Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 24-01-2012, 08:22 PM   #31
Ros5co
Zetec MC Hatch TDCi

Default Re: Possibly joining the Mondeo ranks

Hey Riksta, was wondering how you went with the new purchase. Figured you were too busy out driving her around to post back here.
Ros5co is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-01-2012, 09:16 PM   #32
Riksta
Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Haha, bit of that and a bit of work.

Absolutely love the car, would recommend a Mondeo to anyone.
Originally Posted by Nikked
Riksta likes VN's so much, he has the ashes of a VN in a jar on the mantle piece, a vile of VN engine oil hanging from his neck and a BT1 build plate locked up in a safe, buried under 6ft of concrete.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Day-mow
pretty much what has happened here is i trolled you. and it was fun.
Riksta is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-01-2012, 09:59 PM   #33
Ros5co
Zetec MC Hatch TDCi

Quote:
Absolutely love the car, would recommend a Mondeo to anyone
Me too!!

Good to hear your'e enjoying it.
Old 28-01-2012, 10:02 AM   #34
rxj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ros5co
Me too!!

Good to hear your'e enjoying it.
I purchased a MC Mondeo Titanium in Frozen White 2 weeks ago. I recommend this car to anyone its a great car to drive.

Cheers,

rxj
rxj is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-01-2012, 09:37 AM   #35
Ros5co
Zetec MC Hatch TDCi

G'day RXJ,

Agree totally, these are great cars to drive.

Had mine for about three months now & it's still a thrill every time I get in it (makes heading to work a little easier lol).

I've really pampered it like no other car Iv'e had previously. Following some of the great advice in the Car Care forum I now own quite an arsenal of car cleaning/waxing products I never knew existed. Boy she has come up looking the treat with a coating of Colanite wax. Helps keep it clean in this wet weather we're having at the moment too.
Old 29-01-2012, 01:28 PM   #36
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I've almost owned my Mondeo XR5 for 3 years now. Only ticked over to 33,000 recently, still an enjoyable car to own and drive.
Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-01-2012, 12:06 AM   #37
Riksta
Captain Malcolm Reynolds

I would have loved a Titanium but couldn't afford the extra dollars. As it was, I was only able to afford what I got because it was ex demo, and was also at the time the cheapest demo Zetec in Australia (at least on Carsales!).

I clicked over 10,000 kms in it tonight.

Every time I drive it I just love it. Its just a comfortable car all round, with all the features I need such as iPod control.

Sometimes, just sometimes, I do find it hard to believe I'm actually driving a Ford. Quality & features just seem too much for a car that's not wearing a BMW, Mercedes, Lexus, Jag badge! Even my mate who drives a 2006 Lexus IS250 was blown away by some of the features I've got!

Here's a quick one for you all - does every Mondeo have a cigarette lighter & ashtray under the pop-up panel which sits just under the climate control unit? I thought most cars got rid of ashtrays & lighters and only optioned them in if a customer wanted them? Mine's got them, even though I'm a smoker though they'll never get used, I'm not going to ruin the interior of my car with smoke.

Oh, and Wednesday next week, the 20% tint goes on, can't wait!
Riksta likes VN's so much, he has the ashes of a VN in a jar on the mantle piece, a vile of VN engine oil hanging from his neck and a BT1 build plate locked up in a safe, buried under 6ft of concrete.
Quote:
Old 31-01-2012, 12:33 AM   #38
Ros5co
Zetec MC Hatch TDCi

Hey Rik,

Watched my speedo click over 10,000 klms on the way home from work this evening too & like your's my vehicle was also a demo - had 5,000 k's on the clock when I got it last October.

As for the lighter & ashtray area, mine has the lighter (which I plug my phonw/GPS into but it doesn't have an ashtray I don't think. Will check it in the morning & confirm.
Old 31-01-2012, 06:47 AM   #39
Mackspower

Hey there Riksta - yes, my MC Titanium has the cig. lighter and ashtray. The ashtray has a removeable insert that you can empty, etc. I use it to keep my work security pass in (no fumbles at the security boom gate trying to find it!).
Mackspower is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-01-2012, 09:48 AM   #40
Ros5co
Zetec MC Hatch TDCi

Yes it does have an ashtray. Pretty subtle one that doesn't really look like any of the previous ones Iv'e seen.
Old 01-02-2012, 02:48 AM   #41
NZ XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

My NZ wagon has a lighter socket only - no ashtray. And there is another socket on the side of the load area. Thank you Ford.
Old 05-02-2012, 05:14 PM   #42
allanv6gt
Tippy-tronic Free Zone

After two weeks touring NZ North island, Mondeo wagons are extremely popular, esp. around Auckland.
Mk3 (not seen in Oz) and Mk4 (MA-MC) can be seen frequently.
They even easlily outnumber the Falcon XR6/8 range (only NZ range imports it seems).
I now know where all the wagons have gone......over the pond to NZ.
allanv6gt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2012, 02:38 PM   #43
Fast Eddie
Motorsport Guru

I was over there last April and had a good look over a MK3 and imho they're not bad at all.

