Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 24-07-2021, 07:57 PM   #3601
slowsnake
Banned

Default Re: Geez! I hate that!

I used to pick up rubbish every Saturday night, usually coming home from the pub, but I always put it in a taxi cab in the morning!..

Cheers Billy
slowsnake is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-07-2021, 07:38 AM   #3602
xkxlxm
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-01-...an-up/13051702

There are reports of this happening on other Oz beaches and it's just as likely to be ****wit Aussies doing it.

Last edited by xkxlxm; 25-07-2021 at 07:45 AM.
xkxlxm is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 25-07-2021, 09:59 AM   #3603
marty351
Shenanigans..............

Who was the butthole that disposed of the beanbag?
marty351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-07-2021, 02:01 AM   #3604
.:4:.
Kicking back

So, ive sorted my boat trailer out. It was a time and finances kind of thing. So even isolated, i knew that the batteries were flat. So i pulled 1 of the 2 out today. I run dual 730cca deep cycle marine batteries and those things are phsically larger then a car battery and weigh significantly more. So my smart charger wouldnt recognise the battery as it was too dead. My 40 odd year old dumb charger also did nothing. So yeah, making the assumption battery 2 is just as cactus, cannot do anything about it right now as theres no point with lockdown, but its looking like 2 new batteries for me. The boat technically doesnt need the dual battery setup. However its a reliability thing. Set the selector to both on the run out to go fishing, set it to 1 battery when sitting on the water for hours with electronics like the radio on. So worst case if that goes flat the other is apples to start her up. So even when the currently seemingly small world opens back up, its still going to punish my wallet getting 2 marine batteries.
.:4:. is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 29-07-2021, 07:19 AM   #3605
slowsnake
Banned

Charge it with a 3 amp or bigger solar panel on a very sunny day, after 12 hours it will jump back in ya boat and connect itself, will be that full of beans!

Cheers bWilliam

Last edited by slowsnake; 29-07-2021 at 07:21 AM. Reason: Misspelt
Old 29-07-2021, 08:01 AM   #3606
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

Have you got jumper leads?

Give it a few minutes charging off the car, then put the dumb charger on for 30 minutes. After that it should be OK for the smart charger.

If they are completely dead, you should get $30+ the pair in scrap.
Citroënbender is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-07-2021, 08:12 AM   #3607
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroënbender View Post

Give it a few minutes charging off the car, then put the dumb charger on for 30 minutes. After that it should be OK for the smart charger.

Never been a fan of smart chargers, except to keep a trickle charge in my 4x4 batteries if it was parked up, had a plug in front guard to plug my 300 watt solar panel into when I was prospecting, my second battery was 120ah glass matt, my Waco fridge would pull 3.4 ampere hour, but that solar panel was magic, had 2 more 120ah glass matt's in the camper trailer too, had more weight in lead than bloody gold, lol..

Cheers bWilliam
Old 29-07-2021, 12:52 PM   #3608
Kicking back

Quote:

I did something similar, charged my spare car battery which is good. Hooked it up to the marine one for a few hours to see if the boat battery would take any charge. But both my multimeters confirmed its a yeah nah. And for confirmation, the dumb charger would work on the car battery, same as the smart charger. But neither would do anything for the dead marine battery. And for reliability sake, im not going to bother investigating or attempt anything battery revival wise. Its new ones for me, but only when the option of being able to use the boat is available. For the time being, to turn the thing over, a car battery is fine. Its a 4.3L black anchor v6. So a marinised chev v6 with a mercruiser sticker on the air filter cover.
Old 31-07-2021, 12:24 AM   #3609
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

My toilet inlet has been leaking from the stop cock for a while.

So I went down to Bunnings today and bought a braided hose (in place of a fixed pipe) and proper thread tape. I thought I did it all good but yep still leaking. **** me dead. This toilet has been a **** for 4 years!
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-07-2021, 08:54 AM   #3610
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MITCHAY View Post

So I went down to Bunnings today and bought a braided hose (in place of a fixed pipe) and proper thread tape. I thought I did it all good but yep still leaking. **** me dead. This toilet has been a **** for 4 years!
Was the ribbon dope white, yellow or pink?

