Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 11-07-2020, 01:04 PM   #31
nstg8a

Default Re: Holden Equinox? Yea or Nay?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayseed View Post
If you're going to Buy a Late Model Holden in the Current climate. You need to resign yourself to Keeping It 10+ yrs & Driving it into the Ground. (In My opinion)..

Maybe a late model imported holden...

Aus Commodore values are holding pretty strong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
nstg8a is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 11-07-2020, 01:21 PM   #32
hayseed

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstg8a View Post
Maybe a late model imported holden...

Aus Commodore values are holding pretty strong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sorry I should've said (or written) Holden's Sold Post factory Closure............

Last edited by hayseed; 11-07-2020 at 01:21 PM. Reason: typo
hayseed is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-07-2020, 04:19 PM   #33
Crazy Dazz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

With cars like these, there is no badge loyalty or premium, you're paying for what you get, and these are good value.
Reality is she'll keep it for 5 years, at which point it will be worth a few thousand anyway.
Old 15-07-2020, 03:36 PM   #34
Crazy Dazz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

First Impressions:
  • It is very well equipt (I guess due to being an American sourced car) even for a base model.
  • The ride seems fine to me, but keep in mind I'm used to driving SUV and 4wd.
  • It's surprisingly nippy for such a small engine in an SUV. It doesn't seem quick, but gets up to speed surprisingly fast. The ride is surprisingly quiet, with little road or engine noise.
  • The headlight controls are confusing and in a weird location, low on the dash, basically hidden by the steering wheel. I guess you're expected to just leave it on auto, because you wouldn't want to be fumbling for it whilst driving.
  • I guess another NA thing, it comes with remote start.
  • It has satnav built in, but no info on how to update the maps.
  • This would be classed as a small/medium SUV, so its quite narrow. Not sure you'd get 3 Americans across the rear bench. The rear centre position is uncomfortable. However there is good legroom front and back, and the cargo area is very spacious.
  • The front seats have a rounded squab, which means for a big adult there is a lack of support under the outside of your thighs, and t rest the outside leg tends to flop outwards. (A person with a smaller bum would presumably sit further back in the chair.)
  • The Baser models are only FWD. This is very much a city car, and not even a soft-roader IMO.
  • We went for a diesel. It requires Ad-Blue, the first I have seen in a car. Supposedly even the petrol versions are very economical.
  • One thing I'm finding disappointing at the moment is the confusing terminology and apparent lack of adaptive cruise. It has "Forward Collision Alert with Head-Up Warning", "Autonomous Emergency Braking (low-speed)", and "Following Distance Indicator", but none of that seems to stop you running into the back of somebody. I really can't see the point of the "indicator". If your eyes can't tell you that you're too damn close, then a little colour-changing icon isn't going to help.
  • Similarly the "Lane Departure Warning with Lane Keep Assist" just doesn't seem to work.
As with any car, there is a huge disparity in the attitude and approach of dealers. Some predictably try the same old BS "oh the cars are very rare now so the price is going up" . I found Metro Motors had priced theirs' keenly and were very good to deal with.
This seems to be a good car, without being great, and there are currently some decent prices around.