Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 20-03-2008, 02:13 AM   #1
micktorr2000
Starter Motor

Default Adding Bluetooth

I picked up a new xr5 mondeo on Thursday. It didn't come with the factory bluetooth option. Does anyone know or has added their own blue tooth connection to the stereo?

micktorr2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-03-2008, 06:32 AM   #2
paulie0735
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech article(s) 

Congratulations, great car and welcome to the Forum.

Mine also has the Bluetooth kit omitted (Cannot believe Ford Aus did not make it standard) you probably already know that it’s a "factory" fit and can't be added later, so your only option is an aftermarket kit. I had the dealer install a Bury kit in mine and it works perfectly, naturally it does not integrate with the dash the way the factory one does but it mutes the radio etc and is not intrusive in the cabin. Small add-on control was discreetly fitted to the lower section of the consul. Very happy. There are cheaper kits around but the Bury is a very well know international brand and should give many years of trouble free service.

paulie0735 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-06-2008, 05:21 PM   #3
LRsedan
Now XR5hatch!

Paul,

Spent ages digging for this thread ha ha.

Do you have pics of how the cradle for the phone was mounted? Im considering the bury kit as they make one for iPhone.

Just trying to get ipod and phone troubles sorted in my car.

Cheers
Greg.
LRsedan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-06-2008, 07:42 PM   #4
paulie0735
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech article(s) 

Greg, there is no cradle for the phone, its all wireless remote through bluetooth. I use an HP iPac PDA and either just leave it in my pocket or throw it in the console. The audio system just picks it up automaticly when you start the car. IPod connects via the aux port but I think the iphone (when it arrives) will communicate totally via bluetooth, at least I hope it does as I have registered for one via optus.
Old 19-06-2008, 08:27 PM   #5
apstar
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Paul
I also have an HP PDA 3700 does that mean my Mp3's on the PDA will play via bluetooth to the radio ?
apstar
apstar is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-06-2008, 09:41 PM   #6
jared79
Sock Puppets

No, you can't play music through the bluetooth on the Mondeo. paulie0735, I read a UK website that the iPhone will connect to the mondeo. It doesn't do last call though. I don't really care about that anyway, cause I don't use it anyway. But it does work. I have also registered with both Optus and Vodafone. I will be going with who every has the best deal.

Ford Mondeo Zetec Hatch in Blue Ambition
jared79 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-06-2008, 10:01 PM   #7
Lord Viykor
XR5 convert

Paul,

what model Bury did you buy?
The mods: Window tint | Fomoco alloy pedals | Red painted brake calipers | THB Bury bluetooth | Bluefin | GGR CAI | Bilstein B6 sports dampers | Eilbach lowered coils | 2XS Inhaler (Top Induction Pipe) | EBC Ultimax discs and EBC red stuff brake pads | Mongoose 3" dump with Mongoose 3" 200 cell cat into custom system with Varex mufflers | Forge re-circ valve | Airtech intercooler coming soon
Lord Viykor is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-06-2008, 12:02 PM   #8
LRsedan
Now XR5hatch!

Thanks Paul.

I have the iPhone (version 1 imported from US, no 3G). Yes you can only play audio from it either out the headphone socket or through the dock connector. The dock connection to line out provides the best sound. No bluetooth audio streaming.

The iPhone plays audio via any iPod car kit / FM transmitter etc. (I have harman kardon drive + play ready to install, currently just running a cable from the headphone socket which IMO is lousy).

And I just need something to cover the calls (iPhone can only do hands free via bluetooth or the provided ear phone set), so the bury kit using bluetooth is spot on as the iPhone can't do a wired dock connection anyway

Thanks for the info, I'll have to see how hard the install is. Should be easy if its bluetooth.
Old 20-06-2008, 01:16 PM   #9
jared79
Sock Puppets

Quote:
Originally Posted by LRsedan
Thanks Paul.

