Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-04-2020, 07:47 PM   #1411
wodahs
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Covid 19 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Cozzo View Post
The exception is not the rule.
i didnt say it was an exception or a rule but again try telling that to their parents
im not saying any of this is right or wrong but how many here complaining bout their rights would be as loud if not more so if it was some one close to them that died young or old
all these experts on here and still no cure to this virus

rebuilding the zh fairlane with a clevo 400m 4v heads injected whipple blown with aode 4 speed trans to a 9" ....... we'll get there eventually

just remember don't be afraid to try something new.
Remember, amateurs built the Ark...Professionals built the Titanic!

I have taken up meditation... at least it's better than sitting around doing nothing !!

Last edited by wodahs; 11-04-2020 at 08:00 PM.
7 users like this post:
Old 11-04-2020, 07:58 PM   #1412
prydey
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syndrome View Post
If we put in the same measure for influenza we could cut that death toll from 1,000s to 100s.
The number of people with a vaccine and the fact that many have been exposed previously would have a similar effect as social distancing and limiting people's movement.
Old 11-04-2020, 08:04 PM   #1413
Syndrome
Ford screwed the Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by prydey View Post
The number of people with a vaccine and the fact that many have been exposed previously would have a similar effect as social distancing and limiting people's movement.

So let us destroy our economy, our businesses and our savings every time somebody has a sniffle.

My cars

Current ride
2016 FG X XR6 - 6 speed manual

Previous rides
2009 FG XR6 - 6 speed auto
2006 BF MkII XT ESP - 6 speed auto
2003 BA XT V8 - 5 speed manual
1999 AU Forte - 5 speed manual
1997 EL Fairmont - 4 speed auto
1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia - 4 speed auto
2 users like this post:
Old 11-04-2020, 08:10 PM   #1414
wodahs
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
So let us destroy our economy, our businesses and our savings every time somebody has a sniffle.
ok you have a week to find the cure and put the economy back together
and if you think this comment is silly its no less that yours

and the worlds economy is in the same boat not just ours

hell this stupid little virus was even enough to stop decades of war between certain nations , never seen the sniffles do that

rebuilding the zh fairlane with a clevo 400m 4v heads injected whipple blown with aode 4 speed trans to a 9" ....... we'll get there eventually

I have taken up meditation... at least it's better than sitting around doing nothing !!
3 users like this post:
Old 11-04-2020, 08:16 PM   #1415
Work Horse
Budget Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wodahs View Post
ok you have a week to find the cure and put the economy back together
and if you think this comment is silly its no less that yours

and the worlds economy is in the same boat not just ours

hell this stupid little virus was even enough to stop decades of war between certain nations , never seen the sniffles do that
But what about easter egg hunts!??
Old 11-04-2020, 08:21 PM   #1416
CyberWasp
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

when E98 is less than a $1 a litre at Costco and you can't go for a drive in the Mustang because of a virus........

3 users like this post:
Old 11-04-2020, 08:21 PM   #1417
prydey
Rob

Quote:
Old 11-04-2020, 08:23 PM   #1418
Jack91
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Am i the only one expecting a big movement/civil unrest if this goes on much longer?
Im not even a socially active person, and im still working, but I'm angry.
If stage 4 comes in in vic and construction stops, grab the popcorn. I never, ever, EVER thought id say this, but thank god for the cfmeu.
This user likes this post:
Old 11-04-2020, 08:24 PM   #1419
Tickford.
🚫⏰4️⃣🐃💩

Quote:
Why? Just because I don't work in what has been defined as an essential service why should I be a prisoner in my house? I walked to the shops this morning as that is allowed. And I think I need some toothpicks so I will walk to the shops again this afternoon.
He's coming for you...

Old 11-04-2020, 08:28 PM   #1420
Syndrome
Ford screwed the Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack91 View Post
Am i the only one expecting a big movement/civil unrest if this goes on much longer?
If stage 4 comes in in vic and construction stops, grab the popcorn. I never, ever, EVER thought id say this, but thank god for the cfmeu.

No you are not.

