Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 05-08-2019, 10:47 AM   #31
AlanD
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: What did you buy after your Mondeo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by asteele-xr6 View Post
My Mondeo Titanium is getting 7.8L/100km on highway driving
Hi Asteele-XR6.

Is that 7.8 figure an indicated number or a calculated value based on tank to tank fills?

Either way for a Mondeo diesel with mostly highway driving it seems very high, unless the "highway" is inner city freeways at peak hour.

Our car does 75% country highway driving in "light" traffic and typically shows 5.2 litres/100km indicated but I know that is an optimistic figure. A tank to tank fill typically shows 5.6. Your stated figure is 40% worse than mine.

I was getting low 6s figures in the MA previously (also a diesel same engine lower tune) so at the figures you show I would be looking for a some answers.

Hopefully you can find an answer

Our Drive: Mondeo
MD TDCi Titanium Wagon
Ruby Red

AlanD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-08-2019, 02:39 PM   #32
asteele-xr6

Hi, 7.8 is based on trip computer - but also verified by fill-up...

I only get it this low on a constant highway drive, which is typically Canberra to Sydney and return, and the occasional run up to Port Macquarie or to Melbourne.

I record every refuelling in a spreadsheet with the amount of fuel used to fill up, so it works out the last tanks economy each time. The only rule being that when I refuel, I always fill to the top.

My MD Mondeo is a petrol, not diesel... my previous drive Peugeot 508GT was a diesel.

In the life of my Mondeo, since Dec 2016, I have used 6,646 litres of 98 petrol, which cost $9,432, so average at $1.42 per litre, and average economy of 10.58L/100km.

This compares to my Peugeot 508GT June 2012 to Nov 2016, in which I used 9,511 litres of diesel, which cost $12,673, so average at $1.33 per litre, and an average economy of 7.77L/100km.

This means the Mondeo petrol is 26% more thirsty on fuel than the Peugeot Diesel.
asteele-xr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-08-2019, 03:37 PM   #33
AlanD
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

[QUOTE=asteele-xr6;6325730]

My MD Mondeo is a petrol, not diesel... my previous drive Peugeot 508GT was a diesel.

[QUOTE]

My misunderstanding!

I thought that you were talking about a diesel engine car because I thought that Titanium spec MDs had always been imported with a diesel engines. Might be wrong about that too.

Cheers

Our Drive: Mondeo
MD TDCi Titanium Wagon
Ruby Red

AlanD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-08-2019, 03:40 PM   #34
asteele-xr6

Yep, my Titanium has 2.0L turbo petrol.
asteele-xr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-08-2019, 08:15 PM   #35
NZ XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Sounds like I should test drive the diesel and petrol MD.

I did get a Kuga with the 1.6 Ecoboost as a rental a few years ago. It went OK but seemed very thirsty.
Old 19-03-2020, 04:22 PM   #36
Faolan

An Opel Insignia and its a fechin lemon
back in the market for another Mondeo.
Faolan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-03-2020, 04:56 PM   #37
DougalXR6

An MY19 Volkswagen Arteon in pyrite silver with the optional 20" dark graphite wheels, upgraded sound system and sun roof. A stunning car to look at and to drive.

Its still early days however, it appears to be slightly more economical than the Mondeo Ecoboost even though it produces 206Kw.

I still have the 2015 Mondeo Trend which has now been relegated to the "second" car and trailer towing duties around town.
In a way I'm now glad that Ford decided to discontinue the Mondeo as if they hadn't I would have purchased a Mondeo Titanium without looking at the Arteon.

The only problem is that VW Australia has decided to stop importing the Arteon until an upgraded model is released in Europe next year. I won't hold out too much hope though. When I asked the Canberra dealer how many Arteons he sold a month his answer was 'one' and there is still no sign of the new model Skoda Supurb which was due last year. I bought the last new silver Arteon available.
DougalXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-03-2020, 11:56 PM   #38
NZ XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I had to google Arteon as I have not seen one in NZ. It looks a bit like the old Passat CC, which we had as a rental in the UK back in 2010.

What drivetrain does yours have?
Old 20-03-2020, 12:11 AM   #39
DougalXR6

Quote:
Originally Posted by NZ XR6 View Post
I had to google Arteon as I have not seen one in NZ. It looks a bit like the old Passat CC, which we had as a rental in the UK back in 2010.

What drivetrain does yours have?

It's a 2 Litre turbo petrol producing 206Kw with AWD and 7 speed DSG auto. This is the only drive train available in Australia.

I was a little concerned about the DSG auto however, it has to be one of the smoothest autos I have driven with very fast changes.

I believe the Arteon is an upgraded replacement for the CC.

I've never paid much attention to VWs in the past and only discovered the Arteon after I was looking for a large hatchback / sedan to replace the Mondeo which was no longer an option.
DougalXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-03-2020, 05:33 AM   #40
NZ XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I did enjoy the Passat CC except for the DSG. In normal mode it changed up too soon, so you'd be in 6th at about 65 km/h doing not much more than 1,000 rpm. Then in sport it changed up at about 3,000 rpm. I used manual mode a lot, which was good fun!

The last VW I drove with the DSG was much better.