http://www.autoblog.com/2010/10/18/f...vertising-age/

Old 19-10-2010, 11:00 AM   #2
BOSHOG
avenge me

yeah itd be nice for Ford to open up a marketing dept down under
Old 19-10-2010, 11:48 AM   #3
Fordman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Wow, Some tips from them could definatly pay off here in Aus. Id love to be part of a Ford Aus marketing team.
Fordman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-10-2010, 12:44 PM   #4
Grippy
Racing improves the breed

Good stuff Ford US, would be nice to see a decent marketing campaign here in Aus though...

1964 Mini Cooper S Historic Group Nb Touring car

Victorian Hill Climb Championship
Grippy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-10-2010, 01:05 PM   #5
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

a good read and off the same site , if it has`nt been posted before.....
http://www.autoblog.com/2010/09/27/2...iew-road-test/
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-10-2010, 02:00 PM   #6
Joe5619
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

What are you guys talking about.. Ford Aust won something very similar to this only a few weeks agao.. I can't find the link, but I posted it on this website once before already!!
Joe5619 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-10-2010, 02:19 PM   #7
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I love how people are so quick to say 'Ford Marketing/Advertising is crap in Australia' yet don't explain why or offer their suggestions to improving it. I for one think they do a good job, but as I've said before, their advertising lacks passion and it doesn't move you like others do. Holden is a perfect example of how to advertise, but Ford US too does a very good job, as seen in this thread.

On Facebook there was a discussion regarding the next Ford Focus, I can't find the link now but one of the senior Advertising Directors for Ford US said the next Focus would have a 'World Wide Campaign' and would do away with several different themes for each market. If Ford US have anything to do with this, like I'd expect they will, it should be a great campaign and benefit Ford Marketing. One Ford looks great from an advertising point of view.

Another way Ford is "breaking free" is their fantastic support and communications with Facebook users. Like or hate Facebook, it's the most visited site in the world and Ford US has really got a foot hold on it. Their communication guys are on there all the time with updates, I had a chat to Martin Smith (chief designer of the new Ford Focus) and they have Allan Mullay on there. Fantastic involvement with the fans.
Old 19-10-2010, 09:37 PM   #8
sxckevo
Ford motor company

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyhilton
I love how people are so quick to say 'Ford Marketing/Advertising is crap in Australia' yet don't explain why or offer their suggestions to improving it. I for one think they do a good job, but as I've said before, their advertising lacks passion and it doesn't move you like others do. Holden is a perfect example of how to advertise, but Ford US too does a very good job, as seen in this thread.

On Facebook there was a discussion regarding the next Ford Focus, I can't find the link now but one of the senior Advertising Directors for Ford US said the next Focus would have a 'World Wide Campaign' and would do away with several different themes for each market. If Ford US have anything to do with this, like I'd expect they will, it should be a great campaign and benefit Ford Marketing. One Ford looks great from an advertising point of view.

Another way Ford is "breaking free" is their fantastic support and communications with Facebook users. Like or hate Facebook, it's the most visited site in the world and Ford US has really got a foot hold on it. Their communication guys are on there all the time with updates, I had a chat to Martin Smith (chief designer of the new Ford Focus) and they have Allan Mullay on there. Fantastic involvement with the fans.
Top post!
i agree ford is really getting into the facebook thing, i regularly get updates. One Ford is rolling out around the globe quite fast its only a matter of time before we see the affects on Ford AU

WORK CAR: RED 1996 manual XG ute
sxckevo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-10-2010, 02:40 PM   #9
aussie muscle
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyhilton
I love how people are so quick to say 'Ford Marketing/Advertising is crap in Australia' yet don't explain why
Falling sales sounds like a good explanation.

ford is slipping out of the top three and you're not worried?
Old 20-10-2010, 03:57 PM   #10
Wretched
Render unto Caesar

Well done to the US.
Ford Au do struggle a bit in comparison.
They're marketing of products is more Falcon based. Ford need to wakeup and realise it isn't a Falcon company anymore. The Mondeo, Focus and Fiesta should be selling more. They need to use various mediums, TV, print, web and simply getting the cars out to areas where the target market is so they can see the car. For example get a Fiesta and Mondeo out to Chadstone here in VIC. Have a mini show room in the centre for a week or two, let people sit in the cars and get a feel for them.

TV, print and web are ok to get people aware but that can only work if people use them. They need to be a little more creative with the marketing and get the customers interracting with the cars.
Use them in promotions, etc.

The marketing is there but it is only half baked.
Holden are smart about it, there isn't anywhere you don't see something about the Commodore, Cruze, Barina, etc. They promote themselves as Holden not the Commodore company. Same with Toyota, Corolla, Hilux, Yaris, etc.
Ford can learn from these.
Old 20-10-2010, 04:38 PM   #11
Joe5619
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussie muscle
Falling sales sounds like a good explanation.

ford is slipping out of the top three and you're not worried?
That does not mean there is a marketing problem!!

I should try & find the link again one day. But current surveys show Ford Aust is the BEST at marketing in the country.. YES boys & girls Ford is the Best at marketing.. This is from surveyes conducted in this country!!
Old 20-10-2010, 04:44 PM   #12
Joe5619
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

found the link, Ford are the best!!

http://news.drive.com.au/drive/motor...007-168sb.html
Old 20-10-2010, 09:36 PM   #13
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussie muscle
Falling sales sounds like a good explanation. Ford is slipping out of the top three and you're not worried?
My comments were in regards to people simply saying 'Ford Adverstising is rubbish' without offering any suggestions as to why this is. Read my full post before jumping to wild, unfounded conclusions.

When did I say I 'Wasnt worried about Ford slipping out of the top three?' You must be confusing my with someone else mate because I didn't say that. I'm extremely worried about this, especially as Mazda has strong advertising. I instead said things are looking up and pointed to some progress at Ford US, which is what the thread is about
Old 20-10-2010, 10:27 PM   #14
Gaz
Got Ghia?

It's more recognised - it's not translating into sales though.

People remember the ad's but their not good enough to get people into them.