Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 17-05-2021, 01:25 PM   #1
Tonz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default downloading music albums.

tired & pi**ed off with spotify premium, lost my library twice and often takes 15 minutes to 'find internet'.
have tried a couple of android ph apps, they can 'capture' songs well but seem to have trouble with albums.

For lazy day drives in the ute I prefer albums.
so whats the options, thinking of copying music from youtube and converting to MP3.
Old 17-05-2021, 01:44 PM   #2
cs123
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Can't think of anyone more deserving. Russ Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the technical support behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Technical submission 
Default Re: downloading music albums.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonz View Post
tired & pi**ed off with spotify premium, lost my library twice and often takes 15 minutes to 'find internet'.
have tried a couple of android ph apps, they can 'capture' songs well but seem to have trouble with albums.

so whats the options, thinking of copying music from youtube and converting to MP3.
There are a few good online tools for downloading Youtube to MP3. They can do playlists too.

I've used this one and it's worked ok for me
https://www.mediahuman.com/youtube-downloader/
Old 17-05-2021, 04:47 PM   #3
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Try mp3 juices as well.

https://www.mp3juices.cc/

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 17-05-2021, 04:53 PM   #4
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

https://www.mp3va.com is quite good, yes you have to pay for music but it's relatively inexpensive.
Old 17-05-2021, 05:05 PM   #5
roKWiz
Cabover nut

I use qdownloader (when its there) for youtube, has a mp3 sound only option.

have a heap of music and old movies on USB stick for the motorhome when there is no interwebs.

roKWiz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-05-2021, 08:50 PM   #6
Tonz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

cheers guys, thanks for these answers,

IF I wanted to bypass the computer what apps do people use on ANDROID phones to download albums, I have tried a couple but they only appear to download single songs, I really would prefer albums.......or am I misunderstanding something, wouldnt be surprised.
Old 19-05-2021, 11:00 AM   #7
My poor XF
Geelong FC 07, 09 & 2011

Quote:
cheers guys, thanks for these answers,

IF I wanted to bypass the computer what apps do people use on ANDROID phones to download albums, I have tried a couple but they only appear to download single songs, I really would prefer albums.......or am I misunderstanding something, wouldnt be surprised.
Are you using the download button in Spotify or is it just streaming the albums? If you have no connection you wont be able to access any music, but you can download them and they are then available offline.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg spotify.jpg (41.5 KB, 8 views)
Old 19-05-2021, 11:08 AM   #8
FroudeyBrand

I used https://piratebay.live/ or youtube to mp3
FroudeyBrand is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-06-2021, 07:29 PM   #9
gypsy
"Rockin Moonbeam a-Rock-"

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasoLane View Post
https://www.mp3va.com is quite good, yes you have to pay for music but it's relatively inexpensive.
I got most of my mp3s from mp3va too.
They are VERY cheap... think its 10c per song? And 60c - $2 per album.
I believe hey are also go under the name of mp3millions too, but i think iwasnt happy with the payment process, so only purchased from mp3va.

There is speculation as to whether ANY ofthese paid download sites are legal or not (including i-tunes), so i got into a convo witha help operator on the mp3va site, and asked specific questions to cover myself legally. She answered them all, confirming it was legal. So i copied and pasted the thread (or screenshot it), so it gives me some leg to stand on, putting the responsibility back on the company (in writting ...so to speak).

Also did alot of research on them back 10yrs ago, and apparently (according to one post) they are based in somewhere like Russia, and there was something about a legal loophole, as they didnt come under same download laws over there. Whether theres truth in it i dont know.
But for payment i always used a "Load & Go" VISA card from AusPost, as its not linked to any bank account. There was a post on google saying they may leak credit card details, or slowly siphon it?? So with no bank attached theres nothing to siphon, if you keep a low balance on it.

From my own experience Its alot safer than free sites, as theres no viruses on mp3va (when i used it), and is the whole reason i chose a paid site.
You can buy a $15 minimum credit (last i used it) and just keep using that. Many albums really are only 60c. Small price to pay for a virus free site (but check if thats still the case). I used it for many years and have HUNDREDS of albums from there still.

But nowdays i use spotify FREE version. 1 ad every 10mins is ok by me. Havent lost a playlist yet.

Hope that helps.
gypsy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-06-2021, 07:32 PM   #10
gypsy
"Rockin Moonbeam a-Rock-"

...oh i forgot to mention, ive also used alot of youtube to mp3/mp4 converters, and malwarebytes always detects a trojan.
So again, safer (for your pc or device), if you pay a long standing site to not have to worry about viruses and malware,etc
gypsy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-06-2021, 07:35 PM   #11
burnz
VFII SS UTE

Quote:

torrents works for me...
burnz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-06-2021, 09:17 PM   #12
DJM83
Proper Gearbox User
Donating Member3

Never once had an issue with spotify premium. So not sure what's going on there.
- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
DJM83 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-06-2021, 08:58 AM   #13
mad2
Regular...with metamusal
Donating Member2

so far i'm using cd's as my base ..... dunno what i'll do when there's none of them

with a 30G mp3 player.....
mad2 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 14-06-2021, 09:31 AM   #14
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by mad2 View Post
so far i'm using cd's as my base ..... dunno what i'll do when there's none of them

with a 30G mp3 player.....
They make great wind chimes or bird scarers for the veggie gardens and yacht rigging.

roKWiz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-06-2021, 12:05 PM   #15
Pis-ton broke
Banned

i might try that youtube downloader, the adds are getting ridiculous.
Pis-ton broke is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post: