Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 13-07-2021, 10:37 AM   #6331
Smitty64
Starter Motor

Smile Re: Welcome to New Members - Post here to say gday!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HMC View Post
G'Day all

First a confession: I don't currently own a Ford. I used to, however, many decades ago in a different age and continent.

Recently have been bitten by a strong desire to own a ute, so have recently placed an order on a new Ranger XLT. But, with the world as it at the moment, I'm told it's not going to be arriving anytime soon.

Thought I'd sign up to the forums and do some research while I anxiously await the start of Ranger ownership.

Currently, a two-Toyota owner, but both fairly new ones. But hoping to replace both of them with Fords. One will be the Ranger and thinking of an SZ Territory for the partner. But, what's likely going to happen (I can see it in my mind now) is that the partner will "steal" the Ranger each morning forcing me to take the Territory.

Advice for or against either vehicle choice is welcomed.

Regards

HMC
SNAP!

I've just ordered mine a fortnight ago. XLT 2L dual cab. Got an "NSC order number" but don't know what that is or does. "Might" get it by August 20th - but no promises in these interesting times.

I tow. Had my Jeep Grand Cherokee diesel written off in a minor bingle 3 weeks ago. Been looking toward a Ranger to replace it anyway.

Fate ensured this. Not complaining - its basically been lockdown in Sydney since the said minor bingle - so not having a car is not critical, for now.

As long as it arrives for my Long service leave in late September/October, I'll be a happy camper/caravanner.
Smitty64 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 13-07-2021, 09:59 PM   #6332
Forddddd
Starter Motor

Default Re: Welcome to New Members - Post here to say gday!

Hi everyone. Looking to share and gain knowledge on our beloved Ford's.
Thanks 👍👍
Forddddd is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-07-2021, 08:51 PM   #6333
Ferritt
Starter Motor

Hi all. I am a newy. I have always been a mad ford girl. Daily driver is between my XT Falcon & Wildtrak. Unfortunately Hubby is a Holden freak ha ha but has always supported my ford desire luckily. I also have a ZC Fairlane and an old XR Falcon Wagon that needs restoring.
I have always looked and read peoples forums & have found some interesting topics but never signed up till now.
I am also wanting to learn more about a 1967 MK2 Cortina 2 Door Saloon I have just purchased as a Barn Find. No joke never thought I would own one of these but hey its a ford & I see 4 doors around but not 2 doors so why not.....
If anyone has any information on these little cortinas they would like to share would be appreciated otherwise looking forward to more of your topics.
Cheers Ferritt.
Ferritt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-07-2021, 09:35 PM   #6334
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferritt View Post
Hi all. I am a newy. I have always been a mad ford girl. Daily driver is between my XT Falcon & Wildtrak. Unfortunately Hubby is a Holden freak ha ha but has always supported my ford desire luckily. I also have a ZC Fairlane and an old XR Falcon Wagon that needs restoring.
I have always looked and read peoples forums & have found some interesting topics but never signed up till now.
I am also wanting to learn more about a 1967 MK2 Cortina 2 Door Saloon I have just purchased as a Barn Find. No joke never thought I would own one of these but hey its a ford & I see 4 doors around but not 2 doors so why not.....
If anyone has any information on these little cortinas they would like to share would be appreciated otherwise looking forward to more of your topics.
Cheers Ferritt.
Welcome to AFF Ferritt. I'm sure some of the people in the Cortina section would be quite helpful.

https://www.fordforums.com.au/forumdisplay.php?f=80
Old 15-07-2021, 12:18 AM   #6335
Edshady
Starter Motor

Hi all, Ive been a Ford man ever CV since my first car, an XE Falcon I bought second hand in '96. Trying to get a bit of insight into what is wrong with my girlfriend's XR6, BA , '05 she says. Driving one day, not turning over or even clicking the next. Possibly fried from a jump start gone wrong.
Edshady is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-07-2021, 11:37 AM   #6336
dozzza351
Starter Motor

Hey guys my names dorian or dozzza im here because i love my old fords ive built and owned XW XY falcons XD XE fairmonts & falcons ZJ ZK Fairlanes XA fairmont currently building 1 for a mate XA GT coupe...
Cheers dozzza351
dozzza351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-07-2021, 03:15 PM   #6337
Hungarian Assassin
Starter Motor

