Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 08-07-2007, 12:54 PM   #121
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The sooner FORD build FOCUS HERE, than in seff africa the better
csv8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-07-2007, 08:29 PM   #122
eXtremist
2007 Ford Focus Zetec

Month/year build: 04/06
Spec Level: LX
KM' at time of fault: 1,000
Symptoms: Shutting at idle while in Drive or Reverse
Fault: Replacement of engine mount
Fixed by: Ford Service @ Peter Warren Liverpool
Comments: It didn't cost me a cent to fix, yay for warranty
eXtremist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-07-2007, 08:47 PM   #123
eXtremist
2007 Ford Focus Zetec

Shuddering*
Old 08-07-2007, 11:27 PM   #124
BlackLS

Quote:
Originally Posted by eXtremist
Month/year build: 04/06
KM' at time of fault: 1,000
Symptoms: Shutting at idle while in Drive or Reverse
Fault: Replacement of engine mount
Fixed by: Ford Service @ Peter Warren Liverpool
Comments: It didn't cost me a cent to fix, yay for warranty
Bout time :P
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-07-2007, 08:46 AM   #125
eXtremist
2007 Ford Focus Zetec

Yeah, tell me about it.

Car feels heaps smoother :P
Old 12-07-2007, 12:38 PM   #126
Funky
Starter Motor

This is one of the reasons I got an XR5, as they are german not south african. Good luck to all you guys with issues.

Cheers,
Funky
Funky is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-07-2007, 11:38 AM   #127
mudwaa

Month/year build: Jan '07
Spec Level: Zetec
KMs at time of fault: New
Symtoms:
Fault: Both front headlights frosted
tape mark in paint on passenger front guard
rust bubble under passenger side skirt
Fixed? By:
mudwaa is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-07-2007, 11:44 AM   #128
mudwaa

Month/year build: Jan '07
KMs at time of fault: New
Symtoms:
Fault: Both front headlights frosted
tape mark in paint on passenger front guard
rust bubble under passenger side skirt
stone chip been paint penned over d/side foggie
overspray in various areas on d/side
various scratches that couldnt be hand polished out
incorrectly fitted glovebox compartment
Fixed? By: Re-installed the glovebox compartment myself.
Car goes into dealer tomorrow for inspection and book-in for repairs
Old 27-07-2007, 10:59 PM   #129
euroford
Starter Motor

Here's another list

Build/ sept 06
Spec/ CL hatch
Km's/since new
Fault/Paint imperfections,tailgate alignment.faulty stereo,leaking boot,driverside doorhandle,and last but certainly not least at 16.000 k's fry'd ECU And lost compression in 2 cylinders has been in workshop for 10 days now and were still wainting on parts. This is one lemon that won't have my mouth watering.
euroford is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-07-2007, 05:35 PM   #130
kcbworth

Month/year build: Mar 06
KMs at time of fault: 14,700
Symtoms:
Had a couple of big problems, primarily with paint when we received the car. Eventually had those resolved, but just had our 1 year service, but since we have got the car back it has frequently been losing power, particularly when driving slowly and after first start. Culminated the other day when we couldnt get above 50km/h and the engine warning light came on (very scary for first new car). Occurred about 6:30pm and took into Service Center straight away.

Fault:
Apparently an injector coil was dead and the engine was "getting poor spark".

Fixed? By:
Was told they didnt have a spare but they ordered one in expecting following day. They didnt get one but had one by Friday and it took a few hours of me waiting around to get it replaced. Good thing it was ready by then as I had a pre booked trip to the coast that I would have been very, very, very unhappy if I had missed.

Comments:
After the part was first replaced the car actually performed better than ever before (particularly off the line). However, first start of the car on Saturday morning, the car started doing it AGAIN (choking, spluttering, feel like it was going to stall). We had to leave so I turned it off, started up again and revved for a bit (like I was warming the engine) and it got us to the coast pretty well. Still unhappy that it happened again and have no idea what to do. Hasnt happened yet since. I'll monitor it but I'm not happy at all atm.
kcbworth is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-07-2007, 12:52 PM   #131
BlackLS

Do you know if they replaced the spark plugs as well? I'd imagine the old one would be pretty gunked up and the other 3 overburnt from lean fuel.
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-07-2007, 01:04 PM   #132
Bucket
XR5 Pilot

Month/year build: April 06
KMs at time of fault: 11,000...12500 and 13700

Fault:
Central Locking randomly locks and unlocks when driving and parked...indicators now arent flashing when I lock the car...

