Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 18-07-2015, 09:18 AM   #31
Deo

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuart View Post
I wouldn't get too down on Ford dealers - I could tell you a painful experience with Peugeot which is still continuing with my wife's brand new 308 hatch!
I know it's OT but... please do

Sent from my GTi-9305 using bloody Tapatalk
MC Ink Blue Diesel Hatch
Deo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-08-2015, 03:04 PM   #32
Focused

Default Re: Is the new Mondeo Titanium (MD) on sale yet?

The first MD Titanium has appeared on Carsales (there's been ads previously but they've just been Ford's press photos and I suspect just to get your interest and phone number).
$47K DA for a petrol model with 3000kms on it. It was possibly one of the journo demos?

I might hold off until early next year anyway.
Focused is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-08-2015, 11:35 PM   #33
Papug

Just returned from Canada. New Titanium Fusion $CA 35000 ($AU 36600).
All wheel drive and hybrids were $CA 37000 ($AU 38800). That is less that Trend model being sold here for.
Despite extra cost of transport from Spain, we are getting "ripped off" here like with most other imported products.
Papug is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-08-2015, 12:05 AM   #34
Giant Cranium
PURSUIT 250
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papug View Post

All wheel drive and hybrids were $CA 37000 ($AU 38800). That is less that Trend model being sold here for.

Despite extra cost of transport from Spain, we are getting "ripped off" here like with most other imported products.

Do you want to be paid what they are paid over there? We have more taxes and higher wages to cover in costs plus a smaller market. You can't expect us to pay the same as them
Giant Cranium is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-08-2015, 06:54 PM   #35
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papug View Post
Those prices don't include import duty, GST, shipping costs.....
Also, were the features and specifications of the US Titanium the same as the Australian market Titanium? US cars are usually spec'd quite low to get a keep prices low and competitive with rivals, with many big ticket items either optional or bundled into packs. Ford Australia tend to keep the spec high with minimal options keep complexity down.
Yes we pay more in Australia for many things, including cars, but difference isn't as large when you consider spec for spec
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 26-09-2015, 10:45 PM   #36
AllCoupedUp
Garage Dreaming...

Location: In the garage - waiting for the car to build itself!!

Just bought a Titanium Wagon today. Brand new and pick it up after the AfL grand final weekend. Can't wait!
We drove a demo a couple of weeks ago and were thoroughly impressed.
Spec is very good as is efficiency of diesel.
Off the line accel is ok (doesn't set world on fire) but pretty good. Rolling accel is great and it is damn quiet. Features are as long as your arm, there's nothing more to add to the car, except perhaps cooled seats (Euro spec gets them).
No issues with panel gaps on the car I bought either.
AllCoupedUp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 28-09-2015, 09:03 AM   #37
Sabantien
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Titanium hatch is up there on my list if I somehow end up buying a new car. Went to the dealership on the weekend and hopped in everything. The hatch looks great, and very comfortable inside.
I probably felt a little more comfortable in the fg-x g6e, but that's because it's so similar to my current car. Only it has the usb and sd slots I wish I had. And looks great on the outside.

I want a 4 cylinder next time though, and I suspect the mustang is going to be for short people.
Sabantien is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-10-2015, 10:08 PM   #38
Paulg05

I picked up my Trend Diesel spec on Tuesday just gone and are very happy with it so far. Brochure is a bit misleading though. It states their is 2 USB slots but there is only 1 in the center console and secondly i was expecting some sort of fancy DLR's but they just run a normal Halogen globe instead while the Titanium get the fancy setup.
Paulg05 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-10-2015, 11:12 PM   #39
Focused

Yep only the Titanium gets the (fantastic looking btw) headlights. I was disappointed to find this out when I drove a Trend a few weeks ago.
Old 02-10-2015, 07:40 AM   #40
Ros5co
Zetec MC Hatch TDCi

G'day Paul,

So they have done away with the USB slot in the glove box?
Ros5co is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-10-2015, 11:19 AM   #41
Paulg05

I had to check twice but yes they have done away with the USB in the Glovebox. ( i think Titanium spec might get 2 USB's in the center console but i might be wrong ) When you think of DRL's i automatically thought of some fancy LED spec light but not to be not that it bothers me though.
Old 21-10-2015, 10:17 AM   #42
Ibaker
Mondeo MD Titanium Wagon

Picked up my new MD Titanium Wagon on Saturday from Courtney and Patterson and must say I am impressed. This new car was replacing my old faithfull AU Fairmont Wagon (on LPG and petrol) which in 17nyears had done 175,000ks and the only non consumable thing that I had to replace in that time is the exhaust.

My home is in Melbourne but work in Canberra returning to Melb every 2nd weekend. So I picked up my car and the next day drove it to Canberra. Fuel use was 6 litres per 100ks which I guess will get better as the car was new and I was varying the speed between 100 and 115. It also gave me time to get to know all the mountain of extras the titanium has...getting use to the sync 2 language was a challenge but arriving in Canberra I felt less drained than with the AU.

If there is anything I could pick on it would be not having a digital readout of the speedo...could easily have been an option instead of the stupid compass which you have in the Sync 2 and in the display when the compass isn't showing anyway. With the adaptive cruise control I set it at 115 but the speedo was showing so very slightly over the 110. I had my 3rd party GPS with me so I turned that on and it was saying 111, speedo 111 and cruise control 115. When a car pulled in front of me with the cruise control on, there is no real way to ascertain an accurate speed i.e. whether the car in front was going 107 or what, unless i pulled into the right lane and see if i felt the car accelerate.

One thing I must comment on is how good the whole purchase process went with Courtney and Patterson. I dealt with a Michael there and found he was such a great help without any of the car salesman crap. When I arrived to pick up the car it was in the showroom covered in a presentation wrap which was removed when the presented my new car to me, i felt like a real VIP customer. Michael also followed up with an email to make sure my drive to Canberra was ok and reiterating he was there to help with any questions or support that I need.
2019 Focus Titanium with sunroof and HUD
Ibaker is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-10-2015, 12:31 PM   #43
Paulg05

Ian,
My Mondeo has just got over 2000 Km's on the clock now and fuel economy has dropped to 6 litres per 100 Km's ( 80% Highway 20% City ) and i cant really complain. I've asked the question just yesterday but have had no response yet but can you please tell me weather or not your Titanium spec has RCA inputs in the Glovebox. I've got a Trend spec Diesel and only have an SD card slot for the GPS and 1 USB slot. I was under the impression that all models got RCA's
Cheers
Paul
Old 21-10-2015, 01:17 PM   #44
Ibaker
Mondeo MD Titanium Wagon

I will have a look this evening but for memory there are no slots for anything in the glove box, in the middle arm rest compartment there is an sd card (for the gps) and a usb slot, in the forward area centre compartment tray there is a cig lighter power outlet and at the rear of the center arm rest there is a cig lighter power outlet and a 220v power outlet for the rear seats.

But as I said, I will need to confirm this tonight...hope this helps
Old 22-10-2015, 09:42 AM   #45
Ibaker
Mondeo MD Titanium Wagon

Paul, there are no RCA inputs anywhere in the car and I am not exactly sure why there would be, what would you be connecting the video to.

The only connections are what I listed in my above post with the exception of 1 more cig lighter power outlet next to the usb and sd card sockets in the centre armrest storage box.

So overall my 2015 Mondeo Titanium Wagon has:
1 x USB
1 x SD card (for the GPS)
1 x 220v outlet
3 x cig lighter power outlets

Not happy about the only 1 USB as the kids sitting in the back may need a USB each for charging their devices etc so I have to have a cig lighter to 2 + USB sockets. May look into getting 2 USB sockets added in the back for the kids so I don't have an adapter which can be knocked and cause damage to the car plus it would leave the cig lighter power free for say a dvd player for the kids
Old 22-10-2015, 11:42 AM   #46
Paulg05

Thanks for that Ian.
It does state on Page 27 in the Brochure that it comes with RCA Inputs ( they could come in handy for what i'm trying to achieve ) and also on Page 39 it states that there is 2 USB Ports. It must have an overseas brochure.
With the RCA's you can connect a digital camera and view pics but only when the car is stationary of course. Yes more than 1 USB port would be a bonus. ( I think the Falcon or Territory gets 2 )
Old 22-10-2015, 12:01 PM   #47
Ibaker
Mondeo MD Titanium Wagon

Just phoned ford customer support about this and they say that is the way the car comes, take it up with your dealer
Old 22-10-2015, 07:03 PM   #48
allanv6gt
Tippy-tronic Free Zone

take it up with your dealer
...or is that meant to say....
take it up with the factory in Spain !
allanv6gt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-11-2015, 12:53 AM   #49
cobrin
Challenge Accepted!

Picking up an Titanium in the morning for my ole man (OS atm) can't wait to drive it.
cobrin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-11-2015, 08:33 PM   #50
Focused

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobrin View Post
Picking up an Titanium in the morning for my ole man (OS atm) can't wait to drive it.
Sounds great! Petrol or diesel?
Old 02-11-2015, 10:07 PM   #51
Binny

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobrin View Post
Sweet, you will have to give us a review once you have driven it a few times.
Old 03-11-2015, 01:04 AM   #52
cobrin
Challenge Accepted!

Ecoboost Petrol Titanium Spec and yeah wow, the mind boggles. I gotta say I'm over all hesitation on the DCT, sure there have been problems with it and it's new in this vehicle but dayum!! it's the biz.

http://s1.postimg.cc/9xmp2jcjj/IMG_20151102_100511.jpg
http://s7.postimg.cc/9tk1kmwtn/IMG_20151102_132217a.jpg

A quick honest telling of the drive today (as told to the ole man) as he was keen to hear my thoughts. He's been waiting 6mths+ and were under the impression it wasn't till Jan/Feb at best but hats off to Ford in our area. The DP/Manager has a history with the ole man from vehicles bought at other Dealerships where he worked over the years and kept pushing Ford Melbourne till they finally sent one.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My reply:

No probs, was a joy to be involved. The pickup didn't feel as much as the diesel but the diesel has low down torque to confuse the senses, it's more than adequate and the paddle shift is brilliant, as you know it blips on the down shift?!? or at least doesn't have any jerkyness to it I think that's a direct result of the Dual Clutch Trans. it's sharp and crisp on the way up (calm down it was only to 100kph lol) quite the joy.

