Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 28-02-2008, 08:31 PM   #271
bearass
FG XR8

Finally got around to getting the tips changed.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg m.jpg (87.6 KB, 89 views)
Old 03-03-2008, 11:27 PM   #272
Superoo
Mondeo TDCi / BA XR6T

I have noticed quite a few light scratches on the black areas around the stereo display, most noticeable during the day. Anyone else have the same? They look like light paint swirl marks. Also have a lot on the glossy black panels on the B pillars. Pretty annoying since I know they must have been there on delivery but are only visible depending on lighting conditions. Have my 3K check up this week and will mention it even though I can imagine the response.
Old 03-03-2008, 11:48 PM   #273
monkeyboy666

Yup, I noticed the swirly scratches on the stereo face too - until your post I assumed that I had done them while cleaning it - which seemed odd since I've only ever just wiped it with a lint-free cloth.

I also have the faint B-pillar scratches, which again I thought were caused by me being heavy handed with the sponge when washing it... Given that they are a really glossy black finish I'm a bit worried how they will look after some time out in the day to day environment, with all those scratchy things.

On a slightly different note while we are doing that "has this happenned to you..." thing - occasionally my power windows (once the passenger front, twice the drivers) refused to stay up when I closed them - they closed then immediately opened to halfway - I assume as they would if something was trapped in them, though there was nothing there. Each time it took a few goes to convince them to stay up...
monkeyboy666 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-03-2008, 12:41 AM   #274
Superoo
Mondeo TDCi / BA XR6T

I guarantee neither of us caused the swirls. I'm really careful when washing the car with a lambswool mitt and my 5 year old BA is evidence of that (ask my wife...) I've only touched the stereo with a lint free cloth used for cleaning glasses and even then it was hardly even a wipe to get rid of some dust. I agree that the long term wear of these surfaces is a concern.

Can't say the windows have given me any issues but my drivers side electric mirror won't adjust most of the time.
Old 04-03-2008, 09:45 AM   #275
buts44
Starter Motor

Default Exhaust Tips

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearass
Finally got around to getting the tips changed.
Hopefully picking up my new XR5 later this month (after the boat comes in!) and like the exhaust tips. Did you just have the others cut off?
buts44 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-03-2008, 05:36 PM   #276
scribbly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty1
I'm still waiting on rear mud spats, carpets, a bonnet protector and a towbar. Takes a long time to get stuff.

Did over 800 kms over the weekend, and average 6.5l/100kms. Pretty decent.
Dusty, what was your quote on the towbar?
This is what I just got from the dealer for my soon to be delivered Mondeo...

The kit should be available at start of April also and that it consists of Tow Bar, Wiring Kit (including a computer module for when towing with your parking sensors),
A Load Levelling Kit also for the heavy duty version.
Heavy Duty should be $980 fitted (1600 kg)
Std Duty should be $830 fitted (1200 kg)
scribbly is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-03-2008, 06:13 PM   #277
zetec
Zoom Zoom

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyboy666
Yup, I noticed the swirly scratches on the stereo face too - until your post I assumed that I had done them while cleaning it - which seemed odd since I've only ever just wiped it with a lint-free cloth.

I also have the faint B-pillar scratches, which again I thought were caused by me being heavy handed with the sponge when washing it... Given that they are a really glossy black finish I'm a bit worried how they will look after some time out in the day to day environment, with all those scratchy things.

On a slightly different note while we are doing that "has this happenned to you..." thing - occasionally my power windows (once the passenger front, twice the drivers) refused to stay up when I closed them - they closed then immediately opened to halfway - I assume as they would if something was trapped in them, though there was nothing there. Each time it took a few goes to convince them to stay up...
I had the same power window issue with a borrowed XR5 Turbo. It wouldn't stay up, I think there's some sort of spike in the anti-trap circuit, casuing it to think it is hitting something. You have to manually hold the button and let go just at the right time. I eventually went away, but very strange.
Old 04-03-2008, 07:21 PM   #278
bearass
FG XR8

Quote:
Originally Posted by buts44
Hopefully picking up my new XR5 later this month (after the boat comes in!) and like the exhaust tips. Did you just have the others cut off?
Yep, had them done at exhaust shop $88 all up.
Old 05-03-2008, 09:19 AM   #279
Dusty1
Giddy up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyboy666
Happens often to me. I find the global lock will not always shut all the windows too. That's pretty annoying. Worse is the window going up, bouncing back and staying about half way up. I thought a fly or something had gotten in the way.
Dusty1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-03-2008, 11:30 AM   #280
ajay1940

Quote:
Originally Posted by scribbly
Dusty, what was your quote on the towbar?
This is what I just got from the dealer for my soon to be delivered Mondeo...

