Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 09-08-2017, 07:08 PM   #1
nicrobell

Default MD Mondeo jack storage

I'm having trouble putting my scissor jack back correctly after changing a wheel. I would like someone to send a picture or diagram of the right setup please. The car is an MD Mondeo Titanium hatch.
Many thanks in advance.
nicrobell is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-08-2017, 08:38 PM   #2
cobrin
Challenge Accepted!

Default Re: MD Mondeo jack storage

page 204 of he owners manual (online):

https://www.ford.com.au/owners/owner...l-overlay.html/
Old 09-08-2017, 09:23 PM   #3
nicrobell

Thanks Cobrin for your fast reply. Unfortunately the information shown in the manual is different to what my car has. My car does not have any moulded foam for the jack and handle to sit in. There is a single stud that screws into a fixed floor bracket. The tow hook is attached to the jack itself with nylon C clips. The spare wheel goes over this face up and is secured with a plastic nut. My dilemma is getting the jack back into its original position. If anyone has a similar model I would love to get a photo of the jack in situ.
Old 10-08-2017, 12:03 AM   #4
cobrin
Challenge Accepted!

Bugger was worth a try, sorry mate.
Old 10-08-2017, 03:22 PM   #5
burra
Starter Motor

Hi there....The actual jack handle folds up and actually fits onto the jack itself via a round hole at the top of the jack and a lug on the bottom...so the "extension" of the jack itself is determined by the dimension of the jack handle. Once you fit the handle onto the face of the jack you then just wind it out to tension it up for stowage.

image2.JPG

image3.JPG
burra is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 10-08-2017, 05:28 PM   #6
nicrobell

Thank you very much for the photos. I should have taken a photo myself before removing it.