Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 01-08-2021, 10:39 AM   #3361
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 
Default Re: What made you feel good today?

The AZ “hangover” seems to have passed after 40 hrs, nice to feel 98% normal again - was pretty rotten for a day. Final shot 22/10 - left it absolutely the longest possible so more people could get their first.
Citroënbender is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-08-2021, 01:38 PM   #3362
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroënbender View Post
The AZ “hangover” seems to have passed after 40 hrs, nice to feel 98% normal again - was pretty rotten for a day. Final shot 22/10 - left it absolutely the longest possible so more people could get their first.
Your a credit to the company son!

Cheers Mr B.......
slowsnake is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-08-2021, 05:36 AM   #3363
George V
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Well done CB ,

My understanding is there is plenty of AZ to go around and available for anyone within reason.

Regards,
George V
George V is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 02-08-2021, 07:51 AM   #3364
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

I honestly expected zero initial effects.

My prior idea was “It’s the people on social media feeding each others’ fears”… I don’t mind being proven wrong in such a way; can’t argue with it. Not even a sore shoulder now, 2½ days later - can get right back to my Pete Townshend windmill chords…
This user likes this post:
Old 02-08-2021, 08:52 AM   #3365
slowsnake
Banned

Taping?...did I say that?..lol, but very tired lately and couldn't watch John Lennon interview on SBS, it was on at 9:30PM, So I stuck a plastic stick in TV and taped it, well it's recorded digitally I believe, I convince some folk I know that the "stick" has I microscopic tape in there?...fair dinkum..

Am about to watch said interview shortly, and its John Lennon's last interview before he was assasinated!
This is going to MAKE ME HAPPY TODAY.
Even though it's sad

Cheers B
Old 02-08-2021, 04:33 PM   #3366
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

…Going through a “bucket of bolts” and finding a suitable pair of M6x1 captive washer bolts to replace rusted-away items.
3 users like this post:
Old 02-08-2021, 09:30 PM   #3367
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:
…Going through a “bucket of bolts” and finding a suitable pair of M6x1 captive washer bolts to replace rusted-away items.
It's better than winning lotto eh!....

Cheers Mr B
Old 03-08-2021, 01:21 PM   #3368
.:4:.
Kicking back

Still for lack of anything do, ive still been having fun bashing about in my yard with my rc car. So its still bog stock, and theres only limited adjustments. Yes, aftermarket bits can add adjustability, but my attitude is get as good is i can be stock before throwing parts at it. Ive got it to where i think its the best it can be in stock form. Pretty happy with where its at. So had it been a rwd low centre of gravity dirt track rc car like im used to, i know what works and what doesnt for handling and all that crap. But being a high centre of gravity 4x4, the weight distribution is completely different, so a bit of a learning curve as my old bag of tricks doesnt apply. So stuff like the motor being in front of the rear axle unlike behind like a rwd that im used too. More weight in the front as theres a differential up there. Higher roll centre due to centre of gravity. Then theres braking. So a rwd only brakes the rear wheels, 4x4 does all 4. So no plans to go too scientific on modifications, its just a backyard basher so 70+ kmh in a small space is plenty enough. No plans for modifications in the near future either as in an open sports feild it runs out to 79, but theres no point changing that if theres no real space or timeline for when non essential travel will be re commencing. But it keeps me sane, so unlike projects, well finish one and theres nothing else to do. Theres only so much maintenance you can do to cars, boats, trailers before nothing needs to be done. But as much as i try not to break it (it happens), i like the rc car stuff. Can be reckless and not harm anyone, and a different platform to what i was used to was something to learn. Nothing extreme like burying your head in an encyclopaedia, but still.
.:4:. is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-08-2021, 01:41 PM   #3369
HIPO
Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:4:. View Post
Still for lack of anything do, ive still been having fun bashing about in my yard with my rc car. So its still bog stock, and theres only limited adjustments. Yes, aftermarket bits can add adjustability, but my attitude is get as good is i can be stock before throwing parts at it. Ive got it to where i think its the best it can be in stock form. Pretty happy with where its at. So had it been a rwd low centre of gravity dirt track rc car like im used to, i know what works and what doesnt for handling and all that crap. But being a high centre of gravity 4x4, the weight distribution is completely different, so a bit of a learning curve as my old bag of tricks doesnt apply. So stuff like the motor being in front of the rear axle unlike behind like a rwd that im used too. More weight in the front as theres a differential up there. Higher roll centre due to centre of gravity. Then theres braking. So a rwd only brakes the rear wheels, 4x4 does all 4. So no plans to go too scientific on modifications, its just a backyard basher so 70+ kmh in a small space is plenty enough. No plans for modifications in the near future either as in an open sports feild it runs out to 79, but theres no point changing that if theres no real space or timeline for when non essential travel will be re commencing. But it keeps me sane, so unlike projects, well finish one and theres nothing else to do. Theres only so much maintenance you can do to cars, boats, trailers before nothing needs to be done. But as much as i try not to break it (it happens), i like the rc car stuff. Can be reckless and not harm anyone, and a different platform to what i was used to was something to learn. Nothing extreme like burying your head in an encyclopaedia, but still.
yep good fun, i used to do 1/10 gas rwd. Had a Rossi & then Mugen. EL Falcon body Theres a fantastic club track in The Adelaide hills, really set up well.Think with age-reflexes a 1/5 scale pull start would suit me better now days.
HIPO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-08-2021, 02:15 PM   #3370
HIPO
Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIPO View Post
yep good fun, i used to do 1/10 gas rwd. Had a Rossi & then Mugen. EL Falcon body Theres a fantastic club track in The Adelaide hills, really set up well.Think with age-reflexes a 1/5 scale pull start would suit me better now days.
Amazing toys, having them taught me about suspension geometry etc. Fully adjustable everything, even different rated springs & oils for the shocks.
Could adjust the 1st to 2nd gear change too.
Old 03-08-2021, 03:00 PM   #3371
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 

