Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 13-06-2021, 11:48 PM   #11491
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Default Re: Covid 19 -

Has this been posted yet??

https://youtu.be/ANRs4DojOek

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
Old 13-06-2021, 11:50 PM   #11492
slowsnake
Banned

Not on my watch!....

Cheers Billy.
Old 14-06-2021, 09:19 AM   #11493
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

Actually, I’d put money on him “holding the door” for a woman.

To return to core topic; I read somewhere yesterday that at least one member of Victoria’s government believed that zero ongoing cases was a prerequisite for removal of all restrictions. Haven’t found the quote again, yet. Did anybody else see it?
2 users like this post:
Old 14-06-2021, 09:39 AM   #11494
FairmontGS
WT GT
Donating Member3

Scientists issue warning that UK could see 100,000 daily Covid cases by July

https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/he...0e42f27555ec73

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 14-06-2021, 09:46 AM   #11495
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroënbender View Post
Actually, I’d put money on him “holding the door” for a woman.

To return to core topic; I read somewhere yesterday that at least one member of Victoria’s government believed that zero ongoing cases was a prerequisite for removal of all restrictions. Haven’t found the quote again, yet. Did anybody else see it?
Not seen it. Only one? I thought that's the same strategy across the country. They want to see a rolling average of x days of zeros before removing all restrictions. When did they ease all restrictions after Northern Beaches?

If things continue as they are, we should see further easing this Friday in metro melb. I reckon they could do it even sooner. I'm guessing remaining businesses like gyms will reopen, 30% back to office, 30% back at sporting events, maybe ok to travel to regional vic again.
Old 14-06-2021, 11:51 AM   #11496
oldel
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairmontGS View Post
Seasonal flu ‘nowhere to be seen' in Australia

https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/austr...edgdhp&pc=U531

I got my flu shot on Friday and the nurse said it was the same formula as last year - not enough samples gathered to determine what the strain is in the Northern Hemisphere is this year.
LOL, It's everywhere in WA. Many have a cold, flu, cough or sore throat now.
No idea where it came from if we're locked in and everyone locked out. Came in somehow and we've been complacent as hell and not worrying about hand sanatizer for 6m or more.

The flu I got was very bad too. in bed 4 days, second day could hardly breath, 3rd day coughing started, 4th day coughing so much I could clear out my lungs enough to start breathing again. But I'm sick of coughing, it's getting painful.
Did nothing to get this other than touch self service checkout screen at bunnings for some ****ing foam!
Lost two job interviews because I'm so sick.
Old 14-06-2021, 12:27 PM   #11497
FairmontGS
WT GT
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldel View Post
LOL, It's everywhere in WA. Many have a cold, flu, cough or sore throat now.
No idea where it came from if we're locked in and everyone locked out. Came in somehow and we've been complacent as hell and not worrying about hand sanatizer for 6m or more.

The flu I got was very bad too. in bed 4 days, second day could hardly breath, 3rd day coughing started, 4th day coughing so much I could clear out my lungs enough to start breathing again. But I'm sick of coughing, it's getting painful.
Did nothing to get this other than touch self service checkout screen at bunnings for some ****ing foam!
Lost two job interviews because I'm so sick.
That's no good. Did you get vaccinated this year?
Old 14-06-2021, 12:36 PM   #11498
FairmontGS
WT GT
Donating Member3

Scott Morrison reveals what it will take for international travel to restart - and says he'll stick to the 'Australian path' of aggressive virus suppression - after flying to G7 summit

Quote:
Scott Morrison said his government will continue aim of suppressing Covid-19
Australia's suppression strategy has kept the international borders closed
Mr Morrison he hasn't set a goal on vaccination numbers needed to restart travel
He said this would only occur 'when the medical advice suggests we should'
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...een-light.html
Old 14-06-2021, 12:48 PM   #11499
FairmontGS
WT GT
Donating Member3

Dan Andrews' secret plan to make far-reaching pandemic laws permanent

Quote:
Daniel Andrews' government is in secret negotiations with three MPs to try and introduce controversial new pandemic laws, reports suggest.

The Victorian government wants to replace state of emergency laws with permanent pandemic laws that would allow authorities to enforce lockdowns and quarantine for any future health crises, The Age has revealed.

The opposition Liberal Party – who said the proposed laws are not transparent enough – do not have a say in them, because the government will only negotiate with three minor MPs in order to pass the new laws.

The Andrews government has become notorious for snap lockdowns, leaving thousands out of work and school despite other states handling outbreaks with no such draconian orders.

Greens leader Samantha Ratnam, Animal Justice Party MP Andy Meddick and Reason Party MP Fiona Patten are making demands in exchange for getting the controversial pandemic bill through Parliament, including mandatory records of the racial appearance of people fined for pandemic rule-breaking.
https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/austr...?ocid=msedgntp
Old 14-06-2021, 12:54 PM   #11500
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

Who was sufficiently naïve, to not think that a government in the Victorian position would say “Gee, these laws could be handy down the track. Let’s hang on to them.”?
2 users like this post:
Old 14-06-2021, 01:02 PM   #11501
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

Data valid as at 00:00 GMT June 13th, 2021.

Note: As not all Australian States report at the same time, the data below is based on the previous full day reporting.

13 new cases for Australia and no deaths so the CMR is 3.009%.

6 cases and no deaths for NZ so CMR is 0.960% and active cases 27.

The UK had a lower 7,319 cases yesterday and 8 deaths.

9,427 new cases in the USA yesterday and 221 deaths sees CMR at 1.792%.

Other notable points: (weekend reporting)
Even though it is a weekend, yesterday was the first day under 300k global cases since March 1st this year although it might not stay there once adjustments are in;

Cuba (1,470); and
Mongolia (2,188)

... recorded new daily highs; those in blue for the second consecutive day and those in red for a third or more consecutive day.

Kyrgyzstan moves above the 90th percentile for their 10 day
average and no countries drop below.

Observatio Facta Rotae

2 users like this post:
Old 14-06-2021, 02:01 PM   #11502
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroënbender View Post
Who was sufficiently naïve, to not think that a government in the Victorian position would say “Gee, these laws could be handy down the track. Let’s hang on to them.”?
It will actually bring Victoria in line with the rest of the country. If it works for GSS it might work for us? Devil will be in the detail. Read somewhere that, in exchange for passing the bill, the minor parties want clear rules around what would trigger lock downs and curfews in the future, and don't want to see a repeat of the tower lock downs.

Not surprised they don't want to work with the opposition, not like there would be anything constructive coming back. Bill would need to pass parliament so it's hardly a "secret". The power would sit with future governments, so might be Labor today but Lib tomorrow.
Old 14-06-2021, 06:29 PM   #11503
FairmontGS
WT GT
Donating Member3

How Taiwan’s struggle for Covid vaccines is inflaming tensions with China

Quote:
Vaccines are the latest flashpoint inflaming cross-strait tensions between China and Taiwan, as the latter tries to fend off its worst coronavirus outbreak since the pandemic began with a mostly unvaccinated population and the former rails against outside assistance from Taipei’s allies.

Affected by global shortages, low initial orders, and accusations of geopolitical interference, it has received only a few million doses, and international allies are stepping up to help.

On 4 June, Japan sent a plane carrying 1.24m AstraZeneca doses and days later a delegation of US senators flew to Taipei to announce a donation of 750,000 doses.

Beijing strongly objected. China’s foreign ministry suggested Japan was exploiting the pandemic “to put on political shows”, and accused the US of breaching the “one-China” principle, which asserts that Taiwan is an inalienable part of China.

Both donations showed how much less Tokyo and Washington worry about aggravating Beijing, amid deteriorating relations.
https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/other...?ocid=msedgntp

How did Covid slip through Taiwan’s ‘gold standard’ defences?

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...ndard-defences
Old 14-06-2021, 07:24 PM   #11504
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Looks like Vic has run out of pfizer. Just heard no more 1st dose bookings from today until further notice. All reserves are now for 2nd dose bookings only.
Old 14-06-2021, 07:35 PM   #11505
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
Opinion: Prime Minister’s globetrotting highlights his lack of a plan to let Aussies visit family overseas
Scott Morrison travelled around the world to hang out at someone else’s party but shamelessly refuses to give everyday Aussies any idea of when they can do the same.

OPINION

Last week, Prime Minister Scott Morrison trod a path millions of Australians have done before.

He boarded a plane here, transited through Singapore, and then a day later landed in the UK.

He then headed to the G7 summit in Cornwall. Many of us, understandably, were underwhelmed by the spectacle.

