Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 19-06-2014, 11:38 PM   #1
ope126
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default myFord Warranty for Mondeo

Hi All,

Has anyone paid for a myFord Warranty for their Mondeo yet?
If so, what was the approximate cost? (feel free to PM if your prefer).

http://www.ford.com.au/ownership/myf...ers/warranties

I will be looking at the myFord New Vehicle Extended Warranty (time only).

I will contact Ford over the coming days and grab some prices...

Old 20-06-2014, 04:39 PM   #2
AlanD
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: myFord Warranty for Mondeo

Yep,

Bought one about two years ago now for $1700 - $1800 for 4 year duration or 100,000 km. I'll look up the invoice if you want an exact figure.

It is a factory extended warranty, but, as is the case for most of these things, is underwritten by an insurance company.

It works because I haven't had to use it yet.

Mostly bought to insure us against major engine, drivetrain, electronics module failures. These darned things are expensive to replace when they go t*ts up.

Will give me something to consider in October 2016. Keep the Mondeo or look for something newer.

Cheers

Our Drive: Mondeo
MD TDCi Titanium Wagon
Ruby Red

AlanD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-06-2014, 07:21 PM   #3
ope126
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I rung three local dealers today and have been quoted $1,365 the myFord New Vehicle Extended Warranty (time only), so it will expire at 100,000kms or 3yrs post original warranty. That is fine with me!
One dealer even quoted $1,265 if I purchase prior to the EOFY. For reference the Zetec was classed as a Category 1 vehicle.
Old 21-06-2014, 02:14 PM   #4
AlanD
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hi ope126,

Those are good prices you have researched.

A point of clarification: Does the "time only" condition mean that you are covered for three years beyond the original warranty date, but are limited to a total distance from new of 100,000Km?
If so that could account for the much lower price than we bought ours at, but our warranty was for 100,000 km beyond the distance covered at the end of the original warranty(From memory about 48,000 km). So we get cover until October 2016 or 148,000 km whichever occurs first.

However, it's wise to be careful as many of these warranties get called "manufacturer extended" warranty, but have lots of exclusions. One I discovered was very inexpensive but filled so many exclusions it was, for practical purposes, worthless unless you knew you would never have servicing done anywhere other than the selling dealer's service centre. Even the sales guy telling us about the options indicated that one was one to avoid!!.

Good luck with the search. I regard ours as a $17.00 dollar per week "peace of mind" cost - knowing I won't have to find Many k's of $s if something major goes wrong.

Cheers

Our Drive: Mondeo
MD TDCi Titanium Wagon
Ruby Red

AlanD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-08-2014, 04:17 PM   #5
ope126
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hi All,

I just purchased the myFord New Vehicle Extended Warranty (time only - 3yrs) for $1,365. It appears that there was an error and the car is a category 2 and should be priced at $1,685, but the dealership honoured their error. My new vehicle warranty expires 16/08, so this will take over from then on for the next 3yrs! I am happy with the peace of mind I know have.

Also just out of interest, the only warranty related concerns I have had have been a replacement rear parcel shelf and both rear hatch struts...
Old 13-08-2014, 05:37 PM   #6
Binny

Mine was close to 2k but it is is for the additional 3 years and up to 200,000km.
I'd imagine there is a fair amount of extra risk for them to cover up to 200,000ks hence the cost.
But I plan on owning it long term and wanted to be covered for the expensive things like the powershift tranny.
Binny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post