My cars

Current ride

Previous rides
Old 11-04-2020, 08:33 PM   #1421
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by wodahs View Post
i didnt say it was an exception or a rule but again try telling that to their parents
im not saying any of this is right or wrong but how many here complaining bout their rights would be as loud if not more so if it was some one close to them that died young or old
all these experts on here and still no cure to this virus
People would do well to stop holding arrogant assumptions that I/we have not experienced loss in my/our lives.

The difference between me and the 'do-gooders' all too happy to throw others civil liberties down the toilet is that I don't hold an overinflated view of the worth of my own life or my families lives as living humans on this planet. There's 7,800,000,000 people on this planet and the FOUR of us from my family aren't special.

The cycle of life means that my parents, my sister and myself have been born on this planet on particular days and we've got a period of time until we all check out permanently.

Whether its because of old age or things outside of my/our control - it is what it is, we're all going to die some day.

Whether its a car accident, abusing my health, taking risks or just I got old and crapped out, its inevitable.

My Nonna who is 89 summed it up pretty well a couple of weeks ago over the phone - she said she has to die someday and that people should still be allowed to go about their business.

My observations about Australia and Australians in general is they cant handle others who value their freedom, which doesn't surprise me as the country was founded as a prison colony - convicts, can't live without someone else telling them what to do.

A nation of boot lickers that lacks initiative and free will, always requiring big brother to guide the way, such an apathetic group of humans who are so disengaged with politics in this country but then on the other hand are whinging about the calibre of our politicians.

Can't live their lives without Government intervention, the Government has to allow if you can do something or being looked up to for instruction 24/7, 'they shouldn't be allowed to do that!' everyone is too busy worrying about trying to control other peoples lives, whether its dash cam videos and people putting their 2 cents in, conversation on here across a broad range of topics there's always someone who can't handle free conversation without getting offended or demanding someone should do something.

This culture that's suddenly come to the surface of people dobbing on others for suspicions of breaking COVID-19 restrictions are the same kind of people who would have dobbed on other families hiding Jews in Nazi Germany in WWII - remember they were just 'following orders' too and look where that come out in the timeline of recent history.

You've sold out over a million of your own people, sent them to the unemployment line and on tax payer funded benefits that future generations are going to be footing the bill for generations.

If people had self awareness they should be ashamed of themselves for the monumental damage they've caused politically, socially and economically.
Old 11-04-2020, 08:36 PM   #1422
PG2
#neuteredlyfe
Donating Member2

Quote:
Why? Just because I don't work in what has been defined as an essential service why should I be a prisoner in my house? I walked to the shops this morning as that is allowed. And I think I need some toothpicks so I will walk to the shops again this afternoon.
This is the exact attitude that has put everyone in this situation.

Don't whinge when we go into complete lockdown because people like you can't stay the **** at home.

Last edited by PG2; 11-04-2020 at 08:47 PM. Reason: offensive - I thought the forum would have edited that out.
Old 11-04-2020, 08:36 PM   #1423
Syndrome
Ford screwed the Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tickford. View Post
He's coming for you...

I don't fear death as it will eventually come.

My cars

Current ride

Previous rides
Old 11-04-2020, 08:43 PM   #1424
Work Horse
Budget Racer

Quote:
.This culture that's suddenly come to the surface of people dobbing on others for suspicions of breaking COVID-19 restrictions are the same kind of people who would have dobbed on other families hiding Jews in Nazi Germany in WWII - remember they were just 'following orders' too and look where that come out in the timeline of recent history.
Godwins law.....
Old 11-04-2020, 08:48 PM   #1425
Tickford.
🚫⏰4️⃣🐃💩

Quote:
People would do well to stop holding arrogant assumptions that I/we have not experienced loss in my/our lives.

The difference between me and the 'do-gooders' all too happy to throw others civil liberties down the toilet is that I don't hold an overinflated view of the worth of my own life or my families lives as living humans on this planet. There's 7,800,000,000 people on this planet and the FOUR of us from my family aren't special.

The cycle of life means that my parents, my sister and myself have been born on this planet on particular days and we've got a period of time until we all check out permanently.

Whether its because of old age or things outside of my/our control - it is what it is, we're all going to die some day.