It was a shameless display of “do as I say, not as I do”. Mr Morrison made this jaunt overseas while steadfastly refusing to give Aussies any idea of how long they will be prevented from doing the same.

It’s not about a date, it’s about the fact the PM won’t even set out a plan – a vague undulating adjustable plan even – towards opening borders when most of us are vaccinated.

At least 7.5 million Australians have every right to feel furious.
https://www.news.com.au/national/fed...05159ac4802bc0

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
This user likes this post:
Old 14-06-2021, 07:43 PM   #11506
cheap
Wirlankarra yanama

I’ll leave it up to everyone to make up their own minds, but these guys seem legit !

https://youtu.be/Du2wm5nhTXY

BTW, a good friend’s dad had his 1st Pfizer jab 4 weeks ago. 2nd jab two weeks later on a Friday, died on Sunday. His death is simply not being unreported as vaccine related… no remote connection at all?

Be very interesting to take a data point from the obituary section, and reference BDM too.
Old 14-06-2021, 08:23 PM   #11507
FairmontGS
WT GT
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheap View Post
I’ll leave it up to everyone to make up their own minds, but these guys seem legit !

BTW, a good friend’s dad had his 1st Pfizer jab 4 weeks ago. 2nd jab two weeks later on a Friday, died on Sunday. His death is simply not being unreported as vaccine related… no remote connection at all?

Be very interesting to take a data point from the obituary section, and reference BDM too.

What does “His death is simply not being unreported as vaccine related… no remote connection at all?” mean? Grammatical English please
Old 14-06-2021, 08:30 PM   #11508
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheap View Post

I'd be lying if I said I didn't have some hesitancy. But then I look at the US, 170m have had first dose, 135m second dose. I also have quite a number of friends and relatives living in North America who have had the pfizer. All but one have had no adverse effects....so far. The one that did have a reaction, it was blood pressure related, and is now being monitored, and they do think it was caused by the pfizer shot. A few of my relos in the medical profession did also have some concerns initially, but they've now had their dose. I take "some" comfort in that. Nothing in life is guaranteed, but I can't be bothered spending the rest of my life looking over my shoulders thinking someone is gonna come get me.
Old 14-06-2021, 08:35 PM   #11509
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairmontGS View Post
Dan Andrews' secret plan to make far-reaching pandemic laws permanent

https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/austr...?ocid=msedgntp
Would not surprise me since Danny Boy is one big control freak.
Never ever trust any Greens or Victorian Independent politicians as they will sell their souls to wheel and deal their ideology onto you.
2 users like this post:
Old 14-06-2021, 08:42 PM   #11510
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3rminator View Post
It will actually bring Victoria in line with the rest of the country. If it works for GSS it might work for us? Devil will be in the detail. Read somewhere that, in exchange for passing the bill, the minor parties want clear rules around what would trigger lock downs and curfews in the future, and don't want to see a repeat of the tower lock downs.

Not surprised they don't want to work with the opposition, not like there would be anything constructive coming back. Bill would need to pass parliament so it's hardly a "secret". The power would sit with future governments, so might be Labor today but Lib tomorrow.
Hmmm you should read your history books when giving unvetted power to politicians.
Old 14-06-2021, 09:02 PM   #11511
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Officemanager View Post
Hmmm you should read your history books when giving unvetted power to politicians.
Except, from what I have read so far, it won't be "unvetted". Would it be different if the head line read "Victoria finally brings outdated state of emergency laws in line with rest of the country." It's not been a problem in any other state that already has such legislation in place.

It still needs to be voted in, and they will still require agreement from those outside of their own parties. I believe the minors are pushing for the legislation to include some form of independent review process that can be triggered outside of the government. It may actually give us more transparency funnily enough. Like I said, devil's in the detail.

Ok better stop here before I get accused of defending danism again
Old 14-06-2021, 09:04 PM   #11512
zilo
BANNED

Quote:
Looks like Vic has run out of pfizer. Just heard no more 1st dose bookings from today until further notice. All reserves are now for 2nd dose bookings only.

Yep...Comrade Dan got the last one....no astra for him...

(It's the red triangle with exclamation mark on the left)
3 users like this post:
Old 15-06-2021, 12:45 AM   #11513
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:
Except, from what I have read so far, it won't be "unvetted". Would it be different if the head line read "Victoria finally brings outdated state of emergency laws in line with rest of the country." It's not been a problem in any other state that already has such legislation in place.

