Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 18-10-2010, 07:38 PM   #61
Dusty1
Giddy up!

Does anyone know what features are on the new headunit?

It does look pretty flash, and I'd be keen to know what controls. I know the FG premium head unit lets you control a lot of features and also autolock, so maybe the upgraded one does.

I've also seen on some of the photos , where the blank is on the driver's side - above the door opener, where the window switch would be, there is now a switch to lock the doors (http://www.ford.co.uk/cs/BlobServer?...477&blobkey=id).

Any thoughts if this is now standard? I do miss a button to lock the doors like in my old BA.
Previous:
Oct 07 built Mondeo TDCi hatch, Stardust Silver, bluetooth, leather, tow pack, sunroof.
Dusty1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-10-2010, 11:58 AM   #62
bovva66

I have the central lock button in my MA zetec above pull handle. How is this different?
Old 19-10-2010, 06:51 PM   #63
Dusty1
Giddy up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bovva66
I have the central lock button in my MA zetec above pull handle. How is this different?
Thisi is on the blank where the window button would go if it was left hand drive.
Previous:
Oct 07 built Mondeo TDCi hatch, Stardust Silver, bluetooth, leather, tow pack, sunroof.
Old 21-10-2010, 06:53 PM   #64
Mickmelb

Thats not the Australian spec head unit. My niece is working on the Ford stand at the motor show and just sent me some pics. Same head unit as before although they did tell her it has 9 speakers (up from 8) and a more powerful amp. From her bad pics looks like alcantra/leather seats as well.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Mondeo.jpg (146.5 KB, 63 views)
Mickmelb is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-10-2010, 07:57 PM   #65
apstar
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I come to the conclusion that Ford Australia lost the plot with the Mondeo.Was at the Motor Show today and they had a Mondeo Wagon right next to the display of a Powershift gearbox with cutouts to show the internals,lord behold this so called Ford EXPERT was telling everyone that the wagon had this gearbox and I stepped in and said it hasn't,he said in front of everyone how do you know because I said its not written on the gear knob and if YOU read your own specs pasted on the side window its said ZF 6 speed automatic well,well, silence is golden he came over,read the specs red faced called over someone else who verified that this model [ ala Melbourne Show 2.2.l wagon ] was imported from europe just for the show and indeed has a NEW ZF 6 speed auto and said THAT INFO WAS NOT MEANT FOR PUBLIC INFORMATION he walked away shaking his head you see he was the green team,the design team

apstar
apstar is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-10-2010, 08:53 PM   #66
Dusty1
Giddy up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickmelb
Thats not the Australian spec head unit. My niece is working on the Ford stand at the motor show and just sent me some pics. Same head unit as before although they did tell her it has 9 speakers (up from 8) and a more powerful amp. From her bad pics looks like alcantra/leather seats as well.
That's interesting Mickmelb. The Motor Report quotes Ford Aus and says:
Mondeo Titanium
* Updated high-series HMI (Human Machine Interface; dash-mounted head unit)
Here: http://www.themotorreport.com.au/505...ondeo-revealed.

On the Euro forum, a guy showed his MC that had that head unit and it was in the Zetec and not the Titanium.

Why would Ford say there is an updated head unit, if it's still the same as in the MA/MB? Apstar is right, they have lost the plot.

I know we won't get factory navigation, but this is the Euro Titanium interior, and we get some of this.

It's stupid. Might have to go and have another look at a Skoda. If my dealer gets back to me about availability I'll hit him up for more information.
Previous:
Old 21-10-2010, 09:08 PM   #67
Mickmelb

Im in the same position as you Dusty. My lease on the Fairmont Ghia is up in Jan and im looking at getting a Titanium and specifically asked her to find out about the head unit because its so ugly. If your anywhere near Knox Ford they seem to know a bit about the new model. Coffey Ford wasn't even aware theres an update on the way when I tried to ask them about it 2 weeks ago. Like apstar said most of their salesmen have no idea, if my guys ever treated customers like that I would be suggesting a career change might be in order.
Old 21-10-2010, 09:48 PM   #68
Dusty1
Giddy up!

Knox was where I got my current car from.

I was told today that there are none on the next boat after being told on Friday that they had one allocated to them. I would like the most up to date vehicle as possible and I won't be putting any money down until I get some assurances.

January leases make life interesting. Andrew (Phoonfan on here) from etheridge is pretty decent too. He's a site sponsor so get onto him for some more info

I'm in the west and the dealers out here are worse than you've seen. Makes ypu wond how they stay employed That's why I go out east. Knox looked after me too pretty well and I am a loyal guy. Much to my detriment.

