Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 02-02-2008, 02:35 PM   #1
Stav
Smile

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always ready to help others over the years on AFF with advice and tips along the way 
Default Stroker for au six..4.8litres!!

I asked the question some time back if it can be done and luckily for us I have discovered that there are some protoype kits being tested as we speak to bring the 4.0 to 4.8 litres in capacity.The guy is Joe of Crescent motorsport.I don't normally talk up many shops but Joe has to be proud of his efforts in giving this a go.Imagine the wagon with a 4.8 litre block!! : Hello 12 's!! Just waiting to see how the reliabilty goes..

Single din radio fascias for fg to fgx fords Australia wide .

FG 1 2 and 3 gauge holder in stock now! https://stingraycar.com.au/shop/
Site Sponsor See Sponsor Stingray Car Security 😍👌✌

AU wagon 6 14.241@96.75 1/4 mile sold.Octane fg xr6 turbo!! 12.312 112.21 mph home tune f6 injectors gone ..now in nitro fgxr6t ready to go again
Stav is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2008, 02:46 PM   #2
Kryton

whats the cost though?
Kryton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2008, 02:48 PM   #3
StealthAu
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I was looking at this on another site, does anyone know how far off they are?
StealthAu is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2008, 02:56 PM   #4
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

There's a trial car running around Sydney with one in ... the vehicle is fairly stock as well.

I have been asking more about it ... Joe is working still on different variants (E-series and B-series so far).

For a full complete block/rotating assembly (if wanting a head and cam package too) ... it's going to be a bit ... there's a lot of work already gone into this.

I guess when Joe is ready to start selling these ... he will add all the relevant information.

I'd like just the bottom end with the stronger pistons/rods ... and use my current head and cam ... but it still is going to cost though ... at the moment my funds don't permit it.

Now power/torque figures yet ... as the test vehicle is running it in for reliability for now.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2008, 02:58 PM   #5
HLC
Audi S3

this interests me a lot, even though i'll never be able to afford it! imagine the torque though!!!!!
Old 02-02-2008, 03:00 PM   #6
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

From memory the compression ratio will remain similar to stock ... and if having head mods ... with be raised ... should work nicely with LPG too (especially with higher comp.)
Old 02-02-2008, 03:07 PM   #7
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

sounds like a ball tearer Stav, will be interested to see one performing.
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2008, 03:47 PM   #8
GK
Walking with God

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mik
sounds like a ball tearer Stav, will be interested to see one performing.
I'll bet Stav will be one of the first with this new development. He'll probably stick in his wagon too! He sure likes being different!

Good onya Stav, a full on ripping wagon. AWESOME! :

GK

2015 Kia Sorento Platinum - Snow White Pearl

2001 Ducati Monster 900Sie - Red

Now gone!
1999 AU1 Futura Wagon - Sparkling Burgundy
On LPG

Want a Full Life? John 10:10
GK is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2008, 05:21 PM   #9
sbutler
335 kw of goodness

Stump pulling TORQUE!! never goes astray..

2012 GTP 213 black what was I thinking? NOW FOR SALE>>
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11439680
sbutler is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2008, 05:24 PM   #10
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

It'll definitely be a tractor motor then.
Nearly 5L and still 2 cylinder deficient :hihi:
The poor Holden V6's won't know what hit them.

Also ... these packages are being built strong enough for decent boost as well (if the purchase has really deep pockets) ... rods and pistons will be forged as far as I know.
Old 02-02-2008, 05:33 PM   #11
sly
Sly like a G6

Technically not a stroker as it's bored and sleeved to fit 4" slugs. Should still be torquey though without getting coarse or breathless at higher revs. IIRC Joe is hoping that 200RWKW will be within easy reach... before adding boost.
The Frankenfalcon... AU1.5 Wagon, BA brakes, AU2 booster, BA2 XR6T engine, stock from airbox to turbo, 8psi/98 octane tune 240RWKW, BF XR6T cat, quiet 3" zorst, Pex BSO660 & BSO439 mufflers, 84 db, built BTR box, 3.08 LSD, Emer SVI LPG, AU1 XR8 alloys, Momo wheel, JVC KDR746BT head unit, Aerpro steering wheel control wiring.

Sleeper, anyone?
sly is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2008, 05:34 PM   #12
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

I am awaiting to see the torque figures of it ... I think there's another one literally ready to go too .... time will tell.
Old 02-02-2008, 05:35 PM   #13
blackers10
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

niiiice!!!!
do we know what ball park $$$ this is going to be in??
Old 02-02-2008, 05:40 PM   #14
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Joe is not firm on prices yet ... If you are after full rotating assembly ... stage 2 head and cam package ... it is getting close to the $6K mark ... but that's getting a brand new block ... all new internals.

He is looking at selling it moreso as a bottom end (sump, crank, rods, pistons) ... so pretty much from the pistons down will be the package. It will save on the price (also some people will have their own head and cam from prior). No details on just the bottom end yet.

All other bits are the owners items ... that manifolds and ancilliaries.
Old 02-02-2008, 05:58 PM   #15
blackers10
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

sounds good Mechan1k!
now we just need to see these beasties out and about!!
Old 02-02-2008, 05:59 PM   #16
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

I wouldn't mind having the ute as a test mule ... but I don't see it happening.
Old 02-02-2008, 06:31 PM   #17
Stav
Smile

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always ready to help others over the years on AFF with advice and tips along the way 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GK
I'll bet Stav will be one of the first with this new development. He'll probably stick in his wagon too! He sure likes being different!

Good onya Stav, a full on ripping wagon. AWESOME! :

GK
it is only i testing mode at the moment.In the past I have been told that it cant be done.I think with that capacity the six 4.8 is capable of monster torque that should boggle car owners with its performance.I do know that there were 5.0 six cylinder fords in usa so why not? With all good things ..they take time so if it does work out I would seriously look at this package.Just a shame it wasnt ready 4 years ago. :

Single din radio fascias for fg to fgx fords Australia wide .

FG 1 2 and 3 gauge holder in stock now! https://stingraycar.com.au/shop/
Site Sponsor See Sponsor Stingray Car Security 😍👌✌

AU wagon 6 14.241@96.75 1/4 mile sold.Octane fg xr6 turbo!! 12.312 112.21 mph home tune f6 injectors gone ..now in nitro fgxr6t ready to go again
Stav is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2008, 06:32 PM   #18
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

If I keep the ute for longer ... I'd be serious in going this path as well. Along with keeping my current Stg 2 cam of Joe's that has been running nicely as is.
Old 02-02-2008, 06:52 PM   #19
JoesAu

yeah he has decent cams too, im looking at his stg3 cam at the moment which is ment to outdo the dev5.
JoesAu is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2008, 11:58 PM   #20
MADED-6
MADED.6

sounds good but how much bigger is the stroke as the 4.0l has a big stroke already hence the reason the arent the reviest motor.
if the stroke is much bigger then yeah itll be a torquey motor but not revvy at all.
but we'll see wat happens i spose.
cheers josh.
MADED-6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-02-2008, 01:21 AM   #21
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADED-6
sounds good but how much bigger is the stroke as the 4.0l has a big stroke already hence the reason the arent the reviest motor.
if the stroke is much bigger then yeah itll be a torquey motor but not revvy at all.
but we'll see wat happens i spose.
cheers josh.
The stroke won't change, just the bore, so I'm not sure it will be torquey at all - will most likely have to rev high to get any power, and revs are restricted to around 6000rpm from factory. I can't see it making a bucket load more torque than a 4.0 stockie, though power should be up, I suppose, even if at higher revs (max now is over 4000, though, so who knows what this will be).

And yes, I realise that power is the product of torque and revs, but an over square motor is not conducive to torque, so even with a larger capacity, I can't really see the power being improved on by much, unless the rev limit is also raised.

Ref: http://wotid.com/dyno/content/view/18/37/
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-02-2008, 01:47 AM   #22
sly
Sly like a G6

It shouldn't be much oversquare. If the bore is exactly 4" that's 101.6mm. IIRC the stroke is 99.7???? That would give a capacity of 4849.8cc... maybe the stroke is a bit less.

It's still a 20% increase. Maybe it'll be restricted by the head casting... normally with such a bore increase the chambers would be widened and larger valves fitted. I'm not sure if Joe has the resources to do this, but he already does porting & cams for the I6 so will be able to at least partially compensate.

The relatively small valves should mean high intake velocities at relatively low rpm, so it probably will be torquey. I reckon a centrifugal blower would help overcome any flow deficiency at higher revs...
The Frankenfalcon... AU1.5 Wagon, BA brakes, AU2 booster, BA2 XR6T engine, stock from airbox to turbo, 8psi/98 octane tune 240RWKW, BF XR6T cat, quiet 3" zorst, Pex BSO660 & BSO439 mufflers, 84 db, built BTR box, 3.08 LSD, Emer SVI LPG, AU1 XR8 alloys, Momo wheel, JVC KDR746BT head unit, Aerpro steering wheel control wiring.

Sleeper, anyone?
Old 03-02-2008, 02:26 AM   #23
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

why not be really greedy chuck a turbo on as well .
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-02-2008, 10:50 AM   #24
sly
Sly like a G6

IIRC there will be 2 bottom ends available, a 450hp set and a 600hp set at extra cost for the greedy who have exactly that in mind.

Sleeper, anyone?
Old 03-02-2008, 01:16 PM   #25
XPfalcon170

http://www.fordmods.com/forums/cms-4...i6-t58347.html

this is the thread for anyone who is interested
XPfalcon170 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-02-2008, 02:08 PM   #26
InfernoSR
Sales Representative

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For research and posted write up on cooling system care and repair in AU.COM and offering help where possible 

There goes the idea of an AU I6 in my XG ute... might have to save up for this and drop it in instead :P.. also imagine twin turbo's on it....
Old 03-02-2008, 07:53 PM   #27
FS5
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

mmmmmmmm...........
Old 03-02-2008, 08:00 PM   #28
ayeyew
Teh Baest

I remember reading about this...

Kinda confuses me when i think about this engine boosted or an XR6T

Coming..CMS Stg2A Cam, 68mm TB
Later.. 4.5L w/ BOOOOOOOOOOST or XR6T or AUIII XR8 220

Currently:
151kW (165 on other dynos )
ayeyew is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-02-2008, 08:11 PM   #29
HLC
Audi S3

make up your mind :

what happened to car audio plans or the SC install : :
Old 03-02-2008, 10:03 PM   #30
Dark Horse
_Oo===oO_

Off topic comments aside, correct me if I'm wrong but one of the trial cars with the I6 stroker kit running out of Crescent Motorsport is an EF Fairmont?