Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 14-12-2009, 08:56 PM   #1
jared79
Sock Puppets

Default Spare Parts for Mondeo

Well it's been awhile since I have been on here and my 2007 Mondeo is still going strong. Couple of issues.

Anyway, my question is about spare parts. My hazard lights button on my dash got an air bubble, i guess it was from the heat. I touched it and it was brittle and a small piece of the silver came off. It looks like just a sticker, but it's red underneath and looks terrible. Anyway, I am looking for a part to replace it. Either the sticker or the whole button if need be. Does anyone know of where I can get these. The only place I have found them is on ebay and I would prefer not to buy them from there. Any suggestions?

Thanks for your help everyone.

Ford Mondeo Zetec Hatch in Blue Ambition
jared79 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-12-2009, 04:36 AM   #2
NZ XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Surely this is a warranty issue?
Old 15-12-2009, 02:08 PM   #3
TheColonel

mine has also bubbled, i'm going to get this looked at on my next service
Old 16-12-2009, 12:01 AM   #4
DAGGLES
Starter Motor

Mine has bubbled too. The hazard lights one. It was a couple of months back on the first hot day in Melbourne for this spring. I bought my car in May so haven't had it in hot weather previously. I suppose it could be a warranty item but I reckon it will depend on which dealer you go to and the mood they are in. Some just cannot be bothered whilst others are brilliant. At least that is what I have found. Having previously owned two Honda Accord Euro Luxury's prior to purchasing my XR5T I found that Honda was exceptional every time I had it serviced. Nothing was too much trouble for them. So far on my two visits to Ford and a third when I wanted to get the SatNav system installed they couldn't have been less interested. Wife owns a territory which we purchased in December last year and she has had nothing but ordinary experiences too. There was the brakes recall, a starter motor replaced under warranty and now we have exhaust and rear window warranty items to deal with and they show us no love on those either. I've had to chase them repeatedly to get the parts in as we go on hols next week.
DAGGLES is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-12-2009, 12:23 PM   #5
GRT046
Mondeo TDCi

My recent response on a seperate thread http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...97#post2972697
Sunroof
GRT046 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-12-2009, 10:30 PM   #6
DRU842
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Mine was done under warrenty no problem.
2017 Mustang Lightening Blue, Cobb Intercooler, CAI, AccessPort, Turbo Blanket & V2 Exhaust, Mishimoto Down-Pipe & Overflow Tank, GFB DV+, Custom CRD Tune. Ford Performance Short Throw Shifter & Strut Brace. DBA T3 Brakes & Pads. Braided Brake Lines. H&R Coilovers. Anderson CF Track Pack Spoiler & Tailgate Panel. Blue CF/Leather Steering Wheel.
DRU842 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post