Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 21-06-2021, 09:45 AM   #11641
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 
Default Re: Covid 19 -

I believe transiting is OK, a friend did similar very recently - Alice Springs to Sydney to Launceston, no issues.

cf: https://coronavirus.tas.gov.au/trave...ium-risk-areas

Quote:
Transit directly through medium or high-risk areas

Based on current Public Health advice, travellers from low-risk areas are permitted to transit directly through medium or high-risk areas without being subject to quarantine requirements when arriving in Tasmania if they comply with the following…
This user likes this post:
Old 21-06-2021, 11:10 AM   #11642
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

Data valid as at 00:00 GMT June 20th, 2021.

Note: As not all Australian States report at the same time, the data below is based on the previous full day reporting.

9 new cases for Australia and no deaths so the CMR is 3.000%.

4 cases and no deaths for NZ so CMR is 0.957% and active cases 22.

The UK had a lower 9,076 cases yesterday and lower 6 deaths.

A lower 7,647 new cases in the USA yesterday and lower 167 deaths sees CMR at 1.794%.

Other notable points (weekend reporting):
Global cases pass 179M, the last 1M in 3 days;

No countries
... recorded new daily highs; those in blue for the second consecutive day and those in red for a third or more consecutive day.

No countries move above the 90th percentile for their 10 day
average and Cabo Verde drops below.

Observatio Facta Rotae

3 users like this post:
Old 21-06-2021, 11:22 AM   #11643
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Australia's first locally made COVID-19 mRNA vaccine candidate is set for clinical trials
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-06-...ster/100229294

Quote:
Australia is within months of clinical trials for a COVID-19 mRNA vaccine developed in Melbourne.

Victoria's Acting Premier James Merlino announced on Sunday his government had allocated $5 million from a $50 million mRNA research fund to help the Monash Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences manufacture doses of its mRNA vaccine candidate for trials.

"This is an incredibly important, incredibly exciting step that we are making in our nation," Mr Merlino said.

"This will get us on a pathway to local manufacturing capability."

Mr Merlino said the investment in sovereign capability to produce mRNA vaccines was particularly important because the virus would remain for some time and there could be the need for yearly booster vaccines in the years ahead.

When will the clinical trials start?

Professor Pouton said the trials should start in October or November and would run until all the data was collected for a year.

"But we'll get an early indication of safety and the responses, the serum responses, from individual patients, fairly early on in the trial," Professor Pouton said.

"Perhaps within the first three months, we'll have a pretty good idea"

About 150 people will be involved in the clinical trial, with preliminary results expected to be available in the first half of 2022.

Rides (past and present)
Current: 2004 Ford Falcon 5.4L 3v Barra 220, Manual
Past: Mitsubishi Sigma (m), Toyota Seca (m), Toyota Seca SX (m), Toyota Vienta V6 (m), Toyota Soarer 4L v8 (a), BA XR8 ute (m), T3 TE50 (m), BMW Z4 (m)

AFF motto - If contrary views trigger, please use ignore button.
Old 21-06-2021, 12:20 PM   #11644
zilo
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyal View Post
So figured I would get a quicker response than trying the hot line, we are booking some flights to Tassie tonight, we are westerns NSW so 5hrs to Sydney or 7hrs to Brisbane.
OMG...don't go to Tassie...it's freezing, pick somewhere warmer like QLD.

(It's the red triangle with exclamation mark on the left)
Old 21-06-2021, 12:22 PM   #11645
zilo
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3rminator View Post
Australia's first locally made COVID-19 mRNA vaccine candidate is set for clinical trials
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-06-...ster/100229294

yep....it's a national security issue and should be given as much priority as any other biological weapons defence program initiative.

2 users like this post:
Old 21-06-2021, 01:54 PM   #11646
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairmontGS View Post
You may be onto something - the fact that the WHO isn't listing ozone as a myth means they have virtually admitted it's the cause.

https://www.who.int/emergencies/dise...BwE#exercising
Yes, ozone is not mentioned anywhere, why not, it was always big news before Covid-19 hit us, suddenly even the climate changers and greenies have gone very quiet!
Its only a "heavier" form of Oxygen, so why not.

Cheers King Billy
Old 21-06-2021, 02:18 PM   #11647
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by zilo View Post
OMG...don't go to Tassie...it's freezing, pick somewhere warmer like QLD.
Been going to both for longer than I believe you have had your island, all good, I am up for a cruise while I am at it.
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
3 users like this post:
Old 21-06-2021, 04:54 PM   #11648
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by zilo View Post
yep....it's a national security issue and should be given as much priority as any other biological weapons defence program initiative.
hmmmmm I'm led to believe that certain countries that have such capabilities run tests on their own citizens without their citizen's knowledge. So I'm ok at stopping with borders and vaccine development.

This is interesting. I thought Pfizer roll out speed was dictated by what supplies we had in the country. Does this indicate its more logistics than supply?

Federal officials flag ‘far freer flows of Pfizer’ following Merlino swipe

https://www.theage.com.au/national/v...21-p582oj.html

Quote:
Commodore Young also said that authorities expected 500 Australian general practitioners to be administering the Pfizer vaccine in the week of July 5. They expected another 500 GPs to come online for the Pfizer vaccine in the week of July 12, and an additional 300 to join the effort in the week of July 19.

Lieutenant-General John Frewen, recently appointed to lead a new COVID-19 vaccination task force, said authorities expected to have “far freer flows” of the Pfizer vaccine towards the end of the year.

“On current forecasts, we are looking forward to ramping up availability of Pfizer through August, into September, and into October,” General Frewen said.

Rides (past and present)
Past: Mitsubishi Sigma (m), Toyota Seca (m), Toyota Seca SX (m), Toyota Vienta V6 (m), Toyota Soarer 4L v8 (a), BA XR8 ute (m), T3 TE50 (m), BMW Z4 (m)

Old 21-06-2021, 07:46 PM   #11649
FairmontGS
WT WRC GT Line
Donating Member3

Tokyo Olympic organisers approve local fans, but no cheering allowed
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-06-...owed/100232322
Old 21-06-2021, 08:57 PM   #11650
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Police sought access to QR check-in data intended for contact tracing

https://www.theage.com.au/politics/v...21-p582x4.html

Quote:
Victorian police tried to access QR code check-in data three times in December as part of criminal investigations but were rebuffed by state government departments.

Chief Commissioner Shane Patton told a parliamentary inquiry on Monday that police had made three “informal” requests for names and phone numbers that Victorians volunteered to venues as a COVID-19 contact-tracing tool.

The Health Department, which received two requests, and Service Victoria both rejected Victoria Police’s approach, meaning the officers’ only option to access the data would have been to obtain a warrant via court.

Rides (past and present)

5 users like this post:
Old 21-06-2021, 09:03 PM   #11651
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

That’s the second best news I’ve had all day. (Best was the silly low price I got charged at PnP by the friendly woman at their cashier’s window. )

Was exposed on YT tonight, to a NSW advert urging people to “get tested” if they had even the vaguest symptoms that might be Coronavirus. It was otherwise free of nannying and hectoring - the road safety people should take notice.
2 users like this post:
Old 21-06-2021, 09:27 PM   #11652
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroënbender View Post
That’s the second best news I’ve had all day. (Best was the silly low price I got charged at PnP by the friendly woman at their cashier’s window. )

Was exposed on YT tonight, to a NSW advert urging people to “get tested” if they had even the vaguest symptoms that might be Coronavirus. It was otherwise free of nannying and hectoring - the road safety people should take notice.
Don't get too excited though . Whilst it is great to hear that their default response is "no", reading between the lines, it seems the crime was not serious enough for a formal request. The law would still allow the data to be released if they can get a warrant through the courts, which would probably be the case if it was a crime similar to the one in WA. If it has gone through those checks and balances, then I'm ok with it.

Rides (past and present)

Old 21-06-2021, 10:49 PM   #11653
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

I’m still vexed by this delaying of cases from actually being counted in NSW. Shades of Abbott and Costello:

“So who was detected yesterday?”
“I’ll tell ya. Tomorrow.”

Good to see the Gillenbah/Forbes/Moree sites off the exposure list.
Old 21-06-2021, 11:34 PM   #11654
zilo
BANNED

Quote:

Police sought access to QR check-in data intended for contact tracing

https://www.theage.com.au/politics/v...21-p582x4.html

Vicpol just went about it the wrong way.

The WA police didn't have any trouble getting all the data they needed from the QR tracing system in a recent murder investigation.
Mission accomplished in citizen tracking.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-06-...data/100201340

Old 22-06-2021, 03:10 AM   #11655
DJR-351
I am Groot
Donating Member3

Just spent one and a half hours over a poor satellite connection trying to get a Green Queensland Travel Declaration so i can head home from the NT later this week.

Every time (3) I selected my country of residence as Australia I was sent an email with the attached declaration stating my address is ******* Bundaberg Queensland NEW ZEALAND 4670

On the fourth try i selected New Zealand as my country of residence, when i received the email with the declaration this time it has my address as ******* Bundaberg Queensland Australia 4670

"Those were the days when the cars were cars, they weren't built out of an Ikea pack like they are now and clothed in plastic; they were real cars." John Bowe
Old 22-06-2021, 08:53 AM   #11656
slowsnake
Banned

Probably interference from the " Min-Min " lights!..lol..

Cheers King Billy
Old 22-06-2021, 09:53 AM   #11657
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 

Got my second Pfizer jab yesterday. So far, same result as the first jab: sore arm (feels like a 'dead arm' from my school days ), but no other side effects. See how well I sleep tonight, as it was the second night I had trouble sleeping with the first jab.

Spoke with the nurse administering the jab, and he said that they had 140 bookings for Pfizer jabs that day, so they were pretty busy. He did say that he had a day where there were only 60 bookings though.

Life is a journey, not a destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily: 2013 FGII EcoLPi in Winter White
Play: 2015 FG X XR8 in Emperor Show' N Shine thread

Gone, but not forgotten: 2015 SZII petrol Titanium Territory in Emperor
7 users like this post:
Old 22-06-2021, 12:01 PM   #11658
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

New Zealand, QLD and SA re-opening their borders to Vic / Metro Melb, all just in time for school holidays.

Everyone wants a piece of the Victorian $$$$$. Stay at home, support your locals...

Rides (past and present)

3 users like this post:
Old 22-06-2021, 12:27 PM   #11659
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

Data valid as at 00:00 GMT June 21st, 2021.

Note: As not all Australian States report at the same time, the data below is based on the previous full day reporting.

21 new cases for Australia and no deaths so the CMR is finally below 3% at 2.998%.

2 cases and no deaths for NZ so CMR is 0.956% and active cases 23.

The UK had a higher 10,467 cases yesterday and lower 5 deaths.

A higher 8,953 new cases in the USA yesterday and higher 170 deaths sees CMR at 1.794%.

Other notable points:

Rwanda (622);
Cuba (1,567);
Kuwait (1,935);
Oman (2,529) - the previous high on 13/7/20;
Namibia (2,602); and
Indonesia (14,536) - the previous high on 30/1/21 -

... recorded new daily highs; those in blue for the second consecutive day and those in red for a third or more consecutive day.

Iraq and Bangladesh move above the 90th percentile for their 10 day
average and none drop below.

Observatio Facta Rotae

4 users like this post:
Old 22-06-2021, 07:45 PM   #11660
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

So… NSW has been skewered by NZ for at least three days. Ironically a family member was due to fly there tomorrow from Sydney.

A black moment of Covid humour this morning, our care coordinator rang to say the appointed person was unwell and couldn’t come, as they were relating this situation they burst into fits of coughing and croaky speech themselves. Obviously the “stay home if unwell” dictum doesn’t apply universally!
2 users like this post:
Old 22-06-2021, 07:53 PM   #11661
lumen8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
New Zealand, QLD and SA re-opening their borders to Vic / Metro Melb, all just in time for school holidays.

Everyone wants a piece of the Victorian $$$$$. Stay at home, support your locals...

There are a couple of catches though regarding entering SA from metro Melbourne, you need to self-isolate for 24hrs upon arrival, and get a test on the 1st day. Im not sure how that works exactly, how do you get tested if you are self isolating.

You also cannot attend large events, which I believe are defined as anything that needs a covid safe plan. Like a football match for example.
2 users like this post:
Old 22-06-2021, 08:32 PM   #11662
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumen8 View Post
There are a couple of catches though regarding entering SA from metro Melbourne, you need to self-isolate for 24hrs upon arrival, and get a test on the 1st day. Im not sure how that works exactly, how do you get tested if you are self isolating.

