Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 02-11-2008, 12:19 PM   #151
TheColonel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Viykor
My Mondeo supposedly had a software update, yet it still has no actual fuel economy reading.

What do I need to ask them to do/set so this appears? Foolishly I expected it to be done when I asked them to update the software.
They need to update the HMI / Instrument cluster, they may have just updated your ECU
Old 02-11-2008, 08:42 PM   #152
middleman
Starter Motor

I am not sure if this is a problem.

I went to the garage and before unlocking the Mondeo, I saw that there was something flashing inside the car. Upon closer inspection, the "i" on the dashboard was flashing.

Does anyone know what is causing this?

Thanks!
middleman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-11-2008, 10:17 PM   #153
PedroinTas
Frozen White Mondeo TDCI

I've noticed it too. I think it's just the security system flashing red as they normally do (in the case of the Mondy, it's not an led like other makes, but just flashes the i symbol)
Bluetooth
Euro Plates
Towpack
:
PedroinTas is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-11-2008, 12:05 PM   #154
Lord Viykor
XR5 convert

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheColonel
They need to update the HMI / Instrument cluster, they may have just updated your ECU
Thanks Colonel
The mods: Window tint | Fomoco alloy pedals | Red painted brake calipers | THB Bury bluetooth | Bluefin | GGR CAI | Bilstein B6 sports dampers | Eilbach lowered coils | 2XS Inhaler (Top Induction Pipe) | EBC Ultimax discs and EBC red stuff brake pads | Mongoose 3" dump with Mongoose 3" 200 cell cat into custom system with Varex mufflers | Forge re-circ valve | Airtech intercooler coming soon
Lord Viykor is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-11-2008, 12:26 PM   #155
Dusty1
Giddy up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Viykor
Thanks Colonel
When I got mine back last week, they said they updated the software, but no instant consumption. Thanks for the heads up, I'll make sure they do it when it goes in again.
Previous:
Oct 07 built Mondeo TDCi hatch, Stardust Silver, bluetooth, leather, tow pack, sunroof.
Dusty1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-11-2008, 11:58 AM   #156
windsornsw
Cranky Mama

Hi Guys,

Has anyone had a fault with brake master cylinder leaking, have had at the dealer replaced cap twice, seal and reservoir, ours usually leaks parked in steep driveway from under the cap, husband found leak on driveway - have replaced with volvo cap of an s60 due to better seal design and has not leaked since. Ford dealer was getting back to us and took photos and send to Ford Australia - no response, new vehicle brake fluid is acid!
windsornsw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-03-2009, 02:37 PM   #157
MarkG.
Scarlett Fan

Gentlemen,
I have just had my 3000k service check at Jefferson Ford Mentone (Vic).
I have a Sept 08 Build TDCI in Moondust & all the options & have been very happy with the car. Fantastic drive on the Great Ocean Rd & The Black Spur

One of my problems that I wanted fixed in the recent service - was the reversing sensor warning volume. It is way too soft - only 20% of the front senor volume. The service guys were not able to fix it, even saying that they think it is an after market sensor. Funny - it comes standard with all Mondeos except of the LX ??
Anyway, has any one else had the same problem & found a solution ? I have been looking through this forum & not found an answer. Do Ireally have to take it back for another day of 'not sure what the problem is - can you leave it another day ?' ?????
Thanks in advance for any replies.... MarkG
MarkG. is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-03-2009, 05:42 PM   #158
scribbly

The only way you can improve the volume is with a hearing aid.

MA Mondeo
SZ Territory Titanium - >400,000 km
VF SSV Redline
BiTurbo Ranger XLT
scribbly is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-03-2009, 10:25 AM   #159
GRT046
Mondeo TDCi

Have a hearing aid ...... still pretty quiet
Sunroof
GRT046 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-03-2009, 03:05 PM   #160
MarkG.
Scarlett Fan

Thanks for the personal advice But what I really want is a fix for the car. Is this a common issue? Or have I got an unusual fault? Anyone else able to offer a automotive solution? Regards MarkG
Old 11-03-2009, 05:51 PM   #161
GRT046
Mondeo TDCi

Sorry to be flippant but I don't have a technical fix.

