Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 13-11-2009, 06:19 PM   #31
AlanD
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanD
Hi,

We paid $32880 for an MA Zetec TDCi that has just passed 1000Km. Took delivery on 13 October. The long tern fuel economy has gone from 16.9 l/100km to 8.7 L/100km across that distance. (We decided we didn't want a German Shepherd Dog so you could get track 4 of the CD, so that put the Titanium out of bounds ;) )

Tomorrow we head off for Adelaide (quick visit to see the relatives) 2 up plus moderate luggage. I'll fill up at Healsville and don't expect to have to put fuel into it again until we arrive in Victor Harbor. Taking the "senic" route via Bendigo and St Arnaud before getting back onto the Western Highway at Dimboola. Back via Naracoorte and the Otway Ranges.

I'll keep accurate fuel figures and give the group a heads up at what we achieve when we get back.

Thoughts so far - I expected it to be good and it is. Build quality is high (so far Ive found one missing PK screw and speed nut that ought to be in a rear wheel arch) It feels very solid, no squeaks or rattles, engine feels strong and the low down torque makes highway cruise speeds a breeze. I've been gradually increasing speeds on bends I know limits for in the Territory and it's now exceeding those, so I'm very impressed with the roadholding - more thoughts after a couple of thousand ks thanks to the upcoming trip.

Cheers

Well, it was an interesting trip and here are the figures we achieved:

Fill up at Healesville yeilded 7.52 l/100km and this was mostly around town running prior to leaving.

Next fill was at Mt Barker the following day after 933.7 km covered. Economy 6.3 l/100 km. Kept the car at (or just above) the posted speed limits with the A/C running for about 600 km

About 200km of city/close to city country travel and then via Mannum/Tailem Bend/Kingston SE/Mt Gambier/Heywood/Warrnambool. A/C on continuously. Distance travelled 892.2 km. Economy 6.93 l/100km

To get home we covered 391.1 km and the gauge is reading 3/4 full - when I get around to putting fuel in I'll provide an update for this last bit.

All in all and given the engine is still rather tight I'm very happy especially as the weather made A/C use mandatory for most of the distance travelled. I didn't reset the long term fuel use readout and this has fallen from 8.7 to 6.9 l/100km over the distance.

Cheers

Our Drive: Mondeo
MD TDCi Titanium Wagon
Ruby Red

AlanD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-11-2009, 10:19 PM   #32
obione980

Zach - We've just bought an MA Mondeo TDCi Hatch automatic for $36888 driveaway. The dealer threw in leather seats for free - and we got a great trade-in.

PM me in Qld (Brisbane northside) and I'll provide helpful information.
obione980 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post