G'day fellow Ford fans, I here hoping to gain valuable knowledge and friendships through my current build - '68 XT wagon. This will be my 4th one in 42 years.
Yes, I'm old but never too old to have another go at a build.
I got my current wagon out of Snowy Mountains high country where it sat in a shed for over 20 years and prior to that was a Canberra car.
It's almost rust free except for the tailgate, drivers side floor pan (thanks to a leaking 1/4 vent) and more seriously, the front crossmember (thanks to a radiator that must have been leaking for years!).
It hadn't run for 20 years, it is now, after plugs, leads, oils, filters, carb re-kit, dizzy rebuild, water pump, belts, battery, exhaust bits, new brake master, wheel cylinders, linings, heater core, headlights etc, etc. I've pulled apart all the switches, cables, cleaned, lubed up and refitted. Everything works and is a driver.
Picked up some period correct 14x7" hot wires and fitted 235/60/14 Galaxy radials.
I don't intend painting the car other than trying to match the patina of the the old faded, crazed, surface rusted paint that took a lifetime to develop.
First iteration is 221ci, 3 on the tree, single spinner and is a ball to drive.
First big planned trip is to Speedweek Lake Gairdner S.A. 2022 (was to be 2021 but Covid made impossible to plan for) a long way from Sydney...
On return the car comes apart.
Have been buying parts for about 6 years for its second iteration.
Clevo 30 thou over, 393 Scat crank, SRP dished pistons, ex-Ben Gatt cylinder heads (cast iron and a work of art), matching quad downdraft intake (or single plane 4bbl) and exhaust setup, Lunati Voodoo cam/valve train, MSD etc.
Toploader however, will probably end up with a Tremec..
9" with mechanical LSD with 3.7's (4 link set up would be nice, I'll think about that one..)
I have full Nolathane kit, Lovell springs, Koni Short adjustables all 4 corners.
Definitely will need big brakes all round to match what will be bigger wheels (17's ??) don't know and part of the reason I'm now on "AFF"!
Still need faster steering 16:1 if I can find one..

Anyway I could go on, probably too long for my first post but there you have it, Cheers
Attached Images
File Type: jpg final 1.jpg (47.7 KB, 15 views)
Hungarian Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 18-07-2021, 08:52 PM   #6338
Deeaye
Starter Motor

How's it going FORD fams. Love my Ford life. I'm allways telling my mates stop holden on to them dreams push FORD with them haha. Stay safe fams
Deeaye is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-07-2021, 10:48 AM   #6339
Plugger 1953
Starter Motor

Hi, my name is Geoff and I own a Ford AU and as an old Ford things go wrong.
I joined because I like doing my own repairs if possible. Seems like the perfect place to know how to do it.
Plugger 1953 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-07-2021, 02:25 PM   #6340
Cortina1963
Starter Motor

Thumbs up Cortina1963

Hi,
I am the proud owner of a newly restored 1963 Mk1 Consul Cortina GT pre aeroflow. It took me 4 years to complete and many dollars.
Rob
Cortina1963 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-07-2021, 02:12 PM   #6341
HMC

Quote:
Originally Posted by HMC View Post
G'Day all

First a confession: I don't currently own a Ford. I used to, however, many decades ago in a different age and continent.

Recently have been bitten by a strong desire to own a ute, so have recently placed an order on a new Ranger XLT. But, with the world as it at the moment, I'm told it's not going to be arriving anytime soon.

Thought I'd sign up to the forums and do some research while I anxiously await the start of Ranger ownership.

Currently, a two-Toyota owner, but both fairly new ones. But hoping to replace both of them with Fords. One will be the Ranger and thinking of an SZ Territory for the partner. But, what's likely going to happen (I can see it in my mind now) is that the partner will "steal" the Ranger each morning forcing me to take the Territory.

Advice for or against either vehicle choice is welcomed.

Regards

HMC
Update. New Ranger XLT in my driveway. Very very pleased so far.
HMC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-07-2021, 10:28 PM   #6342
Ozzyal
Starter Motor

Default 2014 Ranger

Awaiting delivery on a 2nd hand Ranger to be used as a daily driver for work ( rural area )
Just saying hi , thought it might be a good idea to join the forum for some ideas and questions on my purchase .

