Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 09-10-2011, 07:59 PM   #1
taybelZ

Default what are the essentials you do on your car

So we purchased a second hand 08 Auto zetec with 60,000 on the clock.

Its got full service history, however i have a habit of servicing it myself.

Other then spark plugs, air filter, oil, oil filter and fuel filter.

What other 'essentials' do you replace?

I just like the idea of knowing everything has been changed over to my satisfaction.

taybelZ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-10-2011, 08:20 PM   #2
Marquis 351
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: what are the essentials you do on your car

Discs, pads and carbon filter. An 08 Ford What??
Marquis 351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-10-2011, 08:50 PM   #3
marg99
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

You should also ensure the brake fluid was replaced each 3 years and the radiator coolant every 4 years ( red coloured additive).
While not factory recommended an auto transmission service each 50,000 klm is advised to give you longer transmission life
marg99 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-10-2011, 11:32 PM   #4
rand0mn00b

in addition to the above a quick mention for the power steering fluid - reservoir is located under the driver's side front headlight

this is apparently because it is not meant to ever be serviced for the life of the vehicle. well i personally check on it to make sure it's still green and the level hasn't dropped. it will eventually yellow/brown but will do so slowly even though it's never meant to be changed i don't believe that
rand0mn00b is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post