Exterior Enhancements: ST170 Wheels, Richbrook Shorty Aerial, Euro-Spec Hatch Handle.

Performance Enhancements: Ate Callipers/EBC Rotors/EBC Greens Stuff Pads, ST170 Suspension, Herrod's Custom Tune, Ford Racing Coated Exhaust Manifold & Bespoke 2.25in Exhaust.

Awards: AFD '07 EFOC Best Focus, SFS '09 EFOC Best Focus, SFS '10 RSOC O/all Best Focus, AFD '10 CFC O/all Best Focus.
Fast Eddie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2012, 09:02 PM   #44
Mackspower

Forgot to add the Titanium hatch has a DC socket for rear passengers too . . . perfect for the portbale DVD player/iPod for young son when covering the miles.
Mackspower is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2012, 09:16 PM   #45
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riksta
Here's a quick one for you all - does every Mondeo have a cigarette lighter & ashtray under the pop-up panel which sits just under the climate control unit? I thought most cars got rid of ashtrays & lighters and only optioned them in if a customer wanted them? Mine's got them, even though I'm a smoker though they'll never get used, I'm not going to ruin the interior of my car with smoke.
I have the lighter as well. I think being european, it may be the norm to include lighters. In Australia we remove the lughters and call it a power source instead.
Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2012, 11:45 PM   #46
knicho
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by rxj
I purchased a MC Mondeo Titanium in Frozen White 2 weeks ago. I recommend this car to anyone its a great car to drive.

Cheers,

rxj
Hi RXJ, I also bought the Frozen White 2 weeks ago - Fantastic choice!
knicho is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-02-2012, 02:53 AM   #47
NZ XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by allanv6gt
After two weeks touring NZ North island, Mondeo wagons are extremely popular, esp. around Auckland.
Mk3 (not seen in Oz) and Mk4 (MA-MC) can be seen frequently.
They even easlily outnumber the Falcon XR6/8 range (only NZ range imports it seems).
I now know where all the wagons have gone......over the pond to NZ.
They're very popular as company vehicles as the wagon choice is pretty limited now, plus the diesel is very cheap to run. Ford seem to have sold a lot of MCs in the last year.
Old 12-02-2012, 03:45 PM   #48
rxj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ros5co
G'day RXJ,

Agree totally, these are great cars to drive.

Had mine for about three months now & it's still a thrill every time I get in it (makes heading to work a little easier lol).

I've really pampered it like no other car Iv'e had previously. Following some of the great advice in the Car Care forum I now own quite an arsenal of car cleaning/waxing products I never knew existed. Boy she has come up looking the treat with a coating of Colanite wax. Helps keep it clean in this wet weather we're having at the moment too.
Hi Ros5co

When it comes to cleaning my car I'm a bit of car care nut as well. I buy all my products from waxit.com.au and frequently look at detailparadise.com.au and autopia.org for detailing tips.

Cheers,

rxj.
rxj is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-02-2012, 04:09 PM   #49
Ros5co
Zetec MC Hatch TDCi

G'day rxj,

waxit.com.au was where I got my wax from. Good site.

Will have to check out the other two sites.

Cheers,

Ross
Old 13-02-2012, 03:41 AM   #50
Riksta
Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackspower
Forgot to add the Titanium hatch has a DC socket for rear passengers too . . . perfect for the portbale DVD player/iPod for young son when covering the miles.
I have one of them in the Zetec, its great I plug the phone charger into it then run the cable into the top section of my centre console to charge the phone in there - and it saves unsightly cables running out of the front socket as it pretty well hides the whole thing.
Quote:
Old 13-02-2012, 08:19 PM   #51
shadow69
Starter Motor

just bought ex demo mondeo mc lx wagon in dark micastone. drove it from dealer to home (400km) and computer showing 6.9lt/100k and only used 1/4 tank and still 700km to empty. love the car as handles very well in the twisties and had a stack of grunt. have already ordered a racechip.de tuning box as do a heap of towing a trailer with boys kart in it. so much better than our 06 territory.
shadow69 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-02-2012, 09:22 PM   #52
NZ XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Please let us know how you get on with the tuning box.
Old 15-02-2012, 08:13 PM   #53
4.0i OHC
Computer Torque Control

