Ford sticker on the part. Ford doesn't throw it's name on anything for a quick buck.
06 Turbo Terri AWD 6 sp in Neo with stuff i didnt even need, side steps,15.2 inch roof mounted DVD,Pioneer $tezza,Selby 30/18mm swaybars,debunged,100 cpsi Ballistic cat,Plazmaman under battery Cai injectors 14/lb boost,ZF tuned,Xtreme's magic. :
svo347 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-01-2005, 12:29 AM   #2
MrSparkle
An Old Boss™©
Contributing Member

Don't know that man, but what I do know (experienced first hand) of the Sydney chapter is less than impressive. A total disregard for the community, the law, and basic human rights.
Old 31-01-2005, 12:41 AM   #3
Kryton

we used to have member of the shepparton cycle gang live with us. he was also the local tattooist as well in Maroopna.
long story short he was a total **** wit. (the deadshit died from AIDS too). my impression of all these sorts of people are the same since i met many of the other members.
no real loss to the 'real' community at all.
maybe the rest should follow suit or go get a ****ing job and stop being the scum of society.
Kryton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-01-2005, 12:50 AM   #4
Cheahman
BOSS 260

It was funny once seeing all of them cruising together and what seemed like the whole police force following right behind them with motorbikes, cop cars and unmarked cops cars, they had the lot lol, this was when one of there members in Adelaide was killed in a fight somewhere.

BA XR8
EB XR8

Last edited by Cheahman; 31-01-2005 at 08:39 PM.
Cheahman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-01-2005, 12:54 AM   #5
svo347
AFF's 1st DM.......

Listen here guys Fair enuff i dont know all of them, but I DO know 4 members, and let me tell you they are just like you & me, except they ride harley's, tats everywhere built like the proverbial and strangely enuff have a family and are good to their kids.
Quote:
I know what lengths they go to to ensure it's more than just a Ford sticker on the part. Ford doesn't throw it's name on anything for a quick buck.
06 Turbo Terri AWD 6 sp in Neo with stuff i didnt even need, side steps,15.2 inch roof mounted DVD,Pioneer $tezza,Selby 30/18mm swaybars,debunged,100 cpsi Ballistic cat,Plazmaman under battery Cai injectors 14/lb boost,ZF tuned,Xtreme's magic. :
Old 31-01-2005, 07:57 PM   #6
CAMS290
trying to get a leg over
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by svo347
Listen here guys Fair enuff i dont know all of them, but I DO know 4 members, and let me tell you they are just like you & me, except they ride harley's, tats everywhere built like the proverbial and strangely enuff have a family and are good to their kids.

Totaly agree there, i am good mates with quite a few "1 percenters" most of them work for a living, and just like to party and ride motorcycles fast without bringing unwanted attention to themselves.
Golden rule: Leave them alone and they will leave you alone, look out for them and they will look out for you.

Ride on Les Hoddy
Old 31-01-2005, 09:13 PM   #7
eb2flyz
bettering 13.7

they are in alot of aspects no different to any of us, in that they have a toy, associate with ppl with the same passions and ideals, and just try and have a good time.

stop talking about some of the bads things they do, which even still are way outnumbered by the good things that they do, but these never get plublicised. think of it like this, most of us on here have modified and resonably quick cars - but are we all hoons, even though we all are not, we get targeted as. if i had a harley ( i wish i did ) would i have the title of being a bikie.

guy's really what i'm trying to say is these guys, and if you ever get to meet any of them and talk to them, are good guy's and do do a lot of good things, so lay off them and stop branding them just coz of a couple of bad eggs.

FPV/Tickford Club of W.A

Performance is Electronic

BPT Motorsport
eb2flyz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-01-2005, 10:17 PM   #8
XRQTOR
Banned

We like cars they like bike's. What's the difference, sure you get a few ****wits along the way but thats happens everywhere.
XRQTOR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-01-2005, 11:16 PM   #9
Kryton

look i only said what i said coz this guy lived with us. his 'mates' were no different. you tell me why any man with any sense or even respect for other people needs to carry a loaded gun on them all the time? why do you need a gun strapped to the underside of your desk? i know there are a few that are good but get them in their group and most are no different to the rest.
Kryton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-01-2005, 11:36 PM   #10
MO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Every barrel has good apples and bad apples,it's not true that good apples know what the bad apples are upto.
Live hard die fast and have a good looking corpse.
Ride on Bro.

The more I know ppl the more I love my DOGS.
2011 SY Territory Limited Edition TS
2000 AUII SE ute IL6
MO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-02-2005, 12:03 AM   #11
dragonV8
1BAD302

"When we do right, no-one remembers. When we do wrong, no-one forgets".

Don't know if they still have this, but this was on the Oakland Hell's Angels business card years ago. This applies to a lot of people.

My personal experiences with bikers have been all good.

Ride on bro.

Fond Of Reasonating Decibles.
dragonV8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-02-2005, 12:12 AM   #12
MrSparkle
An Old Boss™©
Contributing Member

I'll be happy to elaborate on my experiences, but by the sounds of it, what I have to say would not be either believed or accepted. Trust me, the guys involved in my experience were certainly not "just like us" ...

Not saying they are all like that, but the facts are facts.
Old 01-02-2005, 12:20 AM   #13
svo347
AFF's 1st DM.......

I dont doubt you MrSparkle
Im sorry to see you have had a tarnished experience.
Quote:
Old 01-02-2005, 12:24 AM   #14
MrSparkle
An Old Boss™©
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by svo347
I dont doubt you MrSparkle
Im sorry to see you have had a tarnished experience.
As am I mate! Have had a bit to do with various clubs / gangs / etc. as my bro is heavily involved in the scene. There are some real characters and great guys, that's for sure, but sadly some real asses too who have no respect for anyone or even themselves, and act that out on a daily basis. It's just sad when a good one goes, rather than one of these other types...