Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 20-09-2007, 05:38 PM   #1
zetec jim
04 fiesta zetec

Default Please help!?

Alright, its not that big an issue, but has anyone had a really annoying squeak (over bumps) in what seems to be the drivers side door/window pillar? Just wanted to check before i go in there with 30 galons of WD40. :togo:
cheers

Interior: Colour-coded trims. ST leather gear knob w leather gaiter. Brushed Aluminium pedals. Scuff Plates.
Performance: Denso Iridium sparks. CAI. 2" cat-back with Hi-tech stainless muffler & dual chrome tips. Lowered. RSB soon!
zetec jim is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-09-2007, 11:57 PM   #2
kiwijohn42
Death B4 Decaf

I've got the same. Don't know what it is.
Old 22-09-2007, 04:43 PM   #3
zetec jim
04 fiesta zetec

just solved it today!... with the trusted hand of WD40. The problem on mine was the harder rubber panel/strip (not door/weather seal strip) was rubbing against the paint on the door column, you can see where it is rubbing, a little mark. Just wiped some good ol' WD40 on the sucker and it's stopped. try that, if you dont understand my crazy explanation i'll take some pics.
cheers
Interior: Colour-coded trims. ST leather gear knob w leather gaiter. Brushed Aluminium pedals. Scuff Plates.
Performance: Denso Iridium sparks. CAI. 2" cat-back with Hi-tech stainless muffler & dual chrome tips. Lowered. RSB soon!
zetec jim is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-09-2007, 12:39 PM   #4
crispymk2

I've got one that sounds like its coming from the hard plastic on the passenger side near the parcel shelf thingy... really annoying