However I can confirm that in mine (Oct 2007 TDCi) the rear sensor is much quieter than the front. In fact if the radio is going it is virtually impossible to pick up. Strange that as the rear's are more important as rear vision is not great.

I have not raised it with the dealer as I was of the opinion they were all like that.
Sunroof
Old 12-03-2009, 01:41 AM   #162
cammag

The same here too. I think that is just the they are. But after market my ar$e. Some dealers will say absolutely anything.

Cheers.
Cam
Old 12-03-2009, 01:51 PM   #163
MarkG.
Scarlett Fan

Thanks for your input. It is helpful to know that this is a common fault. I will do some more research & get back to you all with my outcomes.
Regards
MarkG
Old 12-03-2009, 02:18 PM   #164
Dusty1
Giddy up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkG.
Thanks for your input. It is helpful to know that this is a common fault. I will do some more research & get back to you all with my outcomes.
Regards
MarkG
Have a look on the European Mondeo site for more info. Chances are they have already gone through this.

Mine's pretty soft and I just thought that was how it was.

That's the problem with the Mondeo, there are a lot of sh*tty little problems that upset us!
Previous:
Oct 07 built Mondeo TDCi hatch, Stardust Silver, bluetooth, leather, tow pack, sunroof.
Dusty1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-03-2009, 10:14 PM   #165
Katoomba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty1
That's the problem with the Mondeo, there are a lot of sh*tty little problems that upset us!
Check out the windscreen wiper blade thread.
Old 13-03-2009, 05:52 PM   #166
TheColonel

it's due to where the beeper for the rear is located.... the one for the front is in the front so yeah, not much ya could do, well maybe relocate it to the front, or plumb it into the stereo system
Old 30-03-2009, 02:50 PM   #167
MarkG.
Scarlett Fan

Update on soft reversing sensor buzzer.
I have searched OS forums for a solution, and not had any luck.
So (with my hearing aid turned up ) - I went hunting with my trusty side kick.
I found the buzzer unit in the roof headlining, just behind the rear cabin light. I suspect it is being affected by the sound deadening material in the headlining.
My next project is to disassemble the cabin light & try to relocate the buzzer near to the light & clear of the sound deadening material. I let you know of the outcome.
Rgs MarkG
Old 31-03-2009, 01:13 AM   #168
apstar
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkG.
Update on soft reversing sensor buzzer.
I have searched OS forums for a solution, and not had any luck.
So (with my hearing aid turned up ) - I went hunting with my trusty side kick.
I found the buzzer unit in the roof headlining, just behind the rear cabin light. I suspect it is being affected by the sound deadening material in the headlining.
My next project is to disassemble the cabin light & try to relocate the buzzer near to the light & clear of the sound deadening material. I let you know of the outcome.
Rgs MarkG
I bet it was design that way as not to annoy rear passengers don't know your driving skills but some may drive passengers insane the thing they should have done is to cut off the radio during parking maneuvers

apstar
apstar is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-05-2009, 10:23 PM   #169
tomg
Starter Motor

I've got 9000k and 3 months now and tonight when I started the car to come home from work the radio/bluetooth wasn't working! I drove 45k home (including a stop to fill up) and no radio /bluetooth all the way.
Got home, switched off then turned the car on again and the radio started blaring away. Anyone got any ideas?
Found the fuel filler in the boot tonight as discussed above. isn't this forum just great??
Still love the car!

Tom
tomg is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-05-2009, 06:12 PM   #170
scribbly

Do you mean no phone connection through the bluetooth in radio? If so, try switching your phone completely off and then back on again. My Nokia E66 loses the plot every now and then and that is how I fix it.

MA Mondeo
VF SSV Redline
BiTurbo Ranger XLT
Old 12-05-2009, 09:59 AM   #171
r2d2

Yeah Ive got the same with my HTC. The phone and car have a falling out then I have to reset the phone.
Old 13-05-2009, 12:06 AM   #172
tomg
Starter Motor

No it wasn't the phone. i totally lost the radio as well. Nothing worked.
Also now I get a continuous tone from the reversing sensors when I select reverse which continues on after I select drive for 5 - 10 seconds.
Any Ideas? Booked in to get it checked next week.

