Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 19-09-2020, 08:55 PM   #6541
Tassie f100
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Covid 19 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Work Horse View Post
He got himself band from a car forum!

If you can not stop making overtly political comments after it is explained to you by the hard working volunteers that keep this place running; again, and again, and again, and again, that you are going to be band if you don't stop contravening the agreement you acknowledged when you signed up to post on Fordforums.com.au, perhaps it is time to have a visit to the room full of mirrors?!
Maybe you mean he got banned!!
3 users like this post:
Old 19-09-2020, 08:59 PM   #6542
prydey
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romulus View Post
I'm no doctor or naturopath. I'd consult both and see who can recommend a solution that's most workable with the least side affects. I'll go out on a limb and guess you've done both.
there is no cure.

like i said, having pre existing conditions doesn't mean you aren't healthy.

there are a myriad of pre existing conditions that have no bearing on someone's 'health' but will be recorded as having such if they die from covid. It doesn't mean they weren't healthy from a dietary point of view.
Old 19-09-2020, 09:17 PM   #6543
Work Horse
Budget Racer

Quote:
A 30 second Google search would have given you the relevant information.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7172861/

You do realise a naturally occurring substance, which cannot be patented, will never grab the attention of the pharmaceutical industry in the push for treatments for illness and sickness. There's no money to be made.

Vitamin D is also being researched in its ability to 'block' and/or reduce the ability for the virus to take hold in cells. Think of it as a shield or protective barrier. Once again, DYOR, the information is readily available.
Oh PLEASE!

Romulus, mate, you seem to have some information you would like to add to the decision that is great!

Try to be a little more humble mate!

You come across as a real smart ***, I am confident that is not the persona you are trying to portray!

The study you have referenced has been published so that other researches can copy what Boretti A, Banik BK have published.

When many researches have found the same results, a scientific result can be extrapolated.

Until then Boretti A, Banik BK may be working for the Intervenous
vitamin C industry...
Old 19-09-2020, 09:18 PM   #6544
prydey
Rob

Quote:
I agree. Which is why Covid deaths are no longer accurate. 9% are dying from it, 91% are dying with it? It should be listed as a contributing factor, not cause of death.

I hope you're able to manage your diabetes. My bookkeeper has type 1 diabetes, I'm very well educated in how it affects lifestyle thanks to her.
I think you have it back to front. Covid is very much the cause of death.
Old 19-09-2020, 09:24 PM   #6545
Work Horse
Budget Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tassie f100 View Post
Yes I did, I'm dyslexic but I'm confident you did not want to out me...
Old 19-09-2020, 09:29 PM   #6546
PhilT2

Quote:
Did you actually realise there is more than 1 pubmed article on iv vitamin C? Find a researcher who you can't discredit, then try to discredit that article.
That which is asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.
Why would you put up an article by Alberto Borelli/Albert Parker, a climate denier from Ballarat who has done no research on Covid or vitamins and has no qualifications in anything medical?

Science is based on the preponderance of evidence. The majority of actual research, you know, real studies where real people are studied by people with real qualifications find vitamin therapy doesn't work. Go back to the original work done by Linus Pauling and trace the history of this, it looked promising at first but when more rigorous work was done it came to nothing as per the link I put up earlier.
Besides I.ve read half a dozen papers by Borelli/Parker (he uses both names) and they've all been badly researched and soon proven wrong.
2 users like this post:
Old 19-09-2020, 09:32 PM   #6547
leesa

Quote:
You do realise a naturally occurring substance, which cannot be patented, will never grab the attention of the pharmaceutical industry in the push for treatments for illness and sickness. There's no money to be made.

Vitamin D is also being researched in its ability to 'block' and/or reduce the ability for the virus to take hold in cells. Think of it as a shield or protective barrier. Once again, DYOR, the information is readily available.
You mean like radium weed? It's a kinda ugly plant that grows randomly all over Australia, heck I've found it growing between the gaps of my pavers.
It was studied... its cancer-killing properties identified.. and is now used as the active ingredient for a drug called Picato. The drug is patented.. sure.. but you're free to go and get a couple plants for yourself.

That aside, why would vitamin D be researched according to your views? Doesn't it qualify as a naturally occurring substance that would ultimately not interest the pharmaceutical industry?

Old 19-09-2020, 09:59 PM   #6548
Mulva
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cav View Post
...Can someone give me a summary of what is happening?...
No! DYOR!!
5 users like this post:
Old 19-09-2020, 11:05 PM   #6549
hayseed

Quote:
today is my birthday and I already have enough cake crumbs on my device.

How Many Birthday a Year do you have Cav....???

Seems like you had one a few Months ago
Old 19-09-2020, 11:24 PM   #6550
hayseed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tassie f100 View Post

Banned? or the Naughty Corner for a Week (or so).??
Old 20-09-2020, 09:58 AM   #6551
nstg8a

Quote:
Originally Posted by prydey View Post
I think you have it back to front. Covid is very much the cause of death.

It is an interesting topic.

It would be fascinating to see a proper breakdown of causes of death.
It’s only natural some will latch onto the whole 6% thing (as I did initially) but it would be folly to ignore the point that many of these deaths may not be caused by COVID.

Will it be 94%? No, most probably not. But even if it’s 20% that’s a large reduction.
This user likes this post:
Old 20-09-2020, 11:08 AM   #6552
Work Horse
Budget Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstg8a View Post
It is an interesting topic.

It would be fascinating to see a proper breakdown of causes of death.

It’s only natural some will latch onto the whole 6% thing (as I did initially) but it would be folly to ignore the point that many of these deaths may not be caused by COVID.

Will it be 94%? No, most probably not. But even if it’s 20% that’s a large reduction.
You are seeing a proper breakdown of causes of death.

Here's the international standard everyone uses so results can be compared globally.
https://www.who.int/classifications/...ID-19.pdf?ua=1

What may be interesting is everyone was jumping up and down when China under reported the number of deaths at the start of the pandemic. Now other counties have way more deaths than China, people want the system changed to lower the number of deaths...
Old 20-09-2020, 11:18 AM   #6553
HIPO
Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by work horse View Post
you are seeing a proper breakdown of causes of death.

Here's the international standard everyone uses so results can be compared globally.
https://www.who.int/classifications/...id-19.pdf?ua=1

what may be interesting is everyone was jumping up and down when china under reported the number of deaths at the start of the pandemic. Now other counties have way more deaths than china, people want the system changed to lower the number of deaths...
who....... Lol
Old 20-09-2020, 11:24 AM   #6554
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

24 new cases for Australia and 7 deaths so the CMR rises to 3.139% while active cases drop to 2,169. NSW recorded 3 cases with the balance were in Victoria. The Victorian State 14 day moving average is now 44.29 with metro at 36.2 (52 unknown) and regional at 1.8 and no unknown cases. The Victorian weekly total of 254 cases is 31% down on last week and there were also 14 less deaths.

2 new cases and no deaths for NZ so CMR is 1.380% and active cases fall to 67.

The UK had 4,422 new cases yesterday. We know they are now not counting their mortalities by the WHO guidelines so we are going to ignore those figures.

Just over 50k new cases in the USA yesterday and 954 deaths sees CMR drop to 2.934% and active cases remain at 36.6% with the raw numbers rising again. Note that the USA is actually minus one day due to time differences.

Other notable points:
Global cases reached a new daily high of 315,101;
The USA completes 97M, India 62M, Brazil 15M, Saudi Arabia 6M and Chile 3M tests;

Denmark (589), Moldova (688), Lebanon (779), Poland (1,002) and Indonesia (4,168) all recorded new daily highs; those in blue for the second consecutive day and those in red for a third or more consecutive day.

Observatio Facta Rotae

3 users like this post:
Old 20-09-2020, 01:19 PM   #6555
CJR09
RPO 77

talking with in laws in Wales this morn and sounds like everyone is well fed up - talk of harsher restrictions to be put in place but public resentment is building - they are in their 70s (of good health) but suggest the mortality rate doesn't warrant the extent of restriction - the way this thing is going we may not get to see them for a year or two yet

Q: If you have tried to sell it three times now and it is still not sold, do you think it might be over-priced?

A: It is over priced - just like all the other falcon coupes for sale!!

Old 20-09-2020, 01:37 PM   #6556
Fed
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I think they want restrictions because the World is up to 31 Million cases, 1 Million deaths and still accelerating.... and that's just the ones we know about.
Old 20-09-2020, 01:42 PM   #6557
Mr_G6ET
Ford G6ET FG MkII

UK fines a bit heavier than ours !

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-54221953
Old 20-09-2020, 02:57 PM   #6558
Sprintey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I only drop in here now and then.

Can someone give me a summary of what is happening?

I could let my fingers do the walking but they have cake icing on them because today is my birthday and I already have enough cake crumbs on my device.

The fat gutted dog, Miss Penny, is waiting for my fingers to stray near her mouth.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Someone ate a bat and the world has melted down, including the forums
Old 20-09-2020, 03:57 PM   #6559
Work Horse
Budget Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJR09 View Post
talking with in laws in Wales this morn and sounds like everyone is well fed up - talk of harsher restrictions to be put in place but public resentment is building - they are in their 70s (of good health) but suggest the mortality rate doesn't warrant the extent of restriction - the way this thing is going we may not get to see them for a year or two yet
If it was just about the mortality rate from Covid 19 your in-laws might have a point.

The over loading of the health/hospital system is a huge concern if the number of infections get out of control.

Then it will not just be mortalities from Covid 19, it will be people dieing of curable conditions because there are not enough beds/health professionals to look after them.
Old 20-09-2020, 06:43 PM   #6560
xxx000
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Work Horse View Post
If it was just about the mortality rate from Covid 19 your in-laws might have a point.

The over loading of the health/hospital system is a huge concern if the number of infections get out of control.

Then it will not just be mortalities from Covid 19, it will be people dieing of curable conditions because there are not enough beds/health professionals to look after them.
Spot on.
Incredibly some still consider that all the health professionals are either lying or being conned and that the 'real truth' lies on the Internet and that they have found it.
Old 20-09-2020, 08:35 PM   #6561
Tickford.
🚫⏰4️⃣🐃💩

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxx000 View Post
Spot on.
Incredibly some still consider that all the health professionals are either lying or being conned and that the 'real truth' lies on the Internet and that they have found it.
Here's another example. More morons gathered at Chadstone Shopping Centre today in VIC. All with their phones and video camera's out recording, so they can rush back home and post it on Facebook.

https://www.9news.com.au/national/co...e-ddb52f7d0f6f
Old 20-09-2020, 09:33 PM   #6562
Jack91
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hey Russ, if possible could you do some graphs and fancy jazz that youve been doing, but for aus states? Maybe overlayed over the first wave?
If not, all good.

Also, in general, how can qld and nsw be getting such low cases? In my mind, by the time the infected person isolates (or not) its been spread to so many others. The 1 or 2 a day doesnt make sense to me.
Am I the only one thinking that metro vic restrictions make people unwilling to get tested, as the numbers will increase, and if they increase too much the restrictions wont ease?
Old 20-09-2020, 10:05 PM   #6563
Romulus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Cozzo View Post
I'm not sure what the relevance of Queen Victoria Market had today - seems to be an odd location for a protest

Maybe in the aisles of Safeway next?

Maccas drive thru?

Melbourne Airport Viewing Area?

Monash Freeway?

Chadstone Shopping Centre?

Where will it be next
I guess Tickford just realised you were on the money
2 users like this post:
Old 21-09-2020, 09:39 AM   #6564
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

13 new cases for Australia and 5 deaths so the CMR rises to 3.156% while active cases drop to 1,987. NSW & Queensland recorded 2 cases and WA recorded 1 with the balance in Victoria. The Victorian State 14 day moving average is now 40.79 with metro at 34.4 (47 unknown) and regional at 1.6 and no unknown cases.