Daughter was stressed about a few tests she had coming up last week: biology, maths and science.

She got the results today; A+. 94% and an A.

All of the study she has been doing has certainly paid off.

Not bad for a kid that was in serious trouble, to the point of self-harming, just a few months back and considered throwing in the towel on the maths at the start of the year because it was too hard for her.

She turns 16 in just under two weeks' time, so dads going to lose a few more hairs and the (very) few that are there will be even greyer once the driving lessons start.

Life is a journey, not a destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily: 2013 FGII EcoLPi in Winter White
Play: 2015 FG X XR8 in Emperor Show' N Shine thread

Gone, but not forgotten: 2015 SZII petrol Titanium Territory in Emperor
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-08-2021, 03:59 PM   #3372
slowsnake
Banned

There is/was a track with operators platform near Georges Hall near the Meccano Lights, From Woodville Rd go across Hume Hwy toward Georges Hall and its about 2 k's on left!

Cheers Mr B
Old 03-08-2021, 04:06 PM   #3373
slowsnake
Banned

The dude just arrived to look at my side fence, blew over in the recent high winds, about 6 fences all up in my short St, lol, big pay day for him!
Just glad it's getting fixed, lol.

Cheers a mr b
Old 03-08-2021, 06:18 PM   #3374
HIPO
Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowsnake View Post
The dude just arrived to look at my side fence, blew over in the recent high winds, about 6 fences all up in my short St, lol, big pay day for him!
Just glad it's getting fixed, lol.

Cheers a mr b
think we got those same winds here in Adelaide late last week.
Old 03-08-2021, 07:57 PM   #3375
Syndrome
Ford screwed the Falcon

Today Prime Minister Scott Morrison tenure as Prime Minister of Australia is longer than his predecessor - Malcolm Turnbull - who was the worst thing to happen to conservative politics in this country.

