Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > The Sales Yard > Spare Parts and Other Accessory Items > Genuine Ford Parts

Genuine Ford Parts A forum for the purchase of genuine Ford parts via an AFF member.

Old 08-04-2024, 03:25 AM   #1891
Linz
*SILVER SERVICE PILOT*
Donating Member1

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: For his technical submissions. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with good, solid advice. 
Default Re: Genuine Ford Parts

Hey GT, can you tell me if the passenger side rear bumper slide bracket is still available for a 2006 BF Fairlane, also a roof antenna mast (not the base) please?

Cheers, Linz.

https://www.fordforums.com.au/showth...40#post6887840

2006 Lightning Strike BF Fairlane Ghia...HIS

2024 Titan Grey Hyundai Tucson Highlander...HERS
Linz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-04-2024, 12:40 PM   #1892
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 

Gday gt, wondering if can help out? My uncle has an sz diesel territory. Not sure what year but definitely sz and not szii.

He's just had it towed back ftom interstate with a "broken" diff. Not sure what the actual issue is, but the dealer says a new one from Ford is worth $6k. Given my uncle has just traded the car in on a new everest, he's not keen to spend that money on a car that he's not going to be the owner of for much longer.

So, are Ford diffs still available? Does $6k sound reasonable? Any suggestions of alternatives to a new one, ie reconditioned and idea on cost?

Appreciate any assistance you can offer.

Life is a journey, not a destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily: 2013 FGII EcoLPi in Winter White
Play: 2015 FG X XR8 in Emperor Show' N Shine thread

Gone, but not forgotten: 2015 SZII petrol Titanium Territory in Emperor
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-04-2024, 10:11 PM   #1893
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Every advice post I visit where OP are seeking advice for their new vehicle, he is there and adds valuable support and advice for rectifying the problem. Really is a Legend. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The quality of information he provides is in depth and highly valued by those posting questions. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpierce View Post
Can you tell if anyone in Sydney has stock of the seals? I really don’t want to wait past this weekend for those.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hey mate,

Sorry for delay in reply have been busy with a few things.

There are a few dealers with this part in stock. If you tell me where your located, I can advise the closest to you.
GTLEGEND is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-04-2024, 10:14 PM   #1894
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Every advice post I visit where OP are seeking advice for their new vehicle, he is there and adds valuable support and advice for rectifying the problem. Really is a Legend. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The quality of information he provides is in depth and highly valued by those posting questions. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linz View Post
Hey GT, can you tell me if the passenger side rear bumper slide bracket is still available for a 2006 BF Fairlane, also a roof antenna mast (not the base) please?

Cheers, Linz.
Hey Linz,

Both long gone:

BF17A751B and BF18828A respectively..
This user likes this post:
Old 08-04-2024, 10:20 PM   #1895
Linz
*SILVER SERVICE PILOT*
Donating Member1

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: For his technical submissions. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with good, solid advice. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTLEGEND View Post
Hey Linz,

Both long gone:

Thanks GT.

Old 08-04-2024, 10:27 PM   #1896
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 View Post
Gday gt, wondering if can help out? My uncle has an sz diesel territory. Not sure what year but definitely sz and not szii.

He's just had it towed back ftom interstate with a "broken" diff. Not sure what the actual issue is, but the dealer says a new one from Ford is worth $6k. Given my uncle has just traded the car in on a new everest, he's not keen to spend that money on a car that he's not going to be the owner of for much longer.

So, are Ford diffs still available? Does $6k sound reasonable? Any suggestions of alternatives to a new one, ie reconditioned and idea on cost?

Appreciate any assistance you can offer.
Hi mate,

First of all, need a lot more informtion to give you a more accurate response.

I assume you are talking rear diff. Is it RWD or AWD?

Yes they are around $6000 for the whole assembly, how ever need more specifics to get accurate price.

You will also need to work out what they mean by "broken" such a braod term. If you can find out exactly whats wrong, you may be able to have it rebuilt with just new components.

If you can find all that out, we can try and get the best option for you.

GT
2 users like this post:
Old 08-04-2024, 11:20 PM   #1897
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 

Quote:
Hi mate,

First of all, need a lot more informtion to give you a more accurate response.

I assume you are talking rear diff. Is it RWD or AWD?

Yes they are around $6000 for the whole assembly, how ever need more specifics to get accurate price.

You will also need to work out what they mean by "broken" such a braod term. If you can find out exactly whats wrong, you may be able to have it rebuilt with just new components.

If you can find all that out, we can try and get the best option for you.

GT
Thanks, GT. Yes, I appreciate the description was rather vague, but that was all the uncle had. He tends to be one of those that just gets the higher level detail and allows the dealer to run with it. I'll see if he has, or can get, some more info, but I suspect he'll just say to leave it and allow the dealer to run with it.

And, yes, you assumed correctly. Rear diff and rwd. At least the $6k sounds about right.

Thanks for the info.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Old 09-04-2024, 10:45 AM   #1898
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

As suspected, uncle is comfortable to allow the dealer to work through the options.

Thanks for the info, GT.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Old 09-04-2024, 12:23 PM   #1899
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 View Post
As suspected, uncle is comfortable to allow the dealer to work through the options.

Thanks for the info, GT.
No worries, with better confirmation of RHD rear diff, I am able to source a brand new diff for $5400 plus freight if need be.

Please compare that to the quote he gets, it may save him a few hundred dollars..

But up to him I guess.

Where is he located and what dealer?
Old 09-04-2024, 12:56 PM   #1900
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
No worries, with better confirmation of RHD rear diff, I am able to source a brand new diff for $5400 plus freight if need be.

Please compare that to the quote he gets, it may save him a few hundred dollars..

But up to him I guess.

Where is he located and what dealer?
PM sent

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Old 11-04-2024, 12:47 PM   #1901
gpierce

Quote:
Hey mate,

Sorry for delay in reply have been busy with a few things.

There are a few dealers with this part in stock. If you tell me where your located, I can advise the closest to you.

Hi GT thanks for that. I ended up finding some last Friday at a local dealer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
-14 FPV Pursuit Ute #47 Auto
-12 FPV Pursuit Rspec #44 Manual
-11 FPV GS Ute #225 Manual
-10 FG XR8 Ute Manual

Sold
-06 BF XR8 Ute
-75 XB Falcon Coupe 351 GT replica
-73 Ford Mustang convertible 351
-20 Ford Mustang GT Convertible
gpierce is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-04-2024, 03:29 PM   #1902
Linz
*SILVER SERVICE PILOT*
Donating Member1

Quote:
Hey Linz,

Both long gone:

Forgot to ask GT, are the Fairlane rear bumper slide brackets different to the Falcon type?

Old 12-04-2024, 07:38 PM   #1903
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linz View Post
Forgot to ask GT, are the Fairlane rear bumper slide brackets different to the Falcon type?
Different:

Sedan RH: BA17A750A LH: BA17A751A
Old 13-04-2024, 01:18 AM   #1904
Linz
*SILVER SERVICE PILOT*
Donating Member1

Quote:
Different:

Sedan RH: BA17A750A LH: BA17A751A
Thanks GT.

Old Yesterday, 05:46 PM   #1905
KRISL

hi GT, i hope you can shed some serious light on this. or someone that fitted these at the assembly line.
i thought the fg fg2 and fgx all have the same shape front upper A arms, maybe some different part numbers because of changes in the manufacturing?
here are two examples with massive price differences, im told one is for my car and one is not, the more expencive one is on V8s and 4L LPG cars and utes

regards
kris

https://www.ebay.com/itm/22352392720...69RsMEu5GKBvKS

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/22300990...ESVLioI7pdCpoO

Current 2009 FG GTP
Sold
2003 boss 260 xr8 daily driver
1991 eb1 xr8 once a year driver, factory cassette player
KRISL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old Yesterday, 10:36 PM   #1906
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRISL View Post
hi GT, i hope you can shed some serious light on this. or someone that fitted these at the assembly line.
i thought the fg fg2 and fgx all have the same shape front upper A arms, maybe some different part numbers because of changes in the manufacturing?
here are two examples with massive price differences, im told one is for my car and one is not, the more expencive one is on V8s and 4L LPG cars and utes

regards
kris

https://www.ebay.com/itm/22352392720...69RsMEu5GKBvKS

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/22300990...ESVLioI7pdCpoO
Hi Kris,

From what I understand the difference is in relation to the bracketry that mount to the shock tower. They are different pending on model in relation to castor/camber positions.

GT
Old Today, 05:14 AM   #1907
KRISL

Quote:
Hi Kris,

From what I understand the difference is in relation to the bracketry that mount to the shock tower. They are different pending on model in relation to castor/camber positions.

GT
Thanks, that's good to know, mine as after market mounts with the captured bolts coming from the engine bay side, and nuts in wheel arch side, to make wheel alignment easier,
People Just need to know to tighten the rubber bush bolts whith arm at ride height angle (with the factory style bushes)
Cheers

Current 2009 FG GTP
Sold
2003 boss 260 xr8 daily driver
1991 eb1 xr8 once a year driver, factory cassette player
KRISL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post