Thanks in advance
Ozzyal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-07-2021, 06:28 PM   #6343
mjthedj
Starter Motor

Hello all,

Happy to join the community, have been silently reading and watching for years but decided to join up recently.
Have an 08 FG xr6 na.

Thanks
mjthedj is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-07-2021, 11:04 AM   #6344
DeckUp
Starter Motor

Hi All,

Currently working on a 2011 LV Ford Focus, for the missus. Had a few Bravo and Courier utes (Practically the same vehicle) that I bought cheap, repaired and flipped. Who knows what destiny has in store for the future.

Anyway, happy to be here.
DeckUp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-07-2021, 06:28 PM   #6345
Sanchin
Starter Motor

Question Re: Welcome to New Members - Post here to say gday!

Hi all,
I've got a 2010 PK 2x4 Hi-rider extra cab. I'd appreciate some advice in installing a LSD or Diff Locker.
I'm researching this LOKKA Automated Diff lock, but not sue if it is compatible. https://www.tuffcarparts.com.au/pj-p...ve-torque-lock
Any help would be great.
Cheers John
Sanchin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-07-2021, 10:45 AM   #6346
philphord
Starter Motor

Hello Ford Fans,

My name is Phil and I've been driving an AU Series II for the past 14 years and have had a wonderful run with it.

I recently bought a box of assorted stuff at a clearance sale and among the goodies is a Falcon Workshop Manual covering XK, XL, XM, XP and XR models.

The book is by Scientific Publications (Part No. 13) and is in really good shape with just the odd greasy fingerprint here and there.

I'm curious as to whether this is worth anything to anybody and, if so, how I may go about selling it.

Thanks in advance and cheers to all!
philphord is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-07-2021, 12:27 PM   #6347
WEST
Starter Motor

Post Re: Welcome to New Members - Post here to say gday!

Hello Blue oval fans. I am a tragic Blue Oval fanatic and have a XH XR6 ute that I am now serious about modifying by the classic Barra Turbo/manual conversion. Currently a auto so looking for advice and experience around the brake and engine gearbox and electrics upgrade.

My other basher is a 06 Courier xtra cab 4wd.

Plus a new '20 GT stang

Cheers

Westy
WEST is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-07-2021, 01:40 PM   #6348
Dads 83
Starter Motor

Hi all,
Certainly not a performance car but very unique.. a Red Controvertible 83 laser... after market job.
its for sale if anyone's interested
Dads 83
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Laser convertable.jpg (58.6 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg Roof up.jpg (55.3 KB, 4 views)
Dads 83 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-07-2021, 02:28 PM   #6349
MoonDog7
Starter Motor

hey there.

regrets, yeah had a few. xp wagon 210 pursuit. xb gs ute factory fitted 351 matching numbers. laser 1800 ghia. basically given away all of them on my journey to turning japanese. my last crime was trading the ute for a tritan fourby. i really needed it i did, bs have hated myself for near on 15 years for that one. still got the mitsi. NOW ........ redemption ........ hand shake deal , i have been sirened by a eb faimont ghia. not just any ol' ghia, but one of the few that was built with the last of the ea parts. bonnet oval badge. ea striping and ea "S" boot. everything and I mean EVERTHING ELSE is eb ghia. have letter of build verfying this. the bloke i bought her off has tried to get ford au for it's own build sheet history. my mission is to see it through. might just be a holy grail. if not i have scored a beautiful eb ghia. and I will be just as stoked .. OH ........ and thanks for the add.
MoonDog7 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-08-2021, 11:40 AM   #6350
Charlie80
Starter Motor

Hi All,
I am just starting out on my Ford journey after inheriting a 1980 F100
Already git some useful information from this forum
Charlie80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-08-2021, 10:41 AM   #6351
adamofoz
Starter Motor

Smile Long time listener, first time owner

Hi All,

Got my first FORD. A BA Falcon MkII, XL, LPG, 3984, 4Asss, 6cyl ute.

What's the 4Asss stand for?

Picked it up for $3200. Second work vehicle for the off-siders to thrash -hopefully not crash!!!

Few niggles I'll be looking to sort; doors don't lock with key! ( but sounds like it's trying.... will pull the door apart this weekend and see if I can sort that out)

Needs bluetooth for the phone....Is there an easy solution for this since the stereo is integrated with everything else????

cluster fuel gauge doesn't work, but the low fuel light flashes. Is there an easy way to test if it's the wiring or the gauge? Can I put 12V through the cable from the sensor on the tank somewhere? Anyone know which wire(s)? Is the sensor on the tank an easily replaceable part if it's that?