My cars

Current ride
2016 FG X XR6 - 6 speed manual

Previous rides
2009 FG XR6 - 6 speed auto
2006 BF MkII XT ESP - 6 speed auto
2003 BA XT V8 - 5 speed manual
1999 AU Forte - 5 speed manual
1997 EL Fairmont - 4 speed auto
1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia - 4 speed auto
Syndrome is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 03-08-2021, 10:11 PM   #3376
jaydee
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydee View Post
Dropping the Mrs at the airport, 6 days home alone, just me and the dog, getting stuck into the port as I type this.
She's home, bugger, those 6 days went too quick.
Old 03-08-2021, 10:22 PM   #3377
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Commiserations.
3 users like this post:
Old 04-08-2021, 08:14 AM   #3378
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:
Commiserations.
To your liver

Cheers Billy
3 users like this post:
Old 04-08-2021, 10:27 AM   #3379
.:4:.
Kicking back

So last night i was in need of food, but in that mindset of i dunno what i want. So being responsible, and with more then enough beers in me, it was delivery. I ordered basil and pesto risotto. Done so thinking at the time that bland when you dont know what you want, cant complain about it. Turns out it was really good. Only downside was the only meat related thing in it was chicken stock, but still, filled the gap quite nicely.
.:4:. is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-08-2021, 03:15 PM   #3380
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Delivered some stone nearby so dropped by the local Kenworth dealer and bought myself a present.

I would have liked the spanking new British racing green K200 sitting on display but decided on the book instead.

roKWiz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-08-2021, 03:23 PM   #3381
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

Quote:
She's home, bugger, those 6 days went too quick.

Now to "jump" whenever you hear your name called and feel yes I'm guilty
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Abraham Lincoln"
FTE217 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 04-08-2021, 03:35 PM   #3382
xkxlxm
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

This could just as easily be in the 'Geez! ... I hate that' thread but I just went down the street to pick up from a front yard some polystyrene that's been sitting there for some time; it's from a big-screen TV, 1.8m long x 190mm x 180mm. There was another, smaller, piece there too. The city of Yarra's recycling station in Clifton Hill processes the polystyrene through a machine that turns it out like a sausage. Not sure what happens to it then. Maybe it's just reduced in size and takes up less space in landfill or is it re-used?

Several days ago I got the other big piece, which her kids had broken up into multiple pieces for some reason. There have been some strong winds around here but luckily the bits had not been blown all over the street.
xkxlxm is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 04-08-2021, 03:36 PM   #3383
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

A bouquet of natives arrived from one of my irregular customers and their extended family. Unexpected and touching.
6 users like this post:
Old 04-08-2021, 03:38 PM   #3384
Peter B - CV8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

^^^^ flowers I hope :-)
Peter B - CV8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-08-2021, 04:35 PM   #3385
ford71V8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Haha, was struggling to understand until you mentioned Flowers!
ford71V8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-08-2021, 06:02 PM   #3386
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTE217 View Post

Now to "jump" whenever you hear your name called and feel yes I'm guilty
Bullsh.t

Cheers Billy
Old 05-08-2021, 06:22 PM   #3387
jaydee
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I ordered a pair of LED brake globes for the XC, just put them in, work great, very bright.
If anyone else is inclined to order some, be aware, if you order "1" you actually get a pair.
I thought I needed 2 so selected "2", got 4, go figure.
About $30 a pair, my cousin has an XC coupe, he's going to buy the other "1" (2) off me.
3 users like this post:
Old 05-08-2021, 09:40 PM   #3388
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:
I ordered a pair of LED brake globes for the XC, just put them in, work great, very bright.
If anyone else is inclined to order some, be aware, if you order "1" you actually get a pair.
I thought I needed 2 so selected "2", got 4, go figure.
About $30 a pair, my cousin has an XC coupe, he's going to buy the other "1" (2) off me.
For "3",,,free...

Cheers Billy
Old 06-08-2021, 12:20 PM   #3389
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 

Not today (well, there's probably still a little of food coma going on) but yesterday I made pulled beef rolls and homemade chips for dinner.

Had a nice piece of brisket slow cooking for around 9 hours. Cut up a few white and sweet potatoes and par boiled them first, then coated them in oil and seasoning and popped them into the air fryer for 20 minutes or so.

Yum!

Life is a journey, not a destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily: 2013 FGII EcoLPi in Winter White
Play: 2015 FG X XR8 in Emperor Show' N Shine thread

Gone, but not forgotten: 2015 SZII petrol Titanium Territory in Emperor
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-08-2021, 12:22 PM   #3390
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Some man-size portions there, looks good too. (That’s coming from a 35 year vegetarian!)