Whether its a car accident, abusing my health, taking risks or just I got old and crapped out, its inevitable.

My Nonna who is 89 summed it up pretty well a couple of weeks ago over the phone - she said she has to die someday and that people should still be allowed to go about their business.

My observations about Australia and Australians in general is they cant handle others who value their freedom, which doesn't surprise me as the country was founded as a prison colony - convicts, can't live without someone else telling them what to do.

A nation of boot lickers that lacks initiative and free will, always requiring big brother to guide the way, such an apathetic group of humans who are so disengaged with politics in this country but then on the other hand are whinging about the calibre of our politicians.

Can't live their lives without Government intervention, the Government has to allow if you can do something or being looked up to for instruction 24/7, 'they shouldn't be allowed to do that!' everyone is too busy worrying about trying to control other peoples lives, whether its dash cam videos and people putting their 2 cents in, conversation on here across a broad range of topics there's always someone who can't handle free conversation without getting offended or demanding someone should do something.

This culture that's suddenly come to the surface of people dobbing on others for suspicions of breaking COVID-19 restrictions are the same kind of people who would have dobbed on other families hiding Jews in Nazi Germany in WWII - remember they were just 'following orders' too and look where that come out in the timeline of recent history.

You've sold out over a million of your own people, sent them to the unemployment line and on tax payer funded benefits that future generations are going to be footing the bill for generations.

If people had self awareness they should be ashamed of themselves for the monumental damage they've caused politically, socially and economically.
2 users like this post:
Old 11-04-2020, 08:50 PM   #1426
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by Work Horse View Post
Godwins law.....
You've singled out a single paragraph and taken it out of context to quote an 'internet rule'.

That's OK, I understand you may struggle with the idea of the systematic extermination of 6 million people in the middle of a war that lead to an estimated 50-70M deaths within a 6 year period
Old 11-04-2020, 08:54 PM   #1427
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

Moreover, I fear many would not see the irony in a proposal for building facilities to “group disinfect”.

Every day I remember the Holocaust. It is not a “commemoration” or forced remembering, not an homage to a shrine. It is simply there, in my mind. With a strong sense of betrayal; people who went into a terrible situation fearing the worst but hoping the light of basic human decency would shine - and it failed them.
Old 11-04-2020, 08:58 PM   #1428
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack91 View Post
The only thing that would lead to widespread civil unrest here would be if they closed the grog shops if anything at all. That won't happen least of all because they collect a huge amount of tax.
Old 11-04-2020, 08:58 PM   #1429
FPV8U
BOSS 5.4L Enthusiast

Frustration with being on lockdown grows day by day, the feedback on social media has gone from very supportive of the measures by state and federal government if not impatient for the current strict conditions to doubts and confusion to the viability of the process we have found ourselves in.

The questions are how to we transition from where we are to a reduced stage of restriction where the economy is a substantial percentage more active until treatments that are currently under testing are approved, this may mean transitioning to a model isolating those more likely to be at risk rather than the larger community.

After that the next stage should be holding the WHO and the CPP accountable for their inaccurate information that has resulted in a large loss of life and a massive economic affect worldwide.
2 users like this post:
Old 11-04-2020, 09:00 PM   #1430
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Vic Police hand out more than $300,000 worth of COVID-19 fines in a single day:

https://7news.com.au/lifestyle/healt...fines-c-970697
Old 11-04-2020, 09:00 PM   #1431
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

A very reliable sub-one minute test for contagion, would be a game changer.
Old 11-04-2020, 09:09 PM   #1432
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Vic Police hand out more than $300,000 worth of COVID-19 fines in a single day:

https://7news.com.au/lifestyle/healt...fines-c-970697
Old 11-04-2020, 09:11 PM   #1433
wodahs
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

now as much as i tend to agree with some of what you say below
Quote:
if you think i had an arrogant assumptions , it was due to me assuming you had had an arrogant assumption when i mearly pointed out younger people can die due to this

