Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 14-05-2012, 07:15 PM   #1
GJMitchell
Starter Motor

Default MC Wagon Boot Liner

I have a 2012 Mondeo Zetec Wagon on order for the wife and was looking at boot liners to protect the floor from the dogs.

The Ford Australia accessory page shows the same part number for both the wagon and the hatch: http://www.ford.com.au/cars/mondeo/a...ries/interior#
Comments with the photos seem to indicate the liner is for the hatch only

Ford Parts UK has different part numbers for hatch, sedan and wagon: http://www.fordpartsuk.com/shop/ford...3065_c_228.htm
I don't think the photo shown with the part is for the wagon liner.

Does anyone have any experience or comments regarding the fit of the genuine Ford Australia boot liner for the Mondeo Wagons? Are there any non-genuine liners available in Aus?

GJMitchell is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-05-2012, 11:14 PM   #2
naddis01
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

Default Re: MC Wagon Boot Liner

Maybe ask these guys if they have anything.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Ford-Falc...item19d0deeb01

There are always non genuine ones on fleabay. Just depends if they have on to suit the Mondeo.
naddis01 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-05-2012, 07:19 AM   #3
GJMitchell
Starter Motor

Hi Naddis,

thanks, couldn't find anything on their website for the Mondy but have sent them a mail... Have also looked around the Aus fleabay site and again, not much for the mondeo. It doesn't seem to be very well supported in the Australian market (plenty of stuff on UK sites).

Thanks,
GM
Old 15-05-2012, 10:51 AM   #4
whitelion65
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I have the genuine item.

When carrying the dogs, I use another liner, as the Ford one just covers the floor. We use crates in the back, incidentally. I have a liner with a flap that covers the bumper, to stop those dreaded scratch marks.

I could post a pic if you are interested.
Steve
whitelion65 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-05-2012, 11:21 AM   #5
GJMitchell
Starter Motor

Hi Steve,

yes, if you could post photos and details it would be much appreciated. If I am reading correctly you have both the genuine and an aftermarket version? Can you send details of both?

Thanks,
Grant
Old 15-05-2012, 02:14 PM   #6
whitelion65
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Photos of wagon boot liner attached. Note that it is only a flat carpet, and only just covers the carpeted area of the boot.
In my Berlina wagon, I have a plastic tub style liner that deals with all kinds of catastrophes.
The other liner I am using in the Mondeo ATM comes from a Focus wagon (European model). It is teh same style of liner, but has a flap at the back to cover the bumper for loading / unloading.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC_0448.JPG (44.8 KB, 100 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_0449.JPG (42.2 KB, 99 views)
whitelion65 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-05-2012, 09:13 AM   #7
b.e.l
Starter Motor

Just to confuse things a little bit more, I bought the rubber mat (the one with the lip) that is pictured in the accessory listings when I picked up My MC Titanium wagon.
The part number on the invoice reads AM7S7 JN45456 AA, even though there is an extra number and a changed letter I'm pretty sure that the part number shown everywhere is for the wagon.
I seem to remember a post regarding wagon vs hatch mats some time ago.
b.e.l is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-05-2012, 09:48 AM   #8
GJMitchell
Starter Motor

Now I'm really confused... The brochure for the Mondeo lists the boot liner as for hatch only...
Old 19-05-2012, 01:35 PM   #9
Dusty1
Giddy up!

Get onto the Euro forum Talkford.com and see what they can recommend. Or ask Mr Google, he'll have an answer. And you will probably be able to get it cheaper than going thru Ford.
Previous:
Oct 07 built Mondeo TDCi hatch, Stardust Silver, bluetooth, leather, tow pack, sunroof.
Dusty1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-05-2012, 05:41 PM   #10
pear069
Starter Motor

SupaCheap has rubber boot liners branded "SCA",found this to be a very good fit for my MC wagon, Cost $30.00.One small gripe,new car smell has has been replaced with new tyre smell.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC03069.JPG (80.2 KB, 105 views)
pear069 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-05-2012, 08:50 PM   #11
JimStone

Quote:
Originally Posted by pear069
SupaCheap has rubber boot liners branded "SCA",found this to be a very good fit for my MC wagon, Cost $30.00.One small gripe,new car smell has has been replaced with new tyre smell.
Went the same route with my Hatch only I hung mine over a set of sawhorses out in thhe sun for three weeks or so - no more new tyre smell
JimStone is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-08-2014, 06:59 PM   #12
Territory2014
Diesel virgin

Exclamation MC Wagon Boot Liner correct part number

The correct part number is AM7S7JN45456AA
Territory2014 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-09-2014, 10:12 PM   #13
ope126
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: MC Wagon Boot Liner correct part number

Quote:
Originally Posted by Territory2014 View Post
The correct part number is AM7S7JN45456AA
That is correct!
I just purchased one for my Wagon on Friday and that was on the invoice. Thanks for the tip on the correct part number.
Old 21-09-2014, 10:17 PM   #14
Territory2014
Diesel virgin

My pleasure
Territory2014 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post