Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 28-06-2008, 06:19 PM   #1
Whitey-AMG
AWD Assassin

Default Petrol Price crisis......

Well.............I'm sure we've all discussed this before in drips over several different threads and topics..........but recently it was announced that the new carbon tax could add anything up to an additional 30C per litre.............and in the foreseeable future.

As it stands......we're all staring down the barrel ( pardon the pun ) at approx $2.00 per litre by the end of the year.

As the owner of a gas guzzling BFGT290........It's really biting into my enjoyment of the beast and has seriously curbed my cruise time.

what the hell are we all gonna do when it costs us $120+ to fill up our average large cars and $90.00+ to fill up your average small car.

I used to drive home from work at least times a week to get out of the office, have a good home cooked lunch and get a real break from the office moronics..............now I find I can save around $100 a month by just staying at work and eating in the lunch room............friggin hell.............I never thought I'd see the day where our lives are being so incrementally impacted in such a short period of time. It costs me approx $24.00 more to fill the car than it did around the same time last year.

I also see that companies like BPR are now offering ECONOMY tunes for the BOSS powered cars as well !!!!!!!!! Sign of the times I guess.

I won't be selling up............yet...........but I know heaps that are seriously considering hybrids and even using VESPAS to do the rounds that they normally would have done in their large car.....

LPG fitters are booked 3 - 4 months in advance and even LPG is approaching ridiculous prices in many fringe suburban areas.

Are we fast approaching the point where running a car on a daily basis is becoming the bastion and privilege of the wealthy whilst the rest of us penny pinch to cope.........????

I've definitely noticed an obvious decline in the number of cars on the road in both peak and off peak hours..........I wonder what all those extra people are doing to get around now..........

Whitey-AMG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post