Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 23-06-2011, 08:00 PM   #1
RaryGirl
Starter Motor

Default Disappointed in Ford and the Dealer!

Picked up our new (demo model) Mondeo on Saturday ... by the time we drove it home and this week it was ready for the 3,000 complimentary service. I'm being very liberal with the word complimentary here ... seems that Ford only honour this complimentary service if it is done within 2 months of the vehicle first being registered, otherwise the dealer has to pay for it.

Here's the clincher on how wonderful Ford and the dealer in particular Pacific Ford at Currumindi are ... well our local Ford dealer said they'd call Curramundi to confirm they'd pay for it. The answer was a firm NO, they wouldn't pay for it ... so we rang Ford and no, they wiped their hands of it as well as it was 2 months overdue.

Seems Pacific Ford didn't do the service while they had the car in their possession, told me when we picked it up, you are nearly due for the 3,000km service - take it into your local dealer. Poor form on Pacific Fords part and I'm really disappointed in Ford Australia for just wiping their hands of the whole thing.

Not a very positive start to owning a Ford.

Old 23-06-2011, 08:22 PM   #2
MAGPIE
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Disappointed in Ford and the Dealer!

Why would you not get the selling dealer to do the service as part of the deal, you must have known how many km's were on the odo ?

Wouldn't worry too much, they do SFA anyway that's why they are "complimentary".
MAGPIE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-06-2011, 08:29 PM   #3
Fiesta_Man69
Banned

If that's the last prob you have with your Ford then you are doing well... See some horrendous stories about Fords quality and service in the Fiesta section of this forum. I'm just one of dozens on here who will never buy Ford again.
Fiesta_Man69 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-06-2011, 08:30 PM   #4
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Your not getting anything really from the service. If you wanted an oil and filter change you'd have to fork out cash.
Old 23-06-2011, 09:24 PM   #5
RaryGirl
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGPIE
Why would you not get the selling dealer to do the service as part of the deal, you must have known how many km's were on the odo ?

Wouldn't worry too much, they do SFA anyway that's why they are "complimentary".
Having never owned a Ford, all cars I have owned have the first service at 1,000km, so I assumed (I know, stupid me ... should never assume) it would have been the same and would have happened. Didn't know until we picked up the car on Saturday and they couldn't service it then ... of course.
Old 23-06-2011, 09:25 PM   #6
RaryGirl
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiesta_Man69
If that's the last prob you have with your Ford then you are doing well... See some horrendous stories about Fords quality and service in the Fiesta section of this forum. I'm just one of dozens on here who will never buy Ford again.
:( So I probably shouldn't have high expectations of Ford then.
Old 23-06-2011, 09:34 PM   #7
Dusty1
Giddy up!

I used the 3k to get some warranty stuff sorted. I think they open the bonnet, and that's about it.

Get a good dealer and you'll be right. Remember the Mondeo is built in Belgium, and not Manu have complained about build quality, it most about dealers.

What about those seat covers?
Previous:
Oct 07 built Mondeo TDCi hatch, Stardust Silver, bluetooth, leather, tow pack, sunroof.
Dusty1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-06-2011, 09:43 PM   #8
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

They do only do a visual inspection, but Id be careful in regards to the warranty if its not done..

At the very most it should only cost you $75.... This is the only bad point about buying cars out of town when you live in the bush, the local dealers usually get the shirts and aren't interested in servicing it!!

Welcome to Ford service...
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-06-2011, 10:51 PM   #9
Mickmelb

If everything is ok it only takes 30 mintues for the 300km service its just a general check as opposed to a service as the others have said they don't change oils or anything. Mine took all day but that was because i had a problem with the blindspot indicators not working properly.
Mickmelb is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-06-2011, 12:32 PM   #10
barra240t
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

RaryGirl,

I didn't see this post until now, I have contacted the relevent people to follow you up ASAP. To the best of my knowledge this vehicle was not a demo owned by Pacific Ford and was actually a used vehicle. Please remember Pacific Ford is a forum sponsor and I am here to help with anything you have a concern with.

Nathan.
Old 28-06-2011, 05:18 PM   #11
RaryGirl
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by barra240t
RaryGirl,

I didn't see this post until now, I have contacted the relevent people to follow you up ASAP. To the best of my knowledge this vehicle was not a demo owned by Pacific Ford and was actually a used vehicle. Please remember Pacific Ford is a forum sponsor and I am here to help with anything you have a concern with.

