Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 05-01-2011, 06:22 PM   #1
Budorat
Mondeo owner.... almost

Smile Ordered: 2011 MC Mondeo Zetec TDCi Hatch Frozen White

As the title suggests, I have just ordered a 2011 MC Mondeo Zetec TDCi Hatch Frozen White..... delivery date is 05 Feb 11.

I have to say I am pretty excited about getting the new car. We went with the Diesel because my current car (2010 Hyjndai ix35 Highlander) is a 2.0 l Turbo Diesel and is awesome on both power and fuel economy. The advertised fuel economy for the Zetec TDCi even beats my current advertised figures... Mondeo 6.2 L/100 v ix35 7.5L/100.

A few questions:

Does anyone know where to get a decent dash mat ? Ford apparently do not have a genuine accessory to buy.

Has anyone used a non-genuine Ipod USB/Aux cable such as the one found here ...

Has anyone found a decent reverse parking camera system ?
I found one here , but have no idea what they are like.

This is what is in my current car, I gotta say it rocks and has proven useful more than once. I used to have reverse parking sensors in my Rav 4 but did not trust them, might have something to do with them failing and my wife hitting another car.....

Thanks is advance for any advice I may receive.

Kev

Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_4112.JPG (24.3 KB, 73 views)
Old 05-01-2011, 06:34 PM   #2
apstar
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Does anyone know where to get a decent dash mat ? Ford apparently do not have a genuine accessory to buy.
I posted the name here a few years ago for the mat do a search!

as for the camera the wiring MAY be already in the car as its an option in UK & Europe again go to Ford UK website and see if its a option to buy good luck

apstar
apstar is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-01-2011, 08:35 PM   #3
Dusty1
Giddy up!

$15 for that cable has to be a good investment.
I think there was a thread on here about those cables also - search is your friend.
Previous:
Oct 07 built Mondeo TDCi hatch, Stardust Silver, bluetooth, leather, tow pack, sunroof.
Dusty1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-01-2011, 12:26 PM   #4
RicOz

Any ipod cable and aux cable should do, just make sure you have the iPod volume set to max.

Ford have a reverse review mirror camera on their website as an accessory for all Mondeos. Not sure about price or quailty of it though.

No offence but do you really need a dash mat? The plastic on the dash is soft touch and pretty good in Mondeo's. To me it ruins the look and rather 90s style but thats just me.
Old 06-01-2011, 03:46 PM   #5
gh172

Congratulations on your purchase Kev, exactly the same as mine.
Old 06-01-2011, 05:46 PM   #6
Dusty1
Giddy up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RicOz
Any ipod cable and aux cable should do, just make sure you have the iPod volume set to max.

Ford have a reverse review mirror camera on their website as an accessory for all Mondeos. Not sure about price or quailty of it though.

No offence but do you really need a dash mat? The plastic on the dash is soft touch and pretty good in Mondeo's. To me it ruins the look and rather 90s style but thats just me.
Be careful about stating your non-preference for the dashmat, there are some lovers of them on here (I'm with you on them).
Previous:
Oct 07 built Mondeo TDCi hatch, Stardust Silver, bluetooth, leather, tow pack, sunroof.
Old 06-01-2011, 07:41 PM   #7
Budorat
Mondeo owner.... almost

I have spoken to a few dealers re they reverse parking camera. While the latest brochure lists it as a standard option (which it is) when you speak to the dealers they tell you that they get it installed by company's such as Roof Rack City, car audio places etc. I have been given different options re the setup from different dealers and big differences in prices also (ranging from $700 to $1200). They all seem to be using different suppliers and models....

Started looking into tinting today while in Sydney. Went into one place. was quoted $275 installed..... when I mentioned the vehicle aerial is in the rear glass he said "you will just have a AM reception issue, that's all"... My response: "That aint going to help me listen to the cricket now will it?" then walker out.

Spoke to TintaCar, got a competitive quote for best protection, darkest legal etc for $325. He mentioned that they also install for the dealer I am getting the car through... but they use a different film which is better but only avail for dealers. Spoke to the dealer, he quoted $295 for the tint (done by TinaCar using the better film) .... sold !!!
Old 06-01-2011, 11:04 PM   #8
apstar
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by RicOz

None taken BUT think about 38 degs days with the sun beating down on your dash and think how hard your air-con has to work cooling it down the one I have seems to deflect harmful Ultra-Violet rays[from memory it mentioned resistance to heat due to the material used] and is VERY cool to touch on hot days

apstar
Old 06-01-2011, 11:39 PM   #9
mondo_broady
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

dude UV rays do not come through the glass. it's one of the properties of the glass... heat on the other hand...

New ride: 2010 LV Focus XR5 - Moondust Silver - More mods than you can poke a stick at
mondo_broady is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-01-2011, 11:44 PM   #10
apstar
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by mondo_broady
dude UV rays do not come through the glass. it's one of the properties of the glass... heat on the other hand...
From the manufacture:

Quote:
Sunland sets the standard in dashmat development with the Generation IIII Protex Dashmat backed by a lifetime warranty. Our dashmats are fully moulded to fit your dashboard exactly, including cars fitted with dash mounted passenger side air bags. They have been scientifically tested to reduce in car temperatures and improve air conditioner performance. They prevent dashboard discolouration & cracking by offering maximum protection from the sun’s damaging UV rays also reducing refection and glare given off by modern contoured dashboards.
apstar
Old 07-01-2011, 11:56 PM   #11
Budorat
Mondeo owner.... almost

Apstar,
Have checked out Sunland Dash Mats and they look good, thanks.
I will wait until I take delivery of the car to determine if I really need a dash mat.
Old 08-01-2011, 09:21 PM   #12
kevino
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

How did you find the IX35-did you like it.
kevino is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-01-2011, 09:37 PM   #13
In Focus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by mondo_broady
Actually, some UVA rays do get through. This is how on a long trip you can get burnt on your right arm even when the window is up.

Hers: 2020 Ford Puma JK: 1.0 Ecoboost 3-cylinder, 7-speed DCT in Frozen White.
In Focus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-01-2011, 10:23 PM   #14
Budorat
Mondeo owner.... almost

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevino
How did you find the IX35-did you like it.
We have the ix35 Higlander and I have absolutely loved it. It is my first diesel (2.0 lt 131 kw turbo diesel) and I have been impressed by both the performance and the fuel economy. A recent trip from Canberra to Sydney resulted in a fuel economy of 5.9 l/100 km.

I am looking forward to the Mondeo Zetec, but it will lack some of the features from the ix35 such as:
- heated seats
- rear view camera in rear view mirror
- auto dim rear vision mirror
- push button start
- all leather seats
- dual sun roof
- proximity key
- and a few other things

While I know most of these features are standard in the titanium, the additional price makes it difficult to justify.

My only complaint with the ix35 is the size. It is just not big enough on the inside, especially in the rear cargo area. We bought the ix35 in Mar 10 and have done over 26500 km in 9 months. The ONLY reason we are selling it is because it is not big enough now we have a baby on the way (I travel a lot and like to take lots of stuff eg Engel car fridge etc).

The Mondeo offers me the space I need. Before we settled on the Mondeo we arrived at the dealer with 3 large suitcases and the Engel fridge. We then tested the load carrying capacity and were amazed. My mate has a Mazda 6 hatch and it has loads of space, but the Mondeo hatch beats it hands down.

Kev
Old 05-02-2011, 10:06 AM   #15
Budorat
Mondeo owner.... almost

Hey guys, picked up the new car yesterday. I live in Canberra and got the car from Sydney, so had a great opportunity to get a few k's under my belt on first drive. I gotta say I love this car.

Am driving from Canberra to Albury Wodonga on Monday, should be a good drive to get used to the car.
Attached Images
File Type: png MyNewCar-Smaller.png (74.0 KB, 101 views)
Old 05-02-2011, 10:28 AM   #16
Dusty1
Giddy up!

Looks good. Congratulations and many happy, safe kilometers!
Previous:
Old 05-02-2011, 02:23 PM   #17
apstar
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budorat
Hey guys, picked up the new car yesterday. I live in Canberra and got the car from Sydney, so had a great opportunity to get a few k's under my belt on first drive. I gotta say I love this car.

Am driving from Canberra to Albury Wodonga on Monday, should be a good drive to get used to the car.
Well done mate enjoy hmm wonder if wiring is there for the DRL might be an easy fit if you are so incline just a thought
Old 08-02-2011, 02:12 AM   #18
gh172

Quote:
Originally Posted by apstar
Well done mate enjoy hmm wonder if wiring is there for the DRL might be an easy fit if you are so incline just a thought
I'd definitely be interested in doing that if it were possible.