Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 20-08-2012, 09:44 PM   #1
mourati

Default MC Mondeo Titanium Black Box Recorder

Hi there all,

I too am part of the new wave of a Ford Mondeo Titanium Wagons and boy is this one great car!

The performance is up too also every since the Tuning Box - highly recommended!

Have a question in relation to the front mounted camera in the windscreen - does anyone one whether it can be modified so it can act as a recorder on what other road users in front are doing just in case some back luck happens and you're able to record it?

I see that BlackVue sell a black box car recorder so thought that since camera is already there if anyone has had any luck in complimenting a feature that is already in play.

Thanks to all for reading and hopefully someone has had some luck with this

mourati is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-08-2012, 09:53 PM   #2
Batman105E

Default Re: MC Mondeo Titanium Black Box Recorder

Windscreen mounted camera? Where is it?

Are you sure it's not the sensor for the auto wipers?
Batman105E is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-08-2012, 10:06 PM   #3
mourati

Hey there,

There is a camera mounted on the front of the windscreen not to be confused with the rain sensing wipers - this is only fitted to Titanium Mondeo's - MC range. Can't miss it looking front on midway windscreen
Old 20-08-2012, 10:36 PM   #4
Batman105E

I haven't been able to find any info on cameras on the MC Titanium...

I have a late MB, which has rain sensing wipers. The sensor is a black attachment on the windscreen near the rear view mirror.

Can you take a photo of the camera and post it up so we can see it?
Batman105E is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-08-2012, 10:59 PM   #5
ope126
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hey mate, welcome to the forums.
On the Titanium there are few driver aids and I believe the Camera is mounted under the rain sensor for the LDW (lane departure warning).

Some of the aids include; BLIS (blind spot information system); LDW (lane departure warning); Driver Alert; Collision Mitigation; ACC (adaptive cruise control); Auto High Beam on/off; ASLD (automatic speed limiting device).
Old 22-08-2012, 12:57 AM   #6
mourati

Thanks for the welcome note ope126; cheers and great to be here.

Also you're absolutely correct with all the additional features this car has its amazing - Merc quality and spec'd out.

Anyone have any luck / info whether this camera can aid via a recorder of some sort? Black box recorder for cars!
Old 22-08-2012, 09:48 AM   #7
whitetdci

I really think that a black box recorder would be a great idea as there are so many squirrels on the rd that don't know how to drive. I have had two accidents where people have not kept to their lanes, one on a roundabout (who would have thought eh?) where people have argued point blank they were in the right. They don't have a leg to stand on when you tell them that you have in car video. Still considering these but it is a worthy item to have on board and could save you a heap of excess on your insurance policy.
whitetdci is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-08-2012, 11:11 AM   #8
3Toed
The Smoking Sloth™

You want a BlackVue DR400G HD. I found out about them by chance on another forum and this was the most recommended one. Bought mine from here for around AU$230 delivered from Korea. Came with the latest English firmware and English PDF manual on CD. Mine came with a 16 GB Samsung micro SD card but after a while I started getting errors with it so I did some tests and found part of it to be faulty so I bought a couple of 32 GB SanDisks and haven't had trouble since.

This thing is awesome. It has built in GPS and a G-sensor, and the included app (Windows and Android) can play the video as well as plotting your route on Google maps. The date, time and speed (according to GPS) is also overlayed on the video. I don't have any video to share but you can find samples on the product website and on YouTube.

There's a Version II of it available now that apparently has a sharper lens and better compression for a longer recording time. I'm thinking of getting a second one to put on my back window.
Amen Brother.
3Toed is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-08-2012, 11:28 PM   #9
mourati

Thanks - sounds very good. I'm assuming its stuck to your front windscreen no different to the e-Tag / road toll device? May consider is an option if I run out of luck with the integrated camera that's already there. I mean I like the fact that there is already something in place - just need to find a way to make it work like this Blackvue recorder? Any other sites / forums i could enquire via? Eg the UK sites? Which ones? Thanks
Old 24-08-2012, 12:48 AM   #10
Dusty1
Giddy up!

Talkford.com.

Go to the Mondeo forum, there's heaps of info on there, someon will know if it's possible or not.
Previous:
Oct 07 built Mondeo TDCi hatch, Stardust Silver, bluetooth, leather, tow pack, sunroof.
Dusty1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-08-2012, 01:19 AM   #11
apstar
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by mourati
Thanks - sounds very good. I'm assuming its stuck to your front windscreen no different to the e-Tag / road toll device?
1. What happens when the camera is facing the sun.
2. No night time recording as there are no IR sensors around lens
3. On show for someone to nick!
4. Most accidents happen during rain needs clear view NOT where wipers don't cover e.g. near rearview mirror
5. 2M pixels lens!! my Smartphone/Tablet has 8M pixels

apstar
apstar is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post