Cheers for any help to get this workhorse working well again,

adamofoz
adamofoz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-08-2021, 10:48 AM   #6352
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

Bluetooth, simplest is the one that plugs into the lighter socket, next simplest probably the $120(?) kits from Matt’s Audio. Door locks, you’ll need a service kit at $26/4pcs.

The 4… part is four speed automatic, sequential sports shift. Also known as a bucket seat model!
Citroënbender is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 05-08-2021, 02:12 PM   #6353
FGangler
Starter Motor

Hello all

Today, I collected my recently purchased 2008 FG XR6 Turbo from CEVA, after it was transported from NSW to VIC.

The lure of the fabled Barra engine was just too strong for me

Has all the usual tasteful mods, plus a few more. Dyno sheet says 507 rwkw, so it's my most powerful car by a long way. Putting some Michelin PS4S's on it this weekend, which is the only maintenance item it really needs at this point.

I also have a modded 2017 Mustang GT and a 1995 R33 GTR.

Feel free to drop by my Instagram account to see the progress - @stang_v_zilla ...name soon to be changed to @stangbarrazilla

XR6T.jpg

Last edited by FGangler; 05-08-2021 at 02:21 PM.
FGangler is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 06-08-2021, 11:55 PM   #6354
Spen
Starter Motor

Hello, I am new here ….I have a problem with my 2007 Focus. Boot Lid closed sensor…On the instrument panel it gives ‘error message: boot open’ when key in ignition position….. an someone give me a circuit diagram of the sensor and maybe tips on how to fix it?…thanks.
Spen is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-08-2021, 11:06 AM   #6355
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spen View Post
Hello, I am new here ….I have a problem with my 2007 Focus. Boot Lid closed sensor…On the instrument panel it gives ‘error message: boot open’ when key in ignition position….. an someone give me a circuit diagram of the sensor and maybe tips on how to fix it?…thanks.
Hi Spen and welcome to AFF..

If you look around the forum you'll find wiring diagrams in the Tech Resources area https://www.fordforums.com.au/vbport...articleid=1801

And more info in the Focus forum https://www.fordforums.com.au/forumdisplay.php?f=77
Old 08-08-2021, 01:44 PM   #6356
David R
Starter Motor

Greetings everyone. This is my first post. I'm not mechanically minded. I have a problem with my 2007 Falcon Ute on dual fuel. It wouldn't start or turn over one morning. I put on new starter but that didn't fix it. The mechanics had the BEM/BCM tested which was ok. They couldn't find the problem so they sent it to the Ford dealers in town. They couldn't find the fault either and suggest it can't be fixed, even though they don't know why. There were rat footprints on the engine a few days before it wouldn't start. The mechanics knew this but didn't find anything with that.
The engine is in great condition and I love the Ute and I certainly don't want to send it to the wreckers as the mechanics said. I'm out of options. Does anyone have any ideas of what the fault might be?
Would really appreciate any feedback.
David.
David R is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-08-2021, 07:04 AM   #6357
Bundymick
Starter Motor

Hi everyone I'm new here and bulding a fh it has a EF Tickford in it was going to do a barra swap just wondering if I should keep the motor or swap out. It's not a stock Tickford tho. Thanks.
Bundymick is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-08-2021, 02:20 PM   #6358
TheOldMan
Starter Motor

Hi there yep I am new here yep I have a FG Falcon just looking around at what people are saying

Thanks
TheOldMan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-08-2021, 03:50 PM   #6359
Plugger 1953
Starter Motor

Gday, Plugger here, proud owner of a 1998 AU. Joined up to learn how to do repairs myself. Trouble in Warrnambool, Vic is we don't have a wreckers anymore.2 I need to replace my center Dashboard and cannot find one anywhere. Any one know the best way to round one up?
Plugger 1953 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-08-2021, 12:49 PM   #6360
askari
Starter Motor

Hi guys got a territory 2016 diesel. Living in bendigo. Car pretty nice does its job and is a ford. Cant really say that any more. More into bikes, but old fellas have to keep dry!
askari is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post: