Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 22-12-2017, 03:54 PM   #151
malazn mafia
Boss 335

Default Re: Crypto $$$

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggle Piggle View Post
Weird reading about people taking so long to get approved. I entered basic details (email and password) then did a spam-bot thing where I had to pick squares that had vehicles in them.

Passed that, got sent an email to validate. Clicked the link to validate and it took me to a page to enter my personal details (name, date of birth, address, phone) then a further page for further validation. Entered only my SA driver's licence, was formally validated within 10 seconds and account created.

Deposited $400 into BTC Market account using POLi from my Bankwest account, which required entering a code sent to me via SMS...it took about 2-3 minutes for it to hit my BTC Market account.

Then I grabbed some Ripples. All up it took between 10-15 minutes from no account at all to an account with ripples in it.
Did you have to do the retarded selfie verification?
malazn mafia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-12-2017, 04:53 PM   #152
ford71V8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by malazn mafia View Post
He's post says he only entered in his SA license number, which is the only verification I needed to enter also
ford71V8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-12-2017, 04:55 PM   #153
PHATAL
Donating Member
Donating Member1

I did SA license number and then medicare card.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

XF Falcon S Update EFI - SOLD
EL2 XR8 - SOLD
BF F6 RSPEC #139 - SOLD
Now rocking the SZ Territory Titanium Petrol Family Beast
PHATAL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-12-2017, 05:03 PM   #154
NTF6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ford71V8 View Post
He's post says he only entered in his SA license number, which is the only verification I needed to enter also

I did drivers licence as well, it created my account but then said a letter with a validation code had been sent.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 22-12-2017, 05:04 PM   #155
PHATAL
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTF6 View Post
I did drivers licence as well, it created my account but then said a letter with a validation code had been sent.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
That hapoened to me on the first attempt.

EL2 XR8 - SOLD
BF F6 RSPEC #139 - SOLD
Old 22-12-2017, 05:14 PM   #156
Lunch
Wait, what?

Just vic drivers license for me
Lunch is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-12-2017, 05:30 PM   #157
NTF6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHATAL View Post
That hapoened to me on the first attempt.

It’s a **** website, go to my account and it says 100% verified, go to ID Authentication and it says 2 steps out of 3 completed and pending verification. Verify ID and on the 3rd party page it says finished, rubbish website. I sent an email 2 days ago, no reply. They’ve lost me for having a crap website alone. It was easier to verify my westpac share trading account with just one email than this rubbish and I traded over 250k with them.
Old 22-12-2017, 05:48 PM   #158
Iggle Piggle
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by malazn mafia View Post
Nope, just SA licence number (but I do look retarded in my licence photo).

There is another site I lookeed at - CoinSpot - that does ask for stupid photo of you holding sign, so did not go with them.

Even though I have bugger all compared to the real 'ballers', I'm considering name change to Ripple Piggle
Iggle Piggle is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 22-12-2017, 06:28 PM   #159
PHATAL
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Just took the plunge. Not as low as I would have liked and been comfortable with but just couldn't take the waiting any longer. We shall see. Even if it tanks this has been interesting as.

EL2 XR8 - SOLD
BF F6 RSPEC #139 - SOLD
2 users like this post:
Old 22-12-2017, 06:40 PM   #160
Lunch
Wait, what?

Currently looking at moving my crypto to a temporary hot wallet while I make a decision on a cold wallet, should I bother or just leave it in the exchange until I get a cold wallet?
Old 22-12-2017, 06:40 PM   #161
Lukeyson
Right out sideways

#Siacoin
Old 22-12-2017, 08:02 PM   #162
aussiblue
FG XR6 Ute & Sedan
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Has been floating around the oze tech section for a long time and is always there to give advice when people have an issue. 

https://www.perthnow.com.au/business...22%2F12%2F2017

Quote:
Bitcoin’s $US6000 dive as panic selling sparks bear market fall

Gareth Costa, PerthNow
December 22, 2017 12:16PM
BITCOIN mania has been dealt a heavy blow today with the world’s favourite speculative “asset” crashing $US6000, or 33 per cent from its record high to $US13,280.

In nominal terms the latest correction in the bitcoin bull market rally is double previous falls, which means much greater nominal cash losses for those late to the speculative frenzy.

Bitcoin peaked at $US19,666 four days ago, but it has entered a fully fledged bear-market correction with a $US3000 loss alone today after crashing through technical support levels.

The sell-off has accelerated as the short-lived price premium seen in bitcoin futures tumbled, leaving the CME futures price in line with the bitcoin spot price.

Signs of panic set in today amid numerous reports of people struggling to sell their cryptocurrency holdings on exchanges where transaction volume levels are nowhere near those on equity market exchanges.

Writing on Twitter, respected technical analyst Peter Brandt said the “bubble has been popped” after the bitcoin price broke below the the steep trend-line in place since December 13.

Support was expected around $US13,000, and if that level broke it could fall to $US8000.

But putting the fall into perspective, the price has only retreated back to levels first hit on December 12, and it was still up about 1480 per cent over the past year.

Most other cryptocurrencies have also fallen, with etherium down almost 19 per cent as broad selling set-in ahead of the Christmas long weekend when making hard currency payments for crypto currencies will be difficult.

The fastest growing bubble in history began faltering this week with heavy selling in Asian time following news five South Korean exchanges had been hacked.
Old 22-12-2017, 08:18 PM   #163
aussiblue
FG XR6 Ute & Sedan
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Has been floating around the oze tech section for a long time and is always there to give advice when people have an issue. 

http://www.businessinsider.com/bitco...-12/?r=AU&IR=T

Reminds me of the exotic banking financial instruments that were a significant factor the last (2007-2009) financial crisis in the US

Quote:
Bitcoin could trigger the next financial crisis
Cryptocurrencies could trigger the next financial crisis if they become a systemic risk to the financial system, according to one cryptocurrency expert.
Although cryptocurrencies do not yet pose this risk to the system, if they become more widely embraced they could be destabilising.
The lack of reliable investment advice about cryptocurrencies could also cause many investors to "get hurt."

LONDON — Cryptocurrencies could trigger the next financial crisis if they become a systemic risk to the financial system, a cryptocurrency expert has said.

A growing range of financial institutions are expressing interest in cryptocurrencies, such as bitcoin and ethereum. But in what is a fast moving situation, they could become "systemically important" to the point of posing a "systemic risk," according to Garrick Hileman, an economic historian at the University of Cambridge told Business Insider.

To date, said Hileman, "there haven't been enough people who hold them [cryptocurrencies] or institutions that own them, or enough credit or leverage used. Having said that, I can imagine scenarios — although I'm not predicting this — where they do become systemically important," he said.

Bitcoin has soared in value this year, rising over 1,000% against the dollar so far. This has prompted both increased interest and concern from investors and financial executives. EU and UK authorities are planning to crack down on bitcoin as concerns grow that cryptocurrencies are being used to facilitate financial crimes and launder money.

Were there to be another crash, said Hileman, it's possible there would be an even greater backlash against traditional banks than after 2008 — in the wake of which bitcoin was first developed — and cryptocurrencies could be even more widely embraced.

But, as a growing range of financial institutions enter the space, cryptocurrencies could also "trigger" the next crisis. Indicative of change, said Hileman, "we're seeing more hedge funds come into the space," and new investments such as a bitcoin futures market emerge.

A survey published on Tuesday by the Centre for Macroeconomics found the predominant view among economists is cryptocurrencies do not yet pose such a risk, because they are "too small and too detached from other financial markets."

But integration with more traditional financial markets is "starting to happen," said Hileman, and things are "moving very quickly."

Not only could cryptocurrencies threaten stability, said Hileman, they could also "exacerbate" the next crisis.

"You can now exit [traditional banking systems] relatively easily into something that is disconnected, and that could exacerbate a crisis," he said.

One crucial problem, said Hileman, is the lack of reliable information about the value of cryptocurrencies. The existence of "pump and dump" scams, where traders artificially inflate prices at investors' expense, is problematic, and this is compounded by the fact that valuation models "are still being developed."

"There's a fear of missing out — who can you trust is a difficult question," he said. This is an area that needs significant attention, said Hileman, or "a lot of people are going to get hurt."
Old 22-12-2017, 11:18 PM   #164
Trendseeker

The Long Island Iced Tea Company changed its name to Long Blockchain and their share price jumped 289% in a day. The company has nothing to do with block chain or bitcoin, but the punters rushed in anyway.
http://www.smh.com.au/business/marke...21-p4yxz8.html
Old 23-12-2017, 01:32 AM   #165
PHATAL
Donating Member
Donating Member1

It is low again now. Bah should have waited!

EL2 XR8 - SOLD
BF F6 RSPEC #139 - SOLD
Old 23-12-2017, 07:39 AM   #166
Sioso
irregular member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHATAL View Post
It is low again now. Bah should have waited!

I know waiting for money to clear is a pain.
I sent a Bpay payment a few days ago and it still isn't in there, I wanted to put in a low offer on XRP over the Christmas break and hopefully get some more at a good price.
Sioso is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-12-2017, 08:16 AM   #167
mr smith
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Can hear it deflating...are you people really that gullible? This will never be mainstream, it is fighting the house and in all gambling the house always wins.
mr smith is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-12-2017, 08:37 AM   #168
Outbackjack
Central to all beach's

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr smith View Post
Can hear it deflating...are you people really that gullible? This will never be mainstream, it is fighting the house and in all gambling the house always wins.
Deflating? Its gone up by $2,260 in the last 12 hours. Thats bitcoin, but I agree that BTC has probably had its day. How much have you researched crypto's?
Old 23-12-2017, 09:47 AM   #169
Lunch
Wait, what?

Gullible has nothing to do with it, ask yourself this, what if something ends up being worth $100 and you had the opportunity to get a handful when they were $1? Turning $10 into $1000 for doing nothing, that’s $10 I’m prepared to risk, imagine this, the guy standing next to you spent that $10 and you didn’t.
Old 23-12-2017, 10:24 AM   #170
PHATAL
Donating Member
Donating Member1

So I have been watching the price fluctuate over the last week. From what I have seen it looks like the price peaks around noonish and then the lowest is around 1 to 2 am (SA time).

So blokes what is your thoughts on this? Would it be a reasonable plan to say wait until the equity has increased by 20% then sell that additional 20%. Then wait until 1 am and then buy again at a lower price.

Would that then increase your total XRP thus creating more equity?

Obviously this would only work if the unstable trend keeps happening. Thoughts?

EL2 XR8 - SOLD
BF F6 RSPEC #139 - SOLD
Old 23-12-2017, 10:35 AM   #171
mr smith
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

This stuff is worthless.
I have 20 painted rocks and that is all that will ever be made, can you give me $10000 for them?

Good work scamming the new players if you got in early but pyramid schemes have existed since the beginning of money.
mr smith is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-12-2017, 10:40 AM   #172
PHATAL
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Quote:
This stuff is worthless.
I have 20 painted rocks and that is all that will ever be made, can you give me $10000 for them?

Good work scamming the new players if you got in early but pyramid schemes have existed since the beginning of money.
Could be right. Could be wrong. Either way this gives me something to play with for a little while.

EL2 XR8 - SOLD
BF F6 RSPEC #139 - SOLD
Old 23-12-2017, 10:54 AM   #173
Lunch
Wait, what?

I have thought about that as I’ve noticed that same pattern but for me to do it, I’d have to be confident I could buy back in close to or lower than my initial price, which I’m not, plus every buy/sell costs a % to conduct so you would have to be sure that the margin covers fee’s or you’ll be going backwards..
Another question I’ve yet to figure out is, for example, if you do sell high ( A ) and buy back in low ( B ) but not as low as the initial buy in ( C ) slightly increasing your holdings, is it better?

A: $1.60
B: $1.30
C: $1.10

Is 1.2 @ $1.30 better than 1 @ $1.10

To make 100% on $1.10 you only need $2.20 but on $1.30 you need $2.60 and so on...
Old 23-12-2017, 10:58 AM   #174
NTF6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunch View Post
Currently looking at moving my crypto to a temporary hot wallet while I make a decision on a cold wallet, should I bother or just leave it in the exchange until I get a cold wallet?

Don’t leave it on the exchange.
Old 23-12-2017, 11:04 AM   #175
fordomatic
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Quote:
This stuff is worthless.

worthless, tell that to people that have cashed out and made a mint. I personally know someone who cashed out yesterday from alts at 350k from 7k invested a year ago. Now he waits for BTC to go back up and wallah, 220k after tax when BTC goes back up to 20k aussie, all for 7k. Gotta be in it to win it mate, no rich person ever became rich from not taking risks, but they all have a diverse portfolio. Spend what you can afford to lose and have fun.
fordomatic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 23-12-2017, 11:21 AM   #176
Outbackjack
Central to all beach's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunch View Post
I have thought about that as I’ve noticed that same pattern but for me to do it, I’d have to be confident I could buy back in close to or lower than my initial price, which I’m not, plus every buy/sell costs a % to conduct so you would have to be sure that the margin covers fee’s or you’ll be going backwards..
Another question I’ve yet to figure out is, for example, if you do sell high ( A ) and buy back in low ( B ) but not as low as the initial buy in ( C ) slightly increasing your holdings, is it better?

A: $1.60
B: $1.30
C: $1.10

Is 1.2 @ $1.30 better than 1 @ $1.10

To make 100% on $1.10 you only need $2.20 but on $1.30 you need $2.60 and so on...
Thats called trading. There are people that make a living from it. Its risky but can be very profitable. You really need to know what you are doing as well. Its too hard for me. I plan to just buy and sit. Its a five year plan.
This user likes this post:
Old 23-12-2017, 11:22 AM   #177
Outbackjack
Central to all beach's

Quote:
This stuff is worthless.

How much crypto research have you done?
Old 23-12-2017, 11:34 AM   #178
Trump
bitch lasagne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outbackjack View Post
How much crypto research have you done?
It isn't that people have an issue with the technology behind the blockchain and crypto currencies, it is the extremely speculative nature of trade in altcoins that has people working themselves into a tizzy, on both sides of the fence. No amount of research will be able to bring sanity to the market, only a wipeout can do that.

Scaled Business Solutions
For Your Small Business IT Needs
Trump is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 23-12-2017, 12:20 PM   #179
Outbackjack
Central to all beach's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trump View Post
It isn't that people have an issue with the technology behind the blockchain and crypto currencies, it is the extremely speculative nature of trade in altcoins that has people working themselves into a tizzy, on both sides of the fence. No amount of research will be able to bring sanity to the market, only a wipeout can do that.
Thats true. I have never invested in crypto coins before ripple. I have always gone down the property route. But if anyone spent just half an hour reading the facts about ripple they would see that it is probably the safest crypto to invest in. And its a bit of fun, espaecially now that I have taken all my initial money out. I have nothing to loose and everything to gain. I hope that everyone here can eventually do the same.
2 users like this post:
Old 23-12-2017, 05:40 PM   #180
Mercury Bullet
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Ripple down 7% in the last 24 hours.

176 billion lost in all crypto in the last 24 hours.
Bitcoin dropped from over $20,000 high to under $10,000 before rebounding slightly.

Korean exchange has been shut down for good after being hacked again.

It reeks of a pyramid scheme to me. Some might be lucky and get out in time.

2016 Falcon XR8. Powered by the legend that is - David Winter.
XC Cobra #181.
1985 Mack Superliner, CAT 3408, 24 speed Allison.
Mercury Bullet is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post