Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Closed Thread

Old 07-07-2007, 04:22 AM   #1
kpcart
Banned

Default My ED versus other cars iv owned

Hi, Ive been reading a bit in these forums since i bought my ED, and im kind of suprprise how people here spend so much for power gains on these cars.
I bought my ford because its big, and i can get it gas converted, so its ideal for me (big car, small bowser price)

I thought id just post some figures on old cars to open peoples minds, dont get me wrong, i love my ed, its a sweet ride, but i certainly wont be wasting my money modding it to try to impress anyone. technology is quite dated in this car.

These are some cars me and my dad have owned in previously years. my newest car is the ed falcon 4.0. some engine figures:
All figures DIN, all cars stock:

84 Nissan Skyline
2.4L OHC 6 cyl. EFI 92kw, 177nm Red Line: 6000

84 Toyota Crown
2.8L OHC 6 cyl. EFI 103kw, 245nm Red Line: 5600

73 Volvo 164E
3.0L OHC 6 cyl. CFI 118kw, 260nm Red Line: 6000

73 BMW 3.0S
3.0L OHC 6 cyl. Twin-Carby 134kw, 270nm Red Line: 6400

82 Ford Fairlane
4.1L OHV 6 cyl. Carby 103kw, 315nm Red Line: 4500 (how sad compared to above 2!!)

88 Ford Falcon
3.2 OHC 6 cyl. CFI. 91kw, ??nm Red Line: ??

85 Volvo 760 Turbo
2.3 OHV 4 cyl. EFI Turbo. 127kw. 270+nm. Red Line: 6000rpm

94 Ford Falcon
4.0L OHC 6 cyl. EFI 148kw, 348nm Red Line: ? (sorry car has no tacho, strange for 94, 1973 cars had tacho....)

just compare my old bmw 3litre carby to a ea falcon 3.2litre cfi, its almost kind of sad for me as a new ford owner, the 3.2 falcon is 15 years newer but so much more gutless, and i hear people in this thread talking about moddifying a falcon cfi to create it into a 8000rpm screamer, almost makes me lough why bother? these engines arent designed as racing cars to begin with lol.

I have to note, the 94 ed only wins in Nm/Weight. but all other figures, this car doesnt have anything special, makes me scratch my head why people would invest in turbos etc, when there is other cars out there that do a better job stock, and offer so much more possibility for moddifying.

Still the ED is a nice ride, i hope it will last me for 5 years or so, i bought it because i need a big car, and i needed something cheap (im getting it gas converted next week).

Just keep your minds open guys... if you concentrate on e series fords only, your missing out on a lot of other fabulous engineering out there.

PS. The volvo engine was a little ripper! car only cost me $350, engine was mint, and the bmw engine was amazing too, the induction noise.... mmm..

Old 07-07-2007, 04:52 AM   #2
Rmyers
Does Steve have a car?

+ 1 useless thread

"When Chuck Norris jumps into water, he does not get wet, the water gets Chuck Norris..."
Old 07-07-2007, 08:51 AM   #3
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Surely spam, no one admits to owning a 3.2 CFI....
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Old 07-07-2007, 09:03 AM   #4
bentles
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyal
Surely spam, no one admits to owning a 3.2 CFI....
lol so true, most people sugar coat it "My grandmas 3.2 CFI"
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpcart
i hear people in this thread talking about moddifying a falcon cfi to create it into a 8000rpm screamer, almost makes me lough why bother? these engines arent designed as racing cars to begin with lol.
Maybe you are thinking 3.9 CFI?
But even still most people convert them to MPFI.

The day a 3.2 CFI makes it to 8000RPM is the day ill sell my e-series and buy a 1973 BMW.
Old 07-07-2007, 09:12 AM   #5
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

This thread should get interesting as the day rolls on...
07 Renault Sport Megane F1 Team R26 #1397
Old 07-07-2007, 09:42 AM   #6
private9
www.TUFFCARPARTS.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedXR347
Ohh yeah! I'm home sick, so I'll be watching this for some entertainment!
Old 07-07-2007, 10:07 AM   #7
BI6TIM
SnortPerformance.com

Quote:
makes me scratch my head why people would invest in turbos etc, when there is other cars out there that do a better job stock

Some of us drive and mod these cars because we love them. Some do it because these are the only thing they could afford. And others like yourself needed a big family car that also goes alright and does shudder like a commodore and has some torque right out of the box.

I myself love E-Series fords and will always own one, I own other cars aswell, but will always have one E-Series.

For you to say there is much more potential in moding other types of cars, I think, is actually wrong, no matter how much you think you've been there and done that. It's quite clear that you've never driven a car with a turbo big cappacity engine.

There are Turbo E-Series cars around making 600+ horsepower and doing 10sec 1/4mile times. Show me the 10sec time slip for your wonderfull BMW champ. Didn't think so.

I don't dislike other brands of cars. I have a friend with a Volvo 740 turbo, it's an excelent car, I like it. My point is you've come on here with limited information and started saying we are less than smart to be spending money on our falcons, in case you hadn't noticed, this is the worst place you could've come to talk against falcons.
Old 07-07-2007, 12:40 PM   #8
LTDHO
The one and only

Thanks for the comparison
Not much of a discussion though.
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
Old 07-07-2007, 12:45 PM   #9
LUXO_8
windsor user

i want that 3.2 short block.........gimme!
Old 07-07-2007, 12:51 PM   #10
Conradk86
Reformed Lead Foot

lol yeah man 3.2L rev to 8000 with mods sick!!!

i dont think anyone has EVER modified a 3.2L.. infact the only place you will find one now days would be on the bottom of the ocean attatched to a chain....sitting next to a v6 commodore motor lol i had to say it.
1994 EF Fairmont Maroon Stock Standard with AU Motor.
Old 07-07-2007, 12:59 PM   #11
FRDXR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
just compare my old bmw 3litre carby to a ea falcon 3.2litre cfi, its almost kind of sad for me as a new ford owner, the 3.2 falcon is 15 years newer but so much more gutless, and i hear people in this thread talking about moddifying a falcon cfi to create it into a 8000rpm screamer, almost makes me lough why bother? these engines arent designed as racing cars to begin with lol.
lol i still dont get what your arguement is getting at?

SO your saying a 84 Toyota Crown or 73 Volvo 164E has better modifying potential?

I'd like to see how many other cars have bolt on turbo kits for 2-5k to make a lazy 200rwkw on 6psi....

Quote:
I have to note, the 94 ed only wins in Nm/Weight. but all other figures, this car doesnt have anything special, makes me scratch my head why people would invest in turbos etc, when there is other cars out there that do a better job stock, and offer so much more possibility for moddifying.
But i do agree i with this comment. I just can't understand why anyone would buy a 2007 Holden Commodore or a Ford Territory and then spend money modding it when they could simply buy a Ferrari F50 which is 12 years older and does a better job stock. I mean common are people just stupid these days! You make a great point, keep up the good work!

A+++ fordforumer! Will read Again!
Old 07-07-2007, 02:16 PM   #12
LTDHO
The one and only

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedXR347
It didn't.

So it's closed.
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
Closed Thread