Comments: Hasnt been serviced for its 15000 yet...will get it looked at then.

(Anyone else had this issue?)
Old 31-07-2007, 09:13 PM   #133
kcbworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackLS
Do you know if they replaced the spark plugs as well? I'd imagine the old one would be pretty gunked up and the other 3 overburnt from lean fuel.
Not that I know of. Didn't really know to ask unfortunately. Anyone else had similar probs?
kcbworth is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-08-2007, 06:46 PM   #134
yngwie70
Starter Motor

Default IS this a con or is this for real?

I had a look at a 06 Model Zetec today and noticed what appeared to be oil covering the metal parts within the engine bay. Is this something that comes standard or is this something the dealer has put on himself ( he claimed it was rustproofing?????)?

Regards
yngwie70 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-08-2007, 08:24 PM   #135
melbzetec
Old enough to know better

Welcome to the Forums. But please don't double post. Just fills the forum with clutter
Mods: Ford Racing CNC'd cylinder head milled .040", 3 angle valve grind. Ford Racing Stage II camshafts. Ford Racing cam gears. Ford Racing long tube header. Random Technology hi flow cat. Herrod 2.25" stainless cat-back. Pipercross Viper intake. CFM 65mm throttle body. 2000 ported intake manifold. Herrod Custom SCT tune. Eibach suspension. Quaife ATB diff. Wilwood 13" brakes. Custom ST170 leather interior.
www.cardomain.com/ride/2773918

melbzetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-08-2007, 12:31 AM   #136
mudwaa

Told yesterday that all the paint6probs have been fixed but apparently with the frosted headlights Ford are telling the dealer that if u leave the headlights on for 15 minutes and it goes away then they will not replace them. Sounds to me as if Ford think that as long as they have already sold you a car that has certain imperfections and that they have already taken your cash then its too bad for you. My dealer seems ok but is it acceptable for a company to sell you something that is wrong from new? Thinking about kicking off a " why not to buy a ford focus " website.
Old 25-08-2007, 06:55 PM   #137
mudwaa

today i arrived home on R&R and picked up my car. Found: Door had not been properly aligned as requested, botched paint repair which now looks worse than it originally was, plugs that hold skirt on at the front now missing, think they have cracked one of the supports that hold it on as well. Now ha new scratches on one two of the doors and one on the bonnet that were not there when i dropped the car off. This is a brand new car. NEVER EVER accept a focus from ford without an absolutely thorough inspection because once Ford have your money the headache now belongs to you. I love the style, handling and performance of the Focus so its a damn shame that the finish is absolutely . i would expect better from a used car dealer.
Old 25-08-2007, 06:58 PM   #138
mudwaa

hmmmm guess u cant post the 's' word here. but what it is , is what it is. Now have to take it back Monday for more repairs. i think i should ask for my rego to be re-imbursed.
Old 06-09-2007, 11:20 AM   #139
Stugots
2006 Focus LX Hatch

had the 15,000 log book service yesterday, when dropping it off they asked if there were any problems, I told them of a soft squeeking/beeping noise (similar the 'door open' chime) coming from the engine. Thought it may have been a slipping belt, turned out to be the water pump and it needs replacing so taking it back on Monday.
Stugots is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-09-2007, 03:30 PM   #140
Stugots
2006 Focus LX Hatch

They can't get the part until tomorrow so it stays at Ford for another day. I hope this doesn't go bad like some of the horror stories I've read here.

There was a very nice ST170 ahead of me in the service queue, licence plate 'TEA'
Old 12-09-2007, 09:58 AM   #141
Stugots
2006 Focus LX Hatch

Water pump replaced and car returned.

But last night I scrubbed the gutter, wasn't a big hit but front left rim has a few chunks out of it along the edge. Very upset. I gently grazed the front rims earlier, then at the service last week they rotated the tyres so now 3 out of 4 rims are scratched but the one last night just ****ed me off :(
Old 13-09-2007, 01:01 PM   #142
20focus05
I wanna XR5

Stugots how did you go with out a car did you have to hire one, When our car went in for paint repairs it was away for 5 days and we had to wear the cost of the hire car, well the fellow at ford Aust got an ear full, ended up only paying for 2 days. But why should we have to pay for their problem which caused it

Ex Ford owner and member of this great site for ages.

