Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 13-06-2021, 04:59 PM   #1
BlueEA

Default Any members living near Tongala Vic.

Hi guys.
I know I'm probably pushing my luck as I've requested a couple of times for a member who would oblige in checking out a car for me that is in a different State as I'm in Sydney NSW. I just don't see the point in flying to inspect a car that may or may not be as it seems in the advert and if not it would become a very expensive exercise.

So I hope all is ok with this??

I would like a member or two that may live near Tongala Vic, it's near Campaspe area I believe, to check out an Xr8 in Shockwave blue.
According to the owner it was resprayed quite some years ago by the previous owner who had the car since new. Anyway if someone can just PM me with your mbl no and I'll give you all the details.
It would be much appreciated believe me.

Cheers
Grahame.
BlueEA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-06-2021, 05:35 PM   #2
lincolnland

Default Re: Any members living near Tongala Vic.

Tongala is about 3hrs from melb so your best bet is a member from shep, a country town near by.
lincolnland is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-06-2021, 08:12 PM   #3
Tassie f100
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueEA View Post
Hi guys.
I know I'm probably pushing my luck as I've requested a couple of times for a member who would oblige in checking out a car for me that is in a different State as I'm in Sydney NSW. I just don't see the point in flying to inspect a car that may or may not be as it seems in the advert and if not it would become a very expensive exercise.

So I hope all is ok with this??

I would like a member or two that may live near Tongala Vic, it's near Campaspe area I believe, to check out an Xr8 in Shockwave blue.
According to the owner it was resprayed quite some years ago by the previous owner who had the car since new. Anyway if someone can just PM me with your mbl no and I'll give you all the details.
It would be much appreciated believe me.

Cheers
Grahame.
Think ole Trevor57 lives around there
Tassie f100 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-06-2021, 02:28 PM   #4
BlueEA

As you may have noticed I haven't had much success with my inspection request which is disappointing.
I'd just like to thank those who responded to my thread (2) but it seems there isn't that many members that live in or near Tongala Vic the exception being Trevor57 who was suggested to me by Tassie F100 and I thank you for that. I contacted him and he told me that he would contact his son as he is more up to speed in the cars of today. Apparently he sent him a message but had no reply so he would ring him tonight. That was last Wednesday and I haven't had any messages since even though I sent one for an update a day ago. Without meaning any disrespect to the guy, but if you can't do it just say so don't leave me hanging in the air here like this. The guy selling the car has been amazingly patient.
Sure I could pay to have a Vehicle Inspection Co check it out but I have had (2) cars checked by them only to find the cars weren't as they seemed in the advert not even close so I can't afford to keep doing that. So I might have to let this one go too. Very disappointing as it's the color/6spdml/low klms and within my budget and again seems to be in pretty good nick but I need conformation on that. I'm not buying a car without being sighted or checked out. So now I'm in a dilemma on what to do now. Any suggestions???

Cheers.
Grahame.
BlueEA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-06-2021, 02:54 PM   #5
Tassie f100
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Dunno if they still do it,but RACV used to do inspections,Maybe have to be a member to use the service? guess it only takes a ph call to find out.Only problem maybe in a small town the seller could be a mate of the RACV mechanic,(Read what you like into that)
Tassie f100 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-06-2021, 03:28 PM   #6
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

I think it’s worth personally inspecting.

Two drive days, one overnight stay. That’s about a $400 round trip if you pack your food and get 10-11 litres to the hundred.
Citroënbender is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 20-06-2021, 03:47 PM   #7
hayseed

Quote:
As you may have noticed I haven't had much success with my inspection request which is disappointing.
I'd just like to thank those who responded to my thread (2) but it seems there isn't that many members that live in or near Tongala Vic the exception being Trevor57 who was suggested to me by Tassie F100 and I thank you for that. I contacted him and he told me that he would contact his son as he is more up to speed in the cars of today. Apparently he sent him a message but had no reply so he would ring him tonight. That was last Wednesday and I haven't had any messages since even though I sent one for an update a day ago. Without meaning any disrespect to the guy, but if you can't do it just say so don't leave me hanging in the air here like this. The guy selling the car has been amazingly patient.
Sure I could pay to have a Vehicle Inspection Co check it out but I have had (2) cars checked by them only to find the cars weren't as they seemed in the advert not even close so I can't afford to keep doing that. So I might have to let this one go too. Very disappointing as it's the color/6spdml/low klms and within my budget and again seems to be in pretty good nick but I need conformation on that. I'm not buying a car without being sighted or checked out. So now I'm in a dilemma on what to do now. Any suggestions???

