Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 03-06-2022, 03:43 PM   #1
old fordnut
too many fords

Default Wagon d pillar

Anyone know of you can paint the d pillar plastics? I have an el fairmont wagon and the plastics on exterior are faded and look rubbish. Theyre near impossible to buy, so was hooing its worth it to try and respray them

Daily driver 2: Nissan gq patrol

Project 1: XP ute, 351W, c4, 9inch

Project 2: XBGS sedan, sunburnt orange and vinyl, original 4spd, 302C.
old fordnut is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-06-2022, 04:55 PM   #2
mad2
Regular...with metamusal
Donating Member2

Default Re: Wagon d pillar

Quote:
Originally Posted by old fordnut View Post
Anyone know of you can paint the d pillar plastics? I have an el fairmont wagon and the plastics on exterior are faded and look rubbish. Theyre near impossible to buy, so was hooing its worth it to try and respray them

pretty sure most plastics on the EA/B/D/F/L can be painted ... just no idea how good it would turn out tho as i have done none of this personally. or wrap it .. . . . . ....
mad2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-06-2022, 05:04 PM   #3
Giant
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Organising Nulon to sponsor AFF. 

Yeah same why is is so hard to buy parts
Giant is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-06-2022, 04:15 PM   #4
El Venom
normality is boring
Donating Member1

They are fine to paint. All my wagons currently have painted d-pillar trims and the result comes down to prep. I personally do not paint the very bottom of them otherwise I would have to paint the trims all the way around to have it match

Factory v8 with turbonetics 67mm turbo, haltech ecu, aeromotive and raceworks fuel system, cobra intake and a few custom bits thrown in
El Venom is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 07-06-2022, 10:03 PM   #5
mad2
Regular...with metamusal
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giant View Post
Yeah same why is is so hard to buy parts

coz everyone wants big $$ for em?
mad2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-07-2022, 07:19 PM   #6
Giant
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Organising Nulon to sponsor AFF. 

Big money for average parts is the problem
Giant is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post: