Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 15-01-2010, 05:24 PM   #31
MOND30
If You Seek AU

Yep, sure do. My signature says it, but I can't get it to show up!

EDIT: Cheerfully withdrawn!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5x..._OYiDekVUlmEhg
MOND30 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-01-2010, 06:24 PM   #32
jweb
radio off =save petrol :P

Looks absolutely brilliant,Hope you enjoy it.Great write up by the way,good detail.
Old 15-01-2010, 07:23 PM   #33
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I've got the Mondeo XR5, and on a trip to QLD last year, I averaged 7.6 /100. I thought the diesel would have been much better than 7.1. I mean it's good, but I thought it would have been better.
Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-01-2010, 07:49 PM   #34
warren77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucknaked
I've got the Mondeo XR5, and on a trip to QLD last year, I averaged 7.6 /100. I thought the diesel would have been much better than 7.1. I mean it's good, but I thought it would have been better.
I managed to get 7.3L on a trip Perth ==> Bunbury last year.
Air con off, sun roof open.
MA XR5
I was on cruise most of the way, sitting at 116 (via GPS), including a couple of spirited overtaking incidents ;)
At that stage, the car had only done 8,000km, so still a bit tight.

I am EXTREMELY happy with my average fuel economy, given how I drive it.
Short trips
Air con on
Sun roof open
Spirited driving

Never reset my trip meter, reading average speed of 32, and usage of 10.4L.
For a car of its size, weight and performance, I think it is quite good.
My RX 2.5 Liberty (same sort of driving) was over 11.

Sure a diesel would give better figures but I like the the fun of the XR5. The Titanium spec wasn't available when I bought mine.
warren77 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-01-2010, 05:52 AM   #35
NZ XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty1
Titanium comes in diesel spec here.
Here's one.
http://www.carsales.com.au/all-cars/...d=125E094E267B
Highest spec in NZ is the Zetec, which is only available as a hatch. Hopefully Ford will revise the model range sometime this year.
Old 16-01-2010, 09:51 PM   #36
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by warren77
I managed to get 7.3L on a trip Perth ==> Bunbury last year.
Air con off, sun roof open.
MA XR5
I was on cruise most of the way, sitting at 116 (via GPS), including a couple of spirited overtaking incidents ;)
At that stage, the car had only done 8,000km, so still a bit tight.

I am EXTREMELY happy with my average fuel economy, given how I drive it.
Short trips
Air con on
Sun roof open
Spirited driving

Never reset my trip meter, reading average speed of 32, and usage of 10.4L.
For a car of its size, weight and performance, I think it is quite good.
My RX 2.5 Liberty (same sort of driving) was over 11.

Sure a diesel would give better figures but I like the the fun of the XR5. The Titanium spec wasn't available when I bought mine.
That is great economy. For us as alot of the trip was at 90 to 100kph, I thought the economy for that wasn't too bad. Up and down in speed due to roadworks.
Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-01-2010, 03:46 AM   #37
Keepleft
Mot Adv-NSW

Quote:
Originally Posted by NZ XR6
IMO the diesel auto is a much better drive that the petrol. For me, it came down to $$$ in the end (petrol demonstrator was $10k less than diesel). But I don't think you can get the Titanium with the diesel engine?

And the petrol needs 95 octane. Ford NZ say 91, but it's not true.

The service interval in Europe is 20,000 kms, so Ford Oz has already reduced this, maybe to match the Falcon or perhaps because it's hotter and dustier in Oz?
Appreciate that, decided on petrol Titanium.

Found this AUS spec Pdf brochure from a Ford dealer, take a squizz, might show a few market differences between NZ and AUS Zetec models?:-
http://www.waynephillis.com.au/media...o-brochure.pdf

A Q for Zetec or other AUS Titanium owner; the issue of DAB+ radio (Australia's growing digital radio system);

I can see our Sony unit displays RDS (Radio Data System) per UK model, AND UK's Sony shows on its faceplate a stamped, "DAB- Digital Audio Broadcasting" (see link below). The AUS version doesnt have this stamp, but its controls and functions look the exact same as the UK version:-
http://www.ford.co.uk/Cars/Mondeo

You can compare the two radios by using the above links and scrolling to the Sony radio system, zoom if needed.

Kinda hoping that our AUS Sony item does 'DAB+', the UK system is 'DAB' per the stamp on the UK model, If our Sony does not receive DAB+ (its UK DAB capabilities might not exist/be disabled here,- but may well pointlessly function still?), I'd then expect that 2010 plated Mondeo Sony versions due approx July *might* have this later DAB+ technology.

Probably just a chip change:-)

Quote:
Q: What is the difference between DAB and DAB+?
The UK uses what's referred to as 'DAB', whereas Australia is using the 'DAB+' format which is a more superior broadcast spectrum. For this reason DAB radios will not work in Australia
http://www.digitalradioplus.com.au/i...m?page_id=1010
ORDER FORD AUSTRALIA PART NO: AM6U7J19G329AA. This is a European-UN/AS3790B Spec safety-warning triangle used to give advanced warning to approaching traffic of a vehicle breakdown, or crash scene (to prevent secondary). Stow in the boot area. See your Ford dealer for this $35.95 safety item & when you buy a new Ford, please insist on it! See Page 83, part 4.4.1 http://www.transport.wa.gov.au/media...eSafePart4.pdf

Last edited by Keepleft; 18-01-2010 at 04:05 AM.
Keepleft is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-01-2010, 08:41 AM   #38
wusyc

In regards to petrol, the manual says that the engine for the 2.3L engine is designed for octane 95 petrol. It will run on 91 petrol with degraded performance.

