Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 29-10-2010, 07:46 PM   #1
Velociraptor82
Eat my Brake Dust

Default Road Rage

OK so I've seen a few fingers here and there and heard about the violent stories on the news but up until now I've been fortunate enough to have never seen it.

Today however was a different story. As I was coming home from work I was met by a dark green, rundown, EF/EL while I was sitting stationary at the lights. When the lights went green, I accelerated away as I would on any other day while the guy in the Falcon was was caught napping. Anyway I get to the speed limit and look into my mirrors to confirm he was still way behind me and merge into the right lane with the intent of turning right further up the road. A few moments later my eyes are drawn to my mirrors again, to see the falcon looming up on me at about 15-20km quicker. He tailgates me while flashing his headlights and then goes to the left and pulls up beside me. Matching my speed he swerves at me twice, on the second occasion, the driver reached out of his window to slap my mirror, follow by tossing trash at my car.

Being rather terrified of what he might do next, I accelerated away and turned off into a side street suddenly, fearful that he may follow me. Fortunately there was no damage to my mirror but sadly due to my concern for getting out of the situation I didn't take down his number plate to report him.

Sorry to to be venting like this but I suppose what really bugs me is that I cannot understand what motivation this guy had for such behavior.

Small Ford Sunday 2010 - Best Modified Car presented by the EuroFord Club

If I'm going to Hell, I'm going in a Ford

Old 29-10-2010, 07:55 PM   #2
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Stupidity my friend. You did the right thing.

The more you drive about, the more people you interact with, the more you find that a lot of the people who populate this planet are ... wellll... of the ilk you describe above.
Old 29-10-2010, 07:56 PM   #3
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

his drug dealer may drive a car similar to yours.... he fell asleep at the lights woke up and thought you were his drug dealer speeding off into the distance.... when he caught up you ignored him and wouldnt sell him any drugs.... he flipped..... drugs are bad mkaaay....
Old 29-10-2010, 07:58 PM   #4
SSD-85
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Stupid people dont need motivation mate. Motivation requires thought...
Old 29-10-2010, 08:13 PM   #5
Jim Goose
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

A work collegue tried riding to work a few times.
His first time to work a tradie opened the door to his ute just as he rode past.
This is despite the fact the tradie was standing outside his ute and looked at him just as he was getting closer.
Obviously words (thanks ya ******) were said... and he rode on.
At the next set of lights the tradie caught up to him and started to abuse him and even got out of his ute and grabbed a hammer!!!!

Seriously what frigging drugs are people on when they drive?

Its not just the road rage, but the stupidity show when driving around.

Don't write off the Goose until you see the box going into the hole....
Old 29-10-2010, 08:18 PM   #6
jaydee
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Don't know about stupidity, it's just plain ignorance.
Old 29-10-2010, 08:19 PM   #7
Fled74
The Thread Killa

Sorry to hear that happened to you Simon. Unfortunately people like that are all too common on today's roads..

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
Old 29-10-2010, 08:24 PM   #8
WindsorXR
FGII XR6, Focus Sport, XR

I have also being in a road rage incident, and it frightens the cr@p out of you. It's just annoying that they get away with it. People have way too much pride when behind the wheel and think it's their god given right to own the road.

2011 Purple FGII XR6
2016 LZ Focus Sport

BA XR8 Build Thread (SOLD)
1966 XR Falcon Build Thread
Old 29-10-2010, 08:31 PM   #9
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Maybe he was from Ford Forums "We hate FWD Cars"

Seriously though, glad to hear you managed to keep a cool head and get out of his way. We have seen what happened to one of members with the stabbing in Melbourne. You can't take the chance.
Old 29-10-2010, 08:45 PM   #10
Riksta
Captain Malcolm Reynolds

I don't understand what the guys problem was for a start, you got ahead of him at the traffic lights and got into the lane he was in with plenty of room to spare, and he didn't like that?

That's the way I'm reading it anyway, and it makes the guy look like an utter tool. Wait, tools are useful, this guy sounds like his only use in society is to become another statistic. His number will come.

Glad to hear no damage was done and you got out of it ok.
Originally Posted by Nikked
Riksta likes VN's so much, he has the ashes of a VN in a jar on the mantle piece, a vile of VN engine oil hanging from his neck and a BT1 build plate locked up in a safe, buried under 6ft of concrete.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Day-mow
pretty much what has happened here is i trolled you. and it was fun.
Old 29-10-2010, 09:06 PM   #11
Streets
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucknaked
Maybe he was from Ford Forums "We hate FWD Cars"

Seriously though, glad to hear you managed to keep a cool head and get out of his way. We have seen what happened to one of members with the stabbing in Melbourne. You can't take the chance.
When was that??
Old 29-10-2010, 09:10 PM   #12
fangq

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow_Festiva
Stupidity my friend. You did the right thing.