South Australia, where the RIGHT hand lane is the NEW LEFT lane??????!!! %&#@*
20focus05 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-09-2007, 03:10 PM   #143
Stugots
2006 Focus LX Hatch

I used my GF's car, wasn't too inconvenienced fortunately.
I thought about bringing up the courtesy car but after seeing some poor customer at the service centre trying to get some of his $2000 deposit back after something happened to the courtesy car while it was parked, I decided it wasn't worth the risk.
Old 21-09-2007, 01:11 PM   #144
Stugots
2006 Focus LX Hatch

Got a tank of regular unleaded at the moment and she's pinging a fair bit under load. Never does that when I use premium.
Old 21-09-2007, 03:41 PM   #145
FocusLSHE
07' LS Focus - W/Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by karl74
I think this is a great thread BlackLS. Hopefully it may help with some issues i've been having.

Month/year build: Dec 05
Spec Level: LS Zetec
KMs at time of fault: various
Symtoms: Occasionally will not start until 3rd or 4th try and then will be quite a rough start.
Fault: I wish i knew.
Fixed? No.
By:
Comments: Also had fuel pump and fuel sender guage replaced.
Also, occasionally air con will come on when starting car even though it had not been used previously.

Karl74,

Month/year build:04/2007
Spec Level:LS CL
KMs at time of fault: 500
Symtoms: Failure to start. then eventually kicking over strugling.
Fault: CPU
Fixed? By: Dealer / warranty
Comments: I had the same thing and mine is a 04/07 build! they still havent seemed to rectify the starting issue. its rather embarrassing when your trying to show everyone your new car and it doesnt start! all i did was take it to the dealer (2 times) and on the second time they told me there was a software upgrade. at the time of its poor starting, it was very 'tappy' and loud when running from cold, and VERY erratic with power when cold. since they upgraded the software, i noticed it is now so smoother. however i cannot confirm if linked, but my fuel consumption has increased dramatically since the upgrade. has any one else had this upgrade done recently?

Month/year build:04/2007
Spec Level:LS CL
KMs at time of fault: 500
Symtoms: front passenger belt retractor ceasing.
Fault: retractor mechanisim
Fixed? By: Dealer / warranty
Comments: the seatbelt was getting stuck intermediately when retracted. dealer said theyd lubricated it and it shoul;d be fine. it wasnt. and the dealer then said sometimes they gwet dirt in them. the car was only 1 week old. i cracked it and they got me a new one from warranty!

Note: i have had other minor things such as miss aligned bonnet, bad paintwork ect, but i have since learnt that Ford lack in the PD (Product Detail) as in clean and polish, before they release their cars. i had a prestige Professional PD'er do it and it came up a million dollars.
FocusLSHE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-09-2007, 04:08 PM   #146
FocusLSHE
07' LS Focus - W/Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funky
This is one of the reasons I got an XR5, as they are german not south african. Good luck to all you guys with issues.

Cheers,
Funky
Geez,
Robots make cars, People dont.
Shame your engines sweedish.
Oh and working for PAG - ford, volvo, jag, land rover, aston,
I know a tiny tad about these cars and i think you should look underneath and at the parts before you comment.
get back to me when you find out, there the parts are all from.
:
Old 21-09-2007, 06:42 PM   #147
mudwaa

i would need a PS (professional spraypainter to make mine look a million dollars. But taking it back to Ford to see if they can get it right this time. Fingers crossed
Old 22-09-2007, 01:30 PM   #148
FocusLSHE
07' LS Focus - W/Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudwaa
i would need a PS (professional spraypainter to make mine look a million dollars. But taking it back to Ford to see if they can get it right this time. Fingers crossed
Hey Mudwaa,
If your car is close to 2007 build, ring 13 36 73 select customer relations. and speakw ith them and mention your bad experiences, they will speak with the dealer and find a good solution, possibly choice of sprayer and invoice ford.
Old 22-09-2007, 02:38 PM   #149
Ronz
Starter Motor

had the same problem on thursday as i had when i first got my car (engine systems fault with no brake lights going).

Took it back to the dealer and they found a faulty brake light switch which they replaced under warranty. hopefully its all fixed now.
Ronz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-10-2007, 01:44 PM   #150
JNRBAGS
zetec fanatic

I was thinking of buying a 06 Zetec. I read the reviews on the net and all and it seemed to be a decent car, that is until i found this thread i never knew that ford made such low quality cars.
I spoke to my mechanic and he advised that there "crap cars" and not to bother with them. I didnt believe him but now im kind of reluctant to buy one. looks like its the astra for me now.

just to let you know i reaalllllllllly love these cars they look hot but i dont want to be driving to the dealer every week :(

Regards
Upset focus fanatic
JNRBAGS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post