Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 05-12-2007, 10:22 PM   #31
GRT046
Mondeo TDCi

I see the TDCi has won another award ..... this time in Australia. "Australia's Best Cars" medium car above $28000 ..... probably the most competitive class.
GRT046 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-12-2007, 10:28 PM   #32
docjames
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keepleft
Advocacy mode on, so no offence:-

http://www.ford.com.au/servlet/Conte...p&c=DFYArticle

See the website re other items.

$48 ripoff. Buy one, just not from Ford.
docjames is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-12-2007, 07:05 PM   #33
jared79
Sock Puppets

I ordered mine last Friday the 29th of November. Been told it will not be here till early Jan 08 because they couldn't get mine with the colour i chose from other dealer. I also didn't get the TDCi, I just went for the Petrol Zetec. Couldn't afford the extra couple grand for the diesel unfortunately. Mine was also about number 470. Not bad for 2 weeks of being of sale. It will pickup once people see them on the road.

Can't wait though.
jared79 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-12-2007, 05:48 PM   #34
outback_ute
Ute Forum Moderator
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRT046
I see the TDCi has won another award ..... this time in Australia. "Australia's Best Cars" medium car above $28000 ..... probably the most competitive class.
It got the second-highest score of any category-winning car too
outback_ute is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-12-2007, 01:16 PM   #35
Superoo
Mondeo TDCi / BA XR6T

Quote:
Originally Posted by outback_ute
It got the second-highest score of any category-winning car too
In a very hotly contested category as well. The Jetta and Accord Euro are proven class acts. Just saw my first Mondeo on the road - a black XR5. Very nice.
Old 13-12-2007, 01:19 PM   #36
Superoo
Mondeo TDCi / BA XR6T

Quote:
I don't think there are any worries re my plates as they have already been ordered and confirmed
I already have my euro plates too - it's the rebate from Ford that I'm concerned about as delivery slips into next year.
Old 13-12-2007, 03:31 PM   #37
Dusty1
Giddy up!

Default Mondeo

There's a boat coming in on 22/12. That's the last day it's due in. I put my order in on 3/11, and don't look like getting it until 27 or 28/12.
TDCi, Silver, leather, sunroof and bluetooth. Should be a good unit, when I finally get it.
Was told it was due to leave Belgium on 8 Nov, but it was pushed back until 11/12, then to 22/12.
Dealer told me, they wanted to get it into all the awards for this year, and Ford didn't really care about delivery to us normal customers. Still, been a long time waiting, but been good walking to work.
Dusty1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-12-2007, 07:06 AM   #38
GRT046
Mondeo TDCi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty1
There's a boat coming in on 22/12. That's the last day it's due in. I put my order in on 3/11, and don't look like getting it until 27 or 28/12.
TDCi, Silver, leather, sunroof and bluetooth. Should be a good unit, when I finally get it.
I have been told that mine (similar spec but frozen white) will be here in time to be registered this year which is good as stamp duty in Qld increases on 1 january (4 cyl +1%, 6 cyl +1.5% and 8 cyl +2%)

In my case the dealer has organised the plates to my spec.
Old 14-12-2007, 05:50 PM   #39
zetec1 2005
Starter Motor

Im a ford man,but recently took the new Skoda Octavia turbo diesel for a test drive.
This is one great car.Packed with great features,very well built and a very very responsive engine.
Ive had a good look at the Mondeo in Europe and when it came out here.Looks impressive-its next on my list for a test drive.
zetec1 2005 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-12-2007, 05:58 PM   #40
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by zetec1 2005
Im a ford man,but recently took the new Skoda Octavia turbo diesel for a test drive.
This is one great car.Packed with great features,very well built and a very very responsive engine.
Ive had a good look at the Mondeo in Europe and when it came out here.Looks impressive-its next on my list for a test drive.
The new Skodas look like crap.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-12-2007, 07:52 PM   #41
zetec1 2005
Starter Motor

Really?You dont like the styling?
The RS turbo looks great,and the upper market Octavia looks classy.
The rest are,a tad conservative....
If you are refering to the quality-dont even go there.
This car has won awards consistently-for years now,all over Europe.Being on a VW platform is also overhyped,a LOT of their cars development comes from them.
They also consistently rate higher in reviews than their VW "brothers"
Old 14-12-2007, 11:13 PM   #42
docjames
Starter Motor

Quote:
Dealer told me, they wanted to get it into all the awards for this year, and Ford didn't really care about delivery to us normal customers. .
And this is why Ford's reputation is lousy. Why on earth is the dealer telling you Ford doesnt give a stuff about you -you've just signed to buy a car and the dealer tells you they dont care.

