Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 10-11-2015, 01:02 AM   #61
AllCoupedUp
Garage Dreaming...

Location: In the garage - waiting for the car to build itself!!
Default Re: Is the new Mondeo Titanium (MD) on sale yet?

I took her up through the hills over the weekend and drove her fairly hard.

I have to say that I was a sceptic of the adaptive suspension settings, but damn, it really works and made a big difference when pushing it through the bends.

With the paddle shifters, meaty torque in the mid rev range, and the sunroof back, I had a ball.

I've now set up the interior color scheme, got my own pic on the Sync screen, set up Sat Nav & phone with all my favourites etc, using the voice commands for just about everything, set up the egress seating settings and the list goes on and on.

This car really is surprising me more and more.
AllCoupedUp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-11-2015, 01:04 AM   #62
AllCoupedUp
Garage Dreaming...

Location: In the garage - waiting for the car to build itself!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobrin View Post
Yeah the wagon is looking great...dare I say the best looking wagon on the road in OZ (imo).

I noticed on Friday when having another drive the windscreen is (or might be) heated. I was staring at it instead of through this particular time, noticed really tiny thin squiggly lines running vertically on the whole windscreen. I gotta look at the spec's one day.
Agree Cobrin - it is definitely a good looker. I get a fair bit of attention driving it, and when it's parked. A lot of peps simply don't know what it is and are surprised when I tell them it's a Ford.

And yes, it's a heated front windscreen. Wing mirrors are also heated.
AllCoupedUp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-11-2015, 11:01 PM   #63
stuart

My MC Titanium wagon in Germany had both heated and air-conditioned front seats. It was just a matter of using the rocker switch in the opposite direction to the heating setting. Does the MD Titanium have the same?

Other well appreciated features were immediate door handle opening via keyless release without pressing any other button on the door as well as auto folding side mirrors upon locking the car. The side mirrors could also be rotated downwards to look at the road surface while reversing.

Loved that car! It served me well over three years and 55,000 km travelling all over Europe.
MA TDCi Mondeo sedan
AU Fairmont sedan
EL Futura sedan
EF Futura wagon
XD 4 Ltr sedan
stuart is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-11-2015, 08:57 PM   #64
NX74205
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I've test driven the new Mondeo Titanium a few times, and I absolutely love it. It's a brilliant car to drive, very smooth, quiet and refined.

That being said, it was 40C here in Perth today and I went to test out the air-conditioner, and was a little underwhelmed when compared with my BF. For those who own one - how does the air-con rate for you? Perhaps it was just that particular car. I really want one, but not having a freezing cold air conditioner could be a deal breaker ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuart View Post
My MC Titanium wagon in Germany had both heated and air-conditioned front seats. It was just a matter of using the rocker switch in the opposite direction to the heating setting. Does the MD Titanium have the same?
No, MD Titanium doesn't have air-conditioned seats, which is a damn shame.
2005 Ford BF Fairmont (2006-2019)
1989 Ford EA Falcon GL (2000-2007)
1982 Ford KA Laser Ghia (1999-2000)
NX74205 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-11-2015, 01:07 PM   #65
Paulg05

I've got a Trend Spec purchased in September and cant really complain yet about the A/C performance ( highest temp seen in Victoria so far would be around 34°C ) It might be down in gas maybe ??? I wounder how much hotter the interior gets on Titanium Sedan compared to a base model considering you have a full length moon roof ? Also with A/C performance i'm sure it would have to pass some sort of ADR before it gets imported into Australia considering our harsh environment.

Last edited by Paulg05; 15-11-2015 at 01:22 PM.
Paulg05 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-11-2015, 01:27 PM   #66
Focused

Quote:
Originally Posted by NX74205 View Post
I've test driven the new Mondeo Titanium a few times, and I absolutely love it. It's a brilliant car to drive, very smooth, quiet and refined.