Nathan.
Ah ok ... so this explains the phone calls my husband received today.

As I have been suitably reprimanded, I have to correct my OP - we purchased this MC Mondeo secondhand with 2090km on the clock from the above forum sponsor. Doesn't change my disappointment at the after sales service or the fact that PF and Ford Corporate wiped their hands of us when we bought the vehicle in for this service.

Nathan - since you are here to help with any concerns, can you please chase up why our MC Mondeo has been sold to us with a MB Mondeo manual/service history book? Or have we been sold an MB vehicle in error?
Old 28-06-2011, 07:23 PM   #12
paulie0735
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech article(s) 

RaryGirl, at 2090 km's this would have to be an ex Ford Executive vehicle or perhaps a press (road tester) vehicle, either way I would be equally annoyed at both the Dealer and Ford Aus for the lack of customer service they have shown you. Just for curiosity sake, who’s name appears in the back of the owners manual?

A point of clarification re the 3,000k inspection. It’s not a service, you really haven’t missed out on any work being done to the car. Simple fact is they don't actually do anything to the car all they do is walk around the car, have a look through the cabin and a quick glance under the bonnet. The point of this inspection is to pick up any manufacturing faults that may have taken a few weeks or so to show up. So in one sense you haven’t missed out on much, in another though it wouldn't have hurt them to do the inspection anyway, by doing so they may have kept a potential customer of the future happy, shame on the dealer, very short sighted!!
paulie0735 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-06-2011, 09:32 PM   #13
barra240t
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaryGirl
Nathan - since you are here to help with any concerns, can you please chase up why our MC Mondeo has been sold to us with a MB Mondeo manual/service history book? Or have we been sold an MB vehicle in error?
Not a problem, I will follow this up for you tomorrow. I believe this vehicle was not owned by Ford MoCo.
Old 28-06-2011, 09:52 PM   #14
Russ
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Contributor: For members who make a contribution worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Very helpful and gracious with photoshop work to help others.. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGPIE

That's so true, it goes something like this, She's all good mate
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-06-2011, 10:12 PM   #15
RaryGirl
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulie0735
RaryGirl, at 2090 km's this would have to be an ex Ford Executive vehicle or perhaps a press (road tester) vehicle, either way I would be equally annoyed at both the Dealer and Ford Aus for the lack of customer service they have shown you. Just for curiosity sake, who’s name appears in the back of the owners manual?

A point of clarification re the 3,000k inspection. It’s not a service, you really haven’t missed out on any work being done to the car. Simple fact is they don't actually do anything to the car all they do is walk around the car, have a look through the cabin and a quick glance under the bonnet. The point of this inspection is to pick up any manufacturing faults that may have taken a few weeks or so to show up. So in one sense you haven’t missed out on much, in another though it wouldn't have hurt them to do the inspection anyway, by doing so they may have kept a potential customer of the future happy, shame on the dealer, very short sighted!!
I googled the name in the back of the MB logbook that came with our vehicle (dates/rego match, so I assume the details are correct) and it's an electrician.

Russ ... love the service pic . Good to know what I got for my $80. We paid for the service as Ford Corporate said if we have issues with the motor later on and we don't have all the log book services then we may have problems with getting repairs under warranty.

Thank you Nathan for looking into the MB/MC 'issue'.
Old 29-06-2011, 04:06 PM   #16
barra240t
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaryGirl
Thank you Nathan for looking into the MB/MC 'issue'.
Your vehicle is indeed an MC, new books have been ordered and I will get them to you.
Old 29-06-2011, 06:14 PM   #17
allanv6gt
Tippy-tronic Free Zone

How long did the dealer have the vehicle ?
Was it within the 4mths since first registered (even tho <3000km) ?

4mths - see pg 43 of MB model (at least) Customer Assistance, Warranty and Service Guide "4mths or 3000km"" it says.
Was anything actually done for your $80? Did you ask them to fix anything?
allanv6gt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-07-2011, 04:42 PM   #18
NZ XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

In NZ the 3,000 km service is optional - I think it's there more for the owner's "peace of mind" as it's simply an inspection and road test. Mine was done in 20 minutes.

And my car was over 2 months old when I had it done. But Ford dealers and Ford NZ seem to have a much better understanding of what service means than in Australia.