If you want to pm me do so. I'm happy to share my experiences. Welcome to the forum too!
Previous:
Old 21-10-2010, 10:57 PM   #69
stuart

Well Knox is where I got my MA TDCi from as well. In 2008 they didn't what was coming on the next ship either. But I must admit they did me a good deal after admitting the same and took a car destined for an employee in Broadmeadows and pushed it my way. It had a sun roof I didn't order so a compromise on the extra price was done.

It seems all is quiet officially on the new Mondeo. Even the launch date in Europe (Germany) has been pushed out to December whereas it was November. Maybe there are some teething troubles with the new model/engine.

I haven't seen any published figures for the 2.2L TDCi engine yet and their German download brochure reads details "nv = nicht verfuegbar" ie not available whereas for all other TDCi engine variants the data is published. link http://www.ford.de/cs/BlobServer?blo...159&blobkey=id

Sorry if you can't read German but you get the jist.

The mystery continues . . . . .
MA TDCi Mondeo sedan
AU Fairmont sedan
EL Futura sedan
EF Futura wagon
XD 4 Ltr sedan
stuart is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-10-2010, 11:01 PM   #70
apstar
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty1
Might have to go and have another look at a Skoda. If my dealer gets back to me about availability I'll hit him up for more information.
Dusty I spent some time today at the show with the Skoda and its starting to grow on me pure VW but space wise its H U G E I'm down to now
1. Citreon C5 with the new 2.2l 150Kw 450Nm diesel engine
2. Skoda Superb sedan with diesel engine

Big News..............

I spoke to a very nice Ford person today and don't want to mention their name for obversely reasons I mention my displeasure of not getting the 2.2l diesel on the Mondeo and told him I'm leaning towards the Citroen C5 with the 2.2l diesel engine early next year before I could get another word out the person said "Thats our engine" we produce it for Citreon/Peugeot/Mondeo as a joint partnership then they can tinker with the specs to suit their needs he went on to tell me he and many at Ford Australia [ Design Team ] argued with the top brass about the 2.2l!!! the F word came out Falcon............. he totally agree with me and said "We are shooting ourselves in the foot over this car"

apstar
Old 21-10-2010, 11:05 PM   #71
stuart

Quote:
Originally Posted by apstar
Big News..............

I spoke to a very nice Ford person today and don't want to mention their name for obversely reasons I mention my displeasure of not getting the 2.2l diesel on the Mondeo and told him I'm leaning towards the Citroen C5 with the 2.2l diesel engine early next year before I could get another word out he said "Thats our engine" we produce it for Citreon/Peugeot/Mondeo as a joint partnership then they can tinker with the specs to suit their needs he went on to tell me he and many at Ford Australia [ Design Team ] argued with the top brass about the 2.2l!!! the F word came out Falcon............. he totally agree with me and said "We are shooting ourselves in the foot over this car"

apstar
Good work Apstar - need to keep pressing for answers
MA TDCi Mondeo sedan
AU Fairmont sedan
EL Futura sedan
EF Futura wagon
XD 4 Ltr sedan
stuart is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-10-2010, 08:14 AM   #72
Dusty1
Giddy up!

I might ring a dealer out here to see if I an get some more info on likely delivery dates.

I agree with you about the Skoda, it is huge and has a lot of features for basically the same price as the Mondeo Titanium wagon. The park assist (where it reverse parks the car for you) would be very handy for my partner.

We are keen on a wagon, and I am a little iffy about Citroen based on French building, but I'll have a look and see what they are like. The Skoda Superb is what I'd be looking at too, although not in the sedan (but I could be moved). The only issue I think will be supply.

By my reckoning, there are at least 3 (me, Apstar and Mickmelb) who are looking for a new car, so we should be able to put our collective heads together and figure out what's going on.

Let's keep posting any info we get.
Previous:
Old 22-10-2010, 11:41 AM   #73
apstar
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Dusty1

Not sure you have seen these:
http://www.caradvice.com.au/73712/sk...iew-road-test/
http://www.caradvice.com.au/68324/sk...-wagon-review/

apstar
Old 22-10-2010, 12:35 PM   #74
Dusty1
Giddy up!

I've read those reviews, and I've seen one in person. The Skoda is an impressive car - lots of room and good level of equipment as standard.

I'm a little concerned that they might not be here in 10 years, as they aren't selling many cars, and the parts might be pricey.