I have the iPhone (version 1 imported from US, no 3G). Yes you can only play audio from it either out the headphone socket or through the dock connector. The dock connection to line out provides the best sound. No bluetooth audio streaming.

The iPhone plays audio via any iPod car kit / FM transmitter etc. (I have harman kardon drive + play ready to install, currently just running a cable from the headphone socket which IMO is lousy).

And I just need something to cover the calls (iPhone can only do hands free via bluetooth or the provided ear phone set), so the bury kit using bluetooth is spot on as the iPhone can't do a wired dock connection anyway

Thanks for the info, I'll have to see how hard the install is. Should be easy if its bluetooth.
I am assuming from this post you didn't get the bluetooth option with you Mondeo?

Old 20-06-2008, 05:01 PM   #10
LRsedan
Now XR5hatch!

No I didn't.

They didn't have my colour with bluetooth on the boat, so I would have had to wait a while longer.

Still no regrets, I don't use my phone much while driving anyway, but it is nice to have just in case.
Old 20-06-2008, 06:01 PM   #11
LRsedan
Now XR5hatch!

Just purchased a Bury kit for my car, it says its compatible with the iPhone.

The only visible part is the control, I think its the same unit as yours Paul? The control looks the same. BURY COMFORT COMPACT CC9040

Brand New from the UK posted for $60! Pretty good deal I think, but its a superseded model so it was cheap.

We'll see how I go installing it when it comes
Old 21-06-2008, 02:25 PM   #12
Dusty1
Giddy up!

Quote:
Just purchased a Bury kit for my car, it says its compatible with the iPhone.

The only visible part is the control, I think its the same unit as yours Paul? The control looks the same. BURY COMFORT COMPACT CC9040

Brand New from the UK posted for $60! Pretty good deal I think, but its a superseded model so it was cheap.

We'll see how I go installing it when it comes
Can you put the link up where you got the unit from? Might be a handy thing for a second car or a car which didn't come with Bluetooth from the factory.
Previous:
Oct 07 built Mondeo TDCi hatch, Stardust Silver, bluetooth, leather, tow pack, sunroof.
Dusty1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-06-2008, 04:56 PM   #13
LRsedan
Now XR5hatch!

Ebay screamer. The ebay shop was talkline.
Old 22-06-2008, 08:12 AM   #14
Lord Viykor
XR5 convert

Quote:
Ebay screamer. The ebay shop was talkline.
I might grab one of these from him myself, I was looking at the Blueant unit that goes on the sun visor.

This is cheaper to buy just have to add the cost of getting it fitted. The upside is it would look more like it belongs in the car the the Blueant unit.

Thanks for the heads up.
The mods: Window tint | Fomoco alloy pedals | Red painted brake calipers | THB Bury bluetooth | Bluefin | GGR CAI | Bilstein B6 sports dampers | Eilbach lowered coils | 2XS Inhaler (Top Induction Pipe) | EBC Ultimax discs and EBC red stuff brake pads | Mongoose 3" dump with Mongoose 3" 200 cell cat into custom system with Varex mufflers | Forge re-circ valve | Airtech intercooler coming soon
Old 07-07-2008, 03:45 PM   #15
Lord Viykor
XR5 convert

I ended up getting one of these for the time been, was a little nervous with the idea of letting someone pull bits of my car to fit the THB Bury one.

http://www.blueant.com.au/s3_handsfree.htm

After having my work car fitted with a car kit and now see the dash panel continually falling off, I took the 'safe' option.
Old 07-07-2008, 05:25 PM   #16
paulie0735
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Viykor
I ended up getting one of these for the time been, was a little nervous with the idea of letting someone pull bits of my car to fit the THB Bury one.