The more you drive about, the more people you interact with, the more you find that a lot of the people who populate this planet are ... wellll... of the ilk you describe above.
If you want to slide into the dimension where road ragers lurk, have an " L "
driver in your household. Our strategy now, particularly for the night time driving requirements, is to take 2 cars. I ride shotgun in the second car.
It sounds over the top, but my wife and daughter had a couple of very nasty incidents in the Sunshine Coast hinterland , so we decided to be tad pro active.

regards
Steve
Old 29-10-2010, 09:17 PM   #13
WMD351
Size it up

Yep best thing is you and your car are O.K.
This sort of crap can escalate so very quickly and turn to absolute tragedy. It doesn't make sense, but it's the way it is, so it's always best to just let it go IMO
Old 29-10-2010, 10:12 PM   #14
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by fangq
If you want to slide into the dimension where road ragers lurk, have an " L "
driver in your household. Our strategy now, particularly for the night time driving requirements, is to take 2 cars. I ride shotgun in the second car.
It sounds over the top, but my wife and daughter had a couple of very nasty incidents in the Sunshine Coast hinterland , so we decided to be tad pro active.

regards
Steve
reminds me of when my younger sister was out with mum for a drive on her 'L's.... some hero she went to school with got smart on the road with her.... i went around his place and punched his head in........
Old 29-10-2010, 10:16 PM   #15
Riksta
Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Quote:
Originally Posted by pottery beige
reminds me of when my younger sister was out with mum for a drive on her 'L's.... some hero she went to school with got smart on the road with her.... i went around his place and punched his head in........
You mean your mum didn't go round there with the broomstick?
Originally Posted by Nikked
Riksta likes VN's so much, he has the ashes of a VN in a jar on the mantle piece, a vile of VN engine oil hanging from his neck and a BT1 build plate locked up in a safe, buried under 6ft of concrete.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Day-mow
pretty much what has happened here is i trolled you. and it was fun.
Old 29-10-2010, 10:29 PM   #16
Ben73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Some queer **** swerved at me for looking at him while driving.
He was driving stupid, I looked at him, he saw me and then started swerving at me, swearing... etc.
The idiot had his mobile number on his car... LOL that caused some fun at 2am for me.

Also had his name on his car. Looked up his address in the white pages.. couldn't find a match :(
If I did I was gonna work his car over.
I saw him about 3 times on the road since the first, each time he has remembered me and acted like a **** head.

Last edited by Ben73; 29-10-2010 at 10:36 PM.
Old 29-10-2010, 10:36 PM   #17
ThaFlash
Trusted Seller

sounds like light wars to me and the loser who was "caught napping" wasn't too happy

that's cranbourne for ya
Old 29-10-2010, 10:40 PM   #18
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben73
Some queer **** swerved at me for looking at him while driving.
He was driving stupid, I looked at him, he saw me and then started swerving at me, swearing... etc.
The idiot had his mobile number on his car... LOL that caused some fun at 2am for me.

Also had his name on his car. Looked up his address in the white pages.. couldn't find a match :(
If I did I was gonna work his car over.
I saw him about 3 times on the road since the first, each time he has remembered me and acted like a **** head.
wow aint messin with you.. your out to grind some poor bloke into the ground....
Old 29-10-2010, 10:50 PM   #19
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

some people are just out of control, look at this clip
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6aYuvoInqw
Old 29-10-2010, 10:52 PM   #20
StrokedXT
Banned

Quote:

Your so Big and tuff i bow down and worship at you awesome feet.
Old 29-10-2010, 11:04 PM   #21
XlR8TED

Anyone who works in health, or any copper can tell you how many mentally unstable people there are out there. Unfortunately, a lot of them have licences.

No point putting yourself into a dangerous situation by retaliating...so good on you. Not everyone is as level headed.
Old 29-10-2010, 11:10 PM   #22
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrokedXT
Your so Big and tuff i bow down and worship at you awesome feet.
thanks awsome you feet.....
Old 30-10-2010, 12:04 AM   #23
Ben73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
wow aint messin with you.. your out to grind some poor bloke into the ground....
Well the first time he was acting like an idiot I just let it go.

But the 2nd and 3rd time is when I got ****ed off and got his name, number etc..