Std Duty should be $830 fitted (1200 kg)
$830 , I wonder if they knew that when they threw the tow pack in as a deal clincher back in October!
ajay1940 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-03-2008, 11:55 AM   #281
phoonfan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay1940
$830 , I wonder if they knew that when they threw the tow pack in as a deal clincher back in October!
Yes ajay! i knew! _2:
phoonfan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-03-2008, 01:58 PM   #282
scribbly

I put $500 aside for the towbar but I reckon the load leveler is a good idea given the FWD factor. For the extra $150 I'll be definitely going the 1600 kg option.
Old 05-03-2008, 04:33 PM   #283
Dusty1
Giddy up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoonfan
Yes ajay! i knew! _2:
I briefly saw the confidential dealer bulletin about the tow bar. So you've probably got it by now, you must have an idea about final costs.
Old 07-03-2008, 01:12 AM   #284
Superoo
Mondeo TDCi / BA XR6T

Has anyone who took up the euro plate offer from Ford received the rebate as yet? Still waiting for mine 2 months after delivery.
Old 07-03-2008, 12:02 PM   #285
Dusty1
Giddy up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superoo
Has anyone who took up the euro plate offer from Ford received the rebate as yet? Still waiting for mine 2 months after delivery.
What's the rebate? Here in Vic, the dealer organised the plates for me. I didn't have to spend any cash at all.
Old 07-03-2008, 01:59 PM   #286
Superoo
Mondeo TDCi / BA XR6T

My dealer (also VIC) told me that I pay upfront and then Ford refund the amount. Showed me all the paperwork they had to do on delivery to organise the rebate. This should be interesting....
Old 07-03-2008, 04:17 PM   #287
scribbly

When I first got my Territory back in 2004 (trading to Mondeo this year) I got the offer of the travel pod. The offer was if I got the car before Xmas the pod would be thrown in on the purchase. The dealer just put zero dollars against the sales docket. It doesn't seem right that you have to be initially out of pocket to get the same sort of deal as back then. used:
Old 07-03-2008, 05:57 PM   #288
Dusty1
Giddy up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superoo
My dealer (also VIC) told me that I pay upfront and then Ford refund the amount. Showed me all the paperwork they had to do on delivery to organise the rebate. This should be interesting....
I paid rego, but I didn't pay for the Euro plates. Perhaps you weren't one of the first 250 registered? That's the only reason I could think of why you'd have to pay for the plates.
Old 07-03-2008, 11:19 PM   #289
buts44
Starter Motor

I am starting to disbelieve dealers - I know thats hard to imagine!!! I was supposed to be getting my new XR5 in a little over a week, dealer rings me today and says that there has been some industrial dispute, and my car has been delayed and is not on the boat due in I believe on monday. Says no problem he is on it and should be able to source it for me by 10am monday.

Why dont I believe him!!

I can hear him now "its not in black, and it doesnt have blue tooth but I can get it by friday!!!

They will tell you anything to get your order!
Old 07-03-2008, 11:54 PM   #290
TheColonel

Well your dealer is correct about the industrial action at least there have been on and off strikes at the Genk plant for the last couple of months...

read about it here: http://www.fordmondeo.org/forum/show...d/764314/tp/1/
Old 07-03-2008, 11:58 PM   #291
buts44
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheColonel
Well your dealer is correct about the industrial action at least there have been on and off strikes at the Genk plant for the last couple of months...

read about it here: http://www.fordmondeo.org/forum/show...d/764314/tp/1/
Well at least I know he is speaking the truth about the industrial action - would have thought he would have know a lot earlier then now that the car is not on the boat. :
Old 08-03-2008, 12:22 AM   #292
TheColonel

yes indeed, do you have the sido for the car? that's how dealers track the cars allocated to them, one of the lovely dealers around the forum might be able to find out exactly where your car is if that is the case....
Old 19-03-2008, 06:11 PM   #293
scribbly

Don't break the windscreen on the Mondeo.
$1000 to replace (because of the wipers sensors I would imagine).
Old 19-03-2008, 07:10 PM   #294
jared79
Sock Puppets

Dang it, I was intending to break mine this afternoon. Now I am going to have to find something else to do with my time. hehe. Just kidding, $1000, that's steap. I have windscreen insurance with my car insurance. I wonder if they know how much it costs. Ouch.

Ford Mondeo Zetec Hatch in Blue Ambition
jared79 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-03-2008, 09:18 PM   #295
scribbly

I thought the same (about insurance). I'm not going to tell them. :Up_to_som
Old 20-03-2008, 09:46 AM   #296
Dusty1
Giddy up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scribbly
Don't break the windscreen on the Mondeo.
$1000 to replace (because of the wipers sensors I would imagine).
Does anyone know if it is possible to put the windscreen insurance onto an existing policy? I'm with AAMI, an after seeing that I am thinking very hard about doing it.
Old 21-03-2008, 12:43 AM   #297
jared79
Sock Puppets

Doesn't hurt to ask I guess. Hope they don't know that it's 1K for a windscreen. Don't know why they would though, unless someone else has already claimed it through AAMI. It would suck to be them if they have.

Old 22-03-2008, 01:45 PM   #298
Dusty1
Giddy up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jared79
Doesn't hurt to ask I guess. Hope they don't know that it's 1K for a windscreen. Don't know why they would though, unless someone else has already claimed it through AAMI. It would suck to be them if they have.

Thanks Jared, I'll give them a call on Tuesday.
Old 24-03-2008, 09:52 PM   #299
micktorr2000
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty1
Happens often to me. I find the global lock will not always shut all the windows too. That's pretty annoying. Worse is the window going up, bouncing back and staying about half way up. I thought a fly or something had gotten in the way.
I'm not sure if anyone has tried setting the global open and close for the power windows. I had to set them before I could get the windows to work properly. Put the windows fully down then up and hold the button for 3 seconds after it hits the top. You may have to try this several times and you will be able to hear a click when it has been set. I hope this helps.
micktorr2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-03-2008, 09:56 PM   #300
jared79
Sock Puppets

My Bounce back doesn't even work.