Tom
tomg is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-05-2009, 11:42 AM   #173
scribbly

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomg
Also now I get a continuous tone from the reversing sensors when I select reverse which continues on after I select drive for 5 - 10 seconds.
Any Ideas? Booked in to get it checked next week.

Tom
Work your way around the car and push the wire/connector in behind each sensor. The same happened to me (Ford couldn't get time in a service to look at it) and I did the above. I found one wire that pushed in about a mm and the problem was rectified. It has not recurred since. :

MA Mondeo
VF SSV Redline
BiTurbo Ranger XLT
Old 15-12-2009, 04:32 PM   #174
Mondeotragic
Banned

Hi people.
First up, thanks to all the regular contributors. I stalked this forum for months before deciding to purchase our Mondeo.
We have a May 2008 build TDCi with the blutooth option. Love the car and love the economy. We do a lot of k's. Up to 17,000 already in 6 months

Car has been fault free from day one and has performed flawlessly. Only have one small issue and I was curious if others have experienced it.

The other week in the hot spell we had in Sydney when temps hit 40 plus we noticed that several bubbles have appeared in the 3 buttons above the stereo unit.

The ESP button, the Demister button and the Hazard Lights button have all started to bubble, like the surface is coming away from the button. Has not happened anywhere else on the dash. We have never used cleaning agent on the dash; just given it the occasional wipe down with a static cloth.

Anyone else experiencing this? I am assuming that it will be repaired under warranty.
Mondeotragic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-12-2009, 04:43 PM   #175
wusyc

This problem is coincidentally being discussed today in a different thread:

http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11282269
Old 15-12-2009, 04:50 PM   #176
Mondeotragic
Banned

Ahh. Thanks. I did a search but could not find anything.
I am not alone then. Looks like another issue of a European car coming up against the harsh reality of Australian conditions.

I am going to leave it until next service. I am hoping it will be a hassle free fix and not a debate with the dealer.
Old 16-12-2009, 11:03 AM   #177
Mondeotragic
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mondeotragic
We have a May 2008 build TDCi with the blutooth option. Love the car and love the economy. We do a lot of k's. Up to 17,000 already in 6 months.
Just to clarify, the car is actually a May 2009 build.

Rang dealer service today and mentioned issue. Straight away got the reply that it was probably because I used a cleaning product on the dash and would not be covered.... sigh.... I can see that NSW Dept of Fair Trading will be involved in this one.

Ford in my experience of the last 20 years provide good product but lousy service and customer relations.
Old 16-12-2009, 12:11 PM   #178
wusyc

I think that you should point the service dealer to the specific thread on the this forum to let them know that it is not a cleaning product issue.

Perhaps, a phone call to Ford directly? Sometime dealers are bad but Ford may not be.
Old 16-12-2009, 12:17 PM   #179
GRT046
Mondeo TDCi

Quote:
Hi people.
Car has been fault free from day one and has performed flawlessly. Only have one small issue and I was curious if others have experienced it.

The other week in the hot spell we had in Sydney when temps hit 40 plus we noticed that several bubbles have appeared in the 3 buttons above the stereo unit.

The ESP button, the Demister button and the Hazard Lights button have all started to bubble, like the surface is coming away from the button. Has not happened anywhere else on the dash. We have never used cleaning agent on the dash; just given it the occasional wipe down with a static cloth.

Anyone else experiencing this? I am assuming that it will be repaired under warranty.
I have an MA TDCi hatch and had the surface lift on the forward sensor switch after about 12 months. This was replaced under warranty without question.
Sunroof
Old 16-12-2009, 09:28 PM   #180
TheColonel

Quote:
Just to clarify, the car is actually a May 2009 build.

Rang dealer service today and mentioned issue. Straight away got the reply that it was probably because I used a cleaning product on the dash and would not be covered.... sigh.... I can see that NSW Dept of Fair Trading will be involved in this one.

Ford in my experience of the last 20 years provide good product but lousy service and customer relations.
Take it to another dealer and have it looked at... and mention that you know of 4 or 5 others that are having this same issue now, and hound Ford CRC