This idiot was asking for it anyway. He was having road rage with some old guy who was 'going to slow for him' and i just looked at the idiot, and then he transfer his road rage towards me. So don't just say I was trying to grind some poor bloke into the ground. He was the ****head from the start.
Old 30-10-2010, 12:24 AM   #24
Linkachu
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I can't believe that footage with the truck and that ****** chasing him. I'm from a country town so this thing is unknown to me, best I could get is yelled at or the finger.
Old 30-10-2010, 12:27 AM   #25
chrisfpv
Browsing here and there..

This reminds me of some road rage I witnessed the other day.

I was on my way to work and driving with the flow of the traffic to the point where I was behind this P plater for a fair while. I'd say a good 15mins atleast. Nothing out of the ordinary, just driving along as normal.

We are both in the right lane (i'm behind the p plater) and this chick in some cannoned up rice mobile drives past me and pulls up a little ahead of this P plater and decides she wants to be in the right lane, so she merges across. No blinker, no nothing. She was so close to this P plater that if he didn't hit the breaks she would've side swiped him. I was in shock that he reacted so fast, and also that she actually just did that.

But to my amazement the P plater does nothing. No horn, no flashing lights but just drives along like nothing is wrong. I'm like hmm ok a little weird but has nothing to do with me. After this happens I move over to the left lane and then it begins...

Still in the right lane, this P plater slows down all of a sudden until he is about 100m back from this chick and then floors it right up this chicks backside and hits the breaks just before his bumper touches her tow bar. He then backs off again until he is about 200m behind her, then floors it and roars past me and right up behind her again.

He then goes for it again but as he is slowing down she moves into the left lane. Again the P plater comes roaring up and pulls up next to her and then swerves at her. This chick crapped her pants and ended up off the road on the grass, while this P plater swerved into her lane and continued to drive along like nothing had happened, while i'm looking at this chick on the side of the road in my rearview mirror.

So weird thinking about how this guy went from a calm driver, not breaking the speed limit for the approx 15mins I was driving with him, to doing nothing when this chick cuts him off to going mental and trying to ram her and ends up running her off the road, then back to calm and on with the drive...
Old 30-10-2010, 12:32 AM   #26
Ben73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yeah that guy with the truck is pathetic. If I was the trucker I probably would of hit his car, with him still in it preferably.
Old 30-10-2010, 12:37 AM   #27
svo supporter
Fixing Ford's **** ups

Quote:
Originally Posted by mik
some people are just out of control, look at this clip
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6aYuvoInqw

Half the problem with that footage, is exactly that. Only half the incident was filmed.

LINKACHU and others that think along the same lines, I ask this of you

If you were travelling at 100 KPH along a main road and you had a truck near wipe the side of your car out, with a 2 month old baby on that side, how would you react?

Before people think that's me in the VID, it's not. However I do know the bloke that was agro at the truck driver and what I have described is exactly what occurred.

Yeah, it may be a little overboard, but when a truck nearly kills you and/or your 2 month old child, some people do get a little agro.

Please read the manual carefully, as the these manufacturers spent millions of dollars making sure it is perfect.....Now why are there so many problems with my car, when I follow the instructions to the letter?....Answer, majority rules round here

Lock me up and throw away the key because I'm a hoon....I got caught doing 59 in a 60 zone
Old 30-10-2010, 12:40 AM   #28
Ben73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Care to share his side of the story then? I'd love to know exactly what happened to make someone this ****ed off.
Old 30-10-2010, 12:46 AM   #29
chrisfpv
Browsing here and there..

Quote:
Originally Posted by svo supporter
If you were travelling at 100 KPH along a main road and you had a truck near wipe the side of your car out, with a 2 month old baby on that side, how would you react?
Sounds like that's what happened mate.
Old 30-10-2010, 12:50 AM   #30
svo supporter
Fixing Ford's **** ups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben73
Care to share his side of the story then? I'd love to know exactly what happened to make someone this ****ed off.

The bloke was travelling along the road, doing his 100 KPH and as they rounded a slight bend in the road, when the truck just came across nearly wiping the whole side of the car out. The fella had to take evasion action, so he wasn't stuck underneath the trailer wheels. The road is in good condition, with no pot holes, or gouges to cause any deviation. The bend is also very gental, with no suggested speed signs. It is easily taken at 100 KPH in any car, bus or truck.

From what was said to me, the truckie was coming down from his wakie wakie pills, therefore started to nod off. Needless to say, the truckie definately woke up, when he was "confronted".

Please read the manual carefully, as the these manufacturers spent millions of dollars making sure it is perfect.....Now why are there so many problems with my car, when I follow the instructions to the letter?....Answer, majority rules round here

Lock me up and throw away the key because I'm a hoon....I got caught doing 59 in a 60 zone
Closed Thread