Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 02-11-2011, 09:05 PM   #91
sysh
A few screw loose

Default Re: LW Focus - any info?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolz
Popped into the dealer this afternoon to sign the piece of paper stating that I was happy to accept the addition of SATNAV for FREE!

SCORE!...certainly makes the 8 week wait a lot more tolerable
Nice one, what did ya get.. Sport or Titanium?
sysh is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-11-2011, 09:10 PM   #92
Nolz

Diesel Sport
Nolz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-11-2011, 09:04 AM   #93
blatchie

If its only the Sat Nav. that's the upgrade well I'm happy to be able to go to the Garage to drive mine today and everyday . I have a Sat Nav that's portable.
I have also had a call from my dealer about a compliance plate change for my car. Anyone else had this problem?
Old 04-11-2011, 10:48 AM   #94
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

You also get a slightly bigger screen, so it goes from 4.2" to 5" (making full use of the cluster display). Haven't seen a car equipped with this yet, but hopefully it makes the interior screen a little clearer.
Old 04-11-2011, 11:44 PM   #95
Nolz

My car was ordered a while back, so to have it thrown in ($500 option) for simply accepting delivery in November was a real bonus. I was more than happy to go without satnav, in fact I wouldn't have optioned it if it was available at the time anyway. Nice to be given something from Ford for no apparent reason for a change
Old 06-11-2011, 01:20 AM   #96
sysh
A few screw loose

Got my ride yesterday and took a nice ride down to Geelong. So far so good, will look to get my k&N airfilters in the weeks to come
Old 06-11-2011, 01:22 AM   #97
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sysh
Got my ride yesterday and took a nice ride down to Geelong. So far so good, will look to get my k&N airfilters in the weeks to come
post up some pics here mate
Professor Farnsworth is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-11-2011, 09:19 AM   #98
Nolz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor Farnsworth
post up some pics here mate
YES! Please do
Old 07-11-2011, 01:33 AM   #99
sysh
A few screw loose

Here you go, not many proper photos taken as I was more keen on driving it as oppose to taking photos

Old 07-11-2011, 09:48 AM   #100
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The silver, looks sensational!
Old 07-11-2011, 11:06 AM   #101
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

so you ended up with the Trend, looks nice. The sedan is a different looking machine for sure, i don't mind it though
Old 07-11-2011, 11:18 AM   #102
sysh
A few screw loose

Yea, felt the additional $3.5k could probably be used for some aftermarket mods down the road. Plus there was a long waiting time for a Sedan Sport. But I'm liking it though, except the lack of a centre armrest
Old 07-11-2011, 11:20 AM   #103
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

yeah that was a weird exclusion from the Trend for the price-point. Does it have a leather wheel? Looks plastic in the pics on carpoint. Enjoy her anyway, very nice cars.
Old 07-11-2011, 02:10 PM   #104
sysh
A few screw loose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor Farnsworth
yeah that was a weird exclusion from the Trend for the price-point. Does it have a leather wheel? Looks plastic in the pics on carpoint. Enjoy her anyway, very nice cars.
Yea, it's a bit of a hassle cos I like to rest my arm when I drive plus it's nice to have extra storage space for my GPS etc. Nope, no leather steering wheel.. except a tiny bit of leather on the gear knob.
Old 08-11-2011, 08:09 AM   #105
Nolz

Looking good! I'm still waiting to hear whether the ship has docked yet. Into my 7th week of waiting!!!!
Old 09-11-2011, 10:27 AM   #106
blatchie

I am not a big fan of the sedan. Is it just me or is the Focus hatch sexier than the Cruze hatch?
Old 09-11-2011, 11:28 AM   #107
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by blatchie
I am not a big fan of the sedan. Is it just me or is the Focus hatch sexier than the Cruze hatch?
Sedan looks good in black or silver IMO. Looks aweful in the red or mustard colour. And yes, the Cruze hatch is an ugly looking machine, well from the prictures shown anyway. The sedan is unoffencive at best, if very plain, but they managed to make the hatch look even more bland.
Old 09-11-2011, 04:07 PM   #108
sysh
A few screw loose

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyhilton
Sedan looks good in black or silver IMO. Looks aweful in the red or mustard colour. And yes, the Cruze hatch is an ugly looking machine, well from the prictures shown anyway. The sedan is unoffencive at best, if very plain, but they managed to make the hatch look even more bland.
I agree that it looks awful in Candy Red cos I saw one at the Dealership. But it looks like a different beast in Moondust Silver, IMO. But since I needed the trunk space, this was the best one going on for me.

I thought the Cruze hatch was heaps better than the Cruze sedan, which looks rather pudgy. But yea, it's still nothing to shout about.
Old 09-11-2011, 11:42 PM   #109
jonohoang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolz
Looking good! I'm still waiting to hear whether the ship has docked yet. Into my 7th week of waiting!!!!
Hey Nolz,
do you mind PM how much you paid for the focus sports you ordered?

I am looking at the same spec as you, and just wondering what people paid.

Also, on alot of websites, it says the hatch has LED taillights. But i had a look today, and it definitely had halogen globes. Do they mean LED taillights as in the middle brake light?

Thanks all
jonohoang is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-11-2011, 02:50 PM   #110
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Update from Ford Dealer, we're now looking at early January. Started at mid December, then late December, now early January. My guess is it must be the Sports Executive Pack slowing the process down, as other people have their Titaniums.

Is there a way I can check the cars progress without having to deal with the dealer?
Old 10-11-2011, 03:14 PM   #111
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

unlikely. My only other guess would be CRC, but i doubt they'd have access to the info.
Old 10-11-2011, 06:07 PM   #112
entheos

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonohoang
Hey Nolz,

Also, on alot of websites, it says the hatch has LED taillights. But i had a look today, and it definitely had halogen globes. Do they mean LED taillights as in the middle brake light?

Thanks all
Ford announced at the beginning of november that there was a 'free auto' promo on Sport and Trend. So you pay the same price as auto as you do for Manual.

As far as the LED's, they are there....it's like 2 stripes which run horizontal on each rear tail light....I'm currently driving a titanium so I'll try and take a pic for you tonight.... they are separate to the Halogen tail lamps...they are more the parkers if that makes any sense...

Quote:
Update from Ford Dealer, we're now looking at early January. Started at mid December, then late December, now early January. My guess is it must be the Sports Executive Pack slowing the process down, as other people have their Titaniums.

Is there a way I can check the cars progress without having to deal with the dealer?
If you can get me the Sido, I MIGHT be able to find out for you....but yeah, it could be cause there is the new Sport and Titanium update with Satnav causing issues...but then I also don't know the current situation....I know that we ordered a Titanium Hatch for someone the other day and it's out till Feb before we see it.... Just as bad ordering a Ranger atm...sorry. :(
Old 10-11-2011, 06:33 PM   #113
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by entheos
If you can get me the Sido, I MIGHT be able to find out for you....but yeah, it could be cause there is the new Sport and Titanium update with Satnav causing issues...but then I also don't know the current situation....I know that we ordered a Titanium Hatch for someone the other day and it's out till Feb before we see it...Just as bad ordering a Ranger
That would be greatly appreciated matey! Have emailed them, they seem to be avoiding me and when I asked about dates, they weren't very specific, so I'm guessing mine has been pushed to February too. Will message you the number if I can get it.

With all the disasters in Thailand, I bet you guys are having a tough time getting Rangers. At just when they're launched, which would make it twice as bad.
Old 10-11-2011, 08:55 PM   #114
sysh
A few screw loose

I got mine at a decent price, I guess with the "free auto" deal. If you look up Car Sales you can see the same for the Sport. They may tell you that they have "limited" colors for this promo, but that's just trash.
Old 10-11-2011, 10:08 PM   #115
entheos

Quote:
That would be greatly appreciated matey! Have emailed them, they seem to be avoiding me and when I asked about dates, they weren't very specific, so I'm guessing mine has been pushed to February too. Will message you the number if I can get it.

With all the disasters in Thailand, I bet you guys are having a tough time getting Rangers. At just when they're launched, which would make it twice as bad.
PM received. I was off work today, but if I get a chance tomorrow morning, I'll get stock control to throw the Sido in Vista and get as much info as I can find for you mate!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sysh
I got mine at a decent price, I guess with the "free auto" deal. If you look up Car Sales you can see the same for the Sport. They may tell you that they have "limited" colors for this promo, but that's just trash.
Yeah, definitely can order any colour in for the promo, but the time frame is what will throw people off sometimes....and it's tough with not all dealers willing to share stock around...definitely sounds a little like salesperson speak...but it's also hard at the moment with promos that Ford put in and NEW models and supply sucks....us salespeople are trying to fill orders...and our managers won't do stock searches without orders and deposits...on top of that you have situations like the ranger where XLT's are now back to late jan/early feb for orders placed now...people think that they'll be able to place an order after christmas and get a car straight away..but there'll be 3 weeks of orders before theirs....I had an order on a supercab XLT from the beginning of october (2nd from memory) and it only just got filled...and delivered today....that's 5-6 weeks from the original release...it's so hard to make the call at the time of sale unless you can confirm stock at the time of the sale...so there's a little insight with new models... ;)
Old 11-11-2011, 10:12 AM   #116
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by entheos
PM received. I was off work today, but if I get a chance tomorrow morning, I'll get stock control to throw the Sido in Vista and get as much info as I can find for you mate!!
Thank you so much!
Old 14-11-2011, 07:55 PM   #117
Nolz

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonohoang
Hey Nolz,

Thanks all
Sorry for the late reply mate. I won't be of much help to you with pricing because I traded in my XR6T ute. I had a figure in my head for change over and they came close so I just went with it. I'm a little too impulsive like that

Pick up the new car on Saturday though!!!! W000t!!!!!
Old 14-11-2011, 08:43 PM   #118
irs

Just been advised that the Sport Diesel I ordered end of September, is now due on 17 December. Originally was due this week.
irs is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-11-2011, 08:59 PM   #119
Nolz

I know that pain. At least my date is drawing closer. It will be a full 8 weeks when I take delivery this weekend!

They would have me think that they are selling like hot cakes but I'm lucky to have seen 4 Focii since I put my deposit down in mid September!
Old 14-11-2011, 09:01 PM   #120
Nolz

Quote:
Originally Posted by irs
Just been advised that the Sport Diesel I ordered end of September, is now due on 17 December. Originally was due this week.
That must also mean you get the "free" sat nav upgrade too? Makes the wait a little less painful.