4 new cases and no deaths for NZ so CMR is 1.377% and active cases rise to 71.

The UK had 3,899 new cases yesterday. We know they are now not counting their mortalities by the WHO guidelines so we are going to ignore those figures.

Just over 43.5k new cases in the USA yesterday and 657 deaths sees CMR drop to 2.925% and active cases down to 36.5% with the raw numbers rising again. Note that the USA is actually minus one day due to time differences.

Other notable points:
Global cases pass 31M, the last 1M taking 4 days this time;
The USA completes 98M, India 63M and South Africa 4M tests;

Tunisia (626), Lebanon (1,006) and Hungary (1,070) all recorded new daily highs; those in blue for the second consecutive day and those in red for a third or more consecutive day.

Observatio Facta Rotae

2 users like this post:
Old 21-09-2020, 09:52 AM   #6565
Romulus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Is there any veracity to the numbers from Greece?
2 users like this post:
Old 21-09-2020, 10:11 AM   #6566
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack91 View Post
Hey Russ, if possible could you do some graphs and fancy jazz that youve been doing, but for aus states? Maybe overlayed over the first wave?
If not, all good.

Also, in general, how can qld and nsw be getting such low cases? In my mind, by the time the infected person isolates (or not) its been spread to so many others. The 1 or 2 a day doesnt make sense to me.
Am I the only one thinking that metro vic restrictions make people unwilling to get tested, as the numbers will increase, and if they increase too much the restrictions wont ease?

I've prepared two sets of data for the States - one since the pandemic began and one for the last 30 days. Because of the big difference in numbers between the States, the charts are divided into NSW/Vic and 'the rest'.

.. and the polynomial trends; 5th order for all except NSW/Vic which are 3rd order:

Observatio Facta Rotae

5 users like this post:
Old 21-09-2020, 12:17 PM   #6567
Tickford.
🚫⏰4️⃣🐃💩

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack91 View Post
Latest report (18/09/20) of samples from wastewater treatment plants all around metropolitan Melbourne suggests the COVID-19 infection numbers are much higher than the numbers being reported by Vic DHHS. So I would say you are correct. People are unwilling to get tested to keep the numbers down.

Downside being if there is higher numbers in the community that are not being detected, and when restrictions do ease, it won't be long before VIC is back at square one.
Old 21-09-2020, 01:20 PM   #6568
cs123
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Can't think of anyone more deserving. Russ Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the technical support behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Technical submission 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tickford. View Post
Latest report (18/09/20) of samples from wastewater treatment plants all around metropolitan Melbourne suggests the COVID-19 infection numbers are much higher than the numbers being reported by Vic DHHS. So I would say you are correct. People are unwilling to get tested to keep the numbers down.

Downside being if there is higher numbers in the community that are not being detected, and when restrictions do ease, it won't be long before VIC is back at square one.
This seems to indicate that it might show up people recently sick.

https://www.dhhs.vic.gov.au/wastewater-testing-covid-19

Does a positive wastewater test result mean that there is an active case of coronavirus (COVID-19) in a local area?

No. While a positive wastewater test result may be due to a person with coronavirus (COVID-19) being in the early active infectious phase; it could also be because someone is continuing to “shed” the virus after the early infectious period. It can take several weeks for someone to stop shedding the virus. It may also due to a visitor having been in the community.
Old 21-09-2020, 01:40 PM   #6569
PhilT2

Quote:
Is there any veracity to the numbers from Greece?
Sweden has approx the same population but had 88,000 cases and 5,865 deaths. I guess lockdowns work. Greece has a large Syrian refugee population so I wonder are they counting deaths among them, if there are any.
Old 21-09-2020, 02:15 PM   #6570
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tickford. View Post

If people have no symptoms, then why would they get tested? Must be a heap of cases of people who are unaware they have even had it.
Closed Thread