Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 09-07-2008, 12:52 PM   #1
old fordnut
too many fords

Default Fuel use

You guys with XR5 mondeo's, what sort of km's are you getting fom a tank?

old fordnut is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-07-2008, 03:06 PM   #2
Lord Viykor
XR5 convert

Quote:
Originally Posted by old fordnut
You guys with XR5 mondeo's, what sort of km's are you getting fom a tank?
We been getting around 575km before filling up,haven't tried pushing it to see how accurate the fuel gauge/computer is. Not sure how much better it will get, about 80% of our driving is in city traffic. We have just clocked up 3000km so it might improve slightly.
The mods: Window tint | Fomoco alloy pedals | Red painted brake calipers | THB Bury bluetooth | Bluefin | GGR CAI | Bilstein B6 sports dampers | Eilbach lowered coils | 2XS Inhaler (Top Induction Pipe) | EBC Ultimax discs and EBC red stuff brake pads | Mongoose 3" dump with Mongoose 3" 200 cell cat into custom system with Varex mufflers | Forge re-circ valve | Airtech intercooler coming soon
Lord Viykor is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-07-2008, 04:16 PM   #3
TheColonel

11-12 lt/100km around the city, 7-8 on the highway
Old 09-07-2008, 07:40 PM   #4
paulie0735
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech article(s) 

I have 12,000 k's on mine to date. The TC has never been reset in that time, average is sitting on 10.1 lts/100 at an average speed of 43kph. This is the only way to really judge your fuel usage. K's per tank is an awful measurement and can vary significantly based on the roads you use, traffic, driving style, mood and the list goes on. Do an average over at least 5,000 k's and compare that to your average speed this will give you a true total of how much fuel your are using. Remember running the AC with the climate control will also knock your fuel economy around.

Cheers.
paulie0735 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-07-2008, 09:11 PM   #5
ian b

After 8000kms, the computer read out varies between 8.8 and 8.7 depending on the type of trip most recently undertaken.

I travel the M4 GWH to Blue Mountains route mostly so the read out goes up and down depending on my direction of travel. I recently did a fair bit of local driving which again pushed the numbers up.

Still better than the old BA, and more comfortable.
Old 10-07-2008, 09:51 AM   #6
Zippy7

Still running mine in (I haven't clocked up 1000 k's yet), but it seems to be around 12-13 around the city, and 8-9 on the freeway. When it loosens up, I should expect it to drop by about 1L/100km.