You also cannot attend large events, which I believe are defined as anything that needs a covid safe plan. Like a football match for example.
Heard on the radio one state required testing on day 1, 3 and 7 or something? There are too many combos to remember. I had planned on a trip to Tassie with a mate to do a road trip in July, but now considering the local snow fields instead. Even then, there are testing requirements

Rides (past and present)

Old 22-06-2021, 09:25 PM   #11663
lumen8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Heard on the radio one state required testing on day 1, 3 and 7 or something? There are too many combos to remember. I had planned on a trip to Tassie with a mate to do a road trip in July, but now considering the local snow fields instead. Even then, there are testing requirements
The only way to know for sure is to check each states own website... and you have to do that after the changes for the most part , as they dont update them until the rules change.

Here is the SA one, if you look at current requirements for regional vic into SA, that is what will apparently apply to Melburnians when the rules are relaxed...

https://www.covid-19.sa.gov.au/restr...l-restrictions

Lots of scrolling required there for all the different bits of NSW and VIC, and if one gets confused and makes a mistake, there will be police on the other end checking if you are approved to enter, regardless of it being by road or air... sapol seems to man the borders everytime there is community transmission in other states.
Old 22-06-2021, 10:46 PM   #11664
zilo
BANNED

Tasmania has relaxed travel restrictions to and from Victoria.

My essential traveller application was denied because it was deemed unnecessary...scared the hell out of me till I read it fully.

Old 23-06-2021, 06:54 AM   #11665
slowsnake
Banned

Why can't we just have one big State or Territory, then who needs to know what stays in one Parliament not 7!..
The system is failing the rank and file, not endearing them.
Its too much paperwork and arguing.

Cheers King Billy
Old 23-06-2021, 07:10 AM   #11666
FairmontGS
WT WRC GT Line
Donating Member3

Great...

https://www.downtoearth.org.in/news/...-version-77602
Old 23-06-2021, 08:52 AM   #11667
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Couple of interesting events overnight. Vic CHO made parts of NSW red effective 1am. Don't recall that ever happening at such short notice. Even the Northern Beaches outbreak had a 48hr+ grace period.

And this...think we are going to find out just really how fleeting this variant is. Ouch.

Sydney Covid-19 case flew to Wellington last weekend
https://amp.rnz.co.nz/article/76717d...9-93191a5c0037

Quote:
An Australian traveller who visited New Zealand at the weekend tested positive for Covid-19 on their return to Australia, and most likely contracted the virus before flying across the Tasman, the Ministry of Health said.

Rides (past and present)

Last edited by T3rminator; 23-06-2021 at 09:07 AM.
2 users like this post:
Old 23-06-2021, 09:40 AM   #11668
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Ah well, I think of the old chant beginning “Here we go, here we go…” No road trip to Melbourne for me, seeing I have populated a red light district by Vitcorian metrics.

Perhaps we’ll be graced with a press conference by Professor “Don’t touch the ball” Spurrier? 😻
2 users like this post:
Old 23-06-2021, 10:19 AM   #11669
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 

So, an update after getting my jab on Monday. I had a restless night's sleep last night. Not sure if it was related to the Pfizer jab, it was because I was sore from the 220 pushups I did yesterday, whether it was simply a self-fulfilling prophecy, or a combination of all the above.

But i do recall that I had a couple of restless nights' sleep following the first jab, and that they started the day after I had the jab, ie the night of the jab was ok.

See how I go tonight.

Life is a journey, not a destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily: 2013 FGII EcoLPi in Winter White
Play: 2015 FG X XR8 in Emperor Show' N Shine thread

Gone, but not forgotten: 2015 SZII petrol Titanium Territory in Emperor
2 users like this post:
Old 23-06-2021, 11:00 AM   #11670
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Data valid as at 00:00 GMT June 22nd, 2021.

14 new cases for Australia and no deaths so the CMR is 2.997%.

No cases and no deaths for NZ so CMR is 0.956% and active cases 23.

The UK had a higher 11,481 cases yesterday and higher 17 deaths.

A higher 13,266 new cases in the USA yesterday and higher 282 deaths sees CMR at 1.794%.

Other notable points:
India passes 30M cases;
Brazil passes 18M cases;

Rwanda (861); and
Kuwait (1,962);

No countries move above the 90th percentile for their 10 day
average and none drop below.

Observatio Facta Rotae

Closed Thread