That being said, it was 40C here in Perth today and I went to test out the air-conditioner, and was a little underwhelmed when compared with my BF. For those who own one - how does the air-con rate for you? Perhaps it was just that particular car. I really want one, but not having a freezing cold air conditioner could be a deal breaker ...
I had a MA Mondeo TDCI for around 2 years and the air con always struggled. It was re-gassed a month after I purchased it (at my expense of course...) and it didn't really improve.
It was tolerable, but still never worked as well as our family (and my own) Falcons (EF, AU, BA, BA2).
Focused is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-11-2015, 01:56 PM   #67
Binny

My MC struggles as well. It takes forever to get cold compared to any of the jap cars I have owned.
Whilst most people CBF putting up a windscreen shield when they get to work I find the 30 seconds spent is worth it when you get in the car at the end of the day. The aircon doesn't have to push air through a scorching hot dash. It makes a big difference to how soon the Mondeo is pumping out cold air.
Old 15-11-2015, 07:17 PM   #68
2ndMondeo
Starter Motor

I had an MA (MD Titanium currently being built) and assumed it was because the hatch had more space to cool.
2ndMondeo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-11-2015, 09:56 PM   #69
stuart

Cool Re: Is the new Mondeo Titanium (MD) on sale yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NX74205 View Post
My new MA sedan some years ago was the same in a very hot Melbourne. As it was a Leaseplan car I complained about it and although Ford said the usual 'it is as per spec etc.' they re-gassed it for me. Worked perfectly after that.

I believe they gas them for the Euro market or otherwise maybe the trip by sea has some detrimental effect on the gassing. Suggest you get it done and you should feel the difference -
MA TDCi Mondeo sedan
AU Fairmont sedan
EL Futura sedan
EF Futura wagon
XD 4 Ltr sedan
stuart is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-11-2015, 08:40 AM   #70
Ros5co
Zetec MC Hatch TDCi

I previously had a run of Fairmonts & the AC in those were better than my MC.

I have had the Mondeo for four years now & can't say I have ever been in a situation where it couldn't cope & I live in Brissie.

A couple of things I do though, is use a windscreen shade if the car will be standing in the sun for a while, & on a hot day will use the remote global windows command to open the windows & release the built up hot air.
By the time I have gotten it, put my seat belt on & start to drive off I can put the windows back up & the AC works fine.
Ros5co is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 16-11-2015, 05:41 PM   #71
NZ XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

My experience has been that the aircon doesn't work well if the car is stopped or moving slowly. Once you're travelling at a decent speed, it works OK.

My MA was shocking at first. A regas under warranty helped but it was never as good as the MB.
Old 17-11-2015, 02:11 AM   #72
cobrin
Challenge Accepted!

My MB is very cold I'm happy about that, What I'm not happy about is the water draining into the drivers foot well (typical leak that was never fixed by the original owner)

The MD feels like it takes a few minutes longer to cool but feels the same cooling performance wise. In 30 something degree heat 76% humidity in Cairns.
cobrin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-11-2015, 03:51 AM   #73
NX74205
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Cheers all. I guess what I tested was pretty standard in Mondeos. The air conditioner in my BF can turn the cabin into a fridge on 40C days, while the MD on the MAX A/C setting was only cool, but not cold.

I still love the MD Mondeo, but now I've just got to decide whether I can put up with it on the 40+ days we get here in Perth. I just wish Ford would install a more powerful air conditioner for the Australian market. One that's as good as on the AU and B-Series Falcons would be great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuart View Post
My new MA sedan some years ago was the same in a very hot Melbourne. As it was a Leaseplan car I complained about it and although Ford said the usual 'it is as per spec etc.' they re-gassed it for me. Worked perfectly after that.
Thanks. I guess I might try getting it re-gassed if I order one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ros5co View Post
A couple of things I do though, is use a windscreen shade if the car will be standing in the sun for a while,
Windscreen shade always goes up on my car to keep the harsh sun away from dash plastics I'm not sure if it makes too much of a difference, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NZ XR6 View Post
My experience has been that the aircon doesn't work well if the car is stopped or moving slowly. Once you're travelling at a decent speed, it works OK.
That was my experience with the MD as well. Sitting in the yard with the climate set to MAX A/C didn't seem to really do anything; it only started to get cool when I went for a drive in it. It makes me wonder what'll happen if I'm sitting in traffic on a 40C day.
2005 Ford BF Fairmont (2006-2019)
1989 Ford EA Falcon GL (2000-2007)
1982 Ford KA Laser Ghia (1999-2000)
NX74205 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-11-2015, 07:31 PM   #74
Focused

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ndMondeo View Post
I had an MA (MD Titanium currently being built) and assumed it was because the hatch had more space to cool.
No the air coming out of the vents isn't as cool. I recall the air being blown onto my hands in my AU Falcon was uncomfortably cold but my MA Mondeo never felt as cold.
Focused is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post