Cheers WB
Old 31-07-2021, 09:37 AM   #3611
five 7
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

If it's the flexi braided hose i'm thinking of theres sealing washers in the fittings no need for tape, maybe sealing washer fell out. For brass fittings you can't beat hemp and graphite grease, just rough up threads first by dragging a hacksaw to down to make burrs so it catches the hemp fibres.
five 7 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 31-07-2021, 10:32 AM   #3612
slowsnake
Banned

Have you got a thread gauge?...could be imperial if old or Metric but different pitch, shouldn't leak at all really, so am wondering about thread compatibility!

Cheers Billy
Old 31-07-2021, 11:36 AM   #3613
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I think I just either need to get the right amount of tape or just buy another stop cock. For the moment though it is leaking less so maybe I will get around to it next weekend.
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-07-2021, 11:57 AM   #3614
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:
I think I just either need to get the right amount of tape or just buy another stop cock. For the moment though it is leaking less so maybe I will get around to it next weekend.
I just took mine off, put back hand tight, no leak?
Thread tape no good, it stops the nut going deeper onto thread as mine seals on a black rubber cone that seals inside the stopcock thread which is machined about 30° like a countersink but inside threaded pipe fitting, so it's sealed by rubber not on thread!

Cheers Billy.
3 users like this post:
Old 31-07-2021, 07:09 PM   #3615
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

Yes, overtightening will damage the conical rubber seal inside the flex connector. “Man” finger tight plus 1/3-1/2 turn with a shifter is plenty.

Mitch, can you identify exactly where it’s leaking?
2 users like this post:
Old 31-07-2021, 07:25 PM   #3616
slowsnake
Banned

Also mine runs on half setting, just slower to fill tank, so don't turn tap/knob on full bore or pressure!

Cheers BBBBB
Old 07-08-2021, 07:23 PM   #3617
danzvtil
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

My ex is looking for a new car and asked me to "help" her. After compiling a list of wants, i head off to do new car homework , and present a list of 3 cars, all within the price range, with the features she wants, and at the pointy end of warranty on offer.
Car 1-NO-doesnt like the sun visor.
Car 2-NO-her friend just bought one of these, and she cant copy what the friend has.
Car 3-NO-she went to the dealer to look and NO ONE* came up to her to see if she needed help *she does have resting bitchface, so theres that
She then asks what i think of some Peugeot SUV thats $10k more expensive than her budget and 1 size smaller than the shortlisted cars. FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU I give up!!

2019 LDV G10
2009 Mitsubishi Express-GONE
2011 Honda Jazz
Old 07-08-2021, 09:03 PM   #3618
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

She should just buy what her Facebook friends tell her to. That will minimise angst. Besides, not your problem anymore - feel happy about that.
4 users like this post:
Old 08-08-2021, 10:26 AM   #3619
Kicking back

Woke up yesterday with the worst case of gastro ive had in my life. All day coming out both ends, and sweating like crazy. I ended up trying to sleep it off on the tiles in my bathroom as they were cold and i was hot. So yesterday sucked. Todays a little better.
Old 08-08-2021, 10:37 AM   #3620
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Doesn’t sound good. Did you just get vaccinated - could be a reaction?
Old 08-08-2021, 10:37 AM   #3621
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:4:. View Post
Woke up yesterday with the worst case of gastro ive had in my life. All day coming out both ends, and sweating like crazy. I ended up trying to sleep it off on the tiles in my bathroom as they were cold and i was hot. So yesterday sucked. Todays a little better.
Go see a doctor dude, isn't that coronavirus symptoms, I hope not but get checked out!

Cheers Billy
Old 08-08-2021, 10:41 AM   #3622
shedcoupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by danzvtil View Post
My ex is looking for a new car !
The obvious choice is euro.
Then she can use the indicator stalk as a place to hang her handbag.
Planet Sheila has different requirements.
shedcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 08-08-2021, 10:45 AM   #3623
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by danzvtil View Post
My ex is looking for a new car and asked me to "help" her. After compiling a list of wants, i head off to do new car homework , and present a list of 3 cars, all within the price range, with the features she wants, and at the pointy end of warranty on offer.
Car 1-NO-doesnt like the sun visor.
Car 2-NO-her friend just bought one of these, and she cant copy what the friend has.
Car 3-NO-she went to the dealer to look and NO ONE* came up to her to see if she needed help *she does have resting bitchface, so theres that
She then asks what i think of some Peugeot SUV thats $10k more expensive than her budget and 1 size smaller than the shortlisted cars. FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU I give up!!
You're not ever going to win.

