Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 19-08-2017, 11:31 AM   #31
asteele-xr6

Default Re: 2017 Ford Mondeo given a more premium look

Looks awesome to me! I have had a Platinum White one since Oct last year, 18,000km in it now.
asteele-xr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-08-2017, 11:40 AM   #32
asteele-xr6

Very happy with this one
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20161123_070225606_iOS 3.jpg (138.6 KB, 43 views)
asteele-xr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 19-08-2017, 12:20 PM   #33
Cav
HUGH JARSE
Donating Member2

I like the look of the Mondeo but it needs a 5 year warranty to compete in the market given that Ford has been hurled into court by the ACCC.
Cav is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-10-2017, 10:55 AM   #34
Mmmfloorpie
Starter Motor

Hello all from Canada. I actually joined the forum just to ask where your Mondeos are assembled but that was answered by a previous user on the first page.

I kept reading and noticed how everyone here seems to be jealous of the US spec Fusion.

Please DO NOT be jealous of the US spec Fusion. The Fusion and Mondeo may look the same but the Fusion is a low rent Mondeo. It is basically used to stock rental car fleets here since everyone is SUV crazy. The Mondeo is much more premium market.

I say this as a Fusion owner who is in love with his car.
Mmmfloorpie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 04-10-2017, 01:51 PM   #35
NX74205
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mmmfloorpie View Post
I kept reading and noticed how everyone here seems to be jealous of the US spec Fusion.
Not me! Having compared spec for spec between my Mondeo Titanium and a Fusion Platinum, there are only two things in the Platinum that I would want in my Mondeo Titanium: the better leather seats, and air conditioned front seats (over here, we only get heated seats, but not air conditioned seats, which is really quite strange considering it can get quite hot here).

The Fusion Platinum doesn't even get three position memory front seats (only two position memory) or a panoramic glass roof, although I believe inflatable rear seatbelts are available as an option. The bare metal finish underneath the parcel shelf in the boot (trunk) looks decidedly low-rent.

I suppose in North America, Ford doesn't want to position itself as being too premium in case it takes sales away from Lincoln.
2005 Ford BF Fairmont (2006-2019)
1989 Ford EA Falcon GL (2000-2007)
1982 Ford KA Laser Ghia (1999-2000)
NX74205 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-10-2017, 12:57 PM   #36
Mmmfloorpie
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by NX74205 View Post
Not me! Having compared spec for spec between my Mondeo Titanium and a Fusion Platinum, there are only two things in the Platinum that I would want in my Mondeo Titanium: the better leather seats, and air conditioned front seats (over here, we only get heated seats, but not air conditioned seats, which is really quite strange considering it can get quite hot here).

The Fusion Platinum doesn't even get three position memory front seats (only two position memory) or a panoramic glass roof, although I believe inflatable rear seatbelts are available as an option. The bare metal finish underneath the parcel shelf in the boot (trunk) looks decidedly low-rent.

I suppose in North America, Ford doesn't want to position itself as being too premium in case it takes sales away from Lincoln.
AC seats are available on the Titanium here. The lack of a third memory position is something new with the 2017 refresh. I suspect that the "Set" button could be reprogrammed as the 3rd memory position using Forscan.
Old 07-10-2017, 10:34 PM   #37
ope126
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
AC seats are available on the Titanium here. The lack of a third memory position is something new with the 2017 refresh. I suspect that the "Set" button could be reprogrammed as the 3rd memory position using Forscan.
Not too sure where you get your info from...

The Titanium (AUS spec) does not have cooled seats, it does however have both front and rear (outer seats) Heated Seats.

And the Titanium (AUS spec) does have a 3 position Memory for the front drivers seat, there is no "SET" button!!!
Old 07-10-2017, 10:42 PM   #38
Mmmfloorpie
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ope126 View Post
Not too sure where you get your info from...

The Titanium (AUS spec) does not have cooled seats, it does however have both front and rear (outer seats) Heated Seats.

And the Titanium (AUS spec) does have a 3 position Memory for the front drivers seat, there is no "SET" button!!!
Key word being "here". As I stated in my original post, I am in Canada.
Old 07-10-2017, 10:46 PM   #39
ope126
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Key word being "here". As I stated in my original post, I am in Canada.
All good!

My cousin lives in Edmonton (Alberta CANADA) I am heading over there in May 2018. Never been there before, can't wait!!!