Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 08-12-2019, 06:07 PM   #31
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Default Re: Ford workers break their silence on faulty transmissions: 'My hands are dirty. I feel horrible'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Cozzo View Post
Interestingly enough yours was a wet clutch DSG car too from memory
Don't know what happened with mine Damo.

Bought near new as a demo from Ford, Ford serviced the entire time till I found after the 60k km service that they had NEVER checked the air filter ONCE even though the filter was meant to be checked each service and at the 60K one I was charged for a new one that was never installed.

They refunded the service, did it again and did something to the intake side of things (clean) to make me happy.

Only problem was, when my car was returned it violently shook the entire body every time I shut down the engine.

They couldn't find the fault and fix it, and I wasn't paying an expert diesel mechanic thousands to try and root out the cause.

Sold it way too soon for way too big a loss.

Currently drive an i30 diesel wagon that had more space, uses less fuel and is cheaper to service and maintain. Oh and it's a manual

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 08-12-2019, 08:55 PM   #32
Syndrome
Ford screwed the Falcon

Default Re: Ford workers break their silence on faulty transmissions: 'My hands are dirty. I feel horrible'

Shocking culture which was also present at FoA. There was no warranty agreement between ZF and FoA for the 6-speed auto because of disagreements between the two organisations. In the end ZF was proven right when transmission coolers started failing en masse causing very expensive transmissions to fail.

My cars

Current ride
2016 FG X XR6 - 6 speed manual

Previous rides
2009 FG XR6 - 6 speed auto
2006 BF MkII XT ESP - 6 speed auto
2003 BA XT V8 - 5 speed manual
1999 AU Forte - 5 speed manual
1997 EL Fairmont - 4 speed auto
1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia - 4 speed auto
Syndrome is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-12-2019, 09:42 PM   #33
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syndrome View Post
Shocking culture which was also present at FoA. There was no warranty agreement between ZF and FoA for the 6-speed auto because of disagreements between the two organisations. In the end ZF was proven right when transmission coolers started failing en masse causing very expensive transmissions to fail.
Wasn't the same thing happening to the BTR as well on BA/BF?
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-12-2019, 09:45 PM   #34
hayseed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor 57 View Post
Ford have a history of dodgy stuff, it goes back a long way - look a Pinto, GT-40 to name a couple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syndrome View Post
Serves them right for being a can't of a company. Take them to the cleaners I say.
Ford weaseling out of their Warranty obligations have cost FoMoCo a huge amount of Goodwill over the Years.. IMHO
hayseed is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-12-2019, 02:26 PM   #35
DMXR6T

Had a Fiesta and a Focus with Power Shift in our company. Focus is now around 7 years old/80,000KM and no problems with transmission and service has been fine. Fiesta soled after 100,000KM/5 years and also no problems. Have XR6 Sprint and no dramas and service has been good. Fantastic car that I will keep a long time.

I did tell staff driving Focus & Fiesta not to hold the cars on hills with auto - use brake so no clutch slippage/heat build up.
DMXR6T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-12-2019, 04:59 PM   #36
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMXR6T View Post
Had a Fiesta and a Focus with Power Shift in our company. Focus is now around 7 years old/80,000KM and no problems with transmission and service has been fine. Fiesta soled after 100,000KM/5 years and also no problems. Have XR6 Sprint and no dramas and service has been good. Fantastic car that I will keep a long time.

I did tell staff driving Focus & Fiesta not to hold the cars on hills with auto - use brake so no clutch slippage/heat build up.
Good advice.
I have been told that heat and clutch dust are the two biggest problems with the gearbox, so if they are doing more open style running and the clutches aren't worked hard, then probably OK. Little solace to owners expecting a regular auto experience I know but some vehicles seem to have less problems.
jpd80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post