Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 01-05-2008, 09:03 PM   #1
perthxr6t
PERTHXR6T

Default Zorst is done

Got the car back yesterday and all is good i'm told for the new zorst. No drone cruise'in at HWY speeds in 6th gear@130kph the better half says and she knows her cars and wouldn't put up with a crap system that drones.

1st-4th a nice note when the pedal is pushed down she tells me and she is very happy with the new system.

Nick who works with Simon @ XtremeFordTuning in Perth done the system for us and he knows how fussy Dona is when it comes to her car as it has to be perfect or it's big trouble for Nick so he must have done a bloody good job no joke.

Panther Black XR5T Mondeo
Sunroof
BlueTooth
Mods So Far

Air Box Mod
Lowered Eibach Springs 25mm
Alloy foot Pedals
Waiting for the Edit to come
Custom Cat Back Zorst
perthxr6t is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-05-2008, 03:52 PM   #2
apstar
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Nice to see side on picture.......please

apstar
apstar is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-07-2008, 11:45 AM   #3
El Sucio

PerthXR6T: I see you are still waiting on the flash tune?

I've been trawling through this forum a fair bit and haven't seen any Mondeo owners have this mod done yet.

Is there any understanding amongst "those in the know" as to when this will be available in Oz? I'm really keen to see what these Mondeo XR5's are like with cold air, zorst & custom tune.

Cheers.

Previous Rides:
KH Laser TX3
EF Futura (RIP)
EL XR6
AU2 XR6
BA XR8
BF XR8
BF Wagon (XR6 Lookalike)
2014 Ford Ranger
2000 AU XR8 with all the options boxes ticked (RIP)

G.M.H. - Get a Mechanic...Hurry!!
El Sucio is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-07-2008, 12:28 PM   #4
Lord Viykor
XR5 convert

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Sucio

I've been trawling through this forum a fair bit and haven't seen any Mondeo owners have this mod done yet.

Is there any understanding amongst "those in the know" as to when this will be available in Oz? I'm really keen to see what these Mondeo XR5's are like with cold air, zorst & custom tune.

Cheers.
I think LR Sedan has the Bluefin, I could be mistaken though. You should have a look at XR5Turbo forums most users tend to be on both forums but possibly under different usernames.
The mods: Window tint | Fomoco alloy pedals | Red painted brake calipers | THB Bury bluetooth | Bluefin | GGR CAI | Bilstein B6 sports dampers | Eilbach lowered coils | 2XS Inhaler (Top Induction Pipe) | EBC Ultimax discs and EBC red stuff brake pads | Mongoose 3" dump with Mongoose 3" 200 cell cat into custom system with Varex mufflers | Forge re-circ valve | Airtech intercooler coming soon
Lord Viykor is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-07-2008, 12:43 PM   #5
perthxr6t
PERTHXR6T

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Sucio

Cheers.
I emailed CAPA about the edit for Australian conditions and was told by them in 2 months time it would be here. This was about 1 month ago so lets hope it's here soon as i will be getting it done to bring my AFR down as these cars run too rich.

Sunroof
BlueTooth
Mods So Far

Air Box Mod
Alloy foot Pedals
Custom Cat Back Zorst
Old 16-07-2008, 02:37 PM   #6
r2d2

Hi Perthxr6

I am wanting to do the same to my exhaust and was hoping to at some point catch up with you and hear the note from the exhaust. I live in Rockingham and work in Perth and drive to when most days. If you could spare the time at some point it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

James

R2D2
Old 16-07-2008, 03:12 PM   #7
LRsedan
Now XR5hatch!

Yeah I have the bluefin ECU tune. (Im on the xr5 turbo site as MondeoXR5t).

Quite happy to answer any questions you might have...
LRsedan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-07-2008, 03:26 PM   #8
paulie0735
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech article(s) 

Quote:
Originally Posted by perthxr6t
.....lets hope it's here soon as i will be getting it done to bring my AFR down as these cars run too rich.
Not sure where you're getting your info from there mate, but let me assure you these things are not fat, they are tuned for euro4 and are L.E.A.N!!, closed loop at cruise is fine but at WOT they are borderline. This is the reason they don't respond that well to exhaust changes etc. I'm looking forward to the tuning software so I can fatten it up and get some horse power out of it! CAPA and DS will be on the market at the same time, both are saying "soon" what ever the f%$# that means.........!
paulie0735 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-07-2008, 04:46 PM   #9
TheColonel

I had a chat to DS the other day, there are delays due to various bugs in the code for the mondeo 2.5t tune and also getting it to work on the new handsets they are going to be using... the long and the short of it is the tune for the Focus XR5 (ST) was released approx 1 1/2yrs after most of the other flash tune suppliers, so you could be in for a few months wait yet. DS are not stressing about it as the numbers they are getting are good, and they seem to have a fair chuck of the market for aftermarket flash tuners and know people will wait and buy their product when it is released... there is always bluefin out there for those whom can't wait, it'll give you the results you want but you wont have those custom features...
Old 17-07-2008, 01:45 PM   #10
perthxr6t
PERTHXR6T

Quote:
Originally Posted by r2d2
Hi Perthxr6

I am wanting to do the same to my exhaust and was hoping to at some point catch up with you and hear the note from the exhaust. I live in Rockingham and work in Perth and drive to when most days. If you could spare the time at some point it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

James

R2D2
Hi James

I'm back in Australia in 2 weeks time from this Friday mate and you can have a listen to the zorst at idle and we'll go for a short run so you can listen at cruise speeds and i might even do a sound file and put it on here just so others can listen . The better half drives the car to work in West Perth everyday so if your close maybe you can call in to where she works and have a listen.

It's a beautiful note for a 5 cylinder and sounds damm good while driving and no drone either. Once you hear it you'll be going to see Nick from Xtreme Ford Tuning to get one i assure you.

Cheers
Neil

Sunroof
BlueTooth
Mods So Far

Air Box Mod
Alloy foot Pedals
Custom Cat Back Zorst
Old 17-07-2008, 02:27 PM   #11
r2d2

Thanks Neil

I will await your return and look forward to hearing that beautiful note. I can meet you in West Perth or any where else really. Thanks again for the offer and I look forward to catching up.

James