Idiot dealers. Ford head office need to fix this ASAP. Can you imagine a Toyota or BMW dealer telling you this? I think not.
docjames is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-12-2007, 10:50 AM   #43
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by zetec1 2005
Really?You dont like the styling?
The RS turbo looks great,and the upper market Octavia looks classy.
The rest are,a tad conservative....
If you are refering to the quality-dont even go there.
This car has won awards consistently-for years now,all over Europe.Being on a VW platform is also overhyped,a LOT of their cars development comes from them.
They also consistently rate higher in reviews than their VW "brothers"
Its just the poxy looking grilles they fit to them, and the rest of the styling is pretty boring too. Compared to the Mondeo its so plain, the Mondeo is a real looker.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-12-2007, 10:18 PM   #44
zetec1 2005
Starter Motor

Mate,the Mondeo is one great looking car,especially that XR5.They also feel extremely solid.
I cant wait to take one out for a spin!!
For overall beasty looks though...
the F6 typhoon-that really is a man's car.
Old 15-12-2007, 10:52 PM   #45
CADSKY
'01 AU11 XR8 UTE

went down to the old ford dealer today and had a look at the new mondeo xr5 and it was orsome!!!!! its a fantastic car with heaps of xtras. the leather and the chrome. its just a great car. had to resist taking it for a drive tho, would have probly walked out with one if i had lol

CURRENT
'01 AU2 XR8 UTE - 5 SPEED MANUAL.
MUCH WORK TO DO.

PREVIOUS
'07 BF MK11 XR6 - 6 SPEED AUTO
'95 EF XR6 - 5 SPEED MANUAL

See my car HERE
CADSKY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-12-2007, 03:32 PM   #46
Dusty1
Giddy up!

Have just got a Ford demo until my Mondeo comes in. It's a press car, so it's had a hard life so far, but I am impressed at the responsiveness from a diesel. I've got just over half a tank left, and the distance to empty is reading over 500 kms. Took me a while to work out the climate system, but you can do it all by the bluetooth unit. The link to hte phone is very handy. All up, very pleased, and can't wait until mine come in. The Age had an article on Saturday about the TDCi, and said the sunroof was noisy - rot. No more noisy than a normal sunroof. ALthough the sunroof coer doesn't have any vents in it to let air in when the sliding cover is closed. Bit of a disapointment.
Old 17-12-2007, 09:40 PM   #47
jared79
Sock Puppets

Quote:
Have just got a Ford demo until my Mondeo comes in. It's a press car, so it's had a hard life so far, but I am impressed at the responsiveness from a diesel. I've got just over half a tank left, and the distance to empty is reading over 500 kms. Took me a while to work out the climate system, but you can do it all by the bluetooth unit. The link to hte phone is very handy. All up, very pleased, and can't wait until mine come in. The Age had an article on Saturday about the TDCi, and said the sunroof was noisy - rot. No more noisy than a normal sunroof. ALthough the sunroof coer doesn't have any vents in it to let air in when the sliding cover is closed. Bit of a disapointment.

Hey Dusty, when is your car due.
Old 18-12-2007, 12:48 PM   #48
Dusty1
Giddy up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jared79
Hey Dusty, when is your car due.
Got told by the dealer yesterday that the boat now looks like coming in on 25 Dec. It will take a day for them to get it ready, then I have to get it. Earliest will be 28/12, but that is now blown out. Looks more like 31/12 or even 2/1, maybe even later that week.

It's the TDCi hatch with leather, bluetooth, sunroof. I was told that there were two colours left on the boat, a white one (I saw someone here snagged that) and a silver one. Mine is silver. If it doesn't get to me before 3/1, that would make it a two month wait (I signed the paper work on 3/11). I've currently got the blue one which has been doing the press rounds.

Screw your dealer hard. I have. I didn't have a car, so that's how I ended up with a Ford demo. They are also going to swing in a few extras for me, towbar, bonnet protector, iPod cable and second and third services.

I did see a black TDCI today, and it had the normal plates, and a tow bar. So they obviously can get them fitted.

One thing though, the hatch opens up a long way. I've been very worried about banging it on roofs of carparks, as I have to almost reach up with a straight arm to pull it down, and I'm six foot. That's not in the marketing material. Plus the bluetooth is a bit dodgy at times, you have to talk in a pommy accent to control the fan. The phone is a bit weird also, but when I get mine, I'll suss it out properly.
Old 18-12-2007, 02:20 PM   #49
GRT046
Mondeo TDCi

Quote:
Got told by the dealer yesterday that the boat now looks like coming in on 25 Dec.
I presume that is the boat that was due on the 19th Dec. Mine is supposedly coming on that boat also...... same spec as yours but white. Order signed the 1st week of Nov also.

I am hoping that mine can be registered by 31st Dec to pick up on my return from leave on 4th Jan.

In the meantime the AU11 will have to soldier on.
Old 19-12-2007, 09:56 AM   #50
Dusty1
Giddy up!

Quote:
I presume that is the boat that was due on the 19th Dec. Mine is supposedly coming on that boat also...... same spec as yours but white. Order signed the 1st week of Nov also.

I am hoping that mine can be registered by 31st Dec to pick up on my return from leave on 4th Jan.

