Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Cougar and Probe

Old 19-07-2018, 09:38 AM   #1
ebonygorincu
Starter Motor

Default 2000 Cougar Eibach

Ok, here goes - I have a Cougar Eibach model. Missing the front body kit skirt. Anyone have any idea if I might be able to source one anywhere? Ford tell me this part is "ONR - Obsolete not replaced".
ebonygorincu is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-07-2018, 12:01 PM   #2
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Every advice post I visit where OP are seeking advice for their new vehicle, he is there and adds valuable support and advice for rectifying the problem. Really is a Legend. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The quality of information he provides is in depth and highly valued by those posting questions. 
Default Re: 2000 Cougar Eibach

Part number you are chasing is F8RZ 17626 FA which is described as a Stone Deflector is number 7 in image in below link (if that is the correct part you are after)?

See below looks like they are not available world wide, but keep searching you never know!

https://www.tascaparts.com/oem-parts...el-f8rz17626fa
GTLEGEND is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 19-07-2018, 12:06 PM   #3
ebonygorincu
Starter Motor

No, that part is just a rubber strip that sits under the bumper. The part number I am looking for (part number provided by Ford) is: Kit – Front Skirt – Part# ZNTVE 17F008 A it's an actual front body kit skirt/spoiler - only came out on the Eibach model of which, only 100 were made in AUS. So I am not really liking my chances here. Thank you though!
Old 19-07-2018, 01:33 PM   #4
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Every advice post I visit where OP are seeking advice for their new vehicle, he is there and adds valuable support and advice for rectifying the problem. Really is a Legend. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The quality of information he provides is in depth and highly valued by those posting questions. 

Yes that is a rare part, does not even come up in a google search!
GTLEGEND is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-07-2018, 01:36 PM   #5
ebonygorincu
Starter Motor

I know sadly :( think I am going to have to venture down the path of getting one made...
Old 24-07-2018, 11:53 AM   #6
thearrow

Just passing and saw this as a former Eibach owner I can tell you the body kit for your car was made by Visteon in the US. These kits are widely sought by Cougar owners in the US and there are a variety of options available. You should check here and even on a variety of US parts sites and see how you go, you may not find the exact one.

https://www.ebay.com/bhp/cougar-body-kit

Good to own but "High Maintenance"

2000 Model Eibach Cougar (Auto) - Now dead & buried
thearrow is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-07-2018, 12:05 PM   #7
ebonygorincu
Starter Motor

Hey there, thanks for that - I am aware of Visteon being the makers of these kits however, I believe they do not exist anymore. The other thing is that even though they were originally made by Visteon, they were then slightly modified (to suit Aussie roads better) by Tickford to go on the Eibach package. But yeh I have looked at some of the aftermarket ones and none of them really look too similar. It's not going to be easy - getting a replica skirt made is going to be the best/closest thing to original at this stage.
Old 25-07-2018, 01:16 PM   #8
thearrow

The only modification was that the front spoiler was trimmed to give better ground clearance. I think any decent panel beater would be able to do that for you. I really think importing one would be the answer.

BTW driving a complete Eibach was a pain in the *** sometimes because it was so low in the front you soon learn how to drive sideways over "dips" in the road and I NEVER could get it in my driveway.

Good to own but "High Maintenance"

2000 Model Eibach Cougar (Auto) - Now dead & buried
thearrow is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post