Cheers.
Grahame.
If you REALLY wanted it..? You'd make/find a way of going to Look At..!!!

And Yes, I've spent a lot of My Time & Money goin to look at something..
The last Truck I bought was inspection/viewing number 5 & in 3 States,Too I might Add..
hayseed is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 20-06-2021, 03:49 PM   #8
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I sold a car to a gentleman in WA many years ago. From memory he paid for a RACV check, a proper one where they drive it away, put it on their hoist, and inspect everything. Back then I think RACV also offered a 3 month warranty if you paid for said inspection. That would be what I would do.

I've had people in the past ask me to inspect cars for them. Generally I say no because I don't want to be responsible for anything that I might miss. I did do it once for a very good mate up in QLD, I drove past Colac, about 2 hours. He ended up buying it, but the gear box crapped itself after a few months. Needless to say I felt partly responsible.

Rides (past and present)
Current: 2004 Ford Falcon 5.4L 3v Barra 220, Manual
Past: Mitsubishi Sigma (m), Toyota Seca (m), Toyota Seca SX (m), Toyota Vienta V6 (m), Toyota Soarer 4L v8 (a), BA XR8 ute (m), T3 TE50 (m), BMW Z4 (m)

AFF motto - If contrary views trigger, please use ignore button.
T3rminator is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 20-06-2021, 04:20 PM   #9
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3
…He ended up buying it, but the gear box crapped itself after a few months. Needless to say I felt partly responsible.
Years ago I went to look at pretty terminal bathroom, on the way out the clients asked me what I thought of some cracking above the hallway fretwork. It looked at a glance like settling, I suggested nothing to worry about: “The roof shouldn’t fall down any time soon”.

Three months later the roof spread and collapsed. I was in no way liable, but the moral burden weighed heavily.
Citroënbender is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-06-2021, 04:23 PM   #10
Trevor 57
is now there

Quote:

Cheers.
Grahame.
I was waiting for my son to tell me when he was going to Tonny, but based on this I will tell him to not worry

Cherrs
Old 20-06-2021, 05:07 PM   #11
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Quote:

Cheers.
Grahame.
Buying interstate always comes with risks, your definition of how something presents may vary greatly from someone elses.
He tells you it looks ok, you buy it, it isnt what you call ok and it creates drama.
If it ticks every box then go look at it yourself, if it checks out you've lost nothing, if not, **** happens.
BENT_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-06-2021, 05:29 PM   #12
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i dont bother with requests like this anymore after inspecting a car for a member and after inspecting said car being ghosted for a phone number, chat and sending through pics

yellow bucket of crap yank tank in radelaide
pottery beige is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-06-2021, 05:53 PM   #13
FairmontGS
WT GT
Donating Member3

Console yourself with the fact that if it was any good it would have sold by now. Tongala isn’t that far away from Shep or Melbourne.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
FairmontGS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-06-2021, 06:05 PM   #14
GT450
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I think it;'s a bit rich asking someone you have never met to inspect a car for you and then complain when it doesn't happen. if it were THAT important you'd get of your rear and do it yourself. I flown interstate and driven a 10 hour round trip to look at cars that i didn't end up buying but its the only way to get a true picture and not blame some poor stranger.
Don't be so selfish.
GT450 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-06-2021, 06:09 PM   #15
ozpacman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

Cheers.
Grahame.
I'm sorry BlueEA, but it's extremely poor form posting something like this on a forum.

You were requesting a favour from someone you didn't know, which was ultimately going to cost them time and travel expenses to get back to you with an opinion. Then when it didn't happen for you in the click of the fingers you bag them out.

You have no appreciation of what they needed to do to make this happen for you, and your response is to have a sook about them on the very thread in which you made your original request.

You've probably seen Trev's response to your second post and quite understandably, it appears his offer of assistance now seems to be well and truly off the table. I think he did exceptionally well to keep his response as polite as he did.

Good manners cost nothing BlueEA. Grab some whilst they're free.

Russ.

Last edited by ozpacman; 20-06-2021 at 06:14 PM.
ozpacman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post