In the meantime the AU11 will have to soldier on.
Did you score the euro plates? What's this about a rebate, I've heard mentioned?

If you're in Brisbane and the boat was originally due in on 11/12, so it must go (Perth?) Melb, Syd, Bris then. That would have made it a 19/12 delivery for you. So you can look at it being delivered, most likely, after 31/12 now. Especially if it was going to take 8 days to get from Melb to Brisbane (boat in Melb on 11/12, up to Brisbane on 19/12). What a .

I had the offer of a white one or silver (only 2 colours left), spoke to the missus and she said silver. If I didn't, we might have swapped cars! Weird. When did you sign? I was 3/11.

The a/c is great, so too is the sunroof, you'll get a lot of use out of both in Brisbane. The voice operated climate control is a hoot! It rained here today (first time in a long time), and the auto wipers didn't kick in. You'll need them too. As mine is a Ford demo, I've got no books so I can't figure everything out. The bluetooth for the phone will require some study. I'll keep you informed.

If you want to ask any more questions, PM me. Happy to talk - xmas week is slow.
Old 19-12-2007, 04:46 PM   #51
DeKa

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtr007
Also what engine mods can i get for it
It's a joint Peugeot/Citroen/Ford engine. It's call the DW10 TED4.
It's been in Peugeot 307 and Peugeot 407 cars in Australia for about 2 years so you'll probably find more information about it from the Peugeot side of things than from Ford owners.
DeKa is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-12-2007, 08:14 PM   #52
monkeyboy666

I'm in Sydney and I also ordered my Mondeo (TDCi Hatch, Thunder with leather and sunroof) on the 3/11. Dealer said it would be 4 weeks but that came and went and I heard not a word, until he called yesterday and said it would be at the dealership 25/12 - which obviously is unlikely so its looking like 27th or 28th. I guess mine was on that same boat crammed full of Mondeos...
monkeyboy666 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-12-2007, 12:37 AM   #53
jared79
Sock Puppets

Well I spoke to my dealer on Monday and he said it's coming in on the 20th of Jan for me. So I don't know what boat he is talking about seeing someone said it was a 2month wait from this boat that comes in this week. I am going out of mind waiting for it. I currently have a 95 Falcon that getting long in the tooth. Just want my MONDEO!!!

So anyone that gets theirs prior to Chrissie or just after is so lucky. I am about to go on 2 weeks leave and it would have been so nice to take it up the coast for a day. Oh well. We continue to wait.
Old 21-12-2007, 02:01 PM   #54
ajay1940

I got mine on Tuesday. Ordered 28 Oct. Haven't had a proper drive yet, but on first impressions it's well worth the wait.
ajay1940 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-12-2007, 06:28 PM   #55
GRT046
Mondeo TDCi

Thanks for the info Dusty1 ......... have PM'd you with other info
Old 21-12-2007, 08:33 PM   #56
jared79
Sock Puppets

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay1940
I got mine on Tuesday. Ordered 28 Oct. Haven't had a proper drive yet, but on first impressions it's well worth the wait.
Congratulations.
Old 22-12-2007, 09:57 PM   #57
perthxr6t
PERTHXR6T

We ordered the Mondeo XR5 in white with sun roof and blue tooth and we have to wait till May 08 till we get it as we are the first in the country to order that combo :

But you get that i spose

Panther Black XR5T Mondeo
Sunroof
BlueTooth
Mods So Far

Air Box Mod
Lowered Eibach Springs 25mm
Alloy foot Pedals
Waiting for the Edit to come
Custom Cat Back Zorst
perthxr6t is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-12-2007, 09:28 AM   #58
Turbodiesel
Torquer

I'm looking forward to seeing some nice photos of all your beautiful new Mondeos
Turbodiesel is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-12-2007, 09:39 PM   #59
bearass
FG XR8

Quote:
Originally Posted by jared79
Well I spoke to my dealer on Monday and he said it's coming in on the 20th of Jan for me. So I don't know what boat he is talking about seeing someone said it was a 2month wait from this boat that comes in this week. I am going out of mind waiting for it. I currently have a 95 Falcon that getting long in the tooth. Just want my MONDEO!!!

So anyone that gets theirs prior to Chrissie or just after is so lucky. I am about to go on 2 weeks leave and it would have been so nice to take it up the coast for a day. Oh well. We continue to wait.
I was also told today that the boat was expected in on the 14th January, then i guess a week or two to get it to the dealer and predeliver it so i am guessing i will see it late January (originally ordered mid November). i like you just want my MONDEO..........NOW.
Old 29-12-2007, 12:47 AM   #60
Superoo
Mondeo TDCi / BA XR6T

My TDCi will be ready to pick up late next week. Ordered in late October so it's been a bit of a wait. Looking forward to it now (except having to pay for it...). Hopefully I'll feel better visiting the bowser once a fortnight as opposed to once a week currently. I've only seen 2 on the road but none in Blue Ambition as yet.