Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 21-06-2008, 11:47 PM   #1
apstar
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Insurance

Guys as I await my car to arrive may I asked how you have insured your cars

1. Market Value
2. Agree Value
3. Nominated Drivers[some will lower cover if safe drivers are listed]

have you placed the full rrp on agree value if you have chosen this option Allianz has quoted me $733p.a. TDCi,Leather,Bluetooth I also found out options are hit harder as oppose the options are part of a model line up e.g. Ghia with everything will come in at a lower cost

apstar

apstar is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-06-2008, 08:58 AM   #2
Lord Viykor
XR5 convert

I'll have to check mine out, my insurance went up by $700 with Allianz when I got the XR5.

My policy has nominated drivers and no driver under 30 is allowed. After looking at the price you have given I'm going back to read the fine print.
The mods: Window tint | Fomoco alloy pedals | Red painted brake calipers | THB Bury bluetooth | Bluefin | GGR CAI | Bilstein B6 sports dampers | Eilbach lowered coils | 2XS Inhaler (Top Induction Pipe) | EBC Ultimax discs and EBC red stuff brake pads | Mongoose 3" dump with Mongoose 3" 200 cell cat into custom system with Varex mufflers | Forge re-circ valve | Airtech intercooler coming soon
Lord Viykor is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-06-2008, 09:46 AM   #3
DRU842
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

No one more surprised than me when NRMA came in at $930.00, minimum $300.00 cheaper then anyone else, for Agreed Value.
2017 Mustang Lightening Blue, Cobb Intercooler, CAI, AccessPort, Turbo Blanket & V2 Exhaust, Mishimoto Down-Pipe & Overflow Tank, GFB DV+, Custom CRD Tune. Ford Performance Short Throw Shifter & Strut Brace. DBA T3 Brakes & Pads. Braided Brake Lines. H&R Coilovers. Anderson CF Track Pack Spoiler & Tailgate Panel. Blue CF/Leather Steering Wheel.
DRU842 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-06-2008, 10:59 AM   #4
FRIKA
FRIKA

My XR5 is Insured at $47,000 with RAC for a premium of $799pa
PS: I am in my mid 30's and clean record.
Old 22-06-2008, 12:09 PM   #5
jared79
Sock Puppets

I'm with RACQ, and i'm paying about $670 a year, I can't remember the exacted price. But it's around there. NRMA where over a grand and Suncorp was about $900. RACQ, won my vote.

Ford Mondeo Zetec Hatch in Blue Ambition
jared79 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-06-2008, 12:40 PM   #6
apstar
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Viykor
I'll have to check mine out, my insurance went up by $700 with Allianz when I got the XR5.

My policy has nominated drivers and no driver under 30 is allowed. After looking at the price you have given I'm going back to read the fine print.
here we go again words like TURBO - XR5 means one thing to insurance companies $$$$$$ even though they are much safer cars
apstar
Old 22-06-2008, 12:52 PM   #7
SteveH
Starter Motor

I am 34, married, living in Scoresby, Victoria. I have limited drivers to be over 25 years of age and the car will not be under finance. I have been quoted $644.07 per year for an XR5 Turbo from Budget Direct, which seems pretty reasonable as far as insurance goes.
SteveH is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-06-2008, 03:36 PM   #8
ajay1940

TDCI Hatch, agreed value $40,000, $500 excess, $548 with AAMI in Melbourne.
ajay1940 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-06-2008, 04:36 PM   #9
apstar
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay1940
TDCI Hatch, agreed value $40,000, $500 excess, $548 with AAMI in Melbourne.

Amazing AAMI here in Sydney online quote is $1074!! may have to confront NRMA and see what a face to face quote works out to be the point is a cheap quote may not be cheap in the end if you are unfortunate to have an accident

apstar
Old 22-06-2008, 06:56 PM   #10
LRsedan
Now XR5hatch!

Im 23, never had an at fault accident.

Xr5 mondeo, $2000 excess and a $1900 PA premium.

I had to up my excess to bring the premium down (if I didn't choose the highest excess and just went with the normal $500 excess, it was going to cost me about $3500 per year).

As long as I don't crash her I'll save heaps of money

Agreed value of $48,000.
LRsedan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-06-2008, 08:54 PM   #11
jared79
Sock Puppets

Quote:
Originally Posted by LRsedan
Im 23, never had an at fault accident.

Xr5 mondeo, $2000 excess and a $1900 PA premium.

I had to up my excess to bring the premium down (if I didn't choose the highest excess and just went with the normal $500 excess, it was going to cost me about $3500 per year).

As long as I don't crash her I'll save heaps of money

Agreed value of $48,000.
Ouch, bet you can't wait until your 25.