It still needs to be voted in, and they will still require agreement from those outside of their own parties. I believe the minors are pushing for the legislation to include some form of independent review process that can be triggered outside of the government. It may actually give us more transparency funnily enough. Like I said, devil's in the detail.

Ok better stop here before I get accused of defending danism again
Be careful of what powers are given to politicians as those *bastards# sure know how to misuse it and when they do deals behind closed doors it is far more worse.
2 users like this post:
Old 15-06-2021, 06:35 AM   #11514
lumen8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Italy’s vaccination campaign has been thrown into chaos after experts banned the use of the AstraZeneca vaccine for the under-60s only days after young Italians were encouraged to take it.

The restriction on the use of the vaccine followed the death last Thursday from blood clotting of an 18-year-old woman in Liguria who had her first jab on May 25.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/i...eath-vl6rzd8xx

AstraZeneca Vaccine Paused For Those Under Sixty in Greece

The AstraZeneca vaccine should not be given to those under sixty in Greece, the National Vaccination Committee announced on Monday.

https://greekreporter.com/2021/06/14...xty-years-old/
Old 15-06-2021, 06:37 AM   #11515
lumen8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Australians will be stuck with masks, lockdowns and snap border closures for up to TWO YEARS because the vaccine rollout is slow and too many people refuse to get the jab, study finds

Australians will likely be stuck with snap Covid lockdowns and rolling restrictions even as vaccination numbers rise - while the rest of the world gets on with life.

Anti-vaccination hysteria and new virus variants mean the nation is unlikely to achieve herd immunity any time soon, a new study conducted by the Burnet Institute concluded.

Therefore, researchers believe preventative protocols like mask wearing and social distancing, as well as 'circuit breaker' lockdowns like those utilised in Queensland, South Australia and Western Australia will likely remain the norm.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ates-rise.html
Old 15-06-2021, 11:13 AM   #11516
oldel
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumen8 View Post
Italy’s vaccination campaign has been thrown into chaos after experts banned the use of the AstraZeneca vaccine for the under-60s only days after young Italians were encouraged to take it.

The restriction on the use of the vaccine followed the death last Thursday from blood clotting of an 18-year-old woman in Liguria who had her first jab on May 25.
https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/i...eath-vl6rzd8xx
AstraZeneca Vaccine Paused For Those Under Sixty in Greece
The AstraZeneca vaccine should not be given to those under sixty in Greece, the National Vaccination Committee announced on Monday.

https://greekreporter.com/2021/06/14...xty-years-old/
Everyone learning the hard way on their own again...
Old 15-06-2021, 11:24 AM   #11517
lumen8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldel View Post
Everyone learning the hard way on their own again...
The mayor of Rome doesnt seem too fussed, listen to her from 57 seconds when asked about covid risk at the euros...

Old 15-06-2021, 12:24 PM   #11518
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

Data valid as at 00:00 GMT June 14th, 2021.

Note: As not all Australian States report at the same time, the data below is based on the previous full day reporting.

15 new cases for Australia and no deaths so the CMR is 3.008%.

1 case and no deaths for NZ so CMR is 0.960% and active cases 27.

The UK had a higher 7,606 cases yesterday and 3 deaths.

8,939 new cases in the USA yesterday and 110 deaths sees CMR at 1.792%.

Other notable points:

Global cases pass 177M, the last 1M in 2 days;
As predicted the sub 300k global case numbers from yesterday are now above that figure;

Only -
Mongolia (2,263)

... recorded new daily highs; those in blue for the second consecutive day and those in red for a third or more consecutive day.

No countries move above the 90th percentile for their 10 day
average and no countries drop below.

Observatio Facta Rotae

Old 15-06-2021, 05:21 PM   #11519
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The vic booking portal is finally up, just in time when no more 1st dose pfizer bookings are being taken

Still, you can make your 2nd bookings or AZ bookings.

https://portal.cvms.vic.gov.au/
Old 15-06-2021, 05:35 PM   #11520
tweeked
N/A all the way

Quote:
The vic booking portal is finally up, just in time when no more 1st dose pfizer bookings are being taken

Still, you can make your 2nd bookings or AZ bookings.

https://portal.cvms.vic.gov.au/
Worked well for me, just booked my 2nd AZ

Closed Thread