Quote:
and i agree with this in my self
but i also can see in the community as well as in this forum some (on both sides of the fence) have acted as in a way that shows they do need guidance and unfortunately in doing so the government has put situations (right or wrong) in place , i didnt vote for them (and a lot did) but id say even the ones i did vote for would have done a similar situation as it seems the general situation world wide

Quote:

and yes agree , but not everything on dying is out of an individuals control unless they are down right plank stupid

Quote:

this is kinda all over the place people who are boot licker gov lovers but gov hatters and free will as long as you dont put your own free will in
and as for dobbers they been doing that long before what you mentioned but hey its sounds good if its to the extent of persecution

Quote:
and as for arrogant assumptions so im front line still at work and getting nothing from the government and will have to help repay the debt but hell yes i sold every one out

Quote:
and this was why my comment "the hell with it , time you experts step up and see how you can help in this situation"

Last edited by wodahs; 11-04-2020 at 09:32 PM.
Old 11-04-2020, 09:11 PM   #1434
Work Horse
Budget Racer

Quote:
You've singled out a single paragraph and taken it out of context to quote an 'internet rule'.

That's OK, I understand you may struggle with the idea of the systematic extermination of 6 million people in the middle of a war that lead to an estimated 50-70M deaths within a 6 year period
You’re wrong.

My fathers, mother was born in Lviv when it was still Poland (now Ukraine.)

She was a Jew.

My Grandmother was sent to Australia as a young girl by her family for safety in the late 1930's.

Few of my family made to out; Lviv has a direct train line to Auschwitz.

Your flippant reference to Jews and Nazis in this context is offensive and needs to be called out.
Old 11-04-2020, 09:31 PM   #1435
FairmontGS
WT GT
Donating Member3

Quote:

Sorry, I was talking about people who aren’t expendable. As you were

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 11-04-2020, 09:42 PM   #1436
nuthin' fancy
Lyminge, Shepway, Kent
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow_Festiva View Post
Well look. Stay home unless you have to go out.

I go house crazy so each day I do a 1.5hr walk at 10am and another at around 3pm.

Other than shopping or travel to my second job I'm not going anywhere.

I haven't seen my elderly parents in a month and they haven't seen their grand kids. Not fair on all but would be very unfair if someone gets the other sick.

There are some that don't like being told what to do and go out of their way to stir the pot. It doesn't help anyone and can result in them or others getting sick as well as a large fine.

I don't like it as much as the next person, trust me the 'stay at home' rules mean I'm out of my main job of around $65k pa so it hurts. First time I have had to ever ask for a mortgage deferral, and handouts from the government.

But, it is a small sacrifice to make and it won't last forever.

And we are doing much better than most so it's obviously working.
Your common sense contribution has no place in this thread.

"Comedy is when you fall into an open sewer and die, tragedy is when I get a paper cut"
4 users like this post:
Old 11-04-2020, 09:48 PM   #1437
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuthin' fancy View Post
Your common sense contribution has no place in this thread.
Agreed, I'm still waiting for Chemtrails to get a mention, every other bloody silly argument has been used as bait.
Old 11-04-2020, 09:53 PM   #1438
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by Work Horse View Post
You’re wrong.

My fathers, mother was born in Lviv when it was still Poland (now Ukraine.)

She was a Jew.

My Grandmother was sent to Australia as a young girl by her family for safety in the late 1930's.

Few of my family made to out; Lviv has a direct train line to Auschwitz.

Your flippant reference to Jews and Nazis in this context is offensive and needs to be called out.
3 users like this post:
Old 11-04-2020, 10:09 PM   #1439
oldel
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I don't like this kind of dumb.

I like this kind of dumb: https://www.fullmoonfeatures.com/cor...ailer-official

E: BTW you can browse all their terrible movies and take a note of the bottom right corner of the thumbnail. Ones you have to buy or subscribe to get have a little padlock, but there's always a couple that are free to watch that don't have that padlock icon. Apparently they change the free ones regularly.
https://www.fullmoonfeatures.com/browse

Last edited by oldel; 11-04-2020 at 10:19 PM.
2 users like this post:
Old 11-04-2020, 10:14 PM   #1440
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Lighten up everyone...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqNeg_-gEXU

See if that works

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
Closed Thread