Ford Mondeo Zetec Hatch in Blue Ambition
jared79 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-06-2008, 12:08 AM   #12
XtRmn8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

$750pa with RAC in WA. Agreed value (RRP with options below). 25yo with a clean record.
Old 23-06-2008, 12:21 PM   #13
GRT046
Mondeo TDCi

I have taken the market value alternative with $450 excess for two listed drivers.

With RACQ Gold Card and 10 yr rating 1 discounts when compined with our other vehicle and House and Contents Insurance the Mondeo component is $370.01 per annum
Sunroof
GRT046 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-06-2008, 02:52 PM   #14
Dusty1
Giddy up!

Paying $790 with AAMI. Spent about an hour on the phone getting quotes and this was the cheapest I could get here for the TDCi hatch. Clean record and two drivers only both over 30.
Previous:
Oct 07 built Mondeo TDCi hatch, Stardust Silver, bluetooth, leather, tow pack, sunroof.
Dusty1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-06-2008, 04:54 PM   #15
ajay1940

Quote:
Originally Posted by apstar
Amazing AAMI here in Sydney online quote is $1074!! may have to confront NRMA and see what a face to face quote works out to be the point is a cheap quote may not be cheap in the end if you are unfortunate to have an accident

apstar
I'm rating 1 for life, but I did have a claim a while back. Put a rock through the sump of a VW Bora while exploring the back roads in Coonabarabran. Took 4 days to fix, AAMI paid accommodation and car hire (ratty old Fairmont). I think they're great.
ajay1940 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-06-2008, 01:29 PM   #16
Lord Viykor
XR5 convert

I just got a quote from RACQ for $645, so I'll shop around a bit and see if I can do better or equal if I add my home and contents.
The mods: Window tint | Fomoco alloy pedals | Red painted brake calipers | THB Bury bluetooth | Bluefin | GGR CAI | Bilstein B6 sports dampers | Eilbach lowered coils | 2XS Inhaler (Top Induction Pipe) | EBC Ultimax discs and EBC red stuff brake pads | Mongoose 3" dump with Mongoose 3" 200 cell cat into custom system with Varex mufflers | Forge re-circ valve | Airtech intercooler coming soon
Old 25-06-2008, 04:56 PM   #17
apstar
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

My 2 sons will be ****ed off if they cannot drive their fathers car! but nominated means just that they are strict with that sort of policy

apstar
Old 29-06-2008, 12:16 AM   #18
monkeyboy666

I have mine insured through NRMA. As a 44 year old with no claims in last 5 years and with all my other insurance through them I'm paying $613.71.

Apparently if the car gets totalled in the first 12 months they give me a new one specced up to the current one, no questions asked. Unless its obvious that I crashed it on purpose just to get a new car, I guess.

I also took out windscreen cover which entitles me to a new windscreen per year if the old one gets broke. Considering the replacement cost of a new screen is over a grand, I'd recommend ticking that box...
monkeyboy666 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-06-2008, 11:03 AM   #19
Dusty1
Giddy up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty1
Paying $790 with AAMI. Spent about an hour on the phone getting quotes and this was the cheapest I could get here for the TDCi hatch. Clean record and two drivers only both over 30.
I believe the actual price was $690. Previous work paid for it, so I only saw the invoice once.
Previous:
Oct 07 built Mondeo TDCi hatch, Stardust Silver, bluetooth, leather, tow pack, sunroof.
Dusty1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-06-2008, 01:32 PM   #20
apstar
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyboy666
I have mine insured through NRMA. As a 44 year old with no claims in last 5 years and with all my other insurance through them I'm paying $613.71.

Apparently if the car gets totalled in the first 12 months they give me a new one specced up to the current one, no questions asked. Unless its obvious that I crashed it on purpose just to get a new car, I guess.

I also took out windscreen cover which entitles me to a new windscreen per year if the old one gets broke. Considering the replacement cost of a new screen is over a grand, I'd recommend ticking that box...
Went to NRMA and was told that $613.71 was low and they could not have ever do an offer on that even though I have home and content with them [no claims] she said we only match ADVERTISED quotes e.g copies of receipts from other insurers or online quotes I give up :(

apstar
Old 02-07-2008, 12:15 AM   #21
Zippy7

Quote:
I just got a quote from RACQ for $645, so I'll shop around a bit and see if I can do better or equal if I add my home and contents.
Hi guys - first post here.

I must say that $645 is awesomely cheap if that is for an XR5 Turbo. Is that with standard excess?