Plus the people in the dealership look at the Skoda were a little older than me (just turned 40). So I think we with one young child and working on a second ;-) might not be the demographic they are aiming at. We certainly weren't rushed by the sales people. While the older people were, but that's nothing different.

As for the Citroen, it's price for me. This looks OK: http://www.carsales.com.au/all-cars/bncis/details.aspx?R=9182520&__Qpb=true&Cr=0&__Ns=pCar_Y earMade_Int32|1||pCar_RankSort_Int32|1||pCar_Price Sort_Decimal|0&keywords=&__N=1216%201246%201247%20 1252%201282%204294966818%204294966656%201562&Searc hAction=N&silo=1011&seot=1&tsrc=allcarhome&__Nne=1 5&trecs=24&__sid=1265B15AB1D9, but that cream leather with a young child - maybe not.

Again, it comes down to supply, I am interested in the Mondeo and it's probably still my first choice, but that's not to say others aren't on the list. I would prefer a diesel wagon and an auto.

I've looked at the Dodge Journey, nice, but do I really need 7 seats and American reliability?
Cx7, Nice too, but bit 'Mumsy' for me, and I drive it most of the time.
Territory, nice too, but there's a new diesel coming out so I could wait.
Calias V Sportswagon, new update, pricey ($60k for a tarted up Commodore FFS! !!), and I'd only get the V8, as I've never had one.
There's a V6 Grand Cherokee coming out in January, so I might check that out, but again - American built...

When I get some time, I'll trawl the dealers. Open to suggestions, so bring them on with links.
Previous:
Old 22-10-2010, 04:51 PM   #75
Mickmelb

My situation is a little different I work for a very large company that get a good deal from Ford ($5k a year cheaper for my Fairmont Ghia compaired to a Calias) so I already know how much a Mondeo will cost for the next 3 years and the only time I need to talk to the dealer is when he drops the new car out to me. Having said that though I still want to know what the new model will be like I don't really want a G6E but you never know.
Old 23-10-2010, 12:15 AM   #76
NZ XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

To some extent, the choice depends on your priorities. I nearly bought a V8 Sportwagon 2 years ago when Holden were almost giving them away, but the load area is a bit small. Yes, the Superb is huge but not that much bigger than a Mondeo. What is the engine choice for the Superb in Oz?

For me, the Mondeo would probably still be my first choice if I was due to change my car but I would not buy another 2.3 petrol, which of course is where it becomes difficult. Ford NZ are not saying anything about the facelift yet.
Old 23-10-2010, 08:17 AM   #77
The Stylist
Automotive Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NZ XR6
For me, the Mondeo would probably still be my first choice if I was due to change my car but I would not buy another 2.3 petrol, which of course is where it becomes difficult. Ford NZ are not saying anything about the facelift yet.
I agree, I've found the 2.3L is very inadequate with the amount of weight it has to drag around, and the auto box doesn't help things around town either - the whole thing feels jerky/flat-spot like in its power delivery.

The best thing Ford NZ could do is not follow Ford Australia's lead and ditch the 2.3L for the new 2.0L Ecoboost engine, which gets much better fuel economy and power output.

If Ford NZ is reading this, then give us some high-spec wagons (Titanium) instead of the fleet targeted model line they have at the moment.
The Stylist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-10-2010, 09:25 AM   #78
NZ XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stylist
I agree, I've found the 2.3L is very inadequate with the amount of weight it has to drag around, and the auto box doesn't help things around town either - the whole thing feels jerky/flat-spot like in its power delivery.
I run mine on 98 (preferably Gull), which definitely helps the performance, in particular overtaking. And I accelerate briskly when I can around town so that the auto changes cleanly.

I really hope we get the Ecoboost in NZ, but I'm a little worried about the price of a Titanium spec wagon with this drivetrain!
Old 23-10-2010, 11:23 AM   #79
apstar
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Cost is no longer an excuse with the way the Australian Dollar is Ford can NOW bring in the engines/transmission we all desire oh sorry Miss Mc. you only think we deserve what you want us to have

apstar
Old 23-10-2010, 04:49 PM   #80
apstar
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

For those that are interested how the lane departure works on the Mondeo. There is a camera mounted on top of the front windscreen next to the wiper sensor it looks at the two centre lines either side of the car if you drift across towards either side it will sound an alarm if the system detects steering input it will not alarm

apstar
Old 23-10-2010, 06:29 PM   #81
Dusty1
Giddy up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by apstar
For those that are interested how the lane departure works on the Mondeo. There is a camera mounted on top of the front windscreen next to the wiper sensor it looks at the two centre lines either side of the car if you drift across towards either side it will sound an alarm if the system detects steering input it will not alarm

apstar
I read a review which said it was annoying and that it was turned off, I think it was a Volvo. Driving a Volvo would annoy me too.
Previous:
Old 24-10-2010, 08:47 AM   #82
yelpir

[QUOTE=NZ XR6]I run mine on 98 (preferably Gull), which definitely helps the performance, in particular overtaking. And I accelerate briskly when I can around town so that the auto changes cleanly.