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow69
just bought ex demo mondeo mc lx wagon in dark micastone. drove it from dealer to home (400km) and computer showing 6.9lt/100k and only used 1/4 tank and still 700km to empty. love the car as handles very well in the twisties and had a stack of grunt. have already ordered a racechip.de tuning box as do a heap of towing a trailer with boys kart in it. so much better than our 06 territory.
Glad to hear you're happy with it. The Mondeo is one sleeper of a car.
4.0i OHC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-02-2012, 02:19 AM   #54
Riksta
Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Here's a pic of mine how she currently sits, no mods yet apart from tint.

Quote:
Old 26-02-2012, 04:12 PM   #55
JimStone

Looking good Riksta
JimStone is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-03-2012, 06:03 PM   #56
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

Nice indeed.
I have been looking around at this size range ... and the Mondeo seems to tick all of the boxes .... and the new EcoBoost looks pretty good now too.

I'd love to get a Titanium ... but really the Zetec is probably going to be the upper end of my price range as well. It has most of the Titanium features anyway (although I'd love to get the Bi-xenons though)
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-03-2012, 07:36 PM   #57
JimStone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechan1k
Nice indeed.
I have been looking around at this size range ... and the Mondeo seems to tick all of the boxes .... and the new EcoBoost looks pretty good now too.

I'd love to get a Titanium ... but really the Zetec is probably going to be the upper end of my price range as well. It has most of the Titanium features anyway (although I'd love to get the Bi-xenons though)
Hard to beat the Mondeo Zetec in this size range. At 6'4" and 125kg I have difficulty getting in and out of the current model FG Falcon and I really, really hate the feel and dynamics of the VE Commodore - aaaand to be honest with myself I really don't do long distance driving anymore these days and the most I tow is a 6x4 box trailer so I really don't really need a "big" engine RWD car.

I had to broaden the search, and as I am still the right side of 60 that ruled out the current crop of Toyotas, Hondas and Nissans. I drove the rather uninspiring VW, Peugeot, Subaru, Mazda, Suzuki and Hyundai mid size range, but could not quite force myself to drive the Kias or Skodas. No joy there, and as I am not particularly a fan of Diesels that only left Focus 2.0 GDi Sport Powershift or Mondeo Zetec 2.03ps Ecoboost Powershift GTDi.

The Focus drove extreamely well, but was a little 'jiggly' on the road and was just a touch cosy for my frame.

The Mondeo Zetec had comprable room to the Falcon, the Ecoboost/Powershift combo blended well with the chassis dynamics, though the dash seemed a little spartan until you look a little deeper - it's all there at your fingertips. I had found a winner.

I did the deal at $33k on the road for a new 2011 plated Mondeo Zetec Ecoboost Hatchback in Dark Mica Stone, took delivery 10am Wednesday 25th January 2012. Yay, a new Belgian steed just in time for Australia Day....
Old 05-03-2012, 03:12 AM   #58
NZ XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

You've made a great choice, I wish I'd waited a few months for the Ecoboost.

But you probably should have taken the Skoda Superb for a test drive.
Old 05-03-2012, 02:14 PM   #59
JimStone

Quote:
Originally Posted by NZ XR6
You've made a great choice, I wish I'd waited a few months for the Ecoboost.

But you probably should have taken the Skoda Superb for a test drive.
Didn't like the styling or ergonomics of the Superb in the showroom and the petrol options are limited to 1.8 118Kw/250Nm in anything south of 50k - on paper seemed a little underdone for a 1650kg car
Old 06-03-2012, 04:06 AM   #60
NZ XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimStone
Didn't like the styling or ergonomics of the Superb in the showroom and the petrol options are limited to 1.8 118Kw/250Nm in anything south of 50k - on paper seemed a little underdone for a 1650kg car
You'd definitely want a diesel. I'd planned to look at the Superb wagon when I bought a new Mondeo last year, but got a great deal on a runout MB so I never made it to the Skoda dealer.

But the Skoda engine options are weird in NZ. The 103 kW diesel is $2,500 more than the petrol, but if you want the 125 kW diesel it's another $11,000 which takes you over $60k. I assume you get some luxury stuff but it's a lot more than a Mondeo Zetec wagon.