http://www.blueant.com.au/s3_handsfree.htm

After having my work car fitted with a car kit and now see the dash panel continually falling off, I took the 'safe' option.
Yeah, know how you feel. The dealer fitted mine and they know how fussy I am so I wasn't too concerned. At the end of the day as long as it works it’s good!
Old 07-07-2008, 07:59 PM   #17
apstar
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Have to admit though the Bluetooth option with voice control if relatively cheap as an option on the Mondeo

apstar
Old 07-07-2008, 08:05 PM   #18
Lord Viykor
XR5 convert

Quote:
Originally Posted by apstar
Have to admit though the Bluetooth option with voice control if relatively cheap as an option on the Mondeo

apstar
That it is, I'm a bit miffed it can't be done afterwards.
Old 07-07-2008, 09:57 PM   #19
apstar
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
That it is, I'm a bit miffed it can't be done afterwards.
I think the integration between phone,cd,radio,air-con,microphone, are much easier on the production line as far as wiring looms and the controlling electronics would be a mayor problem

apstar
Old 08-07-2008, 05:08 PM   #20
LRsedan
Now XR5hatch!

I pulled my dashboard out last weekend to fit the bury.

Had to put it all back together again lol, its not just a splice in job. I need special connectors to go into the ford quad-lock connection. Im searching to fin these now.

Oh well, at least I know how to pull apart the dash!
Old 09-07-2008, 02:11 PM   #21
Lord Viykor
XR5 convert

I ended up buying a THB Bury from talkline on ebay :rolleyes: the Blueant works ok just looks a little 'cheap'. It'll do until I'm confident someone will fit the Bury unit to my satisfaction.

Might go to the Ford dealer and see if they can recommend someone, I like my squeak free and flush fitting dash and would like it to stay that way.
Old 09-07-2008, 02:28 PM   #22
apstar
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

here is another alternative
http://www.catchoftheday.com.au/smal...oducts_id=1479

apstar
Old 09-07-2008, 03:37 PM   #23
Lord Viykor
XR5 convert

Quote:
Originally Posted by apstar
I get a mostly blank page from that link.
Old 09-07-2008, 05:02 PM   #24
apstar
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

hmmm must have sold out or pulled off! I will keep trying

apstar
Old 09-07-2008, 09:51 PM   #25
LRsedan
Now XR5hatch!

Quote:
I ended up buying a THB Bury from talkline on ebay :rolleyes: the Blueant works ok just looks a little 'cheap'. It'll do until I'm confident someone will fit the Bury unit to my satisfaction.

Might go to the Ford dealer and see if they can recommend someone, I like my squeak free and flush fitting dash and would like it to stay that way.
The way the dashes go together is great. Mostly held in by torx screws, so there isn't much of that "snap together" stuff going on. Thats usually the problem with dash noises as they don't fit together as well the second time around.

There is only one snap together piece and thats the glossy black piece on the centre consol, all the rest is screwed together.

Pretty solid build for ford lol.
Old 09-07-2008, 11:20 PM   #26
apstar
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Pity you did not take photos must say you are game taking the dash apart if it was me half of the screws would have been lost during the process 10/10 for guts ;)

apstar

p.s. have you a service manual?
Old 11-07-2008, 11:58 AM   #27
apstar
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hopefully next week I will be able to try this until then guys can you please tell me when you use the bluetooth for dialing if the number you dial has options to select
Dial 1 for service
Dial 2 for spares
Dial 3 for admin

do you need to reach for the phone to press the numbers or can you say "1" etc

apstar
Old 11-07-2008, 03:52 PM   #28
Zippy7

Ah, you have entered the number of your local dealership into your phone
Dial 1 to speak to FORD sales
Dial 2 to speak to FORD service
Dial 3 to speak to FORD spare parts
Dial 4 to go off your nut about the problems you are having with your mondeo :togo:

I'm not sure you can voice control to send the tones - I suspect you have to hit the button...
Old 11-07-2008, 08:57 PM   #29
jared79
Sock Puppets

Just got my iPhone and it works great in the Mondeo. Voice dialing works and sounds great. Awesome phone and I am very happy with it. Highly recommended

Old 11-07-2008, 09:19 PM   #30
LRsedan
Now XR5hatch!

Sorry no service manual, But I'd like to get one.

I might start looking...