With you on this, I use 91 but like you I accelerate briskly and the auto changes nicely and no huge effect on petrol consumption compared to when I used to nurse it. Then, the car sometimes felt slow and sluggish.
yelpir is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-10-2010, 07:57 PM   #83
allanv6gt
Tippy-tronic Free Zone

Lane Change Tech : looks at the two centre lines either side of the car

Nice, but not every road in Australia has two nice white lines. just drive on any back country road, where fatigue =is often a factor in crashes via simple drifting off to dead-in-a-ditch-land......boring boring drives in a big country (anyone driven across the Hay plains recently.?. You can almost see the curvature of the Earth !!.)

I might live in a big city, but I drive elsewhere too.
allanv6gt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-10-2010, 05:52 AM   #84
NZ XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by yelpir
With you on this, I use 91 but like you I accelerate briskly and the auto changes nicely and no huge effect on petrol consumption compared to when I used to nurse it. Then, the car sometimes felt slow and sluggish.
Despite what Ford AU and NZ would have us believe, the minimum octane rating for the 2.3 engine is 95. My car has a sticker inside the filler flap that says this, and I was also told by my dealer to run it on 95.

Petrol in NZ is made to just meet the minimum octane etc. standards, so 91 really is 91 and my car ran like a dog on the full tank supplied by the dealer.

Gull sell an E10 98 octane petrol in NZ. It's only a few cents more than 95, and my car goes really well on it.
Old 25-10-2010, 09:43 AM   #85
apstar
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by allanv6gt
Lane Change Tech : looks at the two centre lines either side of the car

Nice, but not every road in Australia has two nice white lines. just drive on any back country road, where fatigue =is often a factor in crashes via simple drifting off to dead-in-a-ditch-land......boring boring drives in a big country (anyone driven across the Hay plains recently.?. You can almost see the curvature of the Earth !!.)

I might live in a big city, but I drive elsewhere too.
Don't shoot the messenger the car is European and they may have white lines on all their roads like there is no law stating cars in Australia to have DRL yet we have them because it will soon be a European requirement I prefer to have such a feature especially driving along freeways/expressways where I do most of my driving i assume it can be switched off like the stability control and I assume it will work where roads have a centre line and a white line near the edge of the road

apstar
Old 26-10-2010, 06:49 PM   #86
fordmondeoman

in regards to the lane change system on cars it can be turned off and on, also it doesnt need to see 2 white lines, and it can even see dotted lines, and some times pick up a curb as well the system works really really well, now i am going off bmw's system which im sure it would be 90% if not 100% the same as what ford would use. yes allanv6gt it wont pick up that your going off a old road that has no lines but hey its better than nothing
Old 28-10-2010, 07:17 PM   #87
allanv6gt
Tippy-tronic Free Zone

sometimes more technology is not a good thing......currently doing battle with ACC on a daily basis (slows too early - big gap - even on tailgate mode). I don't need the car to think for me that much.

I'm still suspicious that the ABS is not working properly (see new thread) despite the self check saying all-ok.
allanv6gt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-10-2010, 10:32 PM   #88
mondo_broady
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

my forward alert has failed. looks as though it was becaus ei had the car on a dyno and it didn't like the front wheels spinning whilst the rears were stationary...

New ride: 2010 LV Focus XR5 - Moondust Silver - More mods than you can poke a stick at
mondo_broady is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-10-2010, 08:57 PM   #89
Dusty1
Giddy up!

I signed up with Ford to be notified when the new model was released. When the MA came in I skived off work and took one for a drive around Albert Park Lake. I figured this was going to happen again but haven't heard boo.
Has anyone heard anything about the date of release or how many are left on the boat? My dealer said 'i'll call you' so that means I'll hear nothing.
Previous:
Old 01-11-2010, 11:20 PM   #90
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Dusty 1, I agree with you, when is the MC Mondeo being released ?? It was November now I have heard February 2011 !! Any FF members who work for a dealer enlighten us ?please