Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 07-08-2010, 10:27 PM   #151
NZ XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by allanv6gt
2.0 EcoBoost Petrol Euro Stage V (203 PS) 1999 cc 4 cylinders in line; DOHC; 16 valves; twin independent valve cam timing; second generation direct injection; alloy cylinder head and block; turbo charger with intercooler and transient torque overboost function 149 kW (203 PS) at 6000 min-1 (rpm) 300 Nm at 1750-4500 min-1 (rpm)
...........less than out-going XR5....he he he
Look at the rev range though for the peak torque. And the peak power doesn't come until 6000 rpm, so it must still be making a decent amount above 4500 revs. Also remember that this is the standard 2.0 Ecoboost - there's a more powerful version with 177 kW. But I doubt that Ford will put it in the Mondeo, as it's going in next year's Falcon.
Old 08-08-2010, 10:10 AM   #152
allanv6gt
Tippy-tronic Free Zone

APSTAR - I realied that. My point (re new engines) was about the petrol versions becoming available, and EcoBoost being less than outgoing XR5.
But still no ordinary manual gearbox for us diinosaurs, as far as I can see.

-----
Allan
Snoozin' in my Moondust Silver XR5
allanv6gt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-08-2010, 03:58 PM   #153
apstar
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

No worries Allan

apstar
apstar is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-08-2010, 09:04 PM   #154
stuart

Well here's the start of the updates - a Fiesta with auto and the 1.6 litre diesel engine
http://www.themotorreport.com.au/506...d-diesel-range

Just hope the new 2.2 TDCi Mondeo is not far behind since my current lease expires May 2011. Looks like I might have to buy out the residual and trade it in when the next model is released.
MA TDCi Mondeo sedan
AU Fairmont sedan
EL Futura sedan
EF Futura wagon
XD 4 Ltr sedan
stuart is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-08-2010, 10:20 AM   #155
Dusty1
Giddy up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuart
Well here's the start of the updates - a Fiesta with auto and the 1.6 litre diesel engine
http://www.themotorreport.com.au/506...d-diesel-range

Just hope the new 2.2 TDCi Mondeo is not far behind since my current lease expires May 2011. Looks like I might have to buy out the residual and trade it in when the next model is released.
Mine lease is up in January (the 4th actually). I spoke to my lease company and they are happy to let me keep the car and keep paying the current fee until I want to get rid of it.

When the times comes, I'll trade the Mondeo in on a new car and re-lease. I don't novate, just do it through a salary sacrifice. They don't care how I lease it as long as they get the money.
Previous:
Oct 07 built Mondeo TDCi hatch, Stardust Silver, bluetooth, leather, tow pack, sunroof.
Dusty1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-08-2010, 12:59 PM   #156
apstar
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

As the lady keep telling us from Ford Do Not Assume Anything its bad for your health

apstar
Old 10-08-2010, 08:04 PM   #157
stuart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty1
Mine lease is up in January (the 4th actually). I spoke to my lease company and they are happy to let me keep the car and keep paying the current fee until I want to get rid of it.

When the times comes, I'll trade the Mondeo in on a new car and re-lease. I don't novate, just do it through a salary sacrifice. They don't care how I lease it as long as they get the money.
Well that is also an option for me but a residual of only 17.5k for a 3 year old, 60,000 klicks looks like a bargain. Then again who knows what happens to the market value when the next model hits.
MA TDCi Mondeo sedan
AU Fairmont sedan
EL Futura sedan
EF Futura wagon
XD 4 Ltr sedan
Old 10-08-2010, 08:34 PM   #158
apstar
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Then again who knows what happens to the market value when the next model hits.
You don't have to wait till then had my car in to take off a strip security nut and to pass time away I walked through the second hand yard and was surprised at the prices I had a idea market value will take a hit but not that much!

apstar
Old 11-08-2010, 08:14 AM   #159
Dusty1
Giddy up!

Quote:
Well that is also an option for me but a residual of only 17.5k for a 3 year old, 60,000 klicks looks like a bargain. Then again who knows what happens to the market value when the next model hits.
Come Jan I reckon I'll have over 50K on the car and the residue is $19K. My brother is talking about buying it, so the longer I hold onto it the cheaper it gets for him, and he's in no hurry.

$17.5K for a three year old diesel is a bargain.
Previous:
Oct 07 built Mondeo TDCi hatch, Stardust Silver, bluetooth, leather, tow pack, sunroof.
Old 11-08-2010, 09:39 PM   #160
apstar
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty1

$17.5K for a three year old diesel is a bargain.
Doesn't that depends on what mileage it has on the odometer ?

apstar
Old 12-08-2010, 09:53 AM   #161
Dusty1
Giddy up!

Stuart says it's $17.5 with 60K on the clock. My contract has the end payment as $19000 for a return date of 4 January, any longer I hold onto it, the less it becomes. They will simply put me on a month to month or I sign a lease for 3 more months.
Previous:
Old 27-08-2010, 10:31 PM   #162
apstar
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Finally my dream may come true

http://www.themotorreport.com.au/505...ondeo-revealed

apstar
Old 28-08-2010, 12:29 PM   #163
stuart

Yes good news indeed if it is true. I hold my enthusiasm until Ford actually announce it WITH the 2.2l diesel engine.
See this site also for some good pics and a video as well touring in Germany:
http://www.icars.sg/2010/15152/2011-...-full-details/
MA TDCi Mondeo sedan
AU Fairmont sedan
EL Futura sedan
EF Futura wagon
XD 4 Ltr sedan
Old 28-08-2010, 01:07 PM   #164
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

http://www.autoblog.com/2010/08/27/2...ts-spiffed-up/

Quote:
2011 Ford Mondeo gets spiffed up

by Jonathon Ramsey (RSS feed) on Aug 27th 2010 at 2:58PM

When a car comes with a 48-page press release, well, you know its maker has some special things in mind for it. The 2011 Ford Mondeo, in five-door and wagon styles, is just such a car, with The Blue Oval calling it "the most stylish and technologically advanced Mondeo ever." Visually, the car's main lines haven't changed, but the details have been made sharper: a sleeker front bumper with new LEDs and more aggressive lip, the twin character lines down the side, the chrome trim all around the windows and the new chiseling in the rear valance.

Inside is the familiar story of upgraded materials wrapped around new techno bits. Ambient LED illumination falls from overhead, where also resides a new woven headliner. Driver aids include Lane Departure Warning system, Auto High Beam, Driver Alert, Smart Regenerative Charging and Active Grille Shutter, which opens and closes the grille aperture automatically to promote either cooling or increased aerodynamic efficiency.

Under the hood are new engines, including the Mondeo's first crack at Ford's 237-horsepower, 2.0-liter, four-cylinder EcoBoost. That will be an option alongside the current, 203-hp version. There's also a reworked 2.2-liter Duratorq TDCi diesel putting out 197 hp, the most powerful such engine yet.

It goes on sale as soon as next month at the same starting price as the current Mondeo, £17,295 ($26,842 U.S.), although the Titanium trim gets bumped up £200 to £19,945 ($30,958 U.S.). Follow the jump for an abridged version of the presser, and take your time perusing our huge gallery of high-res photos below.

More Pics
Old 28-08-2010, 07:37 PM   #165
NZ XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Sounds nice but we all know we're not going to see all of these goodies, especially the 2.2 diesel and the 237 hp Ecoboost. But feel free to prove me wrong, Ford NZ.