I just picked up mine last Saturday, and it is just under $1100 per year, nominated drivers, 30+, clean record, lifetime no claim bonus with AAMI.
Zippy7 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-07-2008, 12:57 AM   #22
TheColonel

I'm paying $900ish for my XR5 with Shannons, after having a truck back into my Fiesta when i was with NRMA and having it in to be repaired 3 times due to the chop shop they chose to repair it at, the first thing i wanted to have was a choice of repairer. Over 30, single nominated driver...
Old 02-07-2008, 08:39 AM   #23
Lord Viykor
XR5 convert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippy7
Hi guys - first post here.

I must say that $645 is awesomely cheap if that is for an XR5 Turbo. Is that with standard excess?

I just picked up mine last Saturday, and it is just under $1100 per year, nominated drivers, 30+, clean record, lifetime no claim bonus with AAMI.
From memory it is with two excesses applied, the total excess is around $800. I'll check when I get home to confirm that though, I haven't changed over yet. I'm now looking at moving house and contents to them as well to see what sort of deal they can offer.

With Allianz I'm paying just over $1100 per year for my XR5 and that's with 'discount' for having my policies all combined.

The $645 is based on me as main driver (42 years old) with a lifetime no claim bonus. Jusr need to get off my rear and do something about it.
Old 03-07-2008, 04:56 PM   #24
apstar
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Well NRMA punishes those that live in areas of high crime rate so expect to pay more for that privilege even though I garage my car all of the time :togo:

apstar
Old 05-07-2008, 08:18 PM   #25
Lord Viykor
XR5 convert

I just did on online quote with AAMI

Male driver
42 years old
4503 postcode
2007 XR5 Mondeo
options - metallic paint, tinted windows
modifications - computer chip
insured for $42888

the premium shows up as $481

This seems awfully cheap, I wonder if there is a glitch in the system.
Old 05-07-2008, 10:21 PM   #26
Zippy7

Quote:
the premium shows up as $481
This seems awfully cheap, I wonder if there is a glitch in the system.
That *IS* awesomely cheap, and that includes admitting to a chip!
If it was me, I'd be putting some serious thought into taking something like that up and cancelling an existing policy :-)
Old 16-07-2008, 08:40 AM   #27
Lord Viykor
XR5 convert

Some questions that I hope you can help with.

1. Does anyone on the forum use AAMI?
2. If you do use AAMI how are they to deal with?
3. Does not being able to choose a repairer matter?

I haven't had a car in a panel beaters for 13 or 14 years, my last visit was because some clown ran into me.
Old 16-07-2008, 12:35 PM   #28
Zippy7

Quote:
Some questions that I hope you can help with.

1. Does anyone on the forum use AAMI?
2. If you do use AAMI how are they to deal with?
3. Does not being able to choose a repairer matter?

I haven't had a car in a panel beaters for 13 or 14 years, my last visit was because some clown ran into me.
I use AAMI, and we had a minor bingle last year in our previous car.
Overall, I would say that they are pretty good, but as usual, there are caveats

Dealing with them was pretty good - I had only one issue, and that was the child seats! The first customer service guy wasn't interested in replacing them, or even inspecting them. When I went to pickup, I asked a 2nd guy, and he was much better. They were both replaced, no fuss, it just took a month or so to get my money back from them.

With regards to the car repair, the whole process was pretty good. I drove it into their customer service centre, and they paid for a cab for me to get to work. Same for when I went to pickup - they paid that cabfare for me. They got 2 quotes, and they told me I was free to get a 3rd quote (I couldn't be bothered). The work was fine and it seems that quite a few parts were brand new (by the looks and on the invoice/checklist). They have a lifetime warranty on the work, but in reality, I don't think i will keep my cars for that long anyway. I like getting a new car every 5 years or so.

Putting this into perspective, my brother is with NRMA. When his Subie got hit by someone, he chose to take it to a Subie approved repairer. He had to take it back many times! There was overspray, they stuffed his window tint, there was damage to windows because they welded another car near his, etc. This was also a Lexus approved, so maybe they didn't care about his (new) base model Subie. For him, it was more hassle than I would put up with.

Lastly, AAMI give me a good deal, so I am not complaining but YMMV
Old 07-09-2009, 04:26 PM   #29
whoisit
Starter Motor

Unhappy

Jeez.. Looking at the prices on this forum they all seem cheap. I am in the market for Comprehensive insurance and the cheapest I have for my 08 Mondeo Zetec hatch is $1363 online. I am a 29 yo and no previous claims or accidents. Am doing something wrong here? Some of your the prices are half of what I am being quoted.
whoisit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-09-2009, 05:41 PM   #30
paulie0735
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech article(s) 

I use GIO for the XR5, cheapest by quite a bit over AAMI and RACV. I think I'm paying around $800 with rental and windscreen.
paulie0735 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post