It didn't feel slow and if it did it's because the handling numbs the sensors, which is a credit to the suspension team they've pegged it pretty darn spot on. There's certainly no flat spot on take off like a diesel but as with all turbos you get it on song and it's off you go. It's quite predictable and not left wanting is all I'll say.

It also has lane assist in that if you get close to either side of the lane to a predetermined setting the steering wheel will vibrate to tell you.(along with the pictorial on the dash), blind spot mirrors was spot on, and the reverse camera better than I thought, though I'm not one to not turn my head, aids like this don't relieve me of my duty.

The gearing is is out of this world, so well spaced apart (shorter) than the old days - of long drawn out tall gears. It feels on the road like a much lighter car than it is. Credit to them again, I'd have liked to have felt a little firmer dampening (feels spongy) on a slow roll over of a small sharp speed bump (little triangle shields) where the concrete meets at a shopping level car park, but can see the direction they took with it. Don't get me wrong it's not spongy/bouncy it's very comfortable.

Either way I walked away feeling that it was light nible agile and comfortable over sporty and a tad harsh like the Honda. I don't know how they managed to make our roundabouts seem gentle like. I couldn't even tell you if there was any body roll it's that good.

Sat nav was cool, radio will impress. You'll like the phone features. Didn't play any music from the phone. It's a bloody nice place to be I can tell ya. Love the parkbrake being a button and the centre console layout and the radar guided cruise control worked a treat. Dam the features....it's got heaps of goodies that you'll need to go over and over and over to remember what you've got.

The roof is niiiiice! and the tint is black on all but the front windows and windscreen. Love it. Leather all round, 3 drivers memory settings...Oh and extremely quiet even on out crapped out FNQ coarse roads, it's wrapped in Conti Contact 5's not Michelin Primacy LC's like the last vehicle we saw. Not that it makes a difference.

and that was just on the drive home lol (knew you wanted details)

/end quote

yeah makes mine feel old.

edit: Oh the dash.....so much to look at and select it's gorgeous hidef like, a must see in person.
http://s24.postimg.cc/70a6zybed/dash.jpg

Last edited by cobrin; 03-11-2015 at 01:12 AM. Reason: added info
2 users like this post:
Old 03-11-2015, 09:35 AM   #53
Binny

That looks freaking awesome. I bet the engine will free up a lot over the first 10,000 and go even better.

But theres just one small thing.....

The petrol version is a conventional auto, not DCT. Probably why you liked it so much lol.
Old 03-11-2015, 10:42 AM   #54
cobrin
Challenge Accepted!

awe how embarrassment, i thought it be to good on shifts at low speed

should have looked at the brochure lol...
Old 04-11-2015, 04:51 PM   #55
Focused

Looks great! How does is the performance compared with the diesel? I drove a diesel Trend a few months ago and was underwhelmed.
Does the sunroof have a manual or electric inside cover?
Old 04-11-2015, 09:13 PM   #56
cobrin
Challenge Accepted!

it was ok with 3 others in the vehicle, didn't take long to hit 7K and flutter around there on gear changes. Down low it feels like a honda, good mid power and gets better till it tops out for the next gear. Not earth shattering but no probs doing the 40kph to 100kph burst. The handling makes it feel like a slower vehicle than it actually is because it's so comfortable and the quietest cabin I've been in.

Would I have liked to have seen more...sure but it's a large midsize not a sports car.

Full glass roof, electric cover that moves forward to open up, during the full sun it's a little more translucent than I have liked but it's fine. Rear windows are dark... fronts are slightly lighter shade. (was aftermarket locally sourced from ford)

besides the trim around the edges it's a large opening, my 3yo was trippin out.
Old 05-11-2015, 03:26 PM   #57
Focused

Thanks for the info.
I might try and drive one this weekend.
Old 08-11-2015, 01:23 AM   #58
AllCoupedUp
Garage Dreaming...

Location: In the garage - waiting for the car to build itself!!

So after fiddling around with a few things, I've managed to get a pics of the Titanium wagon

Last edited by AllCoupedUp; 08-11-2015 at 01:37 AM.
AllCoupedUp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 08-11-2015, 03:15 AM   #59
cobrin
Challenge Accepted!

Yeah the wagon is looking great...dare I say the best looking wagon on the road in OZ (imo).

I noticed on Friday when having another drive the windscreen is (or might be) heated. I was staring at it instead of through this particular time, noticed really tiny thin squiggly lines running vertically on the whole windscreen. I gotta look at the spec's one day.

Steering wheel controls still get me from my MB. radio & volume are on the bottom right, cruise bottom left. Oh and if anyone is interested the indicator is on the RHS too.

Haven't yet checked if there's a SYNC update, will do that soon.
Old 08-11-2015, 10:10 PM   #60
Focused

Those a great looking units!