If she buys a car you suggest and has problems, it'll be your fault.

If she buys a car of her choice and has trouble, it'll be your fault for not telling her about that car's problems.
Old 08-08-2021, 11:04 AM   #3624
shedcoupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Have a sign prepared.
Hold sign up as necessary.
Sign reads - ‘it’s all my fault, I’m terribly sorry, it’ll never happen again, how can I make it up to you ?, and by the way, what have I done ?’.

Sign can be used again and again. And will be.
shedcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 08-08-2021, 12:21 PM   #3625
slowsnake
Banned

Just play her that country music song from the 70's or 80's

DIVORCE.....we ain't together no more, get ya new bloke to do it,

Cheers Billy
Old 08-08-2021, 01:35 PM   #3626
Kicking back

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowsnake View Post
Go see a doctor dude, isn't that coronavirus symptoms, I hope not but get checked out!

Cheers Billy
I cannot see how it could be, havent left the house in weeks. I play the game when i order food and say self isolation so they ring my doorbell and leave it on the doorstep. The only reason i go outside lately is to check the mail and every few days to start my car and let it idle for a while to maintain the battery. Im putting it down to leftover pizza, as once i got past the oversleeping from yesterday ive been fine. I was a bit slow to get going this morning as it was cold and i dont do to well on cold starts, but its midday now, im 6 beers in and absolutely no gutteral consequences.
3 users like this post:
Old 17-08-2021, 12:16 PM   #3627
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

A lady friend of mine has just picked up a project Nova SS, missing the driveline. She won’t say what she paid for it, but I’m betting it was a steal. Not that I need any more projects myself but I’m still envious!
4 users like this post:
Old 18-08-2021, 12:17 PM   #3628
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:
A lady friend of mine has just picked up a project Nova SS, missing the driveline. She won’t say what she paid for it, but I’m betting it was a steal. Not that I need any more projects myself but I’m still envious!
That green eyed monster always gets me when I see a nice blue Ford XR6 in mint nick driving in my area!
I can only wish........but its envy not jealousy, good choice of word

Cheers Billy
Old 18-08-2021, 06:46 PM   #3629
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

Pulled up at a servo needing Diesel for the Ranger and some petrol to make 2-stroke.

All the pumps on the left hand side were busy, so I pulled up behind a new Hyundai Tuscon as the owner was just getting out. Fine, I'm happy to wait.

Said owner then proceeded to have a conversation with another gentleman in the bay over, fumbled around choosing which fuel to use, filled it up before getting back in the car to find his wallet, then looked at the pump to check which number he was, waddled inside to pay, waddled back and stood rummaging through his pockets, got in the car and fumbled around some more, started the car and slowly selected a gear and removed the handbrake, sat some more while talking to his passenger before then finally, slowly drove off.

The moron did all this knowing full well I and others were waiting for him to just get the bloody hell on with it! I didn't expect him to move the car after he had filled up, servo's don't like that these days, and I'm fine waiting my turn. This guy was just complete bell-end!
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 18-08-2021, 06:52 PM   #3630
zilo
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFB FGXR6 View Post
Pulled up at a servo needing Diesel for the Ranger and some petrol to make 2-stroke.

All the pumps on the left hand side were busy, so I pulled up behind a new Hyundai Tuscon as the owner was just getting out. Fine, I'm happy to wait.

Said owner then proceeded to have a conversation with another gentleman in the bay over, fumbled around choosing which fuel to use, filled it up before getting back in the car to find his wallet, then looked at the pump to check which number he was, waddled inside to pay, waddled back and stood rummaging through his pockets, got in the car and fumbled around some more, started the car and slowly selected a gear and removed the handbrake, sat some more while talking to his passenger before then finally, slowly drove off.

The moron did all this knowing full well I and others were waiting for him to just get the bloody hell on with it! I didn't expect him to move the car after he had filled up, servo's don't like that these days, and I'm fine waiting my turn. This guy was just complete bell-end!
Why didn't you yell an obscenity at him? That's what I do.

(It's the red triangle with exclamation mark on the left)
zilo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post