In regards to the radio, the one I have on my July 2009 built Titanium (purchased September 2009) does not have any form of DAB at all. Not sure if Ford AU will request the DAB+ model for this year's Titanium.
Old 18-01-2010, 09:51 AM   #39
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Warner said, “Car manufacturers in Australia and overseas are aware that Australia’s digital radio standard is DAB+ and we are switching on in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide and Perth this month.”

“Mercedes, BMW, Jaguar and Audi have DAB receivers and Commercial Radio Australia (CRA) has contacted these manufactures to encourage them to add a DAB+ chip into those receivers for the Australian market.”
n addition to this, Commercial Radio Australia is also looking at providing the car after-market with a number of options to enjoy DAB+.

Some of the ideas include in-car adaptors that could link a portable DAB+ receiver via Bluetooth in your car or portable navigation systems that may include a DAB+ solution.

“Other receiver manufacturers CRA has spoken with are working on DAB+ after car market options.

“CRA is also a member of the World DMB Car Manufacturers Task Force meeting in Stockholm shortly to further encourage DAB+ options in cars throughout the world,” Ms Warner said.

Australia is following the European lead; with DAB+ being the preferred digital radio broadcast system, as opposed to HD radio in the US.

UK digital radio sales are going great guns, with sixty per cent of all radio listening coming via a digital signal.

The top-selling Ford Focus, Ford C-MAX and Ford Kuga are the first models to receive DAB+, with other models in the European Ford range to receive the option later this year.

Also digital radio only works in capital cities. Once you leave a capital city its back to FM Gold and Sunshine Coast don't have digital radio.

Last edited by csv8; 18-01-2010 at 09:53 AM. Reason: add info
csv8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-01-2010, 06:18 PM   #40
Keepleft
Mot Adv-NSW

Thank you gentlemen, I'll nag FoMoCo a bit......
Old 19-01-2010, 12:48 AM   #41
apstar
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I rather stick to FM the bitrates used for DAB+ is a disgrace around an average 64Kb or less, all of my MP3 at 160Kb are much better via CD

apstar
apstar is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-01-2010, 01:20 AM   #42
benjames
Starter Motor

Drat.. Well that's a bit of a let down then.
benjames is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-01-2010, 01:51 AM   #43
fromBAonwards
Banned

looks sweet, different to curren FG G6E, but not my cup of tea in my opinion a 3.0L camry would beat if but that is only performance wise, but otherwise, this is a very beautiful high technologically packed machine, something fresh and out of this world. Still slower than anything 4.0L I6 Ford made in a Falcon.
fromBAonwards is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-01-2010, 02:25 AM   #44
NZ XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keepleft
Appreciate that, decided on petrol Titanium.

Found this AUS spec Pdf brochure from a Ford dealer, take a squizz, might show a few market differences between NZ and AUS Zetec models?:-
http://www.waynephillis.com.au/media...o-brochure.pdf
I'm sure you'll enjoy the car - I'm very happy with mine, apart from the reduced power after driving a XR6 for 3 years!

There are a number of spec differences between NZ and Oz Mondeos. The model range is also quite different - we've had the diesel wagon here since May 2008. Also, we haven't had the "MB" released in NZ.

On the petrol issue (another post) there is a sticker in the car handbook, which covers the printed info on octane, that says to use 91. But the sticker inside the filler cap says 95 and the salesman said to use 95 when I picked up the car. Just why Ford NZ added the sticker is a real mystery.
Old 24-01-2010, 09:00 AM   #45
Keepleft
Mot Adv-NSW

Quote:
Originally Posted by apstar
I rather stick to FM the bitrates used for DAB+ is a disgrace around an average 64Kb or less, all of my MP3 at 160Kb are much better via CD

apstar
Right! Going to drop into the DVT and WP forums to learn more, one would wonder the worth or point then of digital radio- unless it actually improved existing systems, but I have listened via MP3 sampling, to EU shortwave digital stations, crystal clear - no shortwave fade, even in some tunnels. Was expecting our DAB+ to offer similar characteristic....

Anyhow, this is a response I recieved, I had linked CV8's post above:-

Quote:
Thank you for your e-mail to Ford Motor Company of Australia Limited (Ford
Australia).

We can advise that the Ford Mondeo is built to service multiple markets and as
such have many variations of the base product. Ford Australia has no confirmed
plans at this stage regarding DAB+ capability in Australian vehicles.

Your comments will be directed to our design teams who will utilise this
feedback to help us continually build excellent products for the future.

Kind regards,

JH named snipped.
Customer Service Representative
Ford Customer Relationship Centre
Ford Motor Company of Australia Ltd
Telephone: 13 36 73 (13 FORD) (Local Call)
Fax: +61 3 9929 3175
ORDER FORD AUSTRALIA PART NO: AM6U7J19G329AA. This is a European-UN/AS3790B Spec safety-warning triangle used to give advanced warning to approaching traffic of a vehicle breakdown, or crash scene (to prevent secondary). Stow in the boot area. See your Ford dealer for this $35.95 safety item & when you buy a new Ford, please insist on it! See Page 83, part 4.4.1 http://www.transport.wa.gov.au/media...eSafePart4.pdf