Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 26-05-2011, 01:58 PM   #1
Dave_Obsession
Resident AFF detailer

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Helpful and detailed posts on car care. 
Default Group Buy Mace Manifold Insulators

Hey guys, just alerting all you E-series folk!!

There is a group buy going on for some MACE Engineering Cold Air Intake Manifold Insulators..

http://fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11331754

For the 4.0 crowd:

Lower insulator to suit EA-AU - $85 (RRP $130)
Upper insulator to suit EF-BF - $110 (RRP $150)

I think prices also include shipping, but send a PM to Giant (organiser) and he can confirm this for sure!!

Both items need at least 5 buyers to go ahead...

If you're keen, go to the group buy your thread and register your interest!

If you're after a different model, ask Giant and he can find out what is available...

Old 27-05-2011, 09:54 AM   #2
Sorted
OzEcruisers PRESIDENT

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: For all the contributions you make to the AFF community. 
Default Re: Group Buy Mace Manifold Insulators

My tuner advised not to get these as it makes the runners longer - better top end is with shorter runners - ie thats why your the BBM switches over at about 3500rpm to the shorter runners

The tests they have done is on a supercharged V6 and we all know that Charged cars are better with bigger plenums - the insulator acts like a spacer which increases the capacity of the Plenum basically.

If some one can do a back to back test on a Ford and the results are good then i will buy one

Tuned by DYNOMOTIVE

200BUX - AFF Drag Nats 2019 EF Wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by rednose View Post
Common knowledge that the more weight you take out of the car the less power you need to run the time.
Sorted is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-05-2011, 03:54 PM   #3
Dave_Obsession
Resident AFF detailer

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Helpful and detailed posts on car care. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorted
My tuner advised not to get these as it makes the runners longer - better top end is with shorter runners - ie thats why your the BBM switches over at about 3500rpm to the shorter runners

The tests they have done is on a supercharged V6 and we all know that Charged cars are better with bigger plenums - the insulator acts like a spacer which increases the capacity of the Plenum basically.

If some one can do a back to back test on a Ford and the results are good then i will buy one
Their website says the test vehicle was a VS Commodore with head and cam work - nothing about a supercharger...

And the test they have on their site seems to indicate that it has a decent improvement in torque and throttle response, which is what I'm after myself.

But if anybody is interested, click the link in the first post and let the guys know :-)
Old 27-05-2011, 04:01 PM   #4
Sorted
OzEcruisers PRESIDENT

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: For all the contributions you make to the AFF community. 

Ah this test - being an expert on the Dyno the better reading could just be because the AFR's have leaned out a bit and it's running as rich.

I would love to see a test on a Ford ;)

Tuned by DYNOMOTIVE

200BUX - AFF Drag Nats 2019 EF Wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by rednose View Post
Common knowledge that the more weight you take out of the car the less power you need to run the time.
Sorted is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-05-2011, 09:47 PM   #5
Alby1
you'd be popular too

A mate put one on his vz v6, he likes it and can see a noticeable difference, would hold gear at lower revs up a hill whilst towing a trailer

But, as above.. Not a Ford

E303 cam, ported gt40p heads, 1.7 rockers, high flow cats, Au220 TB, 70mm Maf, tune (215rwkw) and some bigger brakes

Have now brought my car to the 2000's with electric rear windows, door lights and wood trims
Alby1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-06-2011, 05:15 PM   #6
Dave_Obsession
Resident AFF detailer

We still need at least 2 more people for the EA-AU lower insulator...$85 bucks only!

The EF-BF upper insulator is